UWE Bristol's International College is the mocial app (mobile + social) created specifically for all enrolled and prospective students, International College staff and alumni.
International College students or prospective students can:
- Create a profile
- Follow other International College students and/or staff members
- Update their status
- Share updates to their own social networks (Facebook and Twitter)
- Check information about their International College accommodation
- Access the International College Pre-arrival Guide
- Access the International College Student Handbook (enrolled students only)
Members of the public are able to check all the posts made public by users, as well as accommodation information.
UWE Bristol's International College offers university preparation courses for international students that allows them to progress to UWE Bristol, upon successful completion of the course.
More from developer
SAM has been developed by a university team of psychologists, computer scientists and student users. Established methods of self-help have been combined with high standards of usability to provide an engaging, flexible, and practical resource.
The key features of SAM are:
• Clearly laid out menus
• User guidance
• External links
• Self-monitoring of anxiety with graphical display
• 25 self-help options covering: Information about anxiety, Thinking and anxiety, Physical relaxation, Mental relaxation, Health and Anxiety
• Guidance on putting self-help into practice
• Closed social network of SAM users
The content of SAM is presented in various media formats in order to support users in learning about anxiety and practicing self-help. Although not text-heavy, users will need to study the guidance to get the best out of SAM. Users are encouraged to build their own Anxiety Toolkit of SAM resources that they find helpful and to draw on this for regular practice in managing situations that are associated with anxiety.
SAM may be used with or without the support of a registered health practitioner but you may wish to consult with your local health or well-being practitioner if you are uncertain about using SAM.