- Appointments / Calendar Items are extracted into standard *.ics files (VCALENDAR industry standard) which can be imported into the device calendar
- Enable / disable file browser in preferences
- Launch file browser from within preferences
- Browse extraction directory and subdirectories
- Tap on files tries to open them according to mime type
- Long tap on files opens context menu (open with, rename, send, delete, extract (zip/gzip archives only))
- Extract zip/gzip archives
These attachment names usually occour, when somebody who is using a Microsoft Outlook EMail client sends you an certain RTF (rich text format) email with attachments. MS Outlook then packs these attachments into a TNEF (Transport-Neutral Encapsulation Format) envelope. Other MS Outlook Clients can deal with this format, but, however, most of the other email clients cannot! They will receive instead an attachment with the above mentioned naming and can basically do nothing with it.
While this is a well known (and annoying) circumstance there are already plug-ins for many open email clients such as Mozilla Thunderbird. For Android however there seemed to be nothing (and I have been doing quite some research on it).
So I finally decided to write my own app to deal with TNEF attachments. Luckily there was already an existing Java package which could do the extraction job so that I "only" had to create the Android app around it and do some debugging on the original code. My kudos here go to Amichai Rothman for his Java TNEF package (http://www.freeutils.net/source/jtnef/)!!
I originally created this application for my own purposes but then I thought it is worth while sharing it with the community. It is already bi-lingual (english and localized to german) and should get its job done.
The app itself registers as a handler for *.dat or *.DAT files and for email attachments. When you e.g. try to open a "winmail.dat" attachment from within your Android email client or a "winmail.dat" file with your file browser the app should be launched or you see a chooser box where you can select this app. When you do so you will see an alert box. When you press "Ok" the app will try to extract the contents of "winmail.dat" to a local folder. The default for this folder is "/sdcard/winmail". After it has successfully completed the extraction the app leaves a notification. When you open the the notification it will show you the contents of the target folder in another alert box. You can then use any file manager to browser to the target directory to access the real attachments out of the "winmail.dat" envelope.
If you launch the app directly it will present you a setup screen with some explanation on it and the possibility to specify your own target directory to where the extracted files should go. Furthermore, the check boy allows you to decide whether each attachment / file should be extracted to an own subdirectory.
The only system privileges that the app acquires upon installation are to be able to write to the external storage (sdcard) and to read from Google Mail.
Opens your mailbox on-demand to download attachments. It does not mark new emails as readed. When it founds attachments downloads them to SD card or internal memory according to configuration. It can save also list of email addresses and messages to text files - email export.
It has a file manager included called ndf.
✉ Free version: free download pictures attachment type, please in-app purchase to download other types of attachments, one time fee only. Thanks.
✓ Pro version: all paid features included.
Both versions don't have ads.
Suitable for travelling and offline email
Part of this app is open-source: https://github.com/tigo4/android.maven.project.template
bug tracker: http://github.com/tigo4/AXdownloader-track/issues
Many companies limit employees’ Microsoft Outlook based inboxes to a limited amount of messages, the remainder is archived in Symantec’s Enterprise Vault. While in their offices, they use an Outlook plugin to restore messages and perform searches across their email vaults.
ARCviewer provides many of the same functions for iPhone and iPad users.
ARCviewer is intended to be used by companies who have a license to Symantec Enterprise Vault.
To access a demonstration account, please send a request to email@example.com and the username and password will be returned by email.
Direction for Demo:
On Register Screen Click on the Demo Button
Contact CommonDesk for Demo User Account Details
Please send an email if you experience any issues or have any feature requests.
• Sign up with name and email.
• Send a file to your email, Dropbox etc. with all new entries.
supported contacts csv formats:
- Outlook (outlook 2003,2007, 2010, hotmail, eudora, Opera mail, gmail, lotus notes)
- Mozilla thunderbird
- Windows Live Mail 2011
- Incredimail 2.0
- sd disk or phone location
- field delimiter can be set
- end of line character can be set
- you can choose the encoding
- customize the android fields with the export field
pro vs free:
- no advertisements
- no need for network access and state
- no usage statistics are being stored
* Create/import/export/publish/search PGP keys
* Send/receive encrypted mail with Gmail
* PGP encryption/decryption of mail & files
* Thunderbird integration (via gnupg + Enigmail plugin)
* Password-based encryption/decryption (AES-256, 3DES, RC2...)
* Sign & verify files and emails
* Subkeys viewing and editing
* Biometric words
* Key armoring
Public-key cryptography is in most cases the best choice to protect your mail and communications from being intercepted and/or sniffed by governments, NSA's PRISM surveillance program and such.
At present, opening the app from Google Play doesn't work properly. Please open the app from your app menu. We'll upload a fix asap. Sorry for the inconvenience.
To get task support, please install this task app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dmfs.tasks
Since version 0.4 CalDAV-Sync supports read-only sync of webcal ics feeds (via http & https).
Important note for Android 4.1 and Samsung users: To prevent the removal of your accounts on reboot install this app:
Although this issue seems to be fixed in Android 4.2 the workaround is still required on Samsung devices.
Please note that there is a new issue in Android 4.4: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=66905
It causes accounts to be removed when an app is updated. Installing the workaround app should help.
This app will create new calendars on your device (one for each calendar on your server account).
Get support and news via Twitter https://twitter.com/dmfs_org
Please send me an email if you find a bug. Without detailed error description I often can't do anything especially when I can't reproduce it. It's also possible that your server has a bug that CalDAV-Sync can not (yet) tolerate or work around. If you report bugs I can fix them quickly and everyone will benefit.
It is tested and works with
- OSX/iCal Server
- Oracle Beehive
- many more, see http://dmfs.org/wiki/ for a list of all servers reported to work
Note to Yahoo!® users: Due to the many issues on Yahoo!'s servers, Yahoo! is no longer officially supported by this app.
Note to Free.fr users: Free.fr doesn't support CalDAV. However you should be able to sync your free.fr calendar one-way using the Webcal option.
After the installation got to "Settings" > "Accounts & Sync" and create a new Account.
If there is no calendar installed on your device, go to my website and install CalendarProvider.apk and Calendar.apk (FroYo and Gingerbread only)
Once this app reaches version 1.0, I'll make it open source.
See http://dmfs.org/wiki/index.php?title=Open_source_status for details on the open source status.
* task support (you'll need this task app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dmfs.tasks)
* basic support for self-signed certificates
* supports SNI (needs Android 2.3 and newer)
* supports client certificate authentication (Only Android 4.0 and 4.2 and newer, doesn't work on Android 4.1 yet)
* any number of CalDAV-accounts supported
* automatic calendar discovery (works for most servers)
* supports OAuth2.0 authentication for Google accounts
* syncs multiple alarms
* loads calendar colors from servers if available
* sync multiple calendars per account
* full support for time zones
* encrypts passwords in local database
* supports webcal ics feeds (read-only)
* initial support for attachments (Android 4.1 or newer, doesn't work with all calendars apps)
* Dutch, English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Polish, Russian translations
Keep your data private: your personal data is not stored in the cloud. It is directly synchronized between your device and your desktop computer through a secure connection and never goes through any third-party server.
BirdieSync supports: contact photos, multiple address books and calendars, contact groups and categories, recurring events and alarms, ICS, calDAV, WCAP, Google Calendar types.
Note: this app requires BirdieSync on your PC (19.95 €). You can download a fully-functional version and try it out free for 21 days (only Windows is supported).
Please go to BirdieSync web site for more information:
- Synchronize all your data
Syncs with Windows version of EssentialPIM Free and EssentialPIM Pro. Synchronization with Google Tasks is also available.
- Powerful calendar views
Colorful, easy-to-read day, week, month, year and agenda views. Support for customized categories.
- Hierarchical to do structure
Flexible structure that organizes tasks into multiple trees, with sub trees and leafs.
- Tree-like multilevel notes structure
Multiple views allow very quick notes management and location of data.
- Conveniently organized contacts
Wide selection of fields and unlimited number of contact groups. Each contact can be assigned to several groups.
- Secure passwords list
Self-locking mechanism offers safe and convenient way to store all your passwords and other sensitive data.
- Beautiful and functional widgets (some of them available through in-app purchase)
Make use of Calendar (agenda and month views), To Do and quick add new EPIM items widgets. Place shortcuts for EPIM modules on the home screen for quicker access.
- Password protect the whole app
Keep your personal information safe and secure in EssentialPIM, lock it down with a password. Data is encrypted with a random 256-bit AES key.
- Intuitive user interface
Offers fast and responsive user interface that closely resembles Windows version of EPIM for better adaptation. Android dark and light themes included.
- Translated in 20 languages
Thanks to our volunteers, EssentialPIM is now available in English, Belorussian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Turkish and Vietnamese languages. See the about translation section below to become a part of the community.
- Includes Calendar (day, week, month, year and agenda views), To Do (hierarchical structure), Notes (tree-like multilevel structure), Contacts (groups and unlimited custom fields) and Passwords (secure, self-locking mechanism) modules
- Fast and responsive user interface with dark and light themes
- Customizable widgets (calendar month and agenda views, to do, quick add new items, modules shortcuts)
- Flawless synchronization with Win EPIM works over Wi-Fi, cellular networks (3G, LTE), Bluetooth or USB cable
- Available in 16 languages
- Ads free
EssentialPIM Pro (paid version) exclusive features:
- Beautiful Calendar (agenda and month views) and To Do widgets
- Ability to show to dos in calendar
- Password protect the whole app
Support and feedback:
If you are looking for help or have any questions or ideas, please contact us by tapping on the Send feedback link in Settings->About or using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seeing EssentialPIM not being fully translated into your language? We would like to invite you to take part in the translation process. It’s easy and fun. And if you aren’t ready to do translation just yet, you can still review the existing one for mistakes. Please contact us at email@example.com and we will reply back with an invite.
As a token of appreciation, all active contributors get free EssentialPIM Pro Android and Windows version licenses.
- Your personal information: used only if you set up synchronization with Windows version of EssentialPIM
- Your accounts: will only be used if you set up synchronization of To Dos with Google Tasks
- Phone calls: determines whether the app is able to send/receive synchronization data to/from Windows version of EssentialPIM
Note: Currently for Gmail and iCloud accounts. Other email platforms coming soon.
Mailbox is a completely redesigned inbox that makes email light, fast, and mobile-friendly. Quickly swipe messages to your archive or trash. Scan an entire conversation at once with chat-like organization. Snooze emails until later with the tap of a button — they’ll return to your inbox automatically so you can focus on what's important now.
Mailbox checks your email from the cloud and delivers it to your phone securely. Now with Auto-swipe, Mailbox learns from your swipes and snoozes to automate common actions. Mute that conversation you don’t care about, snooze messages from your friend to this evening, or route all of your receipts to a list — automatically.
Mailbox’s delightful UI and smart features make getting to zero — and staying there — a breeze. After you experience a clean inbox, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it.
“Already the app I use most often.”
— MG Siegler, parislemon.com
“The best email management app you'll ever use.”
— Ryan Lawler, TechCrunch
Once synced, you can access your data online to edit, share them with your friends, synchronize with other phones/tablets or other services (like Gmail, Facebook, iCloud, Outlook, Thunderbird, ...), and many others things!
To use this application, you must have a Memotoo account:
Follow this link to have all options and informations to configure "Memotoo sync" app:
- This app comes from FunV10/OneMediaHub app and communicates with the SyncML protocol -> you will must uninstall FunV10 to use Memotoo app
- To sync your tasks, you need to install before the app "Astrid Tasks / To-do" https://www.memotoo.com/softs/astrid_tasks_4.6.5.apk
- And for your notes, you need to install before the app "OI Notepad"
Memotoo support many protocols to sync your data: iCalendar, CalDAV, SyncML, vCard, CardDAV, WebDAV, Zimbra, ActiveSync, Microsoft Exchange, ... and you can import / export your data in your online account.
- Simple file explorer
- View and edit text files(.txt)
- Text files encrypted(Blowfish algorithm)
- View and edit files encrypted by Tombo(.chi)
- Search for word in text(REGEX/CASE_INSENSITIVE)
Don't forget to backup your important data before using this app!
Your contacts are the most important data in your phone, right? This application will deeply analyze your phonebook and bring it close to perfection. The built-in intelligence will surprise you. Users say this application is so useful it should be included with every phone.
Contacts optimizer's powerful features and beautifully simple interface puts you in charge of your contacts again.
• Remove all duplicates and even find similar contacts
• Every individual optimization function at your fingertips
• Completely new Edit Contacts feature with Move to account function
• Mass move selected contacts between accounts
• Move all contacts - a powerful function for moving contacts between accounts. You can combine your contacts from Phone Memory to Google to have them all synchronized and then find and delete all duplicates.
• The ability to mass delete contacts you no longer need
• Correct and nicely format phone numbers
• Locate potentially incorrect contacts which cannot be dialed
• Find all incomplete contacts that have an important contact field empty
• Clean contacts removing empty fields
• Add international prefixes and country codes where needed
• Merge contact fragments into one rich contact
• Locate contacts in your messages and calls that have not yet been saved
• Digitizing of vanity numbers like 1-800-MY-GOOGLE
• Edit, Delete, Select all or unselect all contacts at any time, just tap and hold the contact
We are investing a lot of effort into this application, please rate it or let us know your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important note 1:
Android provides very limited memory to applications so if you try to process too many contacts the application may be stopped. It is not our fault or a bug.
Important note 2:
Different phones have different implementation of contacts. If the application is not showing your contacts, please let us know what phone you are using and what accounts you have. We will be happy to support it for you.
Join over 2 million people who are doing amazing things with Todoist – the world’s leading to-do list and personal task manager! Praised by TechCrunch, New York Times, Lifehacker, The Wall Street Journal, Android Authority, Phandroid, Android Police, and many others, Todoist works wonderfully across all your devices and platforms (mobile, desktop, web browser and e-mail) so you can boost your productivity and achieve more each day.
The FREE app lets you:
• Automatically sync your tasks on all your devices
• Never lose track of your to-do list: your data is automatically synced to the cloud
• Get organized by using due dates, recurring dates, sub-tasks, task priorities, sub-projects and colored projects
• Manage your tasks even while being offline
• Plan your days ahead with visual scheduling
• Share projects, assign tasks, and collaborate with anyone
• Get instant notifications for updates and new comments
• Integrate with Dropbox and Google Drive for adding documents to your tasks
• Preview media links and file attachments through inline thumbnails and file icons
• See images, watch videos and play audio directly within the app
• Leverage amazing widgets, actionable notifications, Google Now and DashClock integration, and advanced settings
• Add tasks from any app by sharing with the Todoist app
• Use Todoist with Android Wear: add tasks using voice commands, view optimized notifications at a glance, and send task lists directly to your wearable
With a PREMIUM account you get all of the above, plus:
▸ Set up and receive push notifications, email or SMS reminders based on your physical location or the time and date
▸ Get even more organized using task notes, colored labels, and powerful filters
▸ Add files, sound recordings and photos to your tasks
▸ Add tasks by email and access tasks on your calendar
▸ Track and improve your productivity with Todoist Karma
▸ Extended Android Wear support: add task reminders using voice commands
▸ And much, much more!
❝Todoist gives you a suite of productivity tools in a very elegant, stylish and simple package. Those on Android 4.0 and higher will especially fall in love.❞ — Phandroid
❝This is one of the most complete task management platforms available and they hit that sweet spot of being good for both personal and business use.❞ — Android Authority
Feel free to contact us directly if you need any kind of support: https://todoist.com/Support_Android/
Have a look at how we use the permissions requested by the app: https://todoist.com/android_permissions.txt
We hope you love our app as much as our community and our team does. Let us know what you think!
HOW: Preview the attachment in the Gmail app.
It also works with Google Drive and K9mail apps.
Browse Folder app not included, but not required.
This CANNOT read your email and is forced to guess the attachment name.
Multiple file support.
View thumbnails of image files.
Create music playlists with the Send Marked feature.
Pack/unpack Zip files.
Jump Points to any file or folder.
Thanks and enjoy!