The Bicycle Maintenance Guide differs to other repair apps on Google Play store because it is one of the only apps to be packed with quality video content. Most other apps just offer content of text and images.
The Bicycle Maintenance Guide app is unique and differs to other content found online, such as YouTube and Parktool, because the majority of the apps content can be found and accessed with no internet connection. This means you can use the app to help repair your bike even when you're out in the sticks with no internet connection, to get you home or to your local bike shop.
The app is the most expansive bicycle repair guide available with over 100 sections, 60 professionally filmed videos containing over 7.5 hours of footage, 180+ high resolution images and over 50,000 words.
The Bicycle Maintenance Guide app is a complete guide to bicycle repairs, shown and instructed by two world class bike mechanics - Mike Rawson and Chuck Buckley.
Mike is a Senior Service Technician at a top end bicycle company and was a Team GB Mechanic for 7 years, where he covered the Olympic Games, World Championships and European Cycling Tours.
Chuck was a Head Mechanic of a UK professional cycling team for a long period before returning to NZ where he now owns and runs a bike shop.
The app is broken up into 5 areas, these are:-
• Exclusive access to our private YouTube channel featuring 60 professionally shot HD video tutorials. These videos are not available on-line without this app.
• Each video tutorial is backed up with a list of tools required and fully presented step by step instructions with hi-resolution photographs.
• Comprehensive written tutorials backed up with high quality imagery to illustrate how to perform your own repairs
AT THE ROADSIDE
• An additional 8 video tutorials which can be viewed in an emergency whilst out riding.
• A unique feature with ‘get out of jail’ tricks that will get the rider home after a major breakdown at the roadside. One video shows how to use a £5 note to repair a torn tyre.
• Each of these videos also backed up with a list of tools required and fully presented step by step instructions with hi-resolution photographs.
• Annotated and clearly labelled hi-resolution photographs of each component on a bicycle. By fully explaining what each part does, the user will have a fuller understanding of the components, giving them the confidence to adjust and maintain that part.
• Easy to follow steps to help diagnose and remedy those common problems with your bicycle.
• Exclusive servicing guide written by Chuck Buckley encompassing weekly, monthly and annual servicing of your bicycle.
• Links to our social media pages and website.
• Link to email us with any questions or offer your feedback. We are always looking at ways to improve.
• Simply and fully explained instructions in plain English for both casual and serious riders alike.