BBQ TankMeter is designed for use with standard 20 pound steel propane tanks as shown in the screenshots, the type commonly used for BBQ grills and portable patio heaters. The app will NOT work with fiberglass tanks or steel tanks of other sizes.
Hold your Android device approximately 6 inches from the tank and start the app. Tap the “Test” button. Wait until the app displays the message, “listening for tank”, then firmly strike the center of the tank with your knuckle or a hard object like a quarter. The tank will “ring” like a bell and BBQ TankMeter will display the message “Reading Tank”. After a brief pause for calculation, the result will be displayed.
BBQ TankMeter only works with “standard” 20 pound steel propane tanks as shown in the screenshots. The tank must be vertically-oriented with the valve on top and must be able to “ring” like a bell when struck firmly with a hard object. If the tank is covered, insulated or otherwise physically damped in such a way that it cannot “ring” clearly, the measurement will not work.
To confirm you have a 20 lb propane cylinder, check the codes on the outside of the tank collar (the steel ring surrounding the valve at the top). Look for the codes WC (water capacity) and TW (tare weight). A 20 lb tank will have the codes WC47LB, WC47.6LB or WC48LB and TW16.0LB, TW16.6LB, TW17LB or TW18LB. Propane tanks outside of this range will not measure properly.
BBQ TankMeter begins operation when the “Test” button is pressed. The app listens for the ringing sound generated when the tank is struck with a hard object and triggers when the sound of the tank is heard. In certain noisy environments BBQ TankMeter may not be able to differentiate the sound of the tank from the background noise. In this case, adjust the trigger level in advanced settings or try the app again later in a less noisy environment.
BBQ TankMeter has a Demo function that randomly generates the “ring” of a tank and measures the result for that sound. To run a demonstration, press the "Demo" button. After a brief pause your Android will generate the “ring” of a tank, measure the sound, then display the result. If your Android does not detect the sound, turn up the audio volume on your device and ensure the microphone isn't covered by your finger or hand.
BBQ TankMeter is pre-calibrated for use with a Worthington Cylinders Model 303955 propane tank and other 20 lb propane tanks with WC 47.6 LB and TW 16.6 LB. For general use there is no need to recalibrate. To more accurately calibrate your BBQ TankMeter app, test a full tank with a known amount of propane or weigh the amount of propane in your tank and adjust the calibration to the weight. For more information on calibration, visit nitzassociates.com
TankMeter uses Acoustic Signature Analysis Technology from Nitz Associates, Inc. For more information about tank measurement products from Nitz Associates, please visit our website at www.nitzassociates.com If you have comments, questions or suggestions for improvement, please contact Nitz Associates by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For just $2 more, you can also get "Ultimate Checklist" that includes 52+ occasions and 12,000+ items including barbecuing and lot more. Just search for it in the market.
The app does NOT request for any permission and there are absolutely NO ads. Your privacy is guaranteed. Comes with FREE lifetime updates.
- Add new items
- Add new categories
- Thumb friendly check/uncheck option
- Hide checked items
- Unhide checked items
- Option to check all
- Option to uncheck all, so you can reuse the list again.
- Rearrange items
- Edit existing items (long press on any item for option to edit)
- Edit existing categories (long press on any category for option to edit)
- Delete existing items (long press on any item for option to delete)
- Delete existing categories (long press on any category for option to delete)
- Indicates the total number of items and the number of items that need to be completed.
- Color coded (green, yellow and red) for a visually appealing presentation
- Reuse the list multiple times.
- Comes pre-populated with more than 360 items
keywords: bbq, barbecue, barbecuing, bbq trip, barbecue trip, outdoors,barbecue recipes, bbq recipes
The Pit Pal enables more consistent BBQ through the use of historical tracking of cooks and results taking into account common BBQ variables such as the temperature and duration of the cook, or the sauce/rub combination, or even the type of wood used or the weather at the time of the cook. Tracking these variables allows the pit master to look back at previous cooks and continue to cook and tweak variables until the perfect combination is hit. And then have the data to replicate that combination at any time.
This is a technique that teams on the BBQ competition circuit have been using for years only with a pen & paper or excel spreadsheets. The intent of The Pit Pal is to take this technique, leverage technology to improve on it, and help people with a passion for BBQ produce great food.
* Easy to use interface for entering your cook and food details.
* Quick notes for one-click entry of common events such as mopping, adding coal, adding wood, saucing, foiling, etc.
* Ability to track history for multiple foods during a cook.
* Add temperatures for your cook and track via easy to read charts and graphs.
* Easily export your cooks to Word, Excel, XML, or Text files for sharing, backup, or offline viewing.
* Cook & food notifications for time & temperature.
* Ability to add detailed notes to your cook stored in a cook archive.
* Rate your cooks so you can track the outcome for future reference.
* Take pictures of your end product direct from The Pit Pal which automatically store in cook archive.
*** Direct integration with the BBQ Guru CyberQ WIFI and STOKER WIFI ***
* View your smoker and food temperatures real time direct from you Android device.
* Track and graph your temperatures to see exactly what is happening on your cook.
* Direct access to the guru and stoker web console.
* Temperature notifications utilizing the internal device notification manager.
* FREE Backyard Edition – This is the baseline version. Does not include photos, charting, data export and other pro features. Max cook history of 5. Has a couple non-intrusive ads.
* FREE Competitor Edition – This is the promo version released to Brethren and BBQ Guru and Stoker BBQ customers prior to the official release. It includes all functionality (including photos, charting, etc) up to this release. Max cook history of 5. Has small non-intrusive ads. Will have access to some future enhancements with the ability to upgrade as needed.
* PAID Competitor Edition – This is the full blown version with all functionality, unlimited cook history, no advertising, and access to all future enhancements. It also helps support further development of The Pit Pal and funds future enhancements. We think the price is extremely reasonable considering it probably costs more to buy a pen & paper these days :)
Met de unieke BBQ timer wordt u perfect geassisteerd bij het bereiden van uw vlees of vis. De bereidingstijd en bereidingswijze wordt bepaald op basis van de door u ingegeven voorkeuren. U weet precies wanneer u bijvoorbeeld uw biefstuk om moet draaien voor een perfect ‘well done’ stukje vlees. Zo krijgt u een advies op maat!
Harm Jan de BBQ-Man geeft in de vele video’s handige tips voor de perfecte bereiding van uw BBQ producten. Ook bevat de app heerlijke BBQ recepten en onmisbare tips voor elke BBQ.
Ook laat de app u in een oogopslag zien of en wanneer het goed weer is om te BBQ-en! Een leuke extra functionaliteit zijn de notificaties. U kunt deze zelf instellen en ontvangt dan een notificatie wanneer het over twee dagen BBQ weer is.
C1000 wenst u een succesvol BBQ seizoen toe!
Aside from videos and photos, you can enjoy many other features including BBQ wiki library and tweet searches.
1) Tons of high resolution photos
2) Over 1,000 videos (YouTube Player)
3) BBQ wiki library
4) Searches tweets related to BBQ
5) Daily updated contents
- Barbecue grill
- Regional variations of barbecue
- Barbecue sauce
- Pit barbecue
- Roast beef
- Roast chicken
- Pork ribs
- Grilled Seafood
- Carne asada
- Char siu
- Jamaican jerk spice
- Indirect grilling
- Barbecue in the United States
- Memphis-style barbecue
- Lexington Barbecue Festival
- Kansas City-style barbecue
- Barbecue in Texas
and much more!
*You must be connected to the internet to enjoy this app.
Ever wonder how long you should BBQ your Steak Hamburger Chicken Breast or Seafood ?
Don't burn your burgers again on the BBQ.
This easy to use Timer lets you select your food and doneness, you click start and an alarm lets you know when to flip your food along with a countdown clock so you can see time remaining.
Lets you know what temperature the BBQ should be at and if it is direct or indirect heat on the BBQ.
Be a BBQ Grill MAster and serve great food.
Julian's is the newest restaurant concept by Keith Burks, Founder of BJK's Rib Factory of Bethel Island, CA, Team Rib Factory catering of Concord, CA, and Team Rib Factory of Walnut Creek, CA.
In short, Julian's is to be Hayward's premier dine-in BBQ restaurant - think of Yoshi's but with better food!
What goes better with good BBQ, beer, and wine than live blues and jazz?
Julian's is a restaurant, as all past Rib Factories have been, but with the added advantage of having a live jazz and blues venue.
This is what brought Keith Burks to Hayward. As the redevelopment approaches Foothill Blvd., Keith has been called in to develop two distinct restaurant ventures.
The first of these two ventures is Julian's BBQ BEER and WINE. It is Keith's goal to work with the City of Hayward and the Hayward community, with groups like Lincoln Center for Kids, and starting outreach projects of his own, such as "Real Stage Project" and "That's Why We Praise Him". It should be mentioned that Team Rib Factory was the first BBQ team to get the rights to the Blackhawk Country Club Boy Scouts annual event and has hosted the event for the past seven years, as well as other Blackhawk events. Team Rib Factory is the only BBQ company to ever have an establishment in the Broadway Plaza in Walnut Creek, CA. Also, Team Rib Factory has served BBQ at events to the Oakland Raiders and on the U.S.S. Hornet for the July 4th, 2010, celebration.
Our goal with Julian's BBQ BEER & WINE is to have the best food in Hayward with occasional live jazz and blues music. We are extremely proud of our signature smoked ribs and are confident that our Freddy's Favorites and Sweet Jimmy's will stand up to the taste buds of any "rib expert". We have no intentions of ever being a night club.
We are looking forward to building a long-lasting business partnership with the City of Hayward and providing our signature barbeque to its residents.