A mantra is a sequence of words or syllables that are chanted, usually repetitively, as part of Buddhist practice. An example of a mantra is om mani padme hum, which is associated with Tibetan Buddhism.
The function of a mantra is understood differently by the several schools of Buddhism, but at its most basic level, the chanting of a mantra is thought to evoke enlightenment. Sometimes mantras are used as a form of meditation.
Different mantras evokes different kinds of blessings to assist us in our worldly or spiritual pursuits, but it must always comes with pure motivation.
This app consists of the following mantras:
1. Om Mani Padme Hum
2. Avalokiteshrava Nilankantha Dharani (sanskrit version of Great Compassionate Mantra)
3. Cundi Dharani
4. Green Tara Mantra
5. Vairocana Mantra
6. Saraswati Mantra
7. Vajrasattva 100 Syllable of Purification
8. Amitabha Mantra
9. Kurukulle Love Mantra (tibetan's cupid or Red Tara)
10. Manjushri Mantra
11. Du Sum Sangye Guru Rinpoche
12. White Tara Mantra
13. Prajna Paramita
14. Sitatapatra Mantra (White Umbrella Goddess or Dukkar)
15. Amitayus Long Life Dharani