SanctionsApp is managed and updated at the Programme for the Study of International Governance at the Graduate Institute in Geneva, Switzerland. It is based on research originally undertaken by the Targeted Sanctions Consortium (TSC), a group of more than fifty scholars and policy practitioners worldwide with interest in and specialized knowledge of UN targeted sanctions. The App provides access to text from hundreds of UN Security Council resolutions and has incorporated interactive filtering features based on the Graduate Institute's ongoing update of the TSC's original quantitative and qualitative databases.
The TSC project was the first comprehensive, systematic, and comparative assessment of the impacts and effectiveness of UN targeted sanctions regimes and included assessments of all UN targeted sanctions regimes from 1991 to 2014. The TSC conceptual innovations include (1) a focus on case episodes within broader country cases that allows detailed analysis of changes in types and purposes of targeted sanctions over time; and (2) an analysis of effectiveness in terms of the different purposes of targeted sanctions – to coerce, constrain, or signal targets. For more information see the TSC website (link at the end of this text).
There are five core functions on SanctionsApp:
(1) Sanctions Menu:
Provides sample text for different types of UN targeted sanctions, drawing on language used previously by the Security Council. In this function of the app, different types of targeted sanctions are presented on a scale ranging from most to least targeted.
(2) Cases & Episodes:
Presents a detailed qualitative overview and analysis of 68 different episodes within all 24 UN targeted sanctions regimes since 1991, including assessments of their effectiveness and links to relevant UN resolutions.
(3) Analogy Finder:
Identifies the most appropriate analogies to contemporary conflict situations, enabling them to enter key characteristics of the threat (such as the type of conflict), the purposes of the targeted sanctions (whether to coerce, constrain, and/or signal), and examples of effective sanctions regimes in the past.
(4) Sanctions Checklist:
Presents a quick overview of factors that should be considered when designing targeted sanctions.
(5) Sanctions Facts:
Presents basic facts about UN targeted sanctions.
SanctionsApp was developed at the Graduate Institute, Geneva, with the support of the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs. Version 1.0 of SanctionsApp was produced by the TSC's co-directors, Thomas Biersteker and Sue Eckert, and by Marcos Tourinho and Zuzana Hudáková, with extensive assistance from Cecilia Cannon. The App was designed and programmed by Colaco SA. Neither the Graduate Institute, the Government of Switzerland, nor the App designer bear any responsibility for the assessments of effectiveness of UN targeted sanctions contained in the App, or other App content, which are the sole responsibility and intellectual property of the content developers.
SanctionsApp is updated on a regular basis, and the assessments of effectiveness in Version 2.0 date from January 2014. The database is from June 2014. For comments or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To cite SanctionsApp, please use the following format: Biersteker, Thomas, Zuzana Hudakova, and Marcos Tourinho, SanctionsApp, Computer software, iOS and Android app, June 2014.
1) What Is an MUN? (A small introduction to MUN)
2) Delegate guide (A step-by-step guide to help delegates through a committee following the rules of procedure. Has been specially designed to help first timers)
3) The United Nations charter
4) The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
5) UN Today (Downloadable)
6) The World Political map
7) Hi-res world political map (Downloadable)
8) Sample Resolution
9) Preambulatory and Operative phrases
10) United Nations System Chart
11) Relevant websites (For research)
12) The DelTech MUN updates
Search or browse all countries AND territories in the word.
PRE-AMS and OPERATIVES:
Access our lists of pre-ambulatory and operative clauses.
Search of browse a massive database of NGOs alongside detailed information such as their website, area(s) of work, regions, and short description!
Access the entire UN Charter, separated by chapter for your convenience.
UN NEWS WIRE:
Access up-to-the-minute news updates directly from the UN NewsWire service!
AND MANY MORE FEATURES....
If your school licenses Blackboard Mobile Learn, you'll be able to use the app for free. If not, you will need to purchase lifetime access for just $1.99.
Need Help? Contact us with your questions either inside the app by tapping "Help" at the bottom of the Course/Organization List, or by selecting "App Support" below – we're here to help!
With Blackboard Mobile Learn, you can:
-Receive push notifications of course activity
-Post to Discussions
-Attach files from Dropbox
-Read Announcements (instructors can post Announcements)
-View Content (instructors can post Content Items)
-Create and comment on Blogs and Journals posts
-Take mobile-friendly tests
…and lots more. We won’t ruin the surprises – just download the app, enter your institution's name, and log in with your existing Blackboard username and password.
*Grade Center functionality for instructors is not currently supported, but is planned for a future release.
NOTE: Mobile Learn functions as a collaborative tool between our app software and your institution’s server. Blackboard Mobile cannot guarantee that the content created by instructors or other users will be compatible with this app. Access must be enabled by your institution. Features and functionality may at times be limited if your institution has not updated the appropriate software or experiences a server outage. Although we work with your institution to best configure Mobile Learn, sometimes it requires the help of users like you to ensure the best possible app experience. Whenever you experience a problem, we encourage you to reach out through our in-app "Help" option or your school's help desk.
Downloading or using this app indicates consent to the terms and privacy information at http://blackboardmobile.com/mlterms
For an explanation of the permissions this app requests, check http://goo.gl/QH6nK
Use FIU Mobile to stay-in-the-loop with the latest campus news, watch videos from recent campus events, check grades and access course content, and even browse the course catalog! It’s FIU in the palm of your hand!
Maps: Search campus buildings by name, pinpoint them on the map, and see their location relative to your own.
Courses: Browse and search courses for current and future terms, see course descriptions, times, locations, and availability, and even contact the instructor directly from within the app.
Learn: Get instant access to all of your Blackboard Learn™ course content on the go. Check grades, post to discussion forums, view important class announcements, read and download assignments, upload content and more.
Athletics: Follow FIU sports news, schedules, and scores for your favorite Roary teams with the athletics app.
Events: Find and keep track of a wide range of FIU activities, from concerts and art exhibits to lectures and athletics. Browse events by name, subject, date or location.
News: Keep up with all the happenings on and off campus with news from a variety of sources including content from http://news.fiu.edu
Library: Easily find library resources including location and call number, and even see current availability.
Videos: Access all of FIU’s video content in one easy-to-view place.
Get Help: Get access to important numbers and information when you need them. Call to report an emergency or get information from the FIU Emergency Information Hotline.
- Today's Devotions (audio, text): A short devotion delivered each weekday based on a part of God's Word to inspire, encourage and inform
- Through the Bible in 3 Years (audio, text): A Bible reading divided into smaller sections across a 3 year schedule
- WELSTech Podcast (audio, video, show notes): A weekly show featuring tech news, tips and conversation related to ministry
- WELS Radio (audio): Five channels of music from WELS musicians including Seasonal, Contemporary, Instrumental, Traditional, and Children.
- Military Devotions (audio): Weekly devotions developed specifically for our servicemen and women
- Q & A (text): A popular feature of WELS.net that takes faith-related questions and provides answers based on Scripture
- WELS Connection and other short videos (video): The monthly news show highlighting work being done in the WELS and by WELS members
- Together Newsletter (text): The bi-monthly informtion newsletter of the WELS
- WELS Call Report (text): The bi-monthly reporting of pastor, teacher and staff minister calls received, accepted and returned.
- WELS Yearbook: Search for pastors, teachers, staff ministers, churches, schools and preschools.
In addition, most content can be shared via popular social networks like Twitter and Facebook, as well a via email and SMS. Finally location services are now included. You can find a WELS or ELS church via the app based on your current location or by searching a city and state.
Courses Browse and search courses – descriptions, times, locations and availability – and even contact the instructor directly from within the app.
Directory Get in touch with your professor or advisor and add that person directly to your phone's address book.
Events Find and keep track of a wide range of Stark State activities, from student-sponsored events and art exhibits to lectures and training seminars.
News Keep up with all the happenings on and off campus with the latest news and announcements.
Library Easily find library resources and even chat with a librarian.
Images Browse or search campus images; check out scenic shots of Stark State’s campus; save images to your phone or save as a background to show your school pride.
Videos Access videos from recent events all in one easy-to-view place.
Get Help Get access to important numbers and information when you need them. Call to report an emergency instantly through the College’s emergency security line.
And more …
- Home -- View any campus alerts, your saved schedule, campus weather, and upcoming dates!
- MTMail -- Check your MTSU email from your phone!
- Schedule -- Need to know what or where your next class is on the fly? Schedule will let you sign in and view your schedule as well as the grades you have for that semester, and you can even select Map It to navigate you to your class! You can also save your schedule so that you can view today's classes on your home screen.
- Map It! -- This feature will allow you to map buildings, the Raider Express bus routes (as well as real-time bus locations), color-coded parking lot overlays, and more, right on your mobile device!
- D2L Mobile -- Access to D2L's mobile features right from your mobile device!
- Calendar -- View upcoming dates input by the Registrar's office as well as the current semester's final exam schedule.
- Buildings -- View and search through a list of buildings on campus, giving you valuable information about what each building houses and offering the option to map the building for your convenience.
- Numbers -- View a list of commonly-needed campus phone numbers.
- People -- Need to find out your professor's email address or office location? The People feature will let you search MTSU for the person you're looking for and let you do things such as add them to your contacts, e-mail them, or even call them!
- Dining -- With the Dining feature, you can peruse all of the eateries available on campus, view their specials and hours of operation, and plot their location on the map.
- Course Lookup -- Need to build next semester's schedule or check out classes on the fly? The Course Lookup feature lets you view valuable information about the classes offered in a particular semester and "Favorite" a class for your convenience.
- Library -- View the library's online mobile site directly from the MTSU app! See information such as the book directory, the library hours of operation, where open computers are located in the library, and so on.
- News and Events -- Keep track of happenings around campus with News and Events feature. Also view the latest Sports news from around campus.
- Fraternity & Sorority Life -- Scroll through a list of fraternities and sororities and view upcoming FSL events with this feature.
- About -- Learn about the developers behind the MTSU Mobile app from this feature.
If you think of anything that can improve this application please let us know by posting a review or e-mailing us directly at email@example.com.
Thank you for downloading MTSU Mobile and enjoy!
Use QC Mobile to find anyone in the directory and get in touch instantly. You keep tabs on QC Knights sports scores, watch videos of campus events, browse the course catalog, and listen to podcasts of popular lectures in iTunes U.
Maps: Search campus buildings by name, pinpoint them on the map, and see their location relative to your own. Plus, and use the Places:
• See the hours of operation of popular spots on campus such as the library, dining halls and athletic facilities.
• Find where you’re going faster by accessing bus routes
Courses: Check out courses for current and future terms, see descriptions, times, locations, and availability, and even contact the instructor directly from within the app.
Athletics: View up-to-date news, schedules, and scores of your favorite Knights team.
Directory: Get in touch with faculty and staff campus-wide and add them directly to your phone's address book and search by department.
Events: Find and keep track of a wide range of QC activities, from concerts and art exhibits to lectures and athletics. Browse events by name, subject, date, or location.
Images: Browse or search images. Check out shots of the Queens College campus and view images from our digital archive. Save images to your phone or save as a background to show your school pride.
Videos: Find all QC videos in one easy-to-view place.
Get Help: Get access to important numbers and information when you need them. Call to report an emergency or get information from the QC Emergency Preparedness 24/7 Contact Information.
News: Stay-in-the-loop with the latest campus news.
Library: Browse the complete library catalog and check item availability.
Tours: Self-guided campus tours.
Blackboard Mobile Learn: Access your course materials anywhere, anytime. Not intended to replace the online version of Blackboard, this app feature complements it with enhancement of key functions that translate best to your mobile device.
QCard: With this app feature you now can conveniently manage from your mobile device the account that powers your QCard purchases.
Evaluate!: Access QC’s online application to evaluate your courses.
QC Shuttle: Quickly access the schedule for QC’s shuttle bus service.
Fin Aid TV: Watch short videos to learn about your options for receiving financial aid.
a. The module displays the message(s) sent via CUNY Alert.
a. This module takes the visitor to the Donate Now page design by the Development Office. It is the public Development website that renders on-the-fly to the device.
a. This module displays, in real time, the following for each OIT Lab:
ii. # of computers available with an ‘as of date and time’
With Blackboard Collaborate Mobile, you can join web conferencing sessions right from your Android device.
NOTE: This app must be enabled by your institution to function and is free for you to download.
To find out if Blackboard Collaborate Mobile is available at your institution check in with your helpdesk or IT department.
With Blackboard Collaborate Mobile, participants can join a live web conference for online classes, meetings, one-on-one tutoring, group projects, office hours, and much more.
With Blackboard Collaborate Mobile, participants can:
• View whiteboard content, including images, presentations and annotations
• View shared applications and desktops
• Communicate with moderators and other participants via text chat and two-way audio
• Respond to yes/no and multiple-choice polling questions
• Raise their virtual hand for questions or comments
• Use emotions to indicate laughter, confusion, or approval
• View the names, polling responses, and emotions of other session members
• Participate in breakout room sessions
To attend sessions via Blackboard Collaborate Mobile, your institution must have a hosted enterprise Blackboard Collaborate web conferencing license version 12 or higher. Check with your helpdesk or technology department for more details
Now engaging and convenient access to your web conferencing sessions can be as mobile as you are.
The UN Calendar app features interactive components about UN achievements, links to related videos and photos and options for sharing information via social networking sites. It can store UN observances in the native phone calendar, with the option of a reminder alert. The app can also be used independently, or easily and safely disengaged from the native calendar.
Content is now available in all six UN official languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish, as well as Bahasa Indonesia and Kazakh. Simply change the language settings to access the app in your language!
All teaching and development occurred over the time span of six days, with most participants having little to no previous programming experience.
Lazy Chemist is a professional chemistry tool for educational purposes. Lazy Chemist uses an easy to access molarity calculator allowing everyone to quickly solve otherwise tedious tasks. Just type NaCl and the app will give you the molar mass.
- Molarity and Molar calculator
- Electronegativity calculator
- Complete atom searcher
- Atom Symbol input support
- Prefix support
The app was created in 3 day meaning that there may be bugs.
Resolution, lead by Aaron Austin, meets on the University of North Florida campus.
"We are a family on a mission together to change the world." -Aaron Austin
For more information on Resolution, please visit: www.southpointcc.com/resolution
The Resolution App was developed with the Subsplash App Platform.
App: © 2014 Subsplash, Content: © 2014 Southpoint Community Church