Plan routes from A to B anywhere in the UK, with a choice of four routing modes to suit a range of cyclists from beginner to regular commuter. The Photomap lets you submit photos of infrastructure problems or good practice around the UK.
PLAN BIKE NAVIGATION FROM A TO B TO C
Select a start and finish point, plus intermediate waypoints, by tapping on the map, by searching for names/places/postcodes, or by using your current location, and tap to obtain the route. Uses the general street network, plus Sustrans and other routes.
CHOICE OF FOUR ROUTING MODES
The app produces routes that will suit most cyclists. It can optionally can find faster or quieter routes for different types of rider. Routes are fetched from the CycleStreets website.
HILLS? NO PROBLEM!
The journey planner knows about hills, and finds routes that take advantage of the descents and avoids the ascents where possible. It balances these against the available road types. The route can be displayed on a map with contours using the OpenCycleMap option.
As well as the main map view, planned routes are loaded into an itinerary view, so you can follow each part of the journey. The street name, time and length are all shown, as is a detailed map for each individual stage of the journey. Routes are saved so you can also follow them again later.
The Photomap is a cycling advocacy tool used by campaign groups around the country. Use it to browse examples of problems or good practice, and add your own pictures. Need more cycle parking in your favourite spot in town? Sign in with a free account and add a photo of it to the Photomap.
Routing makes use of OpenStreetMap data, the brilliant 'geo-wiki' to which you can contribute. Note that, at present, some areas of the country have better coverage than others. Streets and paths of all kinds, including Sustrans routes and Local Authority network, are included. Routing quality is being developed all the time, with new types of cycling and street data being added and interpreted by the route planner.
Android App written by our great volunteers: Jez Higgins, with contributions from Theodore Hong, Christopher Fraser, Jonathan Gray, Shaun McDonald, Simon Nuttall.
Part of the development of this App has been funded by Cycling Scotland.
Enjoy the various features of this application free of charge:
- Display interactive MAPS with geolocation, address search, maps, road or satellite maps
- ROUTE calculation (car, motorcycle, bicycle or pedestrian) with numerous OPTIONS:
* display of multiple route options with travel time, distance and travel cost
* Display your route in map or roadmap mode
- GPS link: Activate GPS from your search and switch to the MICHELIN Navigation app: GPS, road warnings and real-time traffic.
- Numerous SERVICES enabling you to display:
* car parks, service stations AND TRAFFIC in real time,
* RESTAURANTS, HOTELS, MICHELIN TOURIST SITES
Travel with peace of mind thanks to the ViaMichelin application!
N.B: You will be asked to grant access to your contacts in order to enable you to direct input data fields with the address of a contact.
MICHELIN Mobility Apps
Take the smart road with the MICHELIN App Collection
Discover a package of free interconnected applications that enable you to better monitor and manage your journeys:
- Maintain your tyres and your vehicle:
o MICHELIN MyCar (tips on checking and maintening your vehicule)
- Drive more safely:
o MICHELIN Navigation (guidance and traffic information in real-time)
o ViaMichelin (mapping and route planning)
- Make the most of your mobility :
o MICHELIN Hotels (real-time booking)
o MICHELIN Restaurants (restaurant search and booking)
o MICHELIN Travel (the wealth of tourist information from the Green Guide)
Do you have any ideas for improving our application? Leave a comment on the store or contact us by email (email@example.com).
We built an app to match the efficiency reputation.
• Maximum battery duration. Enjoy long rides knowing that battery power will last. Our app is carefully designed and optimized having day-long tour rides in mind.
• No Internet connection needed¹. Usually, around 30% of battery power is spent just for transmitting GPS data to the Internet during a ride. Our app does not send tracked data over the Internet, leveraging both privacy and battery duration at the same time.
• FenceGuard technology. Our novel technology lets you easily camouflage the exact location of your home, workplace, or other important places of your choice from the GPS track files.
• Maximum privacy. Tracked data is only stored to your own device storage, not sent over the Internet. Tracking can even be disabled entirely, without affecting meter readings like distance, duration or altitude.
¹ Except for the maps, if you use the feature.
• Record your rides. Track your rides to a standard GPX files. Share the track files with anyone without disclosing the exact location of your home, workplace, or similar. Our app will camouflage these locations, without losing a single bit of track information.
• Profiles. Easily maintain ride style and statistic for multiple bikes, vehicles, or sports. Record multiple interleaving activities into separate tracks. Simply switch the profile and continue recording where you left off.
• Maps. Animated map from Google with terrain, satellite or standard layer w/ traffic, auto-rotate and follow modes, 3D view…
• Speedometer. Beautiful graphical/digital speedo shows your instant, average and maximum speeds at all times.
• GPS Cockpit. Shows Distance, Duration, Altitude, Ascent, Descent, Climb Power¹, Pace, Temperature², Odometer, Wriggle percent³, and Clock!
• HUD mode. Put Urban behind the windshield of your car and view readings in reflection!
• Tally sounds. Hear a sound when you reach a milestone, for example every mile, every 30 min, or similar.
• Bicycle bell. Ringer, horn, clapper, or a cartoon voice. Bell is sounded by tapping the screen or shaking/knocking the device (eg. whilst in a pocket).
• Automatic bell ring. Will ring a bell when braking is detected.
• Moving (roar) sounds. Moving sounds that adjusts to your speed. Great for silent bikes that startle pedestrians.
• Flashlight. Use camera flash as a bike light. Steady, Strobo, Blinking — Make yourself noticeable in low visibility conditions.
• Passive GPS mode. Switch to passive mode if using another GPS app at the same time (like My Tracks, Maps, Strava, Endomondo, Runtastic, GPS Test, etc). This way Urban won't use any extra battery power.
• Keep screen on / Keep above lockscreen. No need to unlock the device to access the app.
• Simple to use and clean interface. Easily operated during the rough times action.
• Widgets (Desktop & Lock Screen).
• Portrait / Landscape screen modes.
¹ Watts, or Watts per kg/lb. No external sensors like ANT+ or similar are needed.
² Ambient temperature sensor is only available on some devices.
³ Tells you how curvy was the route, but also a route's fractal dimension.
App is very useful for commute, tours, mountain bike, downhill, road, running, jogging, walking, duathlon, triathlon, driving, …
Perfect for use on a handlebar mount, in an armband, on a dashboard, in a pocket, or in a bag.
The app provides door-to-door route plans with options that will suit all levels of cycling capability.
· Route options
o Easier Routes – Avoid heavy traffic
o Balanced Routes – Expect some traffic
o Direct Routes – possible heavy traffic
· Save routes for offline use
· Avoid difficult junction manoeuvres
· Avoid Hills
· Navigation / audible warnings when off route
· Take bike on Train
· Use Dublin Bikes Hire Bikes
· Calorie counter / chocolate bar index
· Themed Routes
· Elevation information
The app is being continually developed and expanded, routing data is being updated and improved.
Have we missed a good cycle route?, please let us know by pressing the feedback button.
Naviki offers Europe-wide best route planning for bicycles and an impressive documentation of your cycling activities. Optionally for everyday, leisure, mountain bike and racing bike Naviki provides ideal connections between any start and destination addresses, it immediately shows your routes on a map and navigates to your target by spoken navigation instructions and arrows on the display. Naviki easily records your own ways and synchronises them with www.naviki.org. The result is an impressive personal collection of ways! Simple and practical: Plan routes on www.naviki.org and transmit them to the App with just one click.
Naviki’s most important functions at a glance:
Simply enter your start and destination, immediately get your customised route with the most important additional information.
Spoken instructions and pleasantly large navigation arrows on your display. By means of spoken instructions, the phone can remain in your pocket which is energy-saving. Spontaneous deviation from a planned route is no problem - Naviki automatically calculates a new route to your destination.
Gives you the cycle tracks for your daily activities. Prefers minor roads, bicycle lanes, rather short and straight routes as well as easy accessible and solid surfaces.
Your cycle routes for tourism and leisure activities. Prefers officially signposted cycle tracks, easy accessible and solid surfaces, minor roads and a nice natural environment.
MOUNTAIN BIKE ROUTING
Your routes for great MTB experiences! Prefers unsealed surfaces, single trails, distinguished and signposted MTB routes as well as forest and country tracks.
RACING BIKE ROUTING
Racing bike routes for fascinating fast trips! Prefers sealed and smooth surfaces, tracks allowing high-speed cycling, minor roads, a scenic environment.
"SHORTER ROUTE" ROUTING
Particularly attractive to reach a destination quickly and directly.
Download high quality Naviki maps on your smartphone and then use them independent of internet access.
For all routes Naviki provides a height profile, the highest and lowest points and the total altitude to be cycled upwards.
Speed, average speed and distance traveled are always in view. During navigation and recording the speedometer is automatically displayed.
RECORDING YOUR OWN PATHS
Just one tap and Naviki records the path you cycle and stores it in your personal Naviki cloud. Easily create an impressive statistic on www.naviki.org! You can always add an individual description to each path.
Plan comfortably on the web and then immediately use your routes via App: transmit your routes from www.naviki.org to your Naviki App by just one click.
LISTS FOR MEMORISED AND RECORDED PATHS
Clearly arranged lists show your recorded paths and the routes you calculated via web or Naviki App. Thus you have always access to your personally most important bicycle routes.
Extras: Turn-by-turn navigation and leisure routing as an in-app purchase are € 3.79 each. Mountain bike routing and racing bike routing are € 4.79 each. Offline Maps starting from € 4,79.
AllTrails is THE app for finding trails nearest you.
Going on a trip to a national park? Looking for a place near home to hike, bike, or run? Searching for something new to do on the weekends?
Even in a big city you might be surprised by how much nature surrounds you, and never has it been easier to discover!
Browse through 50,000 trail guides (United States & Canada) for outdoor activities including everything from hiking and mountain biking to fly-fishing and snowshoeing.
• Browse or search for trails closest to you
• Read and write trail reviews
• View topo maps and routes* for trails
• Share trails with friends
• Access your trails without internet (save a trail to download its maps & photos for offline use)
• Sync activity with your AllTrails.com account
• Works with Samsung Gear Fit
Go out and rediscover the outdoors!
* Routes currently available for ~5,000 of our more popular trails.
* Samsung Gear Fit: samsung_cup_enabled
How is it different from other similar apps?
I love travelling and exploring new places. One of the biggest problems for me was to find an optimized route to travel to all my planned destinations in a trip. However, there was no a route planing app that satisfied all my requirements. The major issues I had with other apps were: they were not truly free, too complex to use (too many overkill features for me), and required access to my contact book.
So, as an engineer, I decided to build something that my friends and I would like to use for our next trips. With that in mind, my route planner:
1) is completely Free and AD-Free (I don't plan to make even one penny from it);
2) has a clean minimalist design. Simple and very intuitive to use;
3) does NOT require any extra permissions such as accessing your contact book or GPS.
How is it different from Google maps?
Google maps returns directions based on the order you enter your stops. However, this may not be the fastest route for visiting your destinations (assuming order does not matter). This app will return the optimal order to you and ensure it is the fastest route.
How does it work?
Optimal route calculation is done based on data from the Google directions service. The end result will be displayed on a Google map with the direction details. Internet connection is required while doing the math. After calculation, the optimal route will be saved locally and can be accessed offline later. There are three travel modes: driving, walking, and bicycling.
Note for users:
The auto-complete feature is provided by Google Maps API. If it does not work properly, there are three possibilities: 1.The Internet connection is currently not good; 2.The Google Maps API service is currently not working properly; 3.The Google Maps API service (not the actual Google Maps app) has some compatibility issues with your device...For any of the above causes, I can't do anything about it, sorry :(
This app is completely free (no even ads). I would really appreciate if you may take this into account when rating the app :-) The app only uses the free version of the Google Maps API. If you are looking for an app that could handle some serious workload (e.g., 150 stop points in one route), I would suggest you to checkout those commercial (paid) route planners.
Note for computer science graduates:
As we all know, the travelling salesman problem (TSP) is NP-hard. This app uses two methods to calculate the optimal route: 1) a brute force approach when the number of destinations is small, and 2) a set of approximation algorithms when the number is large.
Some of the main features:
• Works online (fast) or offline (no roaming charges when you are abroad)
• Turn-by-turn voice guidance (recorded and synthesized voices)
• Optional lane guidance, street name display, and estimated time of arrival
• Supports intermediate points on your itinerary
• Automatic re-routing whenever you deviate from the route
• Search for places by address, by type (e.g.: restaurant, hotel, gas station, museum), or by geographical coordinates
• Display your position and orientation on the map
• Optionally align the map according to compass or your direction of motion
• Save your most important places as Favorites
• Display POIs (point of interests) around you
• Can display specialized online tile maps
• Can display satellite view (from Bing)
• Can display different overlays like touring/navigation GPX tracks and additional maps with customizable transparency
• Optionally display place names in English, local, or phonetic spelling
Use OpenStreetMap and Wikipedia Data
• High quality information from the best collaborative projects of the world
• Global maps from OpenStreetMap, available per country or region
• Wikipedia POIs, great for sightseeing (not available in free version)
• Free download, directly from the app (download limit 10 map files in free version)
• Always up-to-date maps (updated at least once a month)
• Compact offline vector maps
• Select between complete map data and just road network (Example: All of Japan is 700 MB, or 200 MB for the road network only)
• Also supports online or cached tile maps
• Optional automated day/night view switching
• Optional speed limit display, with reminder if you exceed it
• Optional speed-dependent map zooming
• Share your location so that your friends can find you
Bicycle and Pedestrian Features
• The maps include foot, hiking, and bike paths, great for outdoor activities
• Special routing and display modes for bike and pedestrian
• Optional public transport stops (bus, tram, train) including line names
• Optional trip recording to local GPX file or online service
• Optional speed and altitude display
• Display of contour lines and hill-shading (via additional plugin)
Directly Contribute to OpenStreetMap
• Report map bugs
• Upload GPX tracks to OSM directly from the app
• Add POIs and directly upload them to OSM (or later if offline)
• Optional trip recording also in background mode (while device is in sleep mode)
OsmAnd is open source and actively being developed. Everyone can contribute to the application by reporting bugs, improving translations, or coding new features. The project is in a lively state of continuous improvement by all these forms of developer and user interaction. The project progress also relies on financial contributions to fund the development, coding, and testing of new functionalities. By buying OsmAnd+ you help the application to be even more awesome! It is also possible to fund specific new features, or to make a general donation on osmand.net.
Very approximate map coverage and quality:
• Western Europe: ****
• Eastern Europe: ***
• Russia: ***
• North America: ***
• South America: **
• Asia: **
• Japan & Korea: ***
• Middle East: **
• Africa: **
• Antarctica: *
Most countries around the globe available as map downloads!
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, here are just few more examples: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Mexico, Spain, UK, USA.
★ Download the app and share the news with friends ★
*** FEATURED IN GOOGLE PLAY BEST APPS OF 2014 ***
Get instant access to detailed maps of all countries from anywhere in the world! No internet connection is required.
↪︎ ROUTING IS OUT ↩︎
Get driving directions from your current location to any spot on a single map.
➣ Over 14M downloads worldwide.
➣ 140 TB of internet data saved by users in 2014.
➣ TOP 1 mobile travel app in more than 100 countries.
➣ Featured in Forbes, TechCrunch and Washington Post.
Optimised for your phone and tablet (even without 3G).
➣ ROUTING. Receive map directions to a specific location. Never get lost again with GPS navigation.
➣ WORKS EVERYWHERE. Download any map for free. Useful at home and essential for travel with 345 countries and islands covered. Paris, France? Check. Amsterdam, Netherlands? Check. Barcelona, Spain? Check. New York, USA? Check! Rome, Italy? Check. London, UK? Check. Pare-Pare? Yeah, that’s Indonesia. Check!
➣ HIGHLY DETAILED. Offline maps just got better! There’s millions of points-of-interest (POI) to discover: search for restaurants, tourist attractions and destinations, gas/petrol stations, ATM machines, metro/ subway stations and more. Up-to-date map data is added daily by map users worldwide – www.openstreetmap.org – open-source alternative to Google Maps/GMaps and MapQuest.
➣ NO INTERNET NEEDED. Maps work when no internet connection is available. Forget about roaming charges when travelling abroad.
➣ INCREDIBLY FAST. One of the fastest offline maps ever. Displays map when others don’t. Innovative map data compression makes MAPS.ME offline maps remarkably small. Save memory on your device.
➣ Bookmarks of places. Create and import/export from other maps for easy access anytime. KML/KMZ files are supported.
➣ Offline search. Locate everything you need on the maps and use it as a travel guide!
➣ Location-sharing. Let your friends and family know where you are! Send a pin of any place on the map via email or SMS.
➣ Auto-follow mode. When enabled, the map automatically orients itself to the direction you are moving.
If you have any questions, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We respond to every enquiry.
The app can also display numerous points of interest such as train stations, museums, restaurants and bed & bike accommodation on your route. Once the route has been planned, navigation works in offline mode as well - all you need is a GPS signal.
Suggested routes include the long-distance cycle routes in Lower Saxony as well as numerous single-day and multi-day tours, which also feature images and descriptions of the routes.
The functions at a glance:
- A to B route planning
- Offline storage
- Route recommendations
- Attractions, restaurants, accommodation and other points of interest for cyclists
- Sharing of routes and points of interest on social networks
Stay connected with family and friends and interact with GEOS, the 24-hour emergency monitoring center anywhere on Earth. Plus, you’ll receive confirmation when your messages are delivered. You can also post messages to Facebook and Twitter and let others track your breadcrumb trail online.
As an inReach owner, you also have exclusive access to download unlimited detailed topographic maps from DeLorme available through the Earthmate app. The maps are cached on your mobile device, so they are viewable even when out of cellular coverage. The display integrates with your mobile device’s GPS signal to pinpoint your location.
For worry-free navigation, the inReach GPS signal (accurate to +/- 5 meters) is integrated with the map displays. Since navigation doesn’t rely on the mobile device’s native GPS, there is less demand on its battery, which can be especially important in remote areas.
NOTE: An inReach satellite communicator is required to use Earthmate and download maps. Maps should be downloaded via a WiFi connection prior to leaving on a trip. DeLorme’s global topographic maps include elevation contours, land cover, highways, streets and back roads, lakes and streams, places of interest, and trails.
• Send and receive 160-character, free-form text messages to and from any cell phone number, email address, and other inReach users. No cell coverage required!
• Interactive SOS - Trigger an SOS from anywhere in the world with automatic GPS location tracking. Interact with our 24-hour emergency monitoring center via two-way text messaging to describe the nature of your emergency and stay in touch throughout the rescue process.
• Message delivery confirmation - Audible alerts and on-screen cues confirm communication with the satellite and indicate two-way message delivery.
• Unlimited access to download detailed topographic maps and North American NOAA charts when paired with your mobile device. Unlike streaming maps on most cell phone apps, downloaded DeLorme maps remain cached in the Earthmate app even when you’re outside cellular coverage.
• Follow-me/find-me tracking - Turn on and turn off tracking to share your GPS coordinates, course, speed and elevation in real-time with friends and family, tracking intervals can be configured between to minutes and four hours.
• 100% global satellite coverage through the Iridium satellite network with no gaps, fringe or weak signal areas.
For answers to common support questions: http://support.delorme.com/search.php?q=android
To contact support:
* Usability: Very simple and easy to use. Just drag and drop to find the route.
* Driving Route: Shows very accurate driving route between the locations set by you. It helps you to reach the destination in time.
* Travel Modes: Shows the route for driving mode and for walking mode.
* Speed and Distance: It gives very accurate driving speed and distance.
It is very simple to use. Drag and drop the green and red color pins at the starting and end locations. The driving route will be shown on the map. You can reset the pins by pressing 'Clear Maps' button.
Drag this pin at the location you want it to set it as 'start' location
Drag this pin at the location you want it to set it as 'end' location
The driving route:
Once you have drag and dropped the green and red pins, the driving route will be shown on the map after few seconds. The route instructions will be shown in the text format also. You can make it view or hide that instructions view by touching 'View Details' or 'Hide Details'. In that view, the driving route instructions will be shown step by step. By touching that steps individually, that particular part of the route will be highlighted on the map. This will help you reach the target easily.
Touch this buttons to clear the route on the map and reset the pins. Then you can drag and drop those pins to anywhere else and find the route.
You can choose either driving or walking mode for showing route. Once you have dropped the pins, you will be prompted to select either driving or walking mode.
You can make the map centered at current location by touching circle button on the top right of the maps page.
You can see these instructions on the 'instruction' page on our app itself.
Please feel free to share your comments and thoughts about this app with us.
Please visit us at https://www.facebook.com/VirtualMaze
NO IN-APP PURCHASE OR SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED. This Free app optimizes Routes with up to 30 stops.
Stops can be selected from Current Location, Address Book Contacts, Manual Entry, Google Search, Copy/Paste or via 'Share this place' from Google Maps.
At each step of your Trip use Google Navigation (if available in your region) to get directions to your next Stop. Travel and arrival times to each destination are updated to keep you in control of your schedule. Routes can be Loaded and Saved to Google Fusion Tables and can contain up to 50 Stops.
It's Free - Give it a Try!
Problems with Address Recognition? These can usually be easily resolved - email support on email@example.com
NOW SUPPORTS HERE, WAZE, NAVIGON, SYGIC, SMARTTRUCKROUTE GPS as well as Google Nav! Just choose your favorite Turn-By-Turn Navigation app in the List View Preferences screen (choose 'Generic' if your app is not listed). Please report any problems (or requests for other Nav apps) to support at firstname.lastname@example.org
*** Version Difference Summary ***!
Free: No Subscription. Contains Advertising. Can Optimize Routes with up to 30 Stops
Pro: No Subscription. No Advertising. Can Optimize Routes with up to 85 Stops