Smaller number means larger resolution.
Please check http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=8184409 before use.
Please send me e-mail if You have any problems.
This is a useful application for developers and the curious alike. This app does nothing more at this point.
[keywords] "screen" "density" "resolution" "screen resolution" "screen density" "specs" "specifications"
* Density of this application after changing some equipment may not be able to see properly. *
You can change the DPI of the application helps you more quickly and easily.
Enter a value in the input box to the desired DPI, then the Apply button or the Apply button to apply and reboot is complete!
In addition, when you click More button, the unit reverted to type after the change DPI mount features discomfort when you can return it back.
Change the resolution DPI resolution PPI Density LCD build
Texdroid DPI allows to easily change DPI settings on rooted devices.
This can cause your device to get in bootloop.
Make a backup before using it.
In case of bootloop please replace /system/build.prop with /data/data/com.texdroider.texdroider_dpi/files/backup/build.prop using adb, or restore a rom backup.
This should solve your issue.
This app is probably only useful for android developers.
The launcher icon shows the screen density of the device, i.e. ld, md, hd, xhd, xxhd or xxxhd.
When the app is started it shows information about the display and display metrics. More specificly, it shows the information from:
Send the information displayed using e.g. email by selecting Share form the action bar or options menu.
NOTE: Sometimes SuperSU/Superuser forgets the app has root (even though it should remember). Just remove it from Recents menu and start it up again.
Resolution Changer is an app that lets you change the resolution of your device.
With the latest update you can now also change resolution whenever a second display is connected through HDMI! Experimental for now, but has been tested and working on some devices.
Ever connect your device to your TV or monitor and get black bars? Not able to get full resolution output to your TV? Well IN COMES Resolution Changer! With this app you can set your own resolution to fit your second display or monitor. It has both 16:10 AND 16:9 aspects!
This works independent of device! Tablet or phone; it doesn't matter.
Do you have an old device that won't play your newest games without significant lag? Again Resolution Changer can help you! Set your resolution lower to be able to play the LATEST and GREATEST games! With Resolution Changer, playing the latest FPS, racer, whathaveyou, will be no problem.
####### THIS APP REQUIRES ROOT AND 4.0+ #######
####### TouchWIZ launcher will behave oddly -- install an alternate launcher BEFORE trying this #######
####### Android versions LOWER than 4.2 may not fill the whole screen. #######
####### HTC devices without physical buttons may lose the use of its buttons (use on-screen nav keys instead) but will return when you reset the resolution back to normal. HTC One cannot install this app #######
HTC One has been excluded due to the digitizer being bigger. Touch-buttons get turned off even when reverting back to default resolution. Also reported on HTC Sensation, but the Sensation is left included because it returns to normal upon changing back to default
Do you need to check your phones LCD screen for dead and stuck pixels. Usefull especially when buying used phones. Install this very small and simple app. This application will cycle colors that will be able to display non-working pixels.
Tap the screen to view next color or to stop color-cycling when it is running.
Stuck pixels are often incorrectly referred to as "dead pixels", which have a similar appearance. In a dead pixel, all three sub-pixels are permanently off, producing a pixel which is permanently white for TN panels and black for other types of panels. - Wikipedia
Disclaimer: This application will not fix dead pixels. Due to different LCD manufacturing techniques and technologies, this application does not guarantee to fix all found LCD problems. The fast color transition effects may potentially trigger seizures to people with photosensitive epilepsy. Viewer discretion is advised.
* Full screen
* Max brightness
* Multi colors and it's Mix
* Tap to change between colors.
No dead pixel found is better.
Identify AMOLED/SLCD panel:
Load a black backround.. and if it's not totaly black and you see a washed out black then you have a SLCD, if it's totaly black then it's a AMOLED.
This app is also available in ROM Toolbox. ROM Toolbox adds a bunch of other features as well. Check it out on the market!
Build properties control how your system runs. You can change your LCD density, decrease your call ring delay, save battery by increasing your wifi scan interval and more.
For common build.prop tweaks slide the screen to the right or click the home icon in the action bar.
To learn more about a build property click on the icon next to the name. If there is no information for the given build property a question mark will be displayed instead of an information symbol.
Remember to keep a backup of your current build.prop. Changing build properties can potentially harm or soft brick your device.
Root and busybox are required for this app to work correctly
Shows the screen configuration for an Android device, including the screen size (small, normal, large, xlarge) and the density classification (ldpi, mdpi, tvdpi, hdpi, xhdpi, xxhdpi). Also shows other screen metrics, as well as the calculated screen size in physical units. Users can email the report or share it to other apps such as Dropbox, etc.
This information is useful for developers producing layouts for their Android applications, or to assist developers in customer support scenarios.
The source code is published under the MIT open-source license and is available at:
screen size, screen density, screen orientation, screen metrics, screen resolution, android system info, android dump, lcd density changer, lcd density modder, android resource viewer, lcd resolution, lcddensity for root, font changer, quick system info pro
Want to know how good your camera has to be for the next generation of wallpapers?
This is your answer! With this app, you'll be able to calculate those features that manufacturers/reviewers leave out.
- Resolution for a given PPI
- Aspect ratio
- Screen dimensions
A particularly useful feature for developers is that it displays the configuration qualifier names that may be used to supply alternate resources such as layouts, drawables or strings.
For both users and developers, it shows you:
- The default display size in pixels (px) and density independent pixels (dip / dp)
- Reported density in dots per inch (DPI)
- For known devices - approximate physical dimensions of the screen in inches and cm.
For developers, it shows you some device details from the Android.os.Build class (MODEL, PRODUCT, BOARD, and DEVICE), and all the current configuration qualifier names in the order that they are used:
- Mobile country code (derived)
- Language (derived)
- Language / region (derived)
- Layout direction (API v17 / 4.2 and above only)
- Screen size
- UI mode
- Night mode
- Screen density
- Touchscreen type
- Keyboard availability
- Primary text input method
- Navigation key availability
- Primary non-touch navigation method
- Platform version
- The sizes are given for the *default display* - which is the area of screen that is usable by apps. On devices where there are soft buttons on the screen (i.e. back, home, and task manager), this will not correspond to the whole display.
- The xdpi, ydpi, and category densities are *as reported by the device*. These can often differ considerably from the true screen density for your device.
- Due to the density issue described above, the screen size (which is calculated from the resolution and density) is only given where the true screen density is known. If your device is missing, please provide the device name and the details shown in the "Device" section: Model, Product, Board, and Device), and I will add it to the database of known devices.
- Where the configuration qualifier name is described as derived (in the app these are shown in brackets), the device is queried for these values. For the others - the values are selected from actual resource folders using those suffixes (e.g. values-ldpi, values-xlarge, etc.).
More from developer
Warning, not for use with JellyBean!
- Fix market compatibility issues (permanently)
- No ads
- Support developer
- Restore from backup, either full build.prop or dpi value only
- Add, remove, import, and export your favorite dpi values
- Pro only settings (hide warnings, etc)
- Faster updates
This program will modify your Android phone/tablet's LCD density in order to show more things on the screen. A lower DPI value means smaller text/icons, and more screen real estate! Gives the effect of having a higher lcd resolution.
☆ This is the only LCD Density app that can fix the "This device is not supported" error message in the Android market when using an unsupported dpi! ☆
Change the density in the following ways:
1. Enter the exact dpi in the textbox
2. Move the slider left and right
3. Click the plus/minus buttons next to the slider
4. Choose from a list of "standard" dpi values
5. Choose from recent/favorite dpi values you have used before (Pro only)
Some devices support the ability to temp change dpi values. This value is temp changed, and the system is fast rebooted. On the next full reboot, the dpi will be reverted back to original. Great for testing out dpi settings before saving it to the system. Note that this feature most likely won't work on phones with Android 4.0 ICS.
LCD Density can be set anywhere from 1-999 through the use of modifying the min and max DPI in the settings.
Warning! Changing DPI values may cause some apps to crash or display incorrectly. Also, if you set a dpi that is incompatible with the device or OS, then it may fail to boot, and you will have to restore your OS and or build.prop file. I recommend doing a full backup of your system before using this program if you are new to changing your dpi. If your phone fails to boot, you can restore the build.prop file using adb from recovery mode. I am not responsible for any damage done to your device. Use at your own risk!
- Fixed download issues for some users
- Modded GSF fix for users of 4.0.3 and above experiencing google services connection issues
- New modded Play Store v3.5.15 available to download and install
- New modded Play Store v3.4.7 available to download and install
- Modded Play Store issues resolved (missing apps, missing updates, loss of compatibility)
- New modded GSF apk available to download
- New modded Play Store v3.4.6 available to download and install
- Improvements to the modded market install process
- Additional fixes for install and restore on a non-deodexed rom
- Temp apply ICS hack (Bootloop proof) (Requires ROM w/ init.d support)