The Fine Chromatic Tuner was adjusted and tested with acoustic guitars, soprano ukulele, tenor uke and electric guitars. I believe that it will work with any mid to mid-high range instrument as it was fine adjusted for the 70 Hz - 500 Hz. So this one is not suitable for bass guitars for example. I will make a different app for the low range instruments soon.
This is automatic chromatic tuner that supports every screen size. Fine Chromatic Tuner works well with devices supporting 44100 16 bit audio input (almost every phone and tablet in mid - high price range) and 22050 16 bit audio input. Tuner still works with the other possible settings but not so accurate.
- Automatic note selection
- Ultra responsive -50 to +50 cent range fine tuning display
- Precise to ±1/100 semitone (±1 cent)
- Analog like needle
- Exact frequency display.
- Clean and simple analog like UI
- Keep screen on while working.
- Works in noisy surroundings
the buggy Android 5.0 is now supported :)
THIS IS VERSION 1.71 (BETA) so if you find any problem please write me an email and I will fix it as soon as possible!
This is a Fine chromatic tuner free app - for no ads version check the PRO chromatic tuner.
DaTuner Pro was reviewed by Android Central:
"For the Android-loving musician, I think DaTuner Pro is easily the best tuner you can have on your device. I used to give that title to *see review!*, but DaTuner has proven to be so powerful, easy to use, and accurate, it'd be foolish to not use it."
DaTuner converts the fundamental frequency to the nearest note and error in cents for quick and easy tuning of your guitar, ukelele, violin, bass, cello, mandolin, piano, harp, saxophone, Ducati timing belt, harmonica, kazoo, you name it.
DaTuner's display is easy to read; nearest note and octave is displayed in a giant, easy to read font in the center of the screen, and frequency in hertz plus error in cents is displayed at the bottom of the screen. Sensitivity is auto-adjusted, but can also be adjusted by touch via a bar on the left-hand side of the screen, and the speed/accuracy of the algorithm and the relative frequency (if other than 440Hz) can be adjusted via the configuration menu.
There is no "dead zone" with this tuner app as is the case with many other apps. Instead, the whole display turns green when the incoming frequency is within a configurable range of the target frequency and you can still see small changes in pitch even within the "in-range" area. Both the "in-tune" range and the colours shown for sharp and flat can be configured in this version.
Screen and filter lock allow you to select the note that you would like to tune to, with filter lock ignoring anything outside of the range of the note you wish to tune, which is useful for tuning in noisy environs.
1.) No dead zone - screen changes to green when tuning is good.
2.) Auto-Sensitivity - no configuration required.
3.) Bright, easy-to-read display.
4.) Quick, accurate and precise. < 0.3 cents @ E3 (329.62Hz), <0.1 cents @ C5(1046.5Hz), < 1 cent @ A2 (110Hz)
5.) Screen lock: Lock to the note you want to tune, even if extremely out of tune and make your way up/down to it.
6.) Filter lock: Lock and filter to a specific note and filter out everything outside that note's range.
8.) Reference frequency adjustment for orchestra tuning.
9.) Choice of colours for sharp/flat
Features in the PRO version [not in this free version]
10.) [PRO] Transposition.
11.) [PRO] Temperaments. You can modify the ones that exist or add your own using a text editor. The temperaments are saved on your external memory under the /DaTuner directory.
12.) [PRO] Notation (ie Solfége, English, English sharp, English flat, Northern European.) Customization of these will be possible in a future upgrade.
13.) [PRO] Emulated strobe tuner display
14.) [PRO] Digital readout of error in cents
15.) [PRO] Pitch pipe (triangle, sine, sawtooth, square)
16.) [PRO] Pitch pipe auto mode (no touch!)
17.) [PRO] Accelerated tuning algorithm.
18.) [PRO] Sample rate range 8kHz - 48kHz.
I have tried my best to eliminate bugs from this software, and I apologize in advance for any problems you might find. Getting feedback via email, negative and positive, is very appreciated, so please email me all of the problems that occur so I can fix them!
Not worth five stars? Please email me and let me know why! I can not improve it if I don't know what to improve! Thanks!
I am overhauling DaTuner, and can use your help to add all of the new features that it will eventually have! Please join me at the new DaTuner Beta Group, right here:
Translators wanted! Contact me if you can help me to translate to your native language! Thank you!
PitchLab PRO now available: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.musician.tuner
Unique features help you work out the chords to new tunes, visualize the pitch and consistency of the human voice, violin or other instrument, or answer the questions "what notes am I humming", "what are those chords", "am I hitting all the notes in tune", "is my vibrato consistent" etc. Select from a list of common instrument tunings or quickly create and manage your own using the built-in tuning editor.
Eight separate visualization modes:
1) Instrument: Combination radial strobe and string/note indicators for easy instrument tuning. Includes a database of common tunings for Guitar, Violin/Fiddle, Mandolin, Ukulele, Banjo, Bouzouki and Pedal Steel, plus a built-in editor for up to 100 user-defined instrument tunings.
2) Dial & Strobe: Combination dial tuner and innovative linear strobe for rapid and extremely accurate hands-free instrument tuning (this linear strobe is a genuine implementation of the strobe-tuner concept, not a decorative imitation).
3) Chromatic Dials: 12-way simultaneous display, with a separate dial tuner for each of the 12 notes in the chromatic scale, to visualize multiple voiced notes or chords.
4) Chromatic Tiles: 12-way simultaneous display of the notes in the chromatic scale, optimized for the visualization of rapid note/pitch changes (e.g. vibrato, arpeggio, portamento, glissando etc).
5) Spectrogram: Scrolling display of live sound analysis, showing the polyphonic perceived pitch of a wide range of sound types (including human voices and singing).
6) Chords: Grid-based estimation display of common chord types (maj/min, maj7/min7, dom7/dim7), ideal for quickly determining the 'strum along' chords for a tune where the chords are reasonably clear.
7) Partials: A multi-way strobe and waveform display, showing individual note partials along with full note timbre for detailed analysis of sound characteristics.
8) BigStrobe: A large, single strobe display, optimized for small screen devices.
These visualization modes are easily accessed by swiping the screen left/right or by pressing & holding the tuner display to get a pop-up view selection menu. User-selectable options are accessed via the MENU button or the pop-up view selection menu and include support for custom temperaments.
Please rate or review, check for updates regularly and email firstname.lastname@example.org to report issues for quick resolution.
Example instrument tunings:
Guitar, Drop D
Guitar, Open D
Guitar, Open G
Guitar, Open A
Bass Guitar, (4 String), Standard
Bass Guitar, (5 String), Low B
Bass Guitar, (5 String), Low E
Bass Guitar, (6 String), Standard
Violin: Standard, Tenor
Fiddle: Standard, Cajun, Open G, Sawmill, Gee-dad, Open D, High bass, Cross tuning, Calico
Mandolin: Standard, Octave
Ukulele: Standard, D6/Soprano, Tenor, Baritone, Bass
Banjo (5 string): Standard/Open G, C tuning, Double C, Sawmill, Open D, Guitar, Willie Moore, Dock Boggs (Low C), Dock Boggs (Low D), Cumberland Gap, G Minor, Open C
Banjo: Plectrum, Tenor Standard, Tenor Irish, Long neck
Bouzouki: 8 string, 6 string
Pedal Steel: Standard/E9th, C6th, A7th, C Diatonic
New chromatic tuner : now you can tune any music instrument (Violin, Ukulele, Banjo) and detect any pitch or note.
Alternate tunings for guitar: E Flat (half step down), First Fret, Open C, Open D, Modal D, Minor Third, Major Third and more.
Alternate tunings for uke: Tenor, Soprano, Baritone
#1 Guitar Tuner - Free and No Ads !
Get your guitar tuned just in a few seconds. Never struggle with your tuner being out of battery!
Pano Tuner listens to the sound you make and shows you the pitch. You can tune your instrument accurately by looking at the offset from the pitch that you want to tune to.
<< Features >>
☆ Quick and sensitive response
Just try this app now and see how quick and sensitive it is to your sound.
★ Wide range of pitch sensor
This app is a chromatic tuner. It follows any pitch your instrument can make. Bring any of your instruments - guitars, upright basses, trumpets and piccolos.
Note: Because of the differences between the microphone specifications among android devices, the sensor range can vary.
- Adjust the concert-A frequency to make your instrument in harmony with your band.
- Change the sensitivity to tune your instrument more accurately.
- Use non-standard tunings to make your own harmony. Pythagorean, Just intonation, 1/4-comma mean tone and more temperaments are ready for you. You can add your own temperaments to make your chords more in consonance. Note: this is the full version feature and you can use after upgrade.
• Play / Stop the metronome with flash / vibration / visual
• Turn on tuner
• Record your play
• Select rhythm pattern
With NO touch, you can:
• Stop the metronome in battery-saving mode (by covering the proximity sensor).
New ideas implemented by a heavy metronome and tuner user.
★ A tuner that listens your sound, and a pitch fork that sounds the exact pitch ★
★ Customizable A4 frequency (440Hz by default) ★
★ A real metronome shouldn't lag beats ★
Soundcorset metronome never lags.
★ Integrated one-touch recorder ★
★ Flash metronome
If you can't hear the sound of the metronome, due to the speaker volume limit, use flash metronome instead. You can easily see the beats. Project the flashlight to the wall, then the entire wall will guide you to get the beats.
★ Large start button
to easily touch with your busy fingers
* Can be used with guitar ukulele mandolin violin cello viola bass drum flute harmonica clarinet trumpet
* Precise BPM control
* Intuitive volume control
* BPM Counter
* Accurate tuner
* Visual metronome using flash light of the camera
* Tuning fork, pitch pipe
* Free guitar tuner
Ultimate Guitar Tuner keeps your instrument in perfect pitch wherever you are. You can use your mobile's built-in microphone, or tune by ear with our unique Brain Tuner.
The Chromatic Tuner features a sleek, accurate display for fast and reliable tuning, and a whole library of alternate tuning settings. The Brain Tuner plays rich string sounds for all our tuning options, so advanced musicians can tune by ear.
Only the Ultimate Guitar Tuner allows you to adjust your microphone sensitivity, and our ultra-high resolution display guarantees pitch perfect tuning.
"Really dig the Tuner, has great accuracy, built in mic picks up my acoustic guitar, even in loud situations, and allows you to see it down to the specific Hz." – Rob Zakaryan, Adelitas Way
Features and improvements:
· Sleek interface
· New and improved pitch detection algorithm
· Alternate tunings
· Adjustable microphone sensitivity
· Mic level display
· Switch between linear and non-linear tuning scales
· Fine-tuning range increased
· Orchestral tuning
You can tune standart 6 or 7 string guitar and Drop D, Drop C guitar , 4 string bass guitar or even Ukulele.
If you want to tune direct string - just
press the number of that string in application, otherwise the tuner
will automatically detect it and show you the tuning level.
Features : Tonetic generator & automatical microphon sensibility alignment
Application was tested on LG optimus
p350 and Samsung Galaxy S2.
!! iPhone Application : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fast-guitar-tuner/id722098191
This is *NOT* the old PitchLab tuner app, it is a ground-up rework of everything that was in the old app, plus improved accuracy, multi-core support for fast, smooth tuning response, increased spectrogram resolution and multi-view tuning. Old tuning views have been merged to improve usability and completely new tuning views have been added, along with improved temperament, calibration, transposition support and user-interface design. Live demos of all the tuning screens are built into the app (go to the in-app shopping screen and tap on the thumbnail images).
Unique features help you work out the chords to new tunes, visualize the pitch and consistency of the human voice, violin or other instrument, or answer the questions "what notes am I humming", "what are those chords", "am I hitting all the notes in tune", "is my vibrato consistent" etc.
Multiple visualization modes:
Instrument: Combination chromatic ribbon tuner and string/note display for easy instrument tuning. Includes standard Guitar tuning for free with a custom tuning editor and database of common tunings for Guitar, Violin/Fiddle, Mandolin, Ukulele, Banjo, Bouzouki and Pedal Steel available as an upgrade.
Stage Tuner: A large, clear tuning display, optimized for hands-free operation at a distance and incorporating a true radial and waterfall strobe for unbeatable fine-tuning accuracy and responsiveness. Tap the display to change modes.
Chord Matrix (upgrade): Grid-based estimation display of common chord types (maj/min, maj7/min7, dom7/dim7), ideal for quickly determining the 'strum along' chords for a tune where the chords are reasonably clear.
Polyphonic Tuner (upgrade): A multi-mode polyphonic tuning display, showing either 12 simultaneous dial tuners, optimized for fine tuning, or 12 simultaneous 'ribbons', optimized for the visualization of rapid note/pitch changes such as vibrato, arpeggio, portamento, glissando etc. Tap the display to change modes.
Pitch Spectrogram (upgrade): Scrolling display of live sound analysis, showing the polyphonic perceived pitch of a wide range of sound types (including human voices and singing).
Tone Generator (upgrade): An 8-octave, polyphonic keyboard display that enables you to play reference notes in the musical scale. Includes a selection of tone waveform types and the ability to quickly switch between single-note or multi-note mode.
Strobe Tuner (upgrade): A true 6-band, multi-mode strobe display combined with a chromatic ribbon tuner for rapid and extremely accurate hands-free instrument tuning. Tap the display to change modes.
Split Screen (upgrade): Split the screen and use any two tuning views at the same time (e.g. Pitch Spectrogram plus Chord Matrix for transcription work). Please note, this upgrade is only recommended for tablets or devices with large screens and only for users who have purchased one or more tuner view upgrades.
These visualization modes are easily accessed by swiping the screen left/right (or up/down, depending on the screen orientation). When available, split-screen mode is enabled/disabled by pressing a toggle button on the main display.
Please rate or review, check for updates regularly and email email@example.com to report issues for quick resolution.
To tune your string instruments, such as acoustic guitar, guitar, bass and ukulele, follow the on-screen pointer and look at the note and frequency that are closest to the played string.
- Wide Detection Range from A0-C8
- Tone Generator (optimized sound generator, to generate tones in the full range of A0 up to C8)
- Tuning Modes for specific instruments
- Special Tuning Features
Instrument Tuning Modes:
- Chromatic Tuner (Tuning instruments in the full range of A0 up to C8)
- Guitar Tuner
- Violin Tuner
- Viola Tuner
- Violoncello Tuner
- Bass Tuner (4 Strings and 5 Strings)
Special Tuning Features:
- Orchestra Tuning (shift/redefine the concert A Pitch)
- [Pro] Tempering Modes (e.g. Equal Tempering, Kirnberg3, Werckmeister3, Meantone)
- [Pro] Stretching 4 Modes (Allows the user the tuning of pianos)
This app uses your microphone to detect the string being played and indicate if you should tune up or down.
Pitch pipe function also included.
The standard EADGBE guitar (not implemented for very small screen devices) indicates current note being played or allows fast note selection in manual mode.
Tuning range from 30 Hz (B0) to 4186Hz (C8), so can also be used to tune other stringed instruments.
Simple, beautiful and hands free tuner.
This tuner was built by guitarist to other guitarists to tune their instrument fast, accurate and with no extra effort.
This guitar tuner is hands free, means no touching or adjusting is needed. Just open the app and start tuning.
- 2.3 MB
- No hands needed
- Auto detect notes
- Display closest notes from both sides
- Mic level display
- Frequency graphic display
(!!) NOTE: this application is free to download, but will only work for a limited amount of time before you will have to activate it through a small one-time in-app purchase fee (~3EUR). Besides giving you a chance to try the app before you buy it, this was also the only way (due to technical constraints of the Play Store) to be able to give away this app for free to all existing gStrings users with paid content.
The app measures sound pitch using your phone's microphone, letting you tune any musical instrument (violin, viola, violoncello, bass, guitar, ukulele, piano, even wind instruments to name a few that have been tested).
1. orchestra tuning (shifting/redefining tone frequencies, e.g. A440 > A443),
2. different temperaments (pythagorean, bagpipe, etc.),
3. custom user-defined temperaments,
4. different note namings (English, Latin, Hindustani),
4. a nonlinear scale,
5. microphone sensitivity setup,
6. pitch pipe.
If you were looking for a guitar tuner, try this!
Thank you note: most of the historic temperaments were included courtesy of NetCat AG.
The spectrum analyzer provides a visual feedback of the notes played by the instrument and shows a small arrow to highlight the harmonic whose pitch the tuner is tracking.
For those who prefer to manually tune their instrument the 'Diapason' view lets you play a reference tone, 'A' (440 hz) or any other note that you can select dragging the frequency slider.
• tap to adjust the spectrum analyzer visualization options, select thicker spectrum lines, smooth out or highlights peaks, increase or decrease tuning sensitivity and precision (up to 0.1 cents)
• you can calibrate the tuner for non-standard tunings: tune the reference note, tap on the display and select 'Calibrate' to set the note as the new reference. You can also select non-standard musical temperaments, alternate note namings and much more
• select the Sonogram tab to view how the frequency spectrum changes with time, and follow the tuned note as it travels thorugh the spectrum as a green line
n-Track Tuner works great as a guitar tuner, violin, viola, violoncello, bass, piano and wind instruments tuner.
If you have problems with the app or suggestions for enhancements or new features please contact us at http://ntrack.com/support
• The app requires the internet permission to display ads