PLAN BIKE NAVIGATION FROM A TO B TO C
Select a start and finish point, plus intermediate waypoints, by tapping on the map, by searching for names/places/postcodes, or by using your current location, and tap to obtain the route. Uses the general street network, plus Sustrans and other routes.
CHOICE OF FOUR ROUTING MODES
The app produces routes that will suit most cyclists. It can optionally can find faster or quieter routes for different types of rider. Routes are fetched from the CycleStreets website.
HILLS? NO PROBLEM!
The journey planner knows about hills, and finds routes that take advantage of the descents and avoids the ascents where possible. It balances these against the available road types. The route can be displayed on a map with contours using the OpenCycleMap option.
As well as the main map view, planned routes are loaded into an itinerary view, so you can follow each part of the journey. The street name, time and length are all shown, as is a detailed map for each individual stage of the journey. Routes are saved so you can also follow them again later.
The Photomap is a cycling advocacy tool used by campaign groups around the country. Use it to browse examples of problems or good practice, and add your own pictures. Need more cycle parking in your favourite spot in town? Sign in with a free account and add a photo of it to the Photomap.
Routing makes use of OpenStreetMap data, the brilliant 'geo-wiki' to which you can contribute. Note that, at present, some areas of the country have better coverage than others. Streets and paths of all kinds, including Sustrans routes and Local Authority network, are included. Routing quality is being developed all the time, with new types of cycling and street data being added and interpreted by the route planner.
Android App written by our great volunteers: Jez Higgins, with contributions from Theodore Hong, Christopher Fraser, Jonathan Gray, Shaun McDonald, Simon Nuttall.
Part of the development of this App has been funded by Cycling Scotland.
For improved mobility, take advantage of the different services offered by this application for smartphones and tablets:
- Locate your current position through geolocation and display interactive maps. Different plans and maps available : Michelin maps, lite maps and aerial maps.
- Quickly and accurately calculate routes in car, motorcycle, cycle or pedestrian mode from your current location, a specific address or a contact address and optimise your travel with :
• Display of multiple route options including journey times without traffic, estimated journey times based on current traffic levels, the distance for each route and the estimated distance and cost for each route (toll fees, vignette fees and fuel prices that can be personalised according to petrol prices and vehicle type).
• Display your route in either map or road map mode and feature all the key stages of your journey.
- Find an address
In addition, numerous options enabling you to display:
- Car parks, petrol stations AND real-time traffic
- Hotels and restaurants from the MICHELIN guides and tourist information from the MICHELIN Green Guides, as well as the ability to calculate your route with a single click !
- Whether it’s a business trip or holidays and travel, use the ViaMichelin application to travel with peace of mind. Day after day, we look for ways in which to improve mobility in order to bring you greater efficiency and fun. We work on your behalf with passion and enthusiasm.
ViaMichelin offers maps for across the world including Europe and, of course, the United Kingdom, with maps and plans for towns and cities: London map, Birmingham map, Manchester map, but also Liverpool, Bristol… Road and motorway traffic is also available for Europe and the UK (London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Bristol traffic…)
NB : You will need to authorise access to your contacts in order to directly complete data fields with contact addresses.
MICHELIN Mobility Apps
Drive smartly with the MICHELIN application range
Discover a package of free, interconnected applications that enable you to better monitor and manage your trips
-Maintain your tyres and vehicle:
o MICHELIN MyCar: advice on checking and maintaining your vehicle
o MICHELIN Navigation: GPS, community road alerts and real-time traffic information
o ViaMichelin: mapping and route calculation
-Enjoy your travels:
o MICHELIN Hotels: real-time booking
o MICHELIN Restaurants: restaurant search and booking
o MICHELIN Travel: a wealth of information from the Green Guide
Any ideas for improving your application? Share your ideas by leaving a comment on the store or by contacting us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you for your feedback which enables us to continually improve our travel products and services.
We built an app to match the reputation.
★ Maximum battery duration – enjoy day-long tour rides knowing that battery power will last.
★ No Internet connection needed – will not send tracked data over the Internet, leveraging both privacy and battery duration at the same time.
★ Record your rides – activities are saved to standard GPX track files.
★ FenceGuard technology – easily hide the location of your home, workplace, or other private places from the track files.
★ Maximum privacy – track data is stored only on the device, not sent over the Internet; you can also disable tracking entirely.
★ Profiles – switch the profile when you switch the bike, maintain settings and statistic for all your vehicles or sports.
★ Maps – offline or online, Google map with terrain, satellite, traffic, auto-rotate and follow, 3D view…
★ Speedometer – beautiful graphical/digital speedo shows your instant, average and maximum speeds at all times.
★ GPS Cockpit – shows distance, duration, altitude, ascent, descent, energy, power¹, climb power¹, acceleration, pace, temperature², odometer, clock…
★ Bicycle bell – sounded automatically on braking, or manually by tapping/shaking/knocking the device.
★ Moving sounds – great for silent bikes that startle pedestrians.
★ Flashlight – make yourself noticeable in low visibility conditions.
★ HUD mode – put the device behind the windshield of your car and view readings in reflection!
★ Tally sounds – hear a sound when a milestone is reached, for example every 5 miles or every 30 minutes.
★ Relaunch after forceful reboot – app is there for you even when unexpected things happen.
★ Own GPS algorithms – does not depend on Google Play Services.
★ Passive GPS mode – can be used alonside another GPS app (like My Tracks, Strava, Endomondo, etc), without consuming extra battery power.
★ Keep screen on / Keep above lockscreen – access the app without unlocking the device.
★ Simple to use and clean interface – easy to operate with sweaty fingers or gloves.
★ Widgets (Desktop & Lock Screen)
★ Portrait / Landscape screen modes
¹ Watts, or Watts per kg/lb. No external sensors like ANT+ or similar are needed.
² Ambient temperature sensor is only available on some devices.
App is very useful for commute, tour, mountain bike, downhill, road, running, walking, triathlon, car driving, …
Great as Google's My Tracks replacement.
Perfect for use on a handlebar mount, in an armband, on a dashboard, in a pocket, or in a bag.
PRO key: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sublimis.urbanbiker.key
How is it different from other similar apps?
I love travelling and exploring new places. One of the biggest problems for me was to find an optimized route to travel to all my planned destinations in a trip. However, there was no a route planing app that satisfied all my requirements. The major issues I had with other apps were: they were not truly free, too complex to use (too many overkill features for me), and required access to my contact book.
So, as an engineer, I decided to build something that my friends and I would like to use for our next trips. With that in mind, my route planner:
1) is completely Free and AD-Free (I don't plan to make even one penny from it);
2) has a clean minimalist design. Simple and very intuitive to use;
3) does NOT require any extra permissions such as accessing your contact book or GPS.
How is it different from Google maps?
Google maps returns directions based on the order you enter your stops. However, this may not be the fastest route for visiting your destinations (assuming order does not matter). This app will return the optimal order to you and ensure it is the fastest route.
How does it work?
Optimal route calculation is done based on data from the Google directions service. The end result will be displayed on a Google map with the direction details. Internet connection is required while doing the math. After calculation, the optimal route will be saved locally and can be accessed offline later. There are three travel modes: driving, walking, and bicycling.
Note for users:
The auto-complete feature is provided by Google Maps API. If it does not work properly, there are three possibilities: 1.The Internet connection is currently not good; 2.The Google Maps API service is currently not working properly; 3.The Google Maps API service (not the actual Google Maps app) has some compatibility issues with your device...For any of the above causes, I can't do anything about it, sorry :(
This app is completely free (no even ads). I would really appreciate if you may take this into account when rating the app :-) The app only uses the free version of the Google Maps API. If you are looking for an app that could handle some serious workload (e.g., 150 stop points in one route), I would suggest you to checkout those commercial (paid) route planners.
Note for computer science graduates:
As we all know, the travelling salesman problem (TSP) is NP-hard. This app uses two methods to calculate the optimal route: 1) a brute force approach when the number of destinations is small, and 2) a set of approximation algorithms when the number is large.
Naviki offers Europe-wide best route planning for bicycles and an impressive documentation of your cycling activities. Optionally for everyday, leisure, mountain bike and racing bike Naviki provides ideal connections between any start and destination addresses, it immediately shows your routes on a map and navigates to your target by spoken navigation instructions and arrows on the display. Naviki easily records your own ways and synchronises them with www.naviki.org. The result is an impressive personal collection of ways! Simple and practical: Plan routes on www.naviki.org and transmit them to the App with just one click.
Naviki’s most important functions at a glance:
Simply enter your start and destination, immediately get your customised route with the most important additional information.
Spoken instructions and pleasantly large navigation arrows on your display. By means of spoken instructions, the phone can remain in your pocket which is energy-saving. Spontaneous deviation from a planned route is no problem - Naviki automatically calculates a new route to your destination.
Gives you the cycle tracks for your daily activities. Prefers minor roads, bicycle lanes, rather short and straight routes as well as easy accessible and solid surfaces.
Your cycle routes for tourism and leisure activities. Prefers officially signposted cycle tracks, easy accessible and solid surfaces, minor roads and a nice natural environment.
MOUNTAIN BIKE ROUTING
Your routes for great MTB experiences! Prefers unsealed surfaces, single trails, distinguished and signposted MTB routes as well as forest and country tracks.
RACING BIKE ROUTING
Racing bike routes for fascinating fast trips! Prefers sealed and smooth surfaces, tracks allowing high-speed cycling, minor roads, a scenic environment.
"SHORTER ROUTE" ROUTING
Particularly attractive to reach a destination quickly and directly.
Download high quality Naviki maps on your smartphone and then use them independent of internet access.
For all routes Naviki provides a height profile, the highest and lowest points and the total altitude to be cycled upwards.
Speed, average speed and distance traveled are always in view. During navigation and recording the speedometer is automatically displayed.
RECORDING YOUR OWN PATHS
Just one tap and Naviki records the path you cycle and stores it in your personal Naviki cloud. Easily create an impressive statistic on www.naviki.org! You can always add an individual description to each path.
Plan comfortably on the web and then immediately use your routes via App: transmit your routes from www.naviki.org to your Naviki App by just one click.
LISTS FOR MEMORISED AND RECORDED PATHS
Clearly arranged lists show your recorded paths and the routes you calculated via web or Naviki App. Thus you have always access to your personally most important bicycle routes.
Extras: Turn-by-turn navigation and leisure routing as an in-app purchase are € 3.79 each. Mountain bike routing and racing bike routing are € 4.79 each. Offline Maps starting from € 4,79.
Podstawowe cechy aplikacji:
- wyszukiwanie atrakcji w Twoim pobliżu,
- pokazywanie odległości i kierunku od Ciebie,
- możliwość oznaczania atrakcji jako odwiedzone lub do odwiedzenia,
- ostatnio przeglądane atrakcje,
- atrakcje w pobliżu innej atrakcji wraz z odległością i kierunkiem,
- lista atrakcji na mapie,
- filtrowanie wyników,
- szlaki turystyczne,
- baza noclegowa,
- filmy z niektórych miast,
- możliwość założenia konta,
- wybór stylu aplikacji
Wszystko to w powiązaniu z portalem http://www.polskieszlaki.pl
Aplikacja wymaga połączenia z Internetem.
↪︎ ROUTING IS OUT ↩︎
Get driving directions from your current location to any spot on a single map.
➣ Over 15M downloads worldwide.
➣ TOP 1 mobile travel app in more than 100 countries.
➣ Featured in Forbes, TechCrunch and Washington Post.
Optimised for your phone and tablet (even without 3G).
➣ ROUTING. Receive map directions to a specific location. Never get lost again with GPS navigation.
➣ WORKS EVERYWHERE. Download any map for free. Useful at home and essential for travel with 345 countries and islands covered. Paris, France? Check. Amsterdam, Netherlands? Check. Barcelona, Spain? Check. New York, USA? Check! Rome, Italy? Check. London, UK? Check. Pare-Pare? Yeah, that’s Indonesia. Check!
➣ HIGHLY DETAILED. Offline maps just got better! There’s millions of points-of-interest (POI) to discover: search for restaurants, tourist attractions and destinations, gas/petrol stations, ATM machines, metro/ subway stations and more. Up-to-date map data is added daily by map users worldwide – www.openstreetmap.org – open-source alternative to Google Maps/GMaps and MapQuest.
➣ NO INTERNET NEEDED. Maps work when no internet connection is available. Forget about roaming charges when travelling abroad.
➣ INCREDIBLY FAST. One of the fastest offline maps ever. Displays map when others don’t. Innovative map data compression makes MAPS.ME offline maps remarkably small. Save memory on your device.
➣ Bookmarks of places. Create and import/export from other maps for easy access anytime. KML/KMZ files are supported.
➣ Offline search. Locate everything you need on the maps and use it as a travel guide!
➣ Location-sharing. Let your friends and family know where you are! Send a pin of any place on the map via email or SMS.
➣ Auto-follow mode. When enabled, the map automatically orients itself to the direction you are moving.
If you have any questions, contact us at: email@example.com. We respond to every enquiry.
AllTrails is THE app for exploring the outdoors.
Going on a trip to a national park? Looking for a place near home to hike, bike, or run? Searching for something new to do on the weekends?
Even in a big city you might be surprised by how much nature surrounds you, and never has it been easier to discover and share!
Browse through guides for 50,000 trails across North America complete with photos, reviews, and tracks for outdoor activities including everything from hiking and mountain biking to fly-fishing and snowshoeing.
• Browse or search for trails closest to you
• See community photos, reviews, and tracks
• View topographic maps and routes for trails
RECORD & SHARE
• Track your activities with your phone's GPS
• Add geo-tagged photos to your recorded tracks
• Easily share your adventures with friends
• Add new trails not already in our database
• Read and write trail reviews
• Share your photos with others
• Syncs with your AllTrails.com account
• Access our entire trail database without Internet
• National Geographic TOPO! maps (US only)
• 250+ Trails Illustrated maps (US only)
• Save map areas to your phone for offline use
• Create trip plans & routes with Map Editor
• Print maps on-demand before hitting the trail
Access more AllTrails Pro features on our website: http://alltrails.com/pro
Go out and rediscover the outdoors!
The app provides door-to-door route plans with options that will suit all levels of cycling capability.
· Route options
o Easier Routes – Avoid heavy traffic
o Balanced Routes – Expect some traffic
o Direct Routes – possible heavy traffic
o Save routes for offline use
o Avoid difficult junction manoeuvres
o Avoid Hills
o Navigation / audible warnings when off route
o Take bike on Train
o Use City Bike Hire Bikes
o Calorie counter / chocolate bar index
o Themed Routes
o Elevation information
The app is being continually developed and expanded, routing data is being updated and improved.
Have we missed a good cycle route?, please let us know by pressing the feedback button.
Optimize up to 85 Stops with NO SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED.
We recommend that you try the fully functional Free version before you buy this one. The Free version of the app supports up to 30 Stops so it may be all you need.
Stops can be selected from Current Location, Address Book Contacts, Manual Entry, Google Search, Copy/Paste or via 'Share this place' from Google Maps.
After you start a trip travel and arrival times can be updated to keep you in control of your schedule. Routes can be Loaded and Saved to Google Fusion Tables.
Note that this app uses Google Navigation services - therefore driving directions default to Automobile and you cannot specify that the route must avoid low bridges, parkways, tight curves etc. Sorry Big Rig drivers!
NOW SUPPORTS WAZE, NAVIGON, SYGIC, SMARTTRUCKROUTE GPS as well as Google Nav! Just choose your favorite Turn-By-Turn Navigation app in the List View Preferences screen. Please report any problems (or requests for other Nav apps) on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BestRoute
*** Version Difference Summary ***
Free: Contains Advertising. Can Optimize Routes with up to 30 Stops
Pro: No Advertising. Can Optimize Routes with up to 85 Stops
NO IN-APP PURCHASE OR SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED. This Free app optimizes Routes with up to 30 stops.
Stops can be selected from Current Location, Address Book Contacts, Manual Entry, Google Search, Copy/Paste or via 'Share this place' from Google Maps.
At each step of your Trip use Google Navigation (if available in your region) to get directions to your next Stop. Travel and arrival times to each destination are updated to keep you in control of your schedule. Routes can be Loaded and Saved to Google Fusion Tables and can contain up to 50 Stops.
It's Free - Give it a Try!
Problems with Address Recognition? These can usually be easily resolved - email support on firstname.lastname@example.org
NOW SUPPORTS HERE, WAZE, NAVIGON, SYGIC, SMARTTRUCKROUTE GPS as well as Google Nav! Just choose your favorite Turn-By-Turn Navigation app in the List View Preferences screen (choose 'Generic' if your app is not listed). Please report any problems (or requests for other Nav apps) to support at email@example.com
*** Version Difference Summary ***!
Free: No Subscription. Contains Advertising. Can Optimize Routes with up to 30 Stops
Pro: No Subscription. No Advertising. Can Optimize Routes with up to 85 Stops
Zobacz co ciekawego można zwiedzić w okolicy!
Z tą aplikacją na pewno znajdziesz miejsce, którego szukasz!
Wszystkie opisy ciekawych miejsc, zabytków i zdjęcia pochodzą ze społecznościowego serwisu turystycznego www.polskaniezwykla.pl
GLOBAL MAPS INCLUDING ONE ENTIRE COUNTRY FOR OFFLINE USE.
NOW ALSO WITH DYNAMIC TRAFFIC DATA AND TRUE PEDESTRIAN NAVIGATION.
Scout offers the proven quality of the multi-award winning international bestseller GPS Navigation (formerly known as “skobbler”) in a further advanced and significantly enhanced version. It’s the ultimate map & orientation tool for your phone or tablet. And now you can get it for free!
The only truly complete online and offline solution, which does not only make mobile navigation, but also global digital maps (including city maps) easier to use and more adaptable to your needs. No matter where or how you are on-the-go.
This is not some lightweight bait version. On the contrary: Scout is the ultimate all-in-one map and navigation solution. You get FOR FREE, what costs 50 bucks and more elsewhere.
▸ ONLINE AND OFFLINE FUNCTIONALITY
Global online maps and an entire country (incl. its city maps) for offline use included (upgradeable), all core app features available offline
▸ TOP NAVIGATION INCL. PEDESTRIAN AND TRAFFIC (NEW!)
Full-fledged voice-guided turn-by-turn, now with dynamic traffic data (upgradeable), alternative routes, speed limit display, text-to-speech & top-notch pedestrian navigation, etc.
▸ COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL MAP AND INFO
Complete digital map functionality with high-end map engine for seamless display and interaction, Foursquare search and TripAdvisor information for hotels, bars, restaurants, clubs, sights, etc.
▸ OPENSTREETMAP INCL. MAP UPDATES
Global interactive and extremely detailed OSM map with several map updates per year free of charge
▸ EXTREMELY BROAD FUNCTIONALITY
Various search modes, free drive capability for orientation and warnings on each journey, routes for car, bicycle and pedestrian, etc.
All of that and more FREE OF CHARGE.
Get Scout on your device and find out yourself, why the app has been sold millions of times (as “skobbler”) and has been one of the highest-rated map solutions for years.
In the following, you’ll find more detailed information on some of those points:
OFFLINE MAPS BASED ON OPENSTREETMAP
- In addition to the already included free country map, your app can optionally be enhanced with favorably priced map packages for offline usage (at a bargain price).
- Save storage space and install only those maps you currently need. That’s how the app can easily be customized to suit your needs.
- You get continuous map updates. Free of charge, of course.
- More than 1.5 million contributors make the OpenStreetMap one of the most detailed and dynamic digital maps, that is brought closer to perfection every day.
NAVIGATION WITH TRAFFIC INFORMATION AND SPEED CAM WARNING
- Let yourself be navigated to your destination. Precise and clearly understandable voice instruction will show you the way.
- Choose from three alternative routes and go for the best way.
- The already included traffic information feature keeps you updated on the current traffic situation. Avoid being caught up in traffic jams and make a detour round construction sites.
- International INRIX Traffic: This optional upgrade provides you with superior traffic intelligence by international market leader INRIX. It will greatly enhance routing during turn-by-turn navigation and displays additional color-coded information on the current traffic situation.
- Our free speed cam warning feature alerts you when approaching fixed speed cameras while in free drive or navigation mode and prevents you from getting speeding tickets.
Please note that the continuous use of the GPS will cause the battery to discharge more quickly. That’s why we recommend to leave your device connected to the charging cable during the entire trip.
• Smooth, blazingly fast maps. Vector-based, fully scalable and ultra fast.
• Online and offline maps. Enjoy maps with or without internet connection.
• Search with character. A few characters – in any order – and we’ll find your destination.
• Local Search. It’s all about finding accurate and up-to-date destinations.
• Wikipedia on the map. The free encyclopedia.
• Weather on the map. Weather has never been more accessible.
• Doesn’t the world look a whole lot better in 3D? Stunning 3D buildings and photorealistic landmarks make navigation so much better.
• Automotive quality navigation. We deeply care about correct routes, lane information, speed limits and road signs.
• So why would your map always have to look the same? Our map is always just right – bright and clear during the day and incredibly stylish at night.
• Nietzsche was right. All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking.
• There are a 1,000 different ways to get to Rome. We offer you the best alternatives. You choose.
• You can rely on our speed alarms. We automatically warn you when you are speeding.
• Wouldn’t it be nice to know exactly which lane to use? Now you can.
• Road signs in your navigation. Everything that is relevant to you.
• Crystal clear instructions. ‘After 300 yards, turn right onto the A3 towards Basingstoke.’
• Multi-stop routes. Because sometimes going from A to B goes through C.
• FREE 30 days trial. Don’t take our word for it. Check out Navigation in ROUTE 66 Navigate for yourself.
• The future is here. Follow Me puts a virtual car on your camera image, which you just have to follow.
• Because not everyone is the same. Choose your own Follow Me car.
• Super easy to set-up. ROUTE 66 Navigate automatically detects where to put the virtual Follow Me car.
• FREE 30 days trial. Don’t take our word for it. Check out Follow Me in ROUTE 66 Navigate for yourself.
• Speed cameras. Save big on speeding tickets.
• App in the foreground? In the background? We’ll warn you anyway.
• 95% coverage. We’re working on the other 5.
• Timing is everything. Safety and savings, the result.
• FREE 30 days trial. Don’t take our word for it. Check out Speed cameras in ROUTE 66 Navigate for yourself.
• HD Traffic. Reliable and super accurate traffic that simply works.
• Save up to 18.5% of your time. Proven.
• We do the math. You decide what you want to do.
• FREE 30 days trial. Don’t take our word for it. Check out HD Traffic in ROUTE 66 Navigate for yourself.
PANORAMIC CAR KIT
• The Panoramic Car Kit was made for ROUTE 66 Navigate. And vice versa.
• Free shipping. Anywhere in the world.
• Available on store.66.com
For more information, please visit www.66.com.