Good concept, bad execution. As others have said, the read aloud function doesn't work. I'm sorry but that's pretty huge. You can't just gloss over that "small fact". But also, the reading is not good at all. I tried it with several documents in various fonts at various distances and the results are far from perfect--at worst it's unreadable; at best, typos galore. Even with the simplest font--and a two sentence paragraph--it still barely reads the text properly. But mostly, they shouldn't say this reads the text aloud if it doesn't.
Works great!!!!! Work good on printed text. Hand written texts causes some problems but this is great if you want to quick copy a text document for editing or saving.
This is going to be a handy little app. I tried it out on different types of documents and books. I was surprised how well it worked and was able to pull the words from a kid's picture book with different fonts
Takes several tries to get a good picture that will convert to text. Read aloud function does not work.
Doesnt work Whole reason i got it was for it to read my boring gas book to me, it doesnt read it at all
Compatibility issue Not working on android lollipop touch HD. please fix this.
- Changed behavior on "Skip intro" menu item
- Added better checking for camera flash
- Significant improvements to text reading performance
- Added preview of captured frame while detecting text
- NEON support detected at runtime
- Better detection of German text
- Added autofocus for some Samsung devices
- Explicit library loading supports more devices
The best app for non-stop continuous dictation. Take notes on the go & much more