PLAN BIKE NAVIGATION FROM A TO B TO C
Select a start and finish point, plus intermediate waypoints, by tapping on the map, by searching for names/places/postcodes, or by using your current location, and tap to obtain the route. Uses the general street network, plus Sustrans and other routes.
CHOICE OF FOUR ROUTING MODES
The app produces routes that will suit most cyclists. It can optionally can find faster or quieter routes for different types of rider. Routes are fetched from the CycleStreets website.
HILLS? NO PROBLEM!
The journey planner knows about hills, and finds routes that take advantage of the descents and avoids the ascents where possible. It balances these against the available road types. The route can be displayed on a map with contours using the OpenCycleMap option.
As well as the main map view, planned routes are loaded into an itinerary view, so you can follow each part of the journey. The street name, time and length are all shown, as is a detailed map for each individual stage of the journey. Routes are saved so you can also follow them again later.
The Photomap is a cycling advocacy tool used by campaign groups around the country. Use it to browse examples of problems or good practice, and add your own pictures. Need more cycle parking in your favourite spot in town? Sign in with a free account and add a photo of it to the Photomap.
Routing makes use of OpenStreetMap data, the brilliant 'geo-wiki' to which you can contribute. Note that, at present, some areas of the country have better coverage than others. Streets and paths of all kinds, including Sustrans routes and Local Authority network, are included. Routing quality is being developed all the time, with new types of cycling and street data being added and interpreted by the route planner.
Android App written by our great volunteers: Jez Higgins, with contributions from Theodore Hong, Christopher Fraser, Jonathan Gray, Shaun McDonald, Simon Nuttall.
Part of the development of this App has been funded by Cycling Scotland.
For improved mobility, take advantage of the different services offered by this application for smartphones and tablets:
- Locate your current position through geolocation and display interactive maps. Different plans and maps available : Michelin maps, lite maps and aerial maps.
- Quickly and accurately calculate routes in car, motorcycle, cycle or pedestrian mode from your current location, a specific address or a contact address and optimise your travel with :
• Display of multiple route options including journey times without traffic, estimated journey times based on current traffic levels, the distance for each route and the estimated distance and cost for each route (toll fees, vignette fees and fuel prices that can be personalised according to petrol prices and vehicle type).
• Display your route in either map or road map mode and feature all the key stages of your journey.
- Find an address
In addition, numerous options enabling you to display:
- Car parks, petrol stations AND real-time traffic
- Hotels and restaurants from the MICHELIN guides and tourist information from the MICHELIN Green Guides, as well as the ability to calculate your route with a single click !
- Whether it’s a business trip or holidays and travel, use the ViaMichelin application to travel with peace of mind. Day after day, we look for ways in which to improve mobility in order to bring you greater efficiency and fun. We work on your behalf with passion and enthusiasm.
ViaMichelin offers maps for across the world including Europe and, of course, the United Kingdom, with maps and plans for towns and cities: London map, Birmingham map, Manchester map, but also Liverpool, Bristol… Road and motorway traffic is also available for Europe and the UK (London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Bristol traffic…)
NB : You will need to authorise access to your contacts in order to directly complete data fields with contact addresses.
MICHELIN Mobility Apps
Drive smartly with the MICHELIN application range
Discover a package of free, interconnected applications that enable you to better monitor and manage your trips
-Maintain your tyres and vehicle:
o MICHELIN MyCar: advice on checking and maintaining your vehicle
o MICHELIN Navigation: GPS, community road alerts and real-time traffic information
o ViaMichelin: mapping and route calculation
-Enjoy your travels:
o MICHELIN Hotels: real-time booking
o MICHELIN Restaurants: restaurant search and booking
o MICHELIN Travel: a wealth of information from the Green Guide
Any ideas for improving your application? Share your ideas by leaving a comment on the store or by contacting us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you for your feedback which enables us to continually improve our travel products and services.
Naviki offers Europe-wide best route planning for bicycles and an impressive documentation of your cycling activities. Optionally for everyday, leisure, mountain bike and racing bike Naviki provides ideal connections between any start and destination addresses, it immediately shows your routes on a map and navigates to your target by spoken navigation instructions and arrows on the display. Naviki easily records your own ways and synchronises them with www.naviki.org. The result is an impressive personal collection of ways! Simple and practical: Plan routes on www.naviki.org and transmit them to the App with just one click.
Naviki’s most important functions at a glance:
Simply enter your start and destination, immediately get your customised route with the most important additional information.
Spoken instructions and pleasantly large navigation arrows on your display. By means of spoken instructions, the phone can remain in your pocket which is energy-saving. Spontaneous deviation from a planned route is no problem - Naviki automatically calculates a new route to your destination.
Gives you the cycle tracks for your daily activities. Prefers minor roads, bicycle lanes, rather short and straight routes as well as easy accessible and solid surfaces.
Your cycle routes for tourism and leisure activities. Prefers officially signposted cycle tracks, easy accessible and solid surfaces, minor roads and a nice natural environment.
MOUNTAIN BIKE ROUTING
Your routes for great MTB experiences! Prefers unsealed surfaces, single trails, distinguished and signposted MTB routes as well as forest and country tracks.
RACING BIKE ROUTING
Racing bike routes for fascinating fast trips! Prefers sealed and smooth surfaces, tracks allowing high-speed cycling, minor roads, a scenic environment.
"SHORTER ROUTE" ROUTING
Particularly attractive to reach a destination quickly and directly.
Download high quality Naviki maps on your smartphone and then use them independent of internet access.
For all routes Naviki provides a height profile, the highest and lowest points and the total altitude to be cycled upwards.
Speed, average speed and distance traveled are always in view. During navigation and recording the speedometer is automatically displayed.
RECORDING YOUR OWN PATHS
Just one tap and Naviki records the path you cycle and stores it in your personal Naviki cloud. Easily create an impressive statistic on www.naviki.org! You can always add an individual description to each path.
Plan comfortably on the web and then immediately use your routes via App: transmit your routes from www.naviki.org to your Naviki App by just one click.
LISTS FOR MEMORISED AND RECORDED PATHS
Clearly arranged lists show your recorded paths and the routes you calculated via web or Naviki App. Thus you have always access to your personally most important bicycle routes.
Extras: Turn-by-turn navigation and leisure routing as an in-app purchase are € 3.79 each. Mountain bike routing and racing bike routing are € 4.79 each. Offline Maps starting from € 4,79.
↪︎ ROUTING IS OUT ↩︎
Get driving directions from your current location to any spot on a single map.
➣ Over 15M downloads worldwide.
➣ TOP 1 mobile travel app in more than 100 countries.
➣ Featured in Forbes, TechCrunch and Washington Post.
Optimised for your phone and tablet (even without 3G).
➣ ROUTING. Receive map directions to a specific location. Never get lost again with GPS navigation.
➣ WORKS EVERYWHERE. Download any map for free. Useful at home and essential for travel with 345 countries and islands covered. Paris, France? Check. Amsterdam, Netherlands? Check. Barcelona, Spain? Check. New York, USA? Check! Rome, Italy? Check. London, UK? Check. Pare-Pare? Yeah, that’s Indonesia. Check!
➣ HIGHLY DETAILED. Offline maps just got better! There’s millions of points-of-interest (POI) to discover: search for restaurants, tourist attractions and destinations, gas/petrol stations, ATM machines, metro/ subway stations and more. Up-to-date map data is added daily by map users worldwide – www.openstreetmap.org – open-source alternative to Google Maps/GMaps and MapQuest.
➣ NO INTERNET NEEDED. Maps work when no internet connection is available. Forget about roaming charges when travelling abroad.
➣ INCREDIBLY FAST. One of the fastest offline maps ever. Displays map when others don’t. Innovative map data compression makes MAPS.ME offline maps remarkably small. Save memory on your device.
➣ Bookmarks of places. Create and import/export from other maps for easy access anytime. KML/KMZ files are supported.
➣ Offline search. Locate everything you need on the maps and use it as a travel guide!
➣ Location-sharing. Let your friends and family know where you are! Send a pin of any place on the map via email or SMS.
➣ Auto-follow mode. When enabled, the map automatically orients itself to the direction you are moving.
If you have any questions, contact us at: email@example.com. We respond to every enquiry.
We built an app to match the reputation.
★ Maximum battery duration – enjoy day-long tour rides knowing that battery power will last.
★ No Internet connection needed – will not send tracked data over the Internet, leveraging both privacy and battery duration at the same time.
★ Record your rides – activities are saved to standard GPX track files.
★ FenceGuard technology – easily hide the location of your home, workplace, or other private places from the track files.
★ Maximum privacy – track data is stored only on the device, not sent over the Internet; you can also disable tracking entirely.
★ Profiles – switch the profile when you switch the bike, maintain settings and statistic for all your vehicles or sports.
★ Maps – offline or online, Google map with terrain, satellite, traffic, auto-rotate and follow, 3D view…
★ Speedometer – beautiful graphical/digital speedo shows your instant, average and maximum speeds at all times.
★ GPS Cockpit – shows distance, duration, altitude, ascent, descent, energy, power¹, climb power¹, acceleration, pace, temperature², odometer, clock…
★ Bicycle bell – sounded automatically on braking, or manually by tapping/shaking/knocking the device.
★ Moving sounds – great for silent bikes that startle pedestrians.
★ Flashlight – make yourself noticeable in low visibility conditions.
★ HUD mode – put the device behind the windshield of your car and view readings in reflection!
★ Tally sounds – hear a sound when a milestone is reached, for example every 5 miles or every 30 minutes.
★ Relaunch after forceful reboot – app is there for you even when unexpected things happen.
★ Own GPS algorithms – does not depend on Google Play Services.
★ Passive GPS mode – can be used alonside another GPS app (like My Tracks, Strava, Endomondo, etc), without consuming extra battery power.
★ Keep screen on / Keep above lockscreen – access the app without unlocking the device.
★ Simple to use and clean interface – easy to operate with sweaty fingers or gloves.
★ Widgets (Desktop & Lock Screen)
★ Portrait / Landscape screen modes
¹ Watts, or Watts per kg/lb. No external sensors like ANT+ or similar are needed.
² Ambient temperature sensor is only available on some devices.
App is very useful for commute, tour, mountain bike, downhill, road, running, walking, triathlon, car driving, …
Great as Google's My Tracks replacement.
Perfect for use on a handlebar mount, in an armband, on a dashboard, in a pocket, or in a bag.
PRO key: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sublimis.urbanbiker.key
How is it different from other similar apps?
I love travelling and exploring new places. One of the biggest problems for me was to find an optimized route to travel to all my planned destinations in a trip. However, there was no a route planing app that satisfied all my requirements. The major issues I had with other apps were: they were not truly free, too complex to use (too many overkill features for me), and required access to my contact book.
So, as an engineer, I decided to build something that my friends and I would like to use for our next trips. With that in mind, my route planner:
1) is completely Free and AD-Free (I don't plan to make even one penny from it);
2) has a clean minimalist design. Simple and very intuitive to use;
3) does NOT require any extra permissions such as accessing your contact book or GPS.
How is it different from Google maps?
Google maps returns directions based on the order you enter your stops. However, this may not be the fastest route for visiting your destinations (assuming order does not matter). This app will return the optimal order to you and ensure it is the fastest route.
How does it work?
Optimal route calculation is done based on data from the Google directions service. The end result will be displayed on a Google map with the direction details. Internet connection is required while doing the math. After calculation, the optimal route will be saved locally and can be accessed offline later. There are three travel modes: driving, walking, and bicycling.
Note for users:
The auto-complete feature is provided by Google Maps API. If it does not work properly, there are three possibilities: 1.The Internet connection is currently not good; 2.The Google Maps API service is currently not working properly; 3.The Google Maps API service (not the actual Google Maps app) has some compatibility issues with your device...For any of the above causes, I can't do anything about it, sorry :(
This app is completely free (no even ads). I would really appreciate if you may take this into account when rating the app :-) The app only uses the free version of the Google Maps API. If you are looking for an app that could handle some serious workload (e.g., 150 stop points in one route), I would suggest you to checkout those commercial (paid) route planners.
Note for computer science graduates:
As we all know, the travelling salesman problem (TSP) is NP-hard. This app uses two methods to calculate the optimal route: 1) a brute force approach when the number of destinations is small, and 2) a set of approximation algorithms when the number is large.
S naší aplikací již nezabloudíte - ukáže Vám, kde se nacházíte a provede Vás stezkou nebo navede na Vámi vybraný bod zájmu. V aplikaci je již zmapováno více než 1100 stezek a každým dnem přibývají nové.
Veškeré Vaše náměty na vylepšení či připomínky pište na email firstname.lastname@example.org
NO IN-APP PURCHASE OR SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED. This Free app optimizes Routes with up to 30 stops.
Stops can be selected from Current Location, Address Book Contacts, Manual Entry, Google Search, Copy/Paste or via 'Share this place' from Google Maps.
At each step of your Trip use Google Navigation (if available in your region) to get directions to your next Stop. Travel and arrival times to each destination are updated to keep you in control of your schedule. Routes can be Loaded and Saved to Google Fusion Tables and can contain up to 50 Stops.
It's Free - Give it a Try!
Problems with Address Recognition? These can usually be easily resolved - email support on email@example.com
NOW SUPPORTS HERE, WAZE, NAVIGON, SYGIC, SMARTTRUCKROUTE GPS as well as Google Nav! Just choose your favorite Turn-By-Turn Navigation app in the List View Preferences screen (choose 'Generic' if your app is not listed). Please report any problems (or requests for other Nav apps) to support at firstname.lastname@example.org
*** Version Difference Summary ***!
Free: No Subscription. Contains Advertising. Can Optimize Routes with up to 30 Stops
Pro: No Subscription. No Advertising. Can Optimize Routes with up to 85 Stops
Jednoduché ovládání vám zaručí pohodlné používání aplikace Mapy.cz přímo v terénu.
Co to umí?
- Možnost stažení mapy celé České republiky včetně offline hledání přímo do mobilního telefonu (do 400 MB)
- Offline stažení mapy Slovenské republiky
- Synchronizujte si v batůžku moje oblíbené
- Turistické mapy včetně cyklotras, vrstevnic a turistických značek
- Trasu svoji cesty si můžete naplánovat pěšky, autem i na kole (zatím pouze online)
- Vyhledávání využívá katalog Firmy.cz s více než 570 000 záznamy
- Zajímavosti a tipy na výlety z celé České republiky
- Restaurace, bankomaty, ubytování, úřady atp. v místě, kde se nacházíte
- Pro ovládání jednou rukou dvakrát poklepejte a při druhém klepnutí držte prst na mapě, následným posunem nahoru, dolů lze mapu přibližovat a oddalovat
- Při klepnutí na modrou šipku, která ukazuje v jakém směru se nacházíte, vás aplikace Mapy.cz přesune na zobrazení mapy vašeho okolí, následně bude aplikace posouvat mapu dle vašeho pohybu
* Pro stažení mapy budete potřebovat připojení k internetu.
* Pro správné fungování aplikace zapněte polohové služby v nastavení telefonu.
* V případě dotazů nebo problémů nám napište na email@example.com
- Pokud se vám stane, že se vám po stažení neukáže offline mapa bude chyba zřejmě v ukládání dat. Proto prosím zkuste: Nastavení - aplikace - Mapy.cz - smazat data a mapy stáhnout znova.
- Problém s určením polohy. Opět je to hodně závislé na kvalitě GPS modulu co máte v telefonu ale ideální je:
mít zapnuté polohové služby ( nastavení telefonu - určování polohy ) idealně vše zaškrtnuté ( GPS, WiFi, Operátor)
Optimize up to 85 Stops with NO SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED.
We recommend that you try the fully functional Free version before you buy this one. The Free version of the app supports up to 30 Stops so it may be all you need.
Stops can be selected from Current Location, Address Book Contacts, Manual Entry, Google Search, Copy/Paste or via 'Share this place' from Google Maps.
After you start a trip travel and arrival times can be updated to keep you in control of your schedule. Routes can be Loaded and Saved to Google Fusion Tables.
Note that this app uses Google Navigation services - therefore driving directions default to Automobile and you cannot specify that the route must avoid low bridges, parkways, tight curves etc. Sorry Big Rig drivers!
NOW SUPPORTS WAZE, NAVIGON, SYGIC, SMARTTRUCKROUTE GPS as well as Google Nav! Just choose your favorite Turn-By-Turn Navigation app in the List View Preferences screen. Please report any problems (or requests for other Nav apps) on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BestRoute
*** Version Difference Summary ***
Free: Contains Advertising. Can Optimize Routes with up to 30 Stops
Pro: No Advertising. Can Optimize Routes with up to 85 Stops
• AA Breakdown and Rescue Tracker
Knowing when your AA Patrol will arrive is one of the most useful things in a breakdown situation. With our Rescue Tracker you can now both report and track a breakdown via the app without the need to call us.
This is only available to our AA Breakdown Members with a 635601 membership number. However, we are working towards including our other customers in the future. To become an AA member, just go to http://www.theaa.com/breakdown-cover/
• AA Roadwatch
See traffic updates across the UK and Ireland from our Roadwatch team. Avoid delays to your journey with live traffic and roadwork information.
• AA Route Planner
The famous AA Route Planner on your mobile! Plot a route anywhere in Great Britain and we’ll tell you the mileage and how long it should take. We can even help you take the scenic route!
• Fuel Prices (exclusive to AA Silver and Gold Members)
Let us help ensure that you never pay more than you need to for your fuel. Simply check the map to find out where the cheapest petrol stations are, and even let us help you plot a route to get there!
Never miss an important date again with our handy reminder service. Just tell the app when you need to renew your tax, insurance or MOT, and when your next service is due, and we’ll remind you via the app with a month to go!
• Parking (exclusive to AA Silver and Gold Members)
Get parking locations at the touch of a button, including information on prices and number of spaces where available. Let us show you the best way to get to your chosen car park, and drop a pin when you get there so you don’t forget where you parked!
• Warning Lights (exclusive to AA Silver and Gold Members)
If a warning light came on in your car would you know what to do? We give you a comprehensive guide to what those lights mean and what action you need to take.
• Member Benefits
Members can save money on a range of different products and services. Check out the map to see what offers are near you.
We love feedback! Let us know what you think by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
* Usability: Very simple and easy to use. Just drag and drop to find the route.
* Driving Route: Shows very accurate driving route between the locations set by you. It helps you to reach the destination in time.
* Travel Modes: Shows the route for driving mode and for walking mode.
* Speed and Distance: It gives very accurate driving speed and distance.
It is very simple to use. Drag and drop the green and red color pins at the starting and end locations. The driving route will be shown on the map. You can reset the pins by pressing 'Clear Maps' button.
Drag this pin at the location you want it to set it as 'start' location
Drag this pin at the location you want it to set it as 'end' location
The driving route:
Once you have drag and dropped the green and red pins, the driving route will be shown on the map after few seconds. The route instructions will be shown in the text format also. You can make it view or hide that instructions view by touching 'View Details' or 'Hide Details'. In that view, the driving route instructions will be shown step by step. By touching that steps individually, that particular part of the route will be highlighted on the map. This will help you reach the target easily.
Touch this buttons to clear the route on the map and reset the pins. Then you can drag and drop those pins to anywhere else and find the route.
You can choose either driving or walking mode for showing route. Once you have dropped the pins, you will be prompted to select either driving or walking mode.
You can make the map centered at current location by touching circle button on the top right of the maps page.
You can see these instructions on the 'instruction' page on our app itself.
Please feel free to share your comments and thoughts about this app with us.
Please visit us at https://www.facebook.com/VirtualMaze
The app can also display numerous points of interest such as train stations, museums, restaurants and bed & bike accommodation on your route. Once the route has been planned, navigation works in offline mode as well - all you need is a GPS signal.
Suggested routes include the long-distance cycle routes in Lower Saxony as well as numerous single-day and multi-day tours, which also feature images and descriptions of the routes.
The functions at a glance:
- A to B route planning
- Offline storage
- Route recommendations
- Attractions, restaurants, accommodation and other points of interest for cyclists
- Sharing of routes and points of interest on social networks
• Smooth, blazingly fast maps. Vector-based, fully scalable and ultra fast.
• Online and offline maps. Enjoy maps with or without internet connection.
• Search with character. A few characters – in any order – and we’ll find your destination.
• Local Search. It’s all about finding accurate and up-to-date destinations.
• Wikipedia on the map. The free encyclopedia.
• Weather on the map. Weather has never been more accessible.
• Doesn’t the world look a whole lot better in 3D? Stunning 3D buildings and photorealistic landmarks make navigation so much better.
• Automotive quality navigation. We deeply care about correct routes, lane information, speed limits and road signs.
• So why would your map always have to look the same? Our map is always just right – bright and clear during the day and incredibly stylish at night.
• Nietzsche was right. All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking.
• There are a 1,000 different ways to get to Rome. We offer you the best alternatives. You choose.
• You can rely on our speed alarms. We automatically warn you when you are speeding.
• Wouldn’t it be nice to know exactly which lane to use? Now you can.
• Road signs in your navigation. Everything that is relevant to you.
• Crystal clear instructions. ‘After 300 yards, turn right onto the A3 towards Basingstoke.’
• Multi-stop routes. Because sometimes going from A to B goes through C.
• FREE 30 days trial. Don’t take our word for it. Check out Navigation in ROUTE 66 Navigate for yourself.
• The future is here. Follow Me puts a virtual car on your camera image, which you just have to follow.
• Because not everyone is the same. Choose your own Follow Me car.
• Super easy to set-up. ROUTE 66 Navigate automatically detects where to put the virtual Follow Me car.
• FREE 30 days trial. Don’t take our word for it. Check out Follow Me in ROUTE 66 Navigate for yourself.
• Speed cameras. Save big on speeding tickets.
• App in the foreground? In the background? We’ll warn you anyway.
• 95% coverage. We’re working on the other 5.
• Timing is everything. Safety and savings, the result.
• FREE 30 days trial. Don’t take our word for it. Check out Speed cameras in ROUTE 66 Navigate for yourself.
• HD Traffic. Reliable and super accurate traffic that simply works.
• Save up to 18.5% of your time. Proven.
• We do the math. You decide what you want to do.
• FREE 30 days trial. Don’t take our word for it. Check out HD Traffic in ROUTE 66 Navigate for yourself.
PANORAMIC CAR KIT
• The Panoramic Car Kit was made for ROUTE 66 Navigate. And vice versa.
• Free shipping. Anywhere in the world.
• Available on store.66.com
For more information, please visit www.66.com.