Virtual Identity provides a means for Nigerian citizens issued a National Identification Number to have a virtual, highly secured representation of the physical National ID Card. The application consists of the following components:
- Secure connection and retrieval of citizen data from the National Database.
- The app makes use of ICAO compliant information
- On device Biometric Authentication of citizens to guard against impersonation of others
- Public Key Infrastructure -specific security mechanisms employed for storage of sensitive user data on physical device for biometric authentication and card visualization purposes.
- Advanced face recognition AI
- Intelligent Camera enabled fingerprint scanner