InspirerMundi app aims to transform adherence to medication into a positive experience through a game with a social component and through verified treatment adherence using the smartphone camera. This app is designed for people with asthma.
The goal of the game is to promote correct medication intake, not only by motivating users to adhere to their asthma therapeutic plan through gamification elements, but also to motivate other users through incentives and rewards.
InspirerMundi is in a trial version for the Inspirers studies. The Inspirers studies are supported by: Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT, I.P), and Programa Operacional Competitividade e Internacionalização (COMPETE 2020), Portugal 2020, Fundo Europeu de Desenvolvimento Regional (FEDER) (POCI-01-0145-FEDER-029130) and by Project CódigoMáis (Interreg POCTEP).
With the InspirerMundi app, people with asthma will have to define, comply and follow the therapeutic plan prescribed by their doctor, and can also access the following functionalities:
- Create a specific therapeutic plan;
- Insert a medication, defining its type (inhalation, tablet or inhalation / nostril) and name;
- Define duration on days and date when treatment will be started;
- Establish the time of the medication intake, followed by automatic notifications;
- Register use of SOS medication;
- View statistics on adherence to medication;
- Record daily/weekly symptoms;
- Share the results with your doctor for greater control and monitoring of results.
The game component is based on a dynamic between Inspirers (more experienced users) and Warriors (initial level users) and offers the following options:
- Enables interaction between users (Inspirers and Warriors);
- It allows the advice and collaboration of an Inspirer and a Warrior;
- Allows the exchange of messages of support between Inspirers and Warriors;
- Allows you to search, invite and evaluate Inspirers/Warriors;
- Allows you to share the history of treatments with your doctor;
- It guarantees the accumulation of points for compliance with the medication, filling in the daily and weekly questionnaires, and evaluating other users;
- Provides the creation of a national and international network of Inspirers and Warriors.