Featured by "Best Android Apps" Book by O'Reilly as Best Audio Management App in Android.
Audio Manager is a home-screen Widget and Volume manager that allows you to get live readings of your current volume levels on your Android phone. Tap on the widget to adjust the volume levels.
Don't forget to check out the fully featured AudioManager Pro in the Android Market. Some of the features in Pro include:
★ Over 100 widget skins available through the Android Market
★ Two widget sizes available (large 4x1 and small 2x1)
★ Save Audio Profiles (presets)
★ Rename, Edit or Delete Profiles (presets)
★ Create profile shortcuts
★ Built-in Scheduler to automatically apply your presets whenever you want.
★ Restore ringer mode feature.
★ Set your ringtones through profiles
★ 6 Themes for you to choose from (Standard, Blue, Red, Yellow, Green and Pink).
★ Volume Lock to prevent other apps from changing your volume setting
★ 1x1 Volume Lock Widget
★ 1x1 Current Profile Widget
★ Re-arrangeable profile list
★ Built-in Scheduler to automatically apply your presets
★ Fully optimized for Android tablets
★ Available in over 10 different languages
★ Create and publish your own skins using the Skin Development Kit
★ AudioManager Plug-in available for Locale and Tasker users
We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to help us improve our products. Visit our website http://www.smartandroidapps.com and don't forget to check out our other apps in the market.
Smart Android Apps, LLC
changing control types and colors.
Three kinds of control types
- Volume dial : Feeling of analog device
Buttons : Precise control
Seek bars(sliders) : Quick and easy
※ If you want to know the total volume in dial
control mode, turn your device into horizontal
- Media, Ring, Notifications, In-call, alarm, system
Mute and unmute
Vibratemode setting(ring and notification)
- Normal, Vibrate, Silent
- Red, Blue, Green
(More colors will support in Pro version)
- Change ringtone
- Use incoming call volume for notifications
- 'Lock volume' prevent unwanted changing volume and
(The volume will be fixed in locked state, but this
application can control the volume in lock state)
Volume preset(Profile) features and additional colors are available in Volume Control+ Pro version
※ Screen is optimized for smartphones.
In tablet pc, screen may not be correct.
Note: free trial here: http://www.audio-evolution.com/downloads/USBAudioPlayerPROTrial_2.1.2.apk Rename the file to .apk if the file got renamed to .man after download!
Android 5 users: although Android 5 has some support for USB DACs, it is limited to 16-bit and sample rates of 44100/48000Hz. For high quality playback, you still need this app to enjoy 24-bit music at any sample rate your DAC supports.
• Plays wav/flac/ogg/mp3/DSD/aiff/aac/m4a/ape/cue/etc. files (even 24-bit or 32-bit). Almost every format that is listed here should work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libavcodec
• Uses a USB audio DAC connected by a OTG cable (if your Android device supports USB host and is compatible)
• Plays natively up to 32-bit/384kHz or any other rate/resolution your DAC supports by completely bypassing the Android audio system. No other Android player can do this since they are limited to 16-bit and usually 48kHz.
• DSD-over-PCM support (.dff/.dsf files) and DSD-to-PCM conversion if the DAC does not support DSD
• Folder playback
• Network playback using Samba shares (should work with Windows and NAS)
• Stream audio from radio stations (.m3u, .pls, .asx and plain AAC/mp3 streams are supported)
• Android media database playback with playlists. Play albums or create your own play lists from a list of songs (not applicable to folder playback!)
• Gapless playback
• Sample rate conversion (if your DAC doesn't support the audio file's sample rate, it will be converted to a higher sample rate if available or the highest if not available)
• 10-band equalizer (can be turned off)
• No root or custom kernels required, but when your device has root access there is a tweak option that could eliminate audio glitching should you experience it (for example when the screen is off)
• Software and hardware volume control (when applicable)
• Shuffle / repeat
Warning: this is not a generic driver, you can only playback from within this app. It is not possible to use your USB audio device using this software with other apps!
Please have a look here for a list of tested devices and more information on how to connect a USB audio device:
If you are more interested in recording, please see our recording app USB Audio Recorder PRO:
Make sure to connect your audio device BEFORE starting USB Audio Player PRO. If you get a message on start-up saying that the device failed to initialize, it is likely an incompatible Android device or a wrong cable since DACs are usually class compliant. If your Android device does not supply enough power, please try a powered USB hub.
Please let us know if your Android/audio device combination works. These DACs were tested in the past with USB Audio Recorder PRO, so will likely to function with USB Audio Player PRO as well:
• Alo Audio The International
• Audiolab M-Dac
• Audioquest Dragonfly
• Benchmark DAC 1 HDR
• Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100
• Centrance Dacport LX / HiFi M8
• Cypherlabs AlgoRhythm Solo
• DacPort LX
• FiiO E7/E10/E17/E18
• Go Vibe DAC
• HiFimeDIY Sabre U2
• HRT Microstreamer
• Ibasso D-Zero / D55 / D6 / D7
• iFi nano iDSD / micro iDAC
• M2TECH hiFace TWO / DAC / Joplin
• Meridian Explorer
• Musical Fidelity V-DAC II
• NAD PP 3i
• NuForce uDAC / Icon HDP
• NwAvguy ODAC
• Intruder DAC
• Stoner Acoustics UD100
• and many more!
Please contact us by email at email@example.com to report any issues so we can solve them quickly!
Put your hands onto a Multi-Band Equalizer EQ Trainer and get Your Mix to match a Target Mix.
Choose from a variety of sounds, take Frequency EQ Quiz Units and get a decent practice in rhythm and harmonics.
Sounds include a variety from Pink Noise to real instruments.
In BPM Recognition, Rhythmic Patterns, Intervals, Chords and Scales exercises you can train your ear to harmonize with some of the most important aspects of music.
StudioEars 2 also comes with a few useful tools such as a BPM Tapper, Metronome or Tone Generator.
To keep track of your ear training and audio engineering improvements StudioEars 2 also provides a statistics section.
Try before you buy! Start up to 10 Training Units for free.
StudioEars 2 Overview:
- Frequency Training in Hands-on Equalizer or EQ Quiz Trainer Mode
- BPM Recognition
- Rhythmic Pattern building
- Harmonics: Intervals, Chords, Scales
- Reverb and Compressor Quiz Trainer
- Tools: BPM Tapper, Metronome, Tone Generator
- Audio Quiz Statistics
AudioGuru is the attractive and well featured audio manager for your phone volume levels and ringer modes.
★ Manage media, ringer, alert, system and alarm volume levels.
★ 4 Custom volume profiles (presets).
★ Rename and edit Profiles.
★ Configure your default ringtones for ringer, alerts and alarm.
★ Automatically set profiles depending on time of day.
★ Solid and translucent widget skins.
★ 4 home screen widget sizes available.
★ Scheduler to automatically apply your presets whenever you want.
★ Available in over 5 different languages
TO RENAME A PROFILE: long press the profile button on the auto scheduling screen.
PRO KEY allows different schedules for work and non-work days.
TIP: Disconnect your ringer and alert volumes levels in your phone sound settings (on pre-ICS android only).
NOTE: Android 5+ replaced silent mode with priority mode.
NOTE: Android 4+ (ICS) DOES NOT let the ringer and alerts volumes be separated. Pre Android 4 phones can still separate them in the phone sound settings.
As a work around solution on ICS you can enable the adjustment of the ringtones and set your alert ringtone to "silent" for a particular profile e.g. sleep.
TRANSLATION: Looking for volunteers to translate to Arabic and other languages. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Through a simple and intuitive user interface, you can easily:
--- Parrot Zik ---
- Tuned by Lou Reed:
Working alongside his experienced sound engineer as well as Parrot Zik's acoustic designers, Lou Reed used his personal mastering studio to program the Zik as if he were adjusting the balance for one of his own performances. You can now experience the extraordinary results by using a special control on the Parrot Audio Suite app.
- Configure the Parrot Concert Hall Effect, to enhance your listening experience,
- Use a predefined equalizer or set your custom settings,
- Activate or deactivate the Active Noise Cancellation
- Check the battery level of your Zik
- Keep your Zik updated with the latest software release
- Get your Zik experience started with the embedded tutorial
--- Parrot Zikmu Solo ---
-Use preset equalizers or manually adjust the audio frequency
-Adjust the volume of the Zikmu Solo speaker
-Adapt the volume of the Zikmu Solo speaker according to the audio input sources
-Adapt the volume of the Zikmu Solo speaker according to its position and the dimensions of the room
-Connect simply and with full functionality using Wi-Fi
-Browse through local networks to share and send music to the Zikmu Solo speaker
-Keep your Zikmu Solo speaker updated with the latest firmware version
By all means try the TRIAL version first to see if your device works:
http://www.audio-evolution.com/downloads/USBAudioRecorderPROTrial_1.3.9.apk Rename the file to .apk if the file got renamed to .man after download!
Please have a look here for a list of tested devices and more information:
If you are more interested in a media player, please see our USB Audio Player PRO app:
eXtream Software Development has written custom USB audio code from scratch because Android does not support USB audio. No rooting is required.
Your USB audio device must be class-compliant in order to work: USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 class-compliant devices are supported with either USB audio spec 1.0 or 2.0. Devices that require you to install specific drivers under Windows or OSX will usually not work.
Make sure to connect your audio device BEFORE starting the app. If you get a message on start-up saying that the device failed to initialize, your device will not work (for now). Reasons can be that your Android device does not meet the requirements, it does not supply enough power (try a powered hub), the USB audio device is not class-compliant or you are not using an OTG cable (if needed).
Please let us know if your Android/audio device combination works.
Note that this app also functions as the license/key to use USB audio in Audio Evolution Mobile.
• USB audio recording
• USB audio playback
• Mono, stereo and multichannel recording
• Stereo playback (on multichannel device, the first two outputs are used)
• 16-, 24- and/or 32-bit depending on your device
• Up to 384 kHz sample rate (depending on your audio device)
• Input/output selection
• Buffer size selection (1024 to 16384 frames)
• Recording format selection: wav/flac/ogg/aiff. (No mp3 since that is patented, use ogg for similar quality and compression)
• Level meters for playback and recording with peak hold to see what your loudest peak was (tap on level meter to clear)
• Monitor button to set your levels before recording
• Load wav/aiff/flac/ogg files for playback
• Rename or delete recording
• Display of available disk space
• Internal controls like gain, volume and mute are presented on the mixer screen if available
• Set the folder you wish to record to, for example, external sd cards
• Play through your Android device's internal speakers or headset in case you have an input-only device like an USB mic
• Very basic playlist (directory playback) functionality because of many user requests. No mp3 playback or fancy graphics, the app is meant for recording! For a media player, see our USB Audio Player PRO app.
• Share your recordings through GMail, SoundCloud, etc.
• 800x480 screen minimum (in landscape)
• Android 3.1 or higher (no root required!!!)
• Android device with USB host capability
• USB OTG cable to go from micro-USB to full-sized USB if your Android device does not have a full-sized USB port
Just a glimpse of working audio devices:
• Lexicon Alpha, Lambda, Omega
• M-Audio Duo, Fast Track, Fast Track Pro
• Presonus 22VSL, 44VSL
• Blue Snowball, Yeti and Yeti PRO
• RME Babyface
• Zoom H2, H4
• Several HiFi DAC's
Unfortunately, Samsung S1, S2 and Note 1 devices are NOT supported because the kernel is missing some crucial parts. The S3, S4 and Note 2 work though.
Note that we are not affiliated with the USB Audio Recorder, USB Audio Field Recorder or USB Audio Tester app.
DS audio allows you to stream music stored on your DiskStation with your Android device wherever an Internet connection is available. Better yet, with the offline mode you can listen to songs stored in the device’s local memory for when no network connection is available. You can browse music by albums, artists, folders or genres, create your own playlists or share them with your friends, and even rate your music! And if you have dedicated stereo speakers at home, DS audio can also become a remote control to stream music to them.
Find all detailed features about the app on our website:
www.synology.com > DSM 5.2 > Mobile Apps > Software Specs
(*) The following in-app purchases are available to enable the following features:
• USB audio interface support (you can also purchase USB Audio Recorder PRO). Please see our compatibility list here http://www.extreamsd.com/USBAudioRecorderPRO and for more information here: http://www.audio-evolution.com/manual/doku.php?id=usbaudiosupport
• MIDI/virtual instrument support (enables MIDI sequencing, USB MIDI and virtual instruments)
• FX pack 1 (distortion, overdrive, speaker sim, wah wah, phaser)
• FX pack 2 (10-, 15-, 30-band graphic EQ)
• ToneBoosters pack 1 (Barricade, DeEsser, Gate, Reverb)
• ToneBoosters EQ with frequency analyzer
• ToneBoosters Compressor
• Autotune with two-voice harmonizer
• Multitrack audio recording/playback
• MIDI sequencing (in-app purchase required)
• Non-linear non-destructive editing with move, trim, split, cut/copy/paste, remove, cross-fade and range editing
• Virtual instruments based on SoundFonts (in-app purchase required)
• Loop playback
• Automation of all mixer and effect parameters
• Latency correction
• Import of WAV, MP3, AIFF, FLAC, Ogg/Vorbis audio files (m4a and others when running Android 4.1 or higher)
• Mastering to stereo WAV, AIFF, FLAC or OGG file
• Software monitoring for USB audio devices and some Android devices that have low enough latency
• Sample rate conversion
• Zoom down to the sample
• Each track has controls for volume, panning, mute, solo, arm, 3-band EQ with mid-sweep, 3 insert effects, 2 effect sends and output bus selection
• Unlimited number of tracks (*)
• Unlimited number of groups (*)
• Real-time effects including: chorus, compressor, delay, dual delay, reverse delay, reverb, flanger, noise gate and many more!
• Offline effects: fade in/out, normalize, reverse, pitch shift, time stretching
• Unlimited undo/redo for editing facilities
• Several grid options for aligning your samples (with tempo and time signature settings)
• Repeat samples with several options to create loops
• Add markers and quickly jump to them
• Projects are interchangeable with our desktop DAW Audio Evolution 5
• Export to other DAW's by rendering all tracks to separate audio files (stems)
• In short: a complete portable recording studio!
(*) Depending on your hardware's capabilities
• 800x480 screen size or higher
• Android 2.3.3 or higher
If you are looking for something similar to Cubase or Cubasis, this is it!
Note: this app can only run in landscape. Trying to run it with apps like Ultimate Rotation Control can result in crashes.
If you have any suggestions, questions or want to report a bug, please contact us! Instead of a negative review, please have the decency to contact us so we can actually solve your problem!
Loop packs, see for example:
Online manual: http://www.audio-evolution.com/manual/doku.php?id=start
To prevent your device's mic from picking up what the speaker is playing back, we recommend using either:
* a USB audio interface or
* an iRig MIC Cast: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigmiccast. The iRig is of better quality and playback is done through its headphone output. Note that hardware monitoring is not possible and you won't hear what you are recording through the headphone.
* Managed volumes: Incoming call, notifications, alarm, system, music
* Widget for fast manual switch (long press on home to add)
* Time based auto switching
* High-res icons
* Bluetooth and WiFi auto-activation/deactivation
* Ringtone selection with audio preview
* Messages in notification bar
* Backup/restore facility of the profile list
* Languages: English (default), Italian, French, Spanish
Please report any issues to email@example.com
* You can store unlimited configuration profiles
* You can set the system volume in Normal, Vibrate or Silent mode with one click
* Allows change the system volume with the device buttons
* Simple, easy and quick to use
* Optimized for different device sizes
Full Feature List at http://soundabout.userboard.net/t561-feature-list
(Some outputs are enabled for the PRO VERSION only)
Route the media audio to (Built-In speaker, Wired Headphones, Wired Headset (with mic), Earpiece, Aux Digital(HDMI), Bluetooth(A2DP), Bluetooth(mono), Bluetooth(mono)(dynamic), Dock(Analog), Dock(Digital)).
Route the phone call audio to (Built in Earpiece, External speaker, Bluetooth (mono), Wired Headphones, Wired Headset (with mic), Dock (Analog), Dock (Digital)
Phone call audio to Bluetoth A2DP(media) NOT allowed in Android.
Announce Callers Names (Caller ID) when they call (needs contact list)
Turn Notifications and Ringtones on and off depending on the audio output being used.
Send Text-To-Speech audio to various outputs with/without delays:
Wired Headset detection - ALLOW or IGNORE the headphone/headset plug in/out detection.
Wired Headset microphone - DETECT or IGNORE that a headset has a microphone when plugged in.
Send audio to Bluetooth headsets and your car's Bluetooth connection.
This second course in our Audio Concepts series, is focussed on the complicated science of audio processing. It explains the concepts, terminology and applications that all audio professionals need to know and have in their audio toolbox. It includes deep studies on Levels, Gain-staging, Panning, EQ and all of the Dynamics processors and how these audio forces come together in recording, mixing and mastering music.
This course is filled with graphs and custom animations to help simplify complicated audio processing theory. It also goes through every aspect of audio, giving you detailed audio examples and letting you listen to how all these processing techniques work.
So if you’re looking to fully understand audio processing, spend some time exploring this in-depth course and all of the courses.
Table of Contents:
1. Audio Processing Basics
2. Recording Levels: Metering
3. Mix Levels: Best Practices
5. Panning Basics
6. Panning Conventions
7. Pan Law Explained
8. EQ Basics
9. Filters: LP, HP, BP, Notch
10. Graphic & Parametric EQ
11. Frequency Ranges
12. EQing Instruments
13. EQing the Mix
14. Dynamics Processors
15. Compression In Use
16. Threshold & Ratio Controls
17. Attack & Release Controls
18. Compression Effecst (Drums)
19. Parallel Compression
20. “Character” Compressors
21. Opto, FET, VCA
22. Multiband Compression
23. Brickwall Limiting
24. Expansion & Gating
25. Sidechain Applications
The app shows all detected USB devices which were present when the app was started. Each of them can be selected, and if the detection of a sound card was successful, the supported modes for audio capturing and playback are displayed, as well as (part of) the controls of this sound card.
When a certain setting for capture (or playback) is selected, the buttons for streaming audio become active. To enable the "Ext mic to ext speaker" button, however, record and playback settings must match.
"Ext mic to int speaker" captures audio from the USB sound card and plays it via Android's sound system (typically built-in speakers).
"Int mic to ext speaker" captures audio from Androids default microphone and sends it to the USB sound cards output.
"Ext mic to ext speaker" operates solely on the USB sound card, sending all captured audio right back to its output.
While one of these 3 modes is active, only the record/playback/other controls are effective. For changing sample rates, the current operation has to be stopped.
If you find a sound card that is not properly detected, please press the feedback button. The data from the USB device(s) ("descriptors") is captured in an email to help debugging the issue. If applicable, add a short description of what went wrong.
If the sound card is detected but the streaming modes do not work, try lowering the USB load by decreasing the number of ISO packets, USB buffers, or both.
ringtone maker: create free ringtone/alarm/notification from mp3 or aac file
audio conversion: wav to mp3 conversion, wma to mp3, m4a to mp3, mp3/wav/wma/m4a to aac conversion
audio extraction: extract mp3 from mp4 video
Android Audio Editor is a multi-functional tool for manage and edit your audio files. The three main functions are audio extraction, audio conversion and audio editor.
The audio editor allows you convert mp3 files to ringtone. It gives you access to the free ringtone world. The interface is intuitive and easy to use. You can select part of the mp3 file to save as mp3 ringtone.
The audio conversion allows you to convert wav/wma/m4a and other audio formats to mp3 or aac files. You can set the audio bitrate and sample rate, and convert only part of the original file. If you want us to support more formats, feel free to email us.
The audio extraction function allows you to extract mp3 from mp4 or other video formats.
In addition, you can also do audio recording, move media files from one folder to another, delete files, share files etc in single or batch mode.
android.permission.INTERNET : for ads display if pro key is not installed
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: for deciding if we can send out feedback
android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: for ads display
android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: for ads display
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: for store converted and edited files
android.permission.WAKE_LOCK: for conversion in background
android.permission.READ_LOGS: for collecting logs in case a conversion fails. Users will be asked if logs should be sent back every time.
android.permission.READ_CONTACTS: for assign ringtone to contacts
android.permission.WRITE_CONTACTS: for assign ringtone to contacts
android.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS: for assign ringtone to contacts
The recording will be stored as .wav file on the storage and user can play wav file in recorded file list.
To use AudioFi, follow these steps:
- You may need a USB On the Go (OTG) connector to connect your audio accessory. The micro-USB connector on Android devices doesn't support host operations by itself.
- Make sure your USB audio accessory is supported. Android host mode for audio supports most USB audio class compliant or "driverless" accessories.
- Make sure the USB audio accessory has power. You may need a powered USB hub to power your USB audio device so that your device battery does not lose its charge as quickly.
- Plug the USB audio accessory into your Android device. Your device will act as a host for input. Follow the accessory instructions for use.
* please contact the following e-mail about more information.
- Contact US: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Specifications *
- Do not need root device.
- USB audio recording (Audio / Sound / Voice Recorder)
- Set sample rates supported by a connected USB Audio device.
- Recorded Audio file list viewer
* Restrictions *
- Only wav file support
- Android 4.2 or higher