Main features are:
- Interactive map with clickable markers (normal map and satellite view)
- An updated list with places near you
- A list with your bookmarked stores
- Bitcoin values in different coins with an integrated calculator
- Sharing of a place with whatsapp, sms, and other sharing services
- Store filtering by name
- Multilanguage support
- No ads
This app uses data from the openstreetmap.com users for stores, while it uses Google Maps as map service. Many other features are coming, we are working on it and we will release them soon, stay tuned!
Requested permission explained:
- Photo/elements media/files: is the permission required to access the usb storage; we store offline data in a file using this permission.
- Telephone call: when you display store informations, you will able to call the number reported.
If you like this app, feel free to make a donation to: 13gbybVyaYy5yA7Z7si2zJfo2Aat6d7c8z
Are you travelling or just exploring your town or the whole world and want to know which places accept bitcoin?
The Bitcoin World Map is here to help you.
The Bitcoin World Map is a user friendly application as:
1. has a user defined projection radius (in imperial or metric system)
2. gives the user the ability to choose which categories to show
3. alerts the user when they reach a bitcoin accepting place.
The user can also store a bitcoin accepting place in their favorites list, add it to their contacts, navigate to it or just call it without leaving the application.
In the forthcoming update the user interface will be enriched with many widely spoken languages.
Upcoming event - Bitcoin 2014 Amsterdam is the annual international forum, exhibition and networking conference organised by the Bitcoin Foundation for the fintech industry. It's where investors, technologists, regulators, executives, developers, entrepreneurs and policymakers gather to collectively shape the future of cryptographic money worldwide.