• Available 24/7, now the library comes to you.
• No more late fees. Titles are automatically returned.
• Place holds, create wish lists, and return titles easily.
• Sync libraries, bookmarks, and recent positions across mobile devices.
• A valid account with a participating library, school, or other institution is required.
• Each library builds its own collection of titles. Contact them directly to let them know that you’re using OverDrive and to share any suggestions for books you would like to see them carry.
OverDrive Media Console v2.6.6 will be installed on devices running Android v2.2 - v3.2.
• Quickly search, with filters to zero-in on what you want
• Get the details on any title, including descriptions, community reviews and commentary
• Save titles to your ‘For Later’ list
• Check a title’s availability – even map the locations where your title is available now
• Instantly check your due dates and renew
• Check if your holds are ready
• Find and download ebooks and audiobooks
• Browse bestsellers, new arrivals, and recent reviews
• Check branch location hours or get directions to the nearest branch location of BPL
> login to personal library account
> search, reserve and renew library materials
> save and retrieve library materials in My Lists
> check the addresses and opening hours of public libraries
> locate the nearest libraries via GPS
> use personalised alert services to receive notifications, including pick-up notices and due date reminders
> search library materials by scanning the ISBN barcode
> share the information of library materials to friends through e-mail, instant messaging tools and social sharing platforms
Personal Information Collection Statement
1. The personal data collected in the app will only be used for processing your library account or handling your enquiry.
2. The personal data required in the app include your library card number/Hong Kong identity card number and your library account password. Whether you store your personal data in the app is optional. If you have logged in with your Hong Kong identity card number, it will be converted and saved as a library card number.
3. The app will collect the device model, system version, usage and login records as general statistical data for helping the LCSD compile statistics or diagnosing system problems, so as to enhance the app and facilitate your use of our library services.
4. The app will obtain your location data via GPS and show you the nearest public libraries and any related information. Your location data will not be saved in the app.
5. The function of direct phone calling to branch libraries is provided in the app, but it will not collect any personal data.
6. The personalized library information notification service provided in the app will send the identifier of your device together with your alert messages to Google Inc. or Apple Inc., from whom the messages will be pushed to your device. On Android system, the app will also collect the MAC address for checking purpose.
• quickly search, with filters to zero-in on what you want
• get descriptions and community reviews for titles
• save titles to your ‘For Later’ list
• check availability – and map the locations where your title is available now
• instantly check your due dates
• check if your holds are ready
• find and download ebooks and audiobooks
• browse bestsellers, new arrivals, and recent reviews
• rate titles with one touch
• check library hours or get directions to the nearest Christchurch City Libraries branch
Note: app requires a minimum screen size of 320x480