Texas Ornithological Society provides this FREE app to help you find birds around Texas!!
Based on the popular BirdsEye bird finding app, the Texas Ornithological Society App lets you:
• See sightings of all the regularly occurring birds found in Texas.
• Get an instant list of birds reported recently near you, at any of thousands of birding hotspots across the world, or any random point on the map!
• BAR CHARTS showing seasonal abundance for each bird
• See a list of “needs” - species recently reported nearby that aren't on your life or year list
• Automatically sync your life or year lists with eBird for the world, country, or state/department!
• Support for several version of Spanish bird names, scientific names, French and several other language options
IMPORTANT NOTE: It is not a field guide. Sounds are available only for the migrants from North America. Photos and/or text are available for some but by no means all species at this point. If you appreciate the bird-finding features of BirdsEye, please consider contributing photos here: www.birdsinthehand.com/photos
Get a FREE Birds in the Hand account to:
• Back up your life lists
• Sync your life lists with eBird
• See NEEDS lists based on birds not currently on your life list
• Sync your account across devices.
We are committed to supporting the birding community and bird conservation through the eBird project. We think they’re worth it—now and for the future of birds and their habitats.
MORE ON BIRDSEYE:
BirdsEye uses your device's GPS to display all recent sightings near your current spot out to any distance you select from 1 to 50 miles (or km).
Looking for a specific bird? Search for birds by name (or code) to find out where it has been seen recently, and show you the exact location on a map.
BirdsEye Texas Ornithological Society provides essential distribution, behavior and habitat text from Kenn Kaufman to help you find the bird once you get to the right spot. Stunning and detailed photographs from many top birders, bird photographers and guides will help remind you of the field marks you're looking for.
If you use eBird, you can import your eBird year or life lists for the whole world, the ABA area, a country, a single State/Province or even your county! You can also manually enter your life list or edit the list imported from eBird. Your lists are automatically backed up online.