Please note this app is used as part of a blended learning platform.
Personal protection equipment is used to reduce or minimize the exposure or contact to physical, chemical or biological hazards. A hazard cannot be eliminated by PPE, but the risk of injury can be eliminated or greatly reduced. Throughout this session, participants will be provided with the information on how to assess, select and determine the correct PPE for the work they are performing.
After completion of this course, you should be able to understand:
· Describe the hierarchy of hazard controls
· Locate information in government legislation on PPE
· Identify what PPE is required for specific situations on a construction site
· Explain employer and employee obligations and how to care, use, inspect and provide storage for PPE
· Orientation, documentation and communication