mVPM makes mineralogy to be easier to examine a thin section and to understand the characteristic properties for each mineral without a petrographic microscope, which is known to be very expensive. It is mainly addressed to students as a guide in individual or supervised laboratory work.
✔ A clean and fast application;
✔ Supports phones and tablets;
✔ Browse rocks which contain a classification for volcanic and plutonic rocks
✔ Interactive QAPF diagrams (volcanic and plutonic rocks)
✔ Diagram for modal classification of gabbroic rocks
✔ Interactive Ultramafic diagrams (Ol-Opx-Cpx & Ol-Px-Hbl)
✔ Interactive TAS diagram
✔ Bowen's reaction series
✔ Glossary with terms used in optical mineralogy
✔ Mineral Classification of over 200 common species
✔ Search or browse for minerals by name or by their properties in thin sections;
✔ IdentifyMin is an algorithm for a fast and accurate identification of minerals in thin sections.
Note: I constantly update this application with new features and photos.
- Easily DETECT the mineral of hand-specimen, from a list of minerals.
- Follow the 'handy' MINERAL CHART (with images) - anytime & grow knowledge.
- There is a DICTIONARY of all important Geology words. Take full advantage of it.
>> So many features are yet to come. Stay updated. <<
>> Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/geologyapp <<
This is freeware - enjoy.
Please email me should you find errors or typos.
iGeology is for anyone who wants to explore the local geology, at street-level scale, virtually anywhere in the UK. Amateur geologists, walkers, gardeners and anyone else with an interest in rocks and landscape.
Find out about the rocks at the surface (superficial deposits) or the bedrock beneath.
Discover boreholes drilled in your area and look at their log records.
Use GPS to zoom to your location.
Search on place names or postcodes.
Show a 3D view of the geological landscape.
The maps use the British Geological Survey’s national scale (1:625 000) and ‘Landranger’ scale (1:50 000) geological datasets of the United Kingdom (UK).
5% of 1:50000 scale data is unavailable for England, Scotland and Wales.
Only 1:625 000 scale data is available for Northern Ireland.
Discover the most interesting geological areas of Catalonia.
Geotops and geozones inventory with augmented reality.
Author: José A. Gil
Data source: Inventari d'espais d'interès geològic (Dep. Medi Ambient. Generalitat de Catalunya).
Each topic is around 600 words and is complete with diagrams, equations and other forms of graphical representations along with simple text explaining the concept in detail.
This USP of this application is "ultra-portability". Students can access the content on-the-go from anywhere they like.
Basically, each topic is like a detailed flash card and will make the lives of students simpler and easier.
Some of topics Covered in this application are:
1. GEOLOGICAL SCIENCE
2. DEVELOPMENT OF ENGINEERING GEOLOGY
3. ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
4. Geological Materials
5. Description of Geological materials
6. Porosity and Permeability
8. ROLE OF ENGINEERING GEOLOGY IN ENGINEERING
9. IMPORTANCE OF PRELIMINARY GEOLOGICAL INVESTIGATIONS
10. BRANCHES OF GEOLOGY
11. INTRODUCTION TO SOILS
12. INTRODUCTION TO ROCKS
13. GEOLOGICAL MASSES
14. Standard Weathering Description Systems
15. Ground Mass Description
16. Rock Mass Classification
17. SCHISTS AND GNEISSES
18. GEOLOGICAL MAPS
19. Understanding Geological Maps
20. Interpretation of Geological Maps
21. DRILLING TOOLS
22. MAPPING AT SMALL SCALE
23. MAPPING AT LARGE SCALE
24. Engineering Geological Maps
25. GIS in Engineering Geology
26. PURPOSE AND PRINCIPAL OF SITE INVESTIGATION
27. DRILLING PROCESS
28. DRILLING AND SAMPLING IN SOIL
29. Boring and Sampling over Water
30. Field Tests and Measurements
31. Strength and Deformation Tests
32. Measurements in Boreholes and Excavations
33. Engineering Geophysics
34. Properties of Minerals
35. ROCK-FORMING MINERALS
36. FELDSPAR - FAMILY
37. Quartz family
38. The Mineral AUGITE
39. Rhyolite Family
40. Fundamentals of process of formation of ore minerals
41. COAL AND PETROLEUM
42. Coal- Its origin and occurrence in India
44. GARNET AND MISCELLANEOUS ROCKS
45. Classification of Rocks
46. Difference Between Igneous, Sedimentary and Metamorphic Rocks
50. Igneous rock types
52. Metamorphic Rocks
55. Larvikite,ijolite and Carbonatite
56. Phonolite, Ultramafic Rocks and Pyroxenite
57. Conglomerate and breccia
58. METAMORPHIC ROCKS
60. Beds in 3D space
61. Strike and Dip
62. Inclined Bedding on Maps
66. Seismic Surveys
67. Electrical Resistivity Surveys
68. Electromagnetic Conductivity Surveys
69. Magnetic Surveys
70. REMOTE SENSING TECHNIQUES
71. Aerial Photographs
72. Satellite Images
73. Design and Construction of Road Tunnels
74. Factors that Influence Tunnel Seismic Performance
75. PREVENTIONS OF DAM CONSTUCTION
76. Sea erosion and coastal Protection
77. Internal Structure of the Earth
78. Building stones occurrences and characteristics
79. Origin of Sedimentary Rock
81. causes of Earthquakes
82. Classification of Earthquake
83. Classification of Seismic Waves
84. Fault Types
85. Seismic Zones of India
86. Construction of Earthquake Resistant Buildings and Infrastructure
Look at the landscape with your phone's camera and see the geological map painted onto the ground - geology in augmented reality.
Turn your phone in any direction to look around.
Walk around the landscape and the view will move with you.
Tap the screen on any point in the landscape to learn about the rocks you can see.
Use iGeology 3D with the iGeology geological map for a 3D view of other places.
The maps use the British Geological Survey’s 1:50,000 scale geological maps of the United Kingdom (UK).
iGeology 3D is intended for non-commercial use e.g. private study, research and educational activities. For commercial use of BGS data email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our latest Geology Term Dictionary...
1. Equipped with quick dynamic search function (Fuzzy Logic) – The dictionary will start searching for the words while you type.
2. Bookmark – you are able to bookmark all your favorite translations for fast reference to your favorites list by clicking on the “star” icon.
3. Managing Bookmark Lists – you are able edit your bookmark lists or clear them.
4. Add New Words/ Terms – you will be able to add in and store any of the new terms in this Dictionary.
5. > 6,800 words – Included all the popular and daily use terms in the dictionary.
6. FREE – It is completely free. Download at no cost. FOC.
7. Work Offline – It work offline, no active internet connection is required. Perfect for your trips or when no data connection is available.
8. Small Size (few MB) – The dictionary will only take a small portion of your Android devices.
9. Android version compatibility – The Apps can work perfectly fine on all Android version either on latest ICS/ KitKat or older version.
10. Simple and easy to use interface. The app come with an user friendly function, allowing you to use with ease.
In addition, all the terms are listed alphabetically with faster search facility, easy to navigate through entire app.
This app will work as a great pocket resource for Geology terms and definitions.
Please rate this application 5 stars if you find this app benefited you.
Julia Dictionary Inc
You select an area and type of geologic map. Then you can learn about the geology around you by clicking on the different areas and the symbols in the map.
Right now you can see bedrock, soils, groundwater and wells / springs in the application.
This free version of Rock Hunt includes:
* The first level of the paid version of Rock Hunt
* 10 scientific experiments in your own "laboratory"
* 5 rocks and minerals to identify
While the full version of Rock Hunt includes:
* 10 different areas (geologic formations!) to explore!
* 10 scientific experiments!
* 50 rocks and minerals!
* 4 unlockable achievements!
Download the full version of Rock Hunt from Google Play today!
⁃Manipulate a 3D exaggerated terrain model of the Earth and control the water level and coloring of land and sea.
⁃Use simple gestures to control zoom, pan, rotation and tilt of your Earth view.
⁃Create stunning images from any angle and zoom.
⁃Tour over 300 different elevation relevant locations, from highest and lowest points to islands, cities and shipwrecks.
⁃Display labels for countries, U.S. states, and Canadian provinces.
⁃Use the exaggeration slider to increase or decrease the difference between the high and low points on the Earth. This exaggeration helps to emphasize the true beauty and extremes of the terrain on a planetary scale. Ability to view elevations inverted with a negative elevation scale.
⁃Select to use fixed or variable (dependent on zoom) exaggeration for a smoother viewing experience.
⁃See for yourself, how the oceans are deeper than the highest mountains are tall.
⁃Use the info window to display the amount of water area and volume on the Earth and watch it change dynamically as you alter the sea level.
⁃Adjust the sea level and amount of water on the Earth, watching it flood or drain areas of the terrain based on its elevation.
⁃North and South Pole axis lines help to keep better track of your orientation.
⁃Choose from a variety of color schemes to provide impressive renderings of any part of the surface of the Earth.
⁃Use the color slider to pick from a huge range of colors for each scheme.
⁃Share your high resolution imagery with friends via email, messaging, Facebook etc.
⁃Discover the highest mountains from the center of the earth as well as those above sea level.
⁃See cities for each continent from the highest to the lowest above sea level
⁃Show how the Earth would look with just the water from the individual oceans. Select individual oceans and distribute their water across the globe and see the theoretical new sea level.
⁃Direct link to Wikipedia information about the current location.
⁃View a number of different global warming scenarios past, present and future, or simply create your own.
⁃Help documentation included in app.
You can browse plants by families, genus, search by common name or scientific name, and state. The detail species page include major characters and distribute map, and linked to USDA web site for detail information.
You can use it in a field trip, write a note about a plant, take a photo using the phone camera, select a photo from the phone. It is all at your finger tip.
You can save the plant locations and later view all of them on a map.
You can also group them, and add various species into different groups for easy access.
Note: Data are from USDA plant database (2006), with 541 families, about 5000 genea, and 50,000 species. If have other data sources, please let me know. We can make it better. I am a plant lover too!
Keyword search with options
Save search query
link to full article if available
Post a comment for an article to public
Write a note to yourself
View public comments for an article
search by PubMed ID, just enter the id in the search box
Pro version has more feature. Please give a try
It is an interactive key to identify a plant to its respective family.
You select characters and enter their values, such as flower color; the app will present you with possible identifications including family details and images.
List of characters
List of families
Touch to select or enter value
Displayed selected character values along with taxa
The dataset for the app is adapted from the Flora of China Project (www.foc.org).
The web version can be found http://www.pathkey.org/key_d.php?datasetId=198
PathKey is an interface for accessing interactive identification keys in DELTA format. Visit www.pathkey.org for more information.
* Simply enter keywords and start the search.
* Automatic loading at the end of scroll.
* Detail view of abstract and other info
* Easy link to EPO web site
Give a try, it is free!
This is a third party application and not related to the official EPO (European Patent Office). The app calls the Open Patent Services (OPS) provided by EPO, and all the data belongs to EPO. Please visit www.epo.org for the terms and conditions of use, license, and other information.
custom event title
Fully sync with Google Calendar
New: fast scroll; search upon typing; add address; remember calendar selection
Fixed for OS2.2
Each friend can be added as a new contact or linked to an existing contact. Once they linked, with single touch, all the pictures can be sync to the phone. You will never miss your friend updated picture.
"Add": add the friend as a new contact. Single touch to add it to the contact book.
"Select": select a contact to link to the friend
"Sync": sync the friend picture to the linked contact. Be aware that the previous icon will be gone.
"Unlink": remove the link to the contact
"Reload Friends": reload all the friends and their pictures
"Sync All Pictures": sync all the linked friends and contacts
To make the contact selection easy
press menu to display all contacts or just the contacts with phone numbers
type a letter in search box to narrow the list.
If you need more time to test, please let us know and we are quite flexible.
You can find the contacts by simply moving the map, typing an zip/address, or using current location.
view contacts in list
make a note,
create an event, call/sms...
Support for big screen
new: group display, custom map marker, display contact name/icon
* Train your phone to say the things you wish you could say
* Tease a friend or quiet a co-worker with your phone
* Don't get in trouble for what you say; blame your phone instead
The app lets you create a list of texts, and with a tap of "Speak" button, the phone will speak out the text.
You can add, edit, and delete text text entry. Each entry could have a note too.
Enter any text, save it, and let the phone do the talk.
add, delete, rename group
add/remove contact for group
default message, subject/content
Groups are synced to Google
Texting might be limited by carrier (Verizon 10 persons at a time). Conference call might be limited too.
How does it work:
The app helps you create a contact file, and email it as attachment.
HTML format with phonebook layout for view/printing in browser. Outlook CSV, VCard, and Google CSV for import. You can email to yourself or someone else.
Zoom the map and press menu "Restaurant" to search in different range. Zoom out to search in a large area if nothing in a small area
New app "Contact Event" to create calendar event