• Available 24/7, now the library comes to you.
• No more late fees. Titles are automatically returned.
• Place holds, create wish lists, and return titles easily.
• Sync libraries, bookmarks, and recent positions across mobile devices.
• A valid account with a participating library, school, or other institution is required.
• Each library builds its own collection of titles. Contact them directly to let them know that you’re using OverDrive and to share any suggestions for books you would like to see them carry.
OverDrive Media Console v2.6.6 will be installed on devices running Android v2.2 - v3.2.
• Quickly search, with filters to zero-in on what you want
• Get the details on any title, including descriptions, community reviews and commentary
• Save titles to your ‘For Later’ list
• Check a title’s availability – even map the locations where your title is available now
• Instantly check your due dates and renew
• Check if your holds are ready
• Find and download ebooks and audiobooks
• Browse bestsellers, new arrivals, and recent reviews
• Check branch location hours or get directions to the nearest branch location of BPL
**NOTE: As of newer versions of Android OS, applications can no longer write outside their normal directory space. Calibre Library is no exception to that rule. Books will be stored within it's own directory, and you can automatically launch the book from inside the app causing FBReader or your favorite reader to open the book automatically without you even needing to know where it is! This is a good thing in one respect - it allows Android to clean up your device after you remove applications, because all data from that app will be in it's own folder. This DOES mean that it will not work with Amazon's eBook reader, because their reader has no ability to open based on MIME type.
Pair with Nook, FBReader or another e-book reading application for a complete solution. This is not an e-book reader app.
If your Calibre server is visible on the Internet, you can even use your phone's data plan to download books. If your phone has wireless, you can download books from within your own lan regardless.
Please note - this will only display formats offered by Calibre's OPDS interface, which does not appear to include .lit files.
• quickly search, with filters to zero-in on what you want
• get descriptions and community reviews for titles
• save titles to your ‘For Later’ list
• check availability – and map the locations where your title is available now
• instantly check your due dates
• check if your holds are ready
• find and download ebooks and audiobooks
• browse bestsellers, new arrivals, and recent reviews
• rate titles with one touch
• check library hours or get directions to the nearest Christchurch City Libraries branch
Note: app requires a minimum screen size of 320x480
Use APL Mobile to search the catalog, place items on hold, renew materials, access our downloadable collection of ebooks and audiobooks, manage your library account, find locations and hours of our seven neighborhood libraries in Albany (NY), check out our calendar of events, ask us a question, and connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
APL Mobile includes a great new way to search our books. No need to search by field, enter full words, or wait for results. Just type the first couple of letters of the key words and see the search in action while you type. For example, to find books on "Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis" simply type "ja ke on".
Another great feature of APL Mobile is Book Look. Simply scan the bar code on any book and find out if we have it at the library. Then you can request it right from the app.
Have 24/7 access to Albany Public Library at your fingertips with APL Mobile!
Reading is free, courtesy of your library.
Total Boox gives US library patrons (from listed libraries) unlimited access to tens of thousands of quality e-books in a wide range of fiction and nonfiction categories. Reading is free, courtesy of your public library. All e-books are immediately available for download to your Android device.
Currently available at the Westchester Library System (New York), The Ferguson Library (Stamford), Brazoria County Library System (Texas), State Library of Kansas (Kansas), Williamson County Public Library (Tenessee).
We made it easy for you to enjoy the service:
1. Download this app and login with your library card-number and PIN to read instantly.
2. Add e-books to your library through our app or by visiting our website. Sign up now at http://www.totalboox.com/mylibrary
Your library is not listed? Please follow the link below to install relevant app version:
Bluefire Reader is designed with you, the reader, in mind—and now it’s better than ever! With just a tap you can highlight, bookmark, annotate, look up a definition, and share excerpts. We've also improved the presentation of our Search results, making it easier to review words and phrases in context.
Popular bookstores and leading publishers around the world use the Bluefire white-label platform to power their branded apps. Try Bluefire Reader today and see why!
Real-time access to the Library’s collection via your smartphone or tablet. Perform mobile catalog searches for books, DVDs, audiobooks, and CDs. Smart Prefix™ search, a search designed specifically for mobile devices, makes it significantly faster to search and find what you’re looking for. Just type the first couple of letters of words, and the search instantly pulls the most relevant results. Type 'row gob' for J.K. Rowlings' "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire." For "Gossip Girl" titles, type 'gos gi.' To find a specific "Gossip Girl" title like "The Complete Second Season," you only have to type 'gos gi co se.'
Manage your account, place holds, renew items, and view your fines.
eBooks & Downloadable Audiobooks
Access the Library’s eBook and downloadable Audiobook collections directly within the SLCPL app! The 3M Cloud Library, OverDrive, and OneClickdigital external apps are integrated right within The City Library app, delivering access to all three within a single app.
Find a Book or CD you want on Amazon.com, in Barnes & Noble, or any other store? Before you buy, check to see if it’s available for checkout in The City Library catalog with BookLook™! Simply scan the item’s ISBN Barcode with your phone’s camera to see if the item is available from the Library. Camera not working? You can enter ISBNs manually.
Ask a Librarian
Allows direct connection to reference services via email or phone.
Calendar & Events
Now the Library’s calendar of events is with you wherever you go.
Stay up-to-date with happenings at the Library! Connect with us on your favorite social networks and be on the lookout for posts featuring exciting event notices, pertinent news, interesting links, and recommended readings.
GPS-aware technology allows mappable turn-by-turn directions to each branch address. Also includes hours of operation and click-to-call contact information for each branch.
- Browse Catalog
- Find Newest Titles
- Hold a Title
- Renew Items
- Manage my Account
- Events Calendar
- Find a Location
* Search the library’s catalogue to find books, movies, music and more using a great new way to search! Just type the first couple of letters of words and see the search in action while you type. For instance, ‘su co’ retrieves books written by Suzanne Collins.
* Enjoy one-click access to eLibraries Manitoba for downloadable audio and e-books.
* Check your library account, renew materials and place requests.
* Map the location of any branch and get phone and hours info.
* Access the library’s Twitter, Facebook and other social media accounts.
* Scan the ISBN of any book, anywhere, to see if it’s available at your local library.