If your school licenses Blackboard Mobile Learn, you'll be able to use the app for free. If not, you will need to purchase lifetime access for just $1.99.
Need Help? Contact us with your questions either inside the app by tapping "Help" at the bottom of the Course/Organization List, or by selecting "App Support" below – we're here to help!
With Blackboard Mobile Learn, you can:
-Receive push notifications of course activity
-Post to Discussions
-Attach files from Dropbox
-Read Announcements (instructors can post Announcements)
-View Content (instructors can post Content Items)
-Create and comment on Blogs and Journals posts
-Take mobile-friendly tests
…and lots more. We won’t ruin the surprises – just download the app, enter your institution's name, and log in with your existing Blackboard username and password.
*Grade Center functionality for instructors is not currently supported, but is planned for a future release.
NOTE: Mobile Learn functions as a collaborative tool between our app software and your institution’s server. Blackboard Mobile cannot guarantee that the content created by instructors or other users will be compatible with this app. Access must be enabled by your institution. Features and functionality may at times be limited if your institution has not updated the appropriate software or experiences a server outage. Although we work with your institution to best configure Mobile Learn, sometimes it requires the help of users like you to ensure the best possible app experience. Whenever you experience a problem, we encourage you to reach out through our in-app "Help" option or your school's help desk.
Downloading or using this app indicates consent to the terms and privacy information at http://blackboardmobile.com/mlterms
For an explanation of the permissions this app requests, check http://goo.gl/QH6nK
You want to know if the next lunar eclipse is visible from your location or when the next bright comet is visible? You would like to be notified by your smart phone the next time, Jupiter and the Moon meet in the sky? You want to know what the blazing bright object in the evening sky is? You want to be always up-to-date which celestial events are visible from your location? Then this app is a must-have for you!
The app does not only include a live, zoomable sky map telling you what sky object you are looking at but provides you with loads of detailed extra information on stars, planets, deep sky objects, meteor showers, comets, asteroids, lunar and solar eclipses as well as detailed ephemeris of all included sky objects and an interactive top-down view of the Solar System. All that in just one app!
- Zoomable sky map showing stars, planets, asteroids, and more (above and below the horizon)
- Interactive top-down view of the Solar System
- Live mode (point device on sky and get information on what you see)
- Calendar showing detailed descriptions of celestial events
- Push celestial events to your phone's calendar and set a reminder alarm
- Rise, set, and transit times for any object
- Position of any object in the sky (altitude and direction)
- Twilight times, length of day
- Bright Star Catalog (~9000 stars) with detailed information
- More than 400 000 additional stars from the PPM Star Catalog (Android 3.1 or higher required)
- 2500 selected NGC objects (galaxies, clusters, ...)
- Messier Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Caldwell Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Hidden Treasures Catalog (109 objects) complete with images
- Meteor streams (begin, maximum, hourly rate, ...)
- Lunar and solar eclipses information
- Lunar librations, ascending node, maximum declination
- Bright comets (automatically selected according to the date)
- Dwarf planets: The five known dwarf planets
- Minor planets: bright, near Earth, trans-Neptune (more than 10000 in the database)
- Update database online: download up-to-date orbital elements of comets and minor planets
- Moon phases, the apparent view of the sun and planets
- Current image of the Sun and sunspot number
- Automatically generated visibility report for any object
- Simulation of light pollution
- Intuitive User Interface: quickly find what you are looking for
- Widget with rise & set times of the Sun and Moon
- Maintain your favorite locations in a list
- Automatic location determination from the mobile network or GPS
- Select a location from a built-in database or online via Google Maps
- 400 observatory locations
- Choose any time and date
- Detailed ephemeris, visibility information of all objects
- Dates of conjunctions between any object with planets or the Moon
- 3D-view of the Moon and the planets
- Accurate calculations for dates between 1900 and 2100
keywords: astronomy stars, telescope, planets, messier, live, augmented reality, sky view, minor planets, asteroids, dwarf planets, mercury, venus, earth, moon, mars, jupiter, saturn, uranus, neptune, ceres, vesta, juno, eros, transit, eclipse lunar, solar, sunspots, golden hour, blue hour, photography, great red spot, galaxies, cluster, nebulae, orion, meteor showers, milky way, perseids, shooting stars, ISON