With this really nifty app running on your Android, you can use the volume button instead of the power button to wake up your device!
Totally free, no annoying ads!
Please note that you may experience a power drain on the battery. This comes with the territory of keeping your device awake at all times in order to enable the volume button to perform the power button function. With recent updates to the Android operating system - this is the only way to do it.
If this app is run without the screen off setting, then the long term behavior of this app becomes unpredictable, as it is subject to the operating system's whims to reclaim memory. We recommend that you enable the 'screen off in notification bar' feature if you plan to use the app for long periods of time.
* Triggers: App, Time, Day, Location, Hard/Soft State, Event, Shortcut, Widget, Timer, Plugins
* Actions: 200+ built-in, plugin support
* Tasks: loops, variables, conditions
* Scenes: design your own screen overlays
* App Creation: create your own standalone apps to share or sell! (Android 2.3+)
Starter Guides: http://tasker.dinglisch.net/guides.html
Queries, Problems: see Menu / Info / Support in-app
It's not possible to fix problems reported via Play Store Comments...
****** Actions By Category ******
[not all actions available on all devices]
* ALERT: Flash, Notify LED/Sound/Vibrate, Cancel Notification, Popup Timed/WithTaskIcons/Names, Torch, Vibrate, Vibrate Pattern
* APP: Calendar Insert, Go Home, Kill App, Load App, Open Map (/StreetView/Nav)
* AUDIO: Alarm/Call/DTMF/Media/Notif./Ringer/System Volume, Haptic Feedback Toggle, Mic Mute, Notification Pulse, Notification(<4.1)/Ringer Vibrate (<4.2 or root), Silent Mode, Speakerphone, Sound Effects toggle
* DIALOG: 28 System Settings dialogs
* DISPLAY: Auto-Brightness, Close System Dialogs, Keyguard, Keyguard Pattern, Display Brightness, Display Off Timeout, Display Rotation, Set Wallpaper, Stay On, Status Bar (expand/collapse)
* FILE: Browse Files, Directory Create/Delete/Move, File Copy/Delete/Move/Open, Write To File, Read Line, Read Paragraph, Zip/Unzip File
* INPUT: Button, Dpad (root only), Type (root only), Input Method Select, Soft Keyboard (show)
* MEDIA: Media Button Events (grab), Media Player Control, Music File/Dir, Play/Forward/Back/Stop, Photo/Series/TimeSeries, Record Audio, Record Audio Stop, Ringtone, Scan Card
* MISC: (Broadcast) Action Intent, Component Intent, Get Location, GPS Status (<2.3 or Cyanogen/submod), Run (ASE) Script, Say, Say To File, Shut Up, Search For, Set Clipboard, Reboot (root only), Set CPU (root only) Set Timezone
* NETWORK: Airplane Mode (<4.1 or root), Autosync, BT, BT ID, Compose Email, Browse URL, HTTP GET, HTTP POST, Mobile Data (on/off), Mobile Data 2G/3G (Cyanogen only), USB Tether, WiFi Toggle, Wifi Disconnect/Reassociate/Reconnect, Wifi Sleep, Wifi Tether, Wimax Toggle
* PHONE: Call, Call Log, Call Block/Divert/Revert, Compose MMS/SMS, Contacts, End Call, Radio, Send SMS, Send Data SMS, Silence Ringer, Take Call
* TASKER: Change Icon Set, If, End If, Goto Action, Perform Task, Profile Toggle, Query Action, Set Widget Icon, Set Widget Label, Stop, Wait, Wait Until
* VARIABLES: Set, Clear, Inc, Dec, Query, Randomize, Split, Join, List
* 3RD PARTY: Android Notifier, Astrid, BeyondPod, JuiceDefender Data/Toggle, Gentle Alarm, NewsRob, OfficeTalk, SleepBot, SMS Backup+, TeslaLED, WidgetLocker
****** States ******
Airplane Mode, BT Connected, Calendar Entry, Docked, Headset Plugged, Incoming Call, Keyboard Out, Light Level, Media Button, Missed Call, Mobile Network, Device Orientation, Power, Various Sensors, Signal Strength, Unread Text, Variable Value, Wifi Network, Wifi Near
****** Events ******
Alarm Clock/Done, Date Set, Time/Date Set, Timezone Set, Display: Off/On/Unlocked, File Closed/Deleted/Modified/Moved/Opened/Attributes Changed, Camera/Search Button Long-Press, Card Mounted/Removed/Unmounted, Gesture,Missed Call, Phone Changes, Received Text, SMS Send Success/Failure, Battery Changed/Full/Low/Overheating, Device Boot, Device Shutdown, Storage Low, Locale Changed, New/Removed/Updated Package, Wallpaper Changed, Button Gadget Clicked, New Window, Notification, Notification Clicked, Zoom Click, Variable Cleared/Set, K9 Email Received, Gentle Alarm, Kaloer Clock, OpenWatch, Reddit Notify, Screebl, Widget Locker
THIS APP WORKS ONLY WITH THE ORIGINAL PRESSY BUTTON (WITH AN ACTIVATION CODE)
Pressy is a tiny Button that connects to your smartphone through the headphone jack and can be customized to automate many of your everyday smartphone actions.
Get your Pressy here: www.Pressybutton.com
Things you can do with your Pressy:
1. Toggle your flashlight
2. Call chosen contacts
3. Take quick photos and videos
4. Start voice recording
5. Start navigation
6. Launch any application
7. Change Phone settings
....and much more.
* Tasker or Local is require to operate this plugin, the plugin will show up under plugin section when adding an action to a task.
* Keyfile and password authentication is supported with rsa and dsa keys.
* Encrypted keyfiles are supported.
* Commands allow for variable substitution.
* Username, Host, and Port now allow for variable substitution
* Output can be piped to a local Tasker variable (only available during the task) and be acted upon as soon as the command is completed without a Tasker wait.
* Multiple servers are supported, with unique authentication for each.
* Multiple commands can be stringed together using a ;
NOTE: Currently only openSSH keyfile is supported. (This means that connectbot keys will not work without converting them first).
For users who purchase the unlocker, includes the ability to convert KeyCut to a system app, which enables many more permissions and toggles, as well as the ability to make KeyCut bulletproof (4.1 and 5.0) or more resilient (4.2-4.4) to other applications trying to take control of the media button.
1-9 short clicks
1-3 long presses (the large delay required here is unavoidable as Android doesn't let me know when the long press starts, only when it ends, so I apologise about that but it's the best you can do)
Includes Android Wear micro app to send commands to your handheld device by tapping your wearable screen, and a desktop widget for the same.
[!] - Requires purchasing the Unlocker
[#] - Requires root access
[S] - Requires granting system permissions from advanced settings
Application (any launcher activity)
Activity (all activities including hidden ones, mileage may vary)
Shortcut (Create a shortcut for things like direct dial, direct sms, or browser bookmarks, or running a Tasker task)
Supported Personal Tools:
[!] Speak Battery/Time
[!] Voice Recorder
Hotwords (thanks to XplodWiLD)
Toolbox (choose 6 actions to display on screen)
[#] Screenshot (4.3+)
[!][S]: Invert Display (5.0+)
[!][S]: Flight Mode (not possible on 4.3 at this stage)
[!][S]: Mobile Data
Screen On/Off (Formerly Power)
[!][#] Volume +/-
[#] Camera Shutter
Supported System Actions:
Expand Quicksettings (4.2+)
[!][S]: Reboot Dialog (includes Reboot, Recovery, Bootloader and Shutdown)
Italian (Gianluigi Rubino & Ivan Sferrazza)
Support forum is available at http://kaneoriley.com/forums/forum/keycut/
✭ "Overall, Slider Widget is incredibly easy to use and very intuitive." ✭
(Paul Wilks @ androidtapp)
✭ "So many apps try to do too much, or be too clever, but Slider Widget gets the balance right." ✭
- - -
A small Widget that gives control of the screen brightness and the sound volume directly from your home screen. You can easily manage those with the widget's slider or your hardware buttons. With a double click, you can also use the buttons to toggle. Slider Widget shows 6 Categories (e.g brightness or ring volume), which you can choose from 7 categories (more below). You can also change the order of the categories displayed in Slider Widget.
Slider Widget is - primary - a Widget. So you have to add it to your home screen.
✓ Displays brightness and volumes
✓ Control screen brightness
・ or set auto brightness (on/off)
✓ Control volumes
・ voice call
✓ 3 input options
・ change values with the slider
・ change values with hardware (up/down - buttons)
・ use buttons with double clicking to toggle (BETA)
✓ 4 widget sizes: 1x1, 2x1, 3x1 and 4x1
✓ Position of the slider can be changed (all 4 directions)
✓ Color theme can be changed
・ ICS blue
・ transparent background (on/off)
✓ Categories to show in the widget and their order can be set
✓ Indicator shows if notification and ring volumes are connected // not with honeycomb and ics
✓ more Settings like
・ notification uses ring volume (on/off) // not with honeycomb and ics
・ play confirmation sound if volume changes (on/off)
・ toggle function can be de-/activated for each category
✓ Languages: English, Arabic, Turkish, French, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Dutch, Catalan, Czech, Serbian, Ukrainian, Dutch, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional
Slider Widget needs the following permissions
WRITE_SETTINGS - to change e.g the screen brightness
INTERNET - to report bugs
VIBRATE - to vibrate if going into vibration mode
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you want to help translating Slider Widget into your language, you can! There is an Crowdin project:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTICE!: There is a - systemwide - Bug on some ICS devices that widgets aren't shown in the widget section after their installation. After a force close of the launcher or a reboot the widget should be shown. Sorry for that.
ATTENTION: Introducing the new System+ Module! The next evolution of the Helper for Android 4.1+.
Secure Settings has tons of features for super users or those who just want more out of their devices.
• Failed Login Attempts
• Google Now Shortcut [4.1+, Pro]
• Outgoing Call
• Secret Code
• Airplane Mode [System+ required 4.2+]
• Airplane Mode Radios [System+ required 4.2+]
• BT Connection [4.0+]
• BT Tethering [4.0+, Pro]
• Execute Shortcuts
• Adjust Font Size [4.0+]
• Toggle Hardware Keyboard [4.0+]
• Enable/Disable Keyguard [2.3 and below]
• Launch any Activity (Root required for some activities)
• Change default system language [4.0+]
• Enable/Disable Mobile Data [2.3+]
• Run any GNU Linux command
º Capture output info
º Use root to execute privileged commands [Root required]
º Output return values to user-defined Tasker variables [Tasker required]
• Show Touches [4.0+]
• SIP Options [2.3+]
º Toggle Receive Calls
º Change Call Option
• Keep device awake while charging [System+ required 4.2+]
• Wake Device
• Change Wifi sleep policy [System+ required 4.2+]
• Wifi Hotspot [4.0+]
Dev Admin Actions:
• Enable/Disable Camera [4.0+]
• Lock device
• Toggle Lock Screen Widgets [4.2+]
• Set/Reset device Password or Pin
If you are rooted the following is available:
• Toggle Accessibility Services
• Set Background Process Limit [4.0+, Pro]
• Toggle Background Data [Pro]
• Toggle Data Roaming
• Set Active Day Dream
• Toggle Day Dream State
• Toggle GPS
• Force GPU Rendering [4.0+]
• Toggle Hardware Overlays [4.1+, Pro]
• Change Input Methods without the prompt
• Set Default Launcher [4.4+, Pro]
• Toggle Location Services
• Set Location Mode [4.4+]
• Set Lock Screen Timeout [4.0+, Pro]
• Update Lock Screen Owner Info [3.0+]
• Toggle NFC [NFC Adapter]
• Toggle Notification Listeners [4.3+]
• Toggle Package Notifications [4.1+]
• Manage Package Data [Pro]
• Enable/Disable user or system apps
• Toggle Power Button Lock [4.1+, Pro]
• Toggle Pattern Lock
• Answer,End and Silence calls [Pro]
• Reboot Options (uses built-in functions) [Pro]
• Toggle Unknown Sources
• Toggle USB Debugging (ADB)
• Toggle USB Tethering [4.0+, Pro]
• Connect/Disconnect VPN Profiles [4.0+]
• Toggle Wifi Optimization [4.2+]
• Toggle Wifi Scanning [4.3+]
• Toggle Wireless ADB
~Custom ROM functionality~
• Toggle ADB Over Network [CM9+ only]
• Toggle Expanded Desktop [CM10/PA only]
• Toggle Fast Charge [Custom Kernel with Fast Charge Required]
• Toggle Kill App Back Button
• Toggle LTE [CM9+/AOKP]
• Toggle HTC Power Saver [HTC ROM]
• Toggle Samsung Modes [Samsung ROM]
Any issues or questions? Check out the XDA thread: http://goo.gl/zP5ltJ
Explanation of Permissions:
• Device Administrator Access - Required to lock the device or set/reset the password
• Superuser Access - Required to execute privileged commands
• Storage Access - Required to write to the SD Card
• Full Network Access - Required to download/check for updates for the Helper application
• System Tools - Required for the Keyguard and Wake Lock functionality
• Write Secure Settings - Required for performing System+ functions
• Change Configuration - Required to change Locale
• Change Network State - Required to toggle Mobile Data
• Change Wifi State - Required to toggle Wifi Adapter for Wireless ADB
• Wifi Access - Required for the Wireless ADB function
• NFC - Required to toggle the NFC Adapter
• Bluetooth/BT Admin - Required to Connect to BT Devices
• Boot Complete - Required to install Helper on boot if missing
• Process Outgoing Calls - Required to use outgoing calls as conditions
*** You Cannot Launch It ***
*** You Cannot Use It Without The latest Tasker version ***
Create your own apps for fun and profit! Astound friends and family with your development abilities!
- generate an app from a task or project in less than 10 seconds
- no programming required
- no Internet connection required
- Tasker not required after app creation
- app can be distributed or sold (e.g. on Play Store) however you like
* Disclaimer *
Tasker App Factory is not guaranteed to work with all future versions of Android. Specifically, Google may make changes which make on-device app creation impossible.
* More Info *
* Mini FAQ *
Q: Can I create apps with profiles and/or scenes ?
A: Yes, read the More Info link
Q: Did you know App Factory is crashing on Lollipop ?
A: Yes, an update is due start of December
* Permissions Notes *
- READ_CONTACTS is required to be able to include contact thumbnails in the created app, and then only if specified by the user
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE is required to put the new app on external storage (note: on some devices, 'external storage' is non-removable, which is also fine)
- WAKE_LOCK is required to stop the device sleeping while the app is being created
- created apps do not necessarily have these permissions, only the ones needed for the functions they use
Use Google Now as input for Tasker from your phone or smartwatch! With the free version you can use a word of four characters with exact match. To setup a profile with Tasker Now open Tasker and select "Event" in the Profiles tab.
Tell about us:
TuttoAndroid - http://www.tuttoandroid.net/applicazioni/tasker-now-permette-di-usare-google-now-come-input-per-tasker-244141/
HdBlog - http://android.hdblog.it/2015/01/07/tasker-now-comandi-google-now/
AndroidWorld - http://www.androidworld.it/2015/01/07/tasker-google-now-insieme-per-lassistente-vocale-definitivo-267042/
How to activate on Android Wear:
1) Say "take a note" and then the command
2) Say "start vocal command" and then say the command
3) Open the app and then say the command
4) Send a special notification from smartphone. The notification is sent via a Tasker Now action in Tasker.
To access to the settings on Wear:
Open the app on wear and swipe to the right
With the pro version you can use several match rules:
- exact match
- at least one word
- all the word specified
- start with rule
- end with rule
- regular expression
- sub-string rule
- template rule (a template is for example "send <contact> message <msg>", the plug is going to create two custom variables called %contact and %msg filled with your words)
- ignore punctuation
And you can use Tasker variables in the edit text.
Some images from: http://www.wear-generator.com according to CC BY 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Bored of putting your phone on silent every time you get into the office? Tired of turning off Bluetooth to conserve battery every time juice gets low?
This app interacts with your surroundings to configure settings on your phone automatically. Combine triggers and actions to create tasks, then activate the tasks that you create with conditions that you set!
Here are examples of what you can do:
In your car: Use Bluetooth as a trigger to open GPS and launch your favorite music app
On your nightstand: Program an NFC tag to set your ringer to vibrate, dim your display and set an alarm
In your home: Configure mobile data to turn off when your phone detects your own Wifi
The current triggers are as follows:
And as part of our Pro-Upgrade we also have these additional triggers:
And here are a few examples of the actions that you can perform:
- Change WiFi, Bluetooth, mobile hotspot, airplane mode (root users in Jelly Bean and up), auto-sync, GPS (root users), and mobile data settings.
- Change your volumes or notification tones.
- Change your display brightness, timeout, auto-rotation, or notification light settings
- Check in on social media like Foursquare or Google Places
- Send messages using Twitter, SMS, Email, or Glympse
- Start or stop Applications (root required for stopping applications), dock modes, open URLs, speak text, or navigate to an address
- Set Alarms or create calendar events
This app allows you to easily program your device to do the actions you do regularly.
So go ahead and create your own combinations to automate your life. The only limit is what you can come up with!
The Wall Street Journal calls it "living in the future."
Additional actions can be found when experimental features are enabled in advanced settings. Auto lock screen and airplane mode are restricted by Android but we've created some work around solutions for these actions. (Note: They aren't 100% reliable which is why they're classed as "experimental features").
Some demos can be viewed on the application website
Note: When using NFC Tags you can create a Switch task that will toggle between two tasks with each tap.
We're always working on adding new actions to Tasks. Please get in touch if there's something you'd like to do that's not currently offered.
This application supports NFC Forum Type 1, Type 2, Type 3 and Type 4 Tags as well as third party NFC Enabled tags like the MIFARE Classic, DESFire, Ultralight and Ultralight C. Now supporting read-only tags & allowing you to write any amount of data to any tag using Tagstand's cloud service. This allows you to use your tags just as you would any writable tag without worrying about size.
All permissions are listed and explained here: https://answers.tagstand.com/q/309-faq-permissions
This app uses Google Analytics for aggregate, anonymous data collection, which can be opted out of from the settings page.
This is an extension to Android Tasker
This extension only features one function:
- Check if a choosen process / app is running
It will allow non technical users to easily start apps on events like:
• Device Boot
• Power AC/USB
• Desktop Dock
• Car Dock
Automate tasks like:
• Automatically start applications when you reboot your device.
• Easily start your nightstand clock app when you dock your device and lower your device brightness.
• Start your favorite music player when you plug your headset and go back to your launcher when you unplug them.
Auto Exec! allow you to specify applications to launch when an action starts. Donators can also specify applications to launch when an action ends and can adjust the the brightness level when an action start and ends.
We made this application Ad Free. Please, support this initiative by donating using the menu option in the application. Stay Alive donators will automatically get a 10% rebate for their support!
Please use our email address for support or feature requests, as comments on Play Store don't allow me to gather enough information to help you.
Support Forum: Soon
Google+ Community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/103504696247906095281
WRITE_SETTINGS - Needed to change device brightness settings
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Needed to write the user configuration.
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Needed to read the user configuration.
BILLING - Needed for the donation option!
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - Needed to auto start Stay Alive! on boot
Tags: Auto Exec!, Tasker, Task, Automation, Automate, Triggers, Job, Manager
TaskKill does not operate on its own, and requires either Tasker, or Locale
Taskkill does not specifically require root, but it is recommended.
**IMPORTANT: Make sure you have tasker (or Llama) enabled in the Accessibilty settings of Android.
The following options are
* Simple: (Does not need root) Asks the target app to quit. Does not force the matter at all.
* Advanced: (Requires Root) Kills the PID of the target app. Apps with background processes may startup again.
* Extreme: (Requires Root And ICS+) Recommended method. This kills the target app using the same method as going to the app under settings and clicking "Force Close"
* Hardcore: (Requires Root) Only use as a last resort. This kills the target app by disabling its package and re-enabling it.
**WARNING Hardcore may remove shortcuts from the homescreen.
Thanks to daweefolk & unkmar for testing.