With this really nifty app running on your Android, you can use the volume button instead of the power button to wake up your device!
Totally free, no annoying ads!
Please note that you may experience a power drain on the battery. This comes with the territory of keeping your device awake at all times in order to enable the volume button to perform the power button function. With recent updates to the Android operating system - this is the only way to do it.
If this app is run without the screen off setting, then the long term behavior of this app becomes unpredictable, as it is subject to the operating system's whims to reclaim memory. We recommend that you enable the 'screen off in notification bar' feature if you plan to use the app for long periods of time.
* Triggers: App, Time, Day, Location, Hard/Soft State, Event, Shortcut, Widget, Timer, Plugins
* Actions: 200+ built-in, plugin support
* Tasks: loops, variables, conditions
* Scenes: design your own screen overlays
* App Creation: create your own standalone apps to share or sell! (Android 2.3+)
Starter Guides: http://tasker.dinglisch.net/guides.html
Queries, Problems: see Menu / Info / Support in-app
It's not possible to fix problems reported via Play Store Comments...
****** Actions By Category ******
[not all actions available on all devices]
* ALERT: Flash, Notify LED/Sound/Vibrate, Cancel Notification, Popup Timed/WithTaskIcons/Names, Torch, Vibrate, Vibrate Pattern
* APP: Calendar Insert, Go Home, Kill App, Load App, Open Map (/StreetView/Nav)
* AUDIO: Alarm/Call/DTMF/Media/Notif./Ringer/System Volume, Haptic Feedback Toggle, Mic Mute, Notification Pulse, Notification(<4.1)/Ringer Vibrate (<4.2 or root), Silent Mode, Speakerphone, Sound Effects toggle
* DIALOG: 28 System Settings dialogs
* DISPLAY: Auto-Brightness, Close System Dialogs, Keyguard, Keyguard Pattern, Display Brightness, Display Off Timeout, Display Rotation, Set Wallpaper, Stay On, Status Bar (expand/collapse)
* FILE: Browse Files, Directory Create/Delete/Move, File Copy/Delete/Move/Open, Write To File, Read Line, Read Paragraph, Zip/Unzip File
* INPUT: Button, Dpad (root only), Type (root only), Input Method Select, Soft Keyboard (show)
* MEDIA: Media Button Events (grab), Media Player Control, Music File/Dir, Play/Forward/Back/Stop, Photo/Series/TimeSeries, Record Audio, Record Audio Stop, Ringtone, Scan Card
* MISC: (Broadcast) Action Intent, Component Intent, Get Location, GPS Status (<2.3 or Cyanogen/submod), Run (ASE) Script, Say, Say To File, Shut Up, Search For, Set Clipboard, Reboot (root only), Set CPU (root only) Set Timezone
* NETWORK: Airplane Mode (<4.1 or root), Autosync, BT, BT ID, Compose Email, Browse URL, HTTP GET, HTTP POST, Mobile Data (on/off), Mobile Data 2G/3G (Cyanogen only), USB Tether, WiFi Toggle, Wifi Disconnect/Reassociate/Reconnect, Wifi Sleep, Wifi Tether, Wimax Toggle
* PHONE: Call, Call Log, Call Block/Divert/Revert, Compose MMS/SMS, Contacts, End Call, Radio, Send SMS, Send Data SMS, Silence Ringer, Take Call
* TASKER: Change Icon Set, If, End If, Goto Action, Perform Task, Profile Toggle, Query Action, Set Widget Icon, Set Widget Label, Stop, Wait, Wait Until
* VARIABLES: Set, Clear, Inc, Dec, Query, Randomize, Split, Join, List
* 3RD PARTY: Android Notifier, Astrid, BeyondPod, JuiceDefender Data/Toggle, Gentle Alarm, NewsRob, OfficeTalk, SleepBot, SMS Backup+, TeslaLED, WidgetLocker
****** States ******
Airplane Mode, BT Connected, Calendar Entry, Docked, Headset Plugged, Incoming Call, Keyboard Out, Light Level, Media Button, Missed Call, Mobile Network, Device Orientation, Power, Various Sensors, Signal Strength, Unread Text, Variable Value, Wifi Network, Wifi Near
****** Events ******
Alarm Clock/Done, Date Set, Time/Date Set, Timezone Set, Display: Off/On/Unlocked, File Closed/Deleted/Modified/Moved/Opened/Attributes Changed, Camera/Search Button Long-Press, Card Mounted/Removed/Unmounted, Gesture,Missed Call, Phone Changes, Received Text, SMS Send Success/Failure, Battery Changed/Full/Low/Overheating, Device Boot, Device Shutdown, Storage Low, Locale Changed, New/Removed/Updated Package, Wallpaper Changed, Button Gadget Clicked, New Window, Notification, Notification Clicked, Zoom Click, Variable Cleared/Set, K9 Email Received, Gentle Alarm, Kaloer Clock, OpenWatch, Reddit Notify, Screebl, Widget Locker
* Tasker or Local is require to operate this plugin, the plugin will show up under plugin section when adding an action to a task.
* Keyfile and password authentication is supported with rsa and dsa keys.
* Encrypted keyfiles are supported.
* Commands allow for variable substitution.
* Username, Host, and Port now allow for variable substitution
* Output can be piped to a local Tasker variable (only available during the task) and be acted upon as soon as the command is completed without a Tasker wait.
* Multiple servers are supported, with unique authentication for each.
* Multiple commands can be stringed together using a ;
NOTE: Currently only openSSH keyfile is supported. (This means that connectbot keys will not work without converting them first).
Ever wanted to control your Philips Hue Lights without reaching for a remote? Or have the lights turn on automatically as soon as you enter your home? Or have the lights blink when you receive a new notification?
Well now you can do this with AutoHue!
AutoHue let’s you program your Hue Light Bulbs to react to anything that Tasker supports!
It supports the following commands:
* Power (Toggle)
* Single blink
* Long Blink (30 sec)
* Color Loop
* Custom JSON
NOTE: The app only works on your local (WIFI) network, this is currently the case due to a limitation in the Hue API.
It will not install on vanilla android, or operator versions. If you do not know what CyanogenMod is, do not buy this app.
This is the Tasker or Locale Plug-in for the Notification Profiles feature on CyanogenMod 7.
It also includes a home-screen widget which displays, and allows changing of the active profile. Locale or Tasker is NOT required for the widget to work.
New: DashClock support!
Ever wanted to control your Squeezebox devices without reaching for a remote?
Or wanted the music to automatically turn on as soon as you enter your home?
Well now you can!
With AutoSqueeze you can control all your SqueezeBoxes without touching a button. For example setup tasker to automatically start a playlist when your phone connects to your home WIFI or mute your music when you receive a phonecall!
Currently supported commands:
*Start Selected Playlist
*Go to Previous Track
*Go to Next Track
*Play random track/album
This plugin is compatible with password protected servers!
*Not compatible with players only connected to mysqueezebox.com
Note: AutoSqueeze requires Locale, Tasker or Dashclock to function. Once installed it will become visible inside these apps as a third-party plugin. Once you select it you will be able to define your server, Squeezebox player and the command you would like to send to this SqueezeBox.
Search keywords: Logitech Media Server, Logitech Squeezebox, Slimplayer, Slimdevices, DashClock Extension.
* Quick up/down volume adjust buttons.
* Many different widget sizes.
* Controls all volume types. To change, tap the volume’s name.
To access the widgets: Long Press Home Screen > Widgets > Volume "Size"
Android 4.0: Press the All Apps button. Select the widgets tab and scroll until you see the volume widgets.
NOTE (again): The 1x1 widget won't load for Android 3.2 and above. Use the 2x1 and resize it.
Report Issues and Source Code:
Keywords: volume widget adjust sound audio loud soft noise
This app is licensed under the MIT license.
Copyright (C) 2012 Futon Redemption
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of
this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in
the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to
use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies
of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do
so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE
Great for people who accidentally changes their volume, have small kids, don't want their phone to go off accidentally in meetings, or even have apps which modify the sound settings a lot. It works with most profiling apps: Locale & Tasker ("Locale Audio Update Notifier" plugin necessary), Timeriffic, Setting Profiles, Ring Toggle, AAM, Bedside, etc.
By setting the timeout to "instant", the locked volumes will revert instantly without prompting.
The camera permission is to prevent Volume Locker from popping up due to the shutter sound on some devices. This app doesn't take pictures, it just detects if the camera is in use.
Features: unobtrusive, auto-start, call friendly, multiple volume lock
Exclude from task killer!
Regarding the Samsung Galaxy S: If VL doesn't work or save your settings properly, it's due to the upgrade to 2.2.1 breaking the settings permissions. Reinstalling won't fix it, the only fix is resetting the device. This is a Samsung issue and not related to VL.
Ring Control Audio Guard Manager
Are you a Tasker user? Do you need to know if music is currently playing for you to set up your tasks correctly? If yes on both questions, then this plug-in is written especially for you.
The plug-in itself uses no resources whatsoever when not used, no services are used. The memory footprint is minimal even when executing.
When installed, you will be able to ask the system if any application is currently playing audio through the media stream. The Media stream is used by all media players such as Google music, Spotify, Audio Book players etc.
This plug-in uses a two step process to achieve this, since Android system currently doesn't support a straight forward interrupt mechanism for discovering if music is played.
This is how you will get things done in Tasker:
Step 1, set up a State profile.
1. Is Music Playing? -> Yes
1. Set %IS_MUSIC_PLAYING = 1
1. Clear %IS_MUSIC_PLAYING
Since Android doesn't support interrupt based handling on playing music, you have to ask the system if music is playing before you act on your %IS_MUSIC_PLAYING variable.
Step 2, Ask the system if music is playing according to the following guide:
1. "When do you want to check if music is playing?"
1. "Your logic before the check is needed"
2. Plug-ins -> Is Music Playing? -> Query system (This will force an update of %IS_MUSIC_PLAYING via the first profile)
3. Wait 500ms (In order to let the first profile have time to populate %IS_MUSIC_PLAYING correctly)
4. If %IS_MUSIC_PLAYING is set
5. "Your logic if music is playing"
6. Else (Step 5 above will happen if %IS_MUSIC_PLAYING is set, step 7 below will happen if %IS_MUSIC_PLAYING is not set.)
7. "Your logic if music is not playing"
8. End if
9. "Your logic after the check is done"
An example of how to use it when you get an incoming text message and want to read it out loud. Then music should be paused, but only if it is currently playing.
1. Incoming text message
1. Wait around 2 seconds, depending on how long your message alert is (This needs to be done since the message alert signal will pause the music)
2. Plug-ins -> Is Music Playing? -> Query system
3. Wait 500ms
4. If %IS_MUSIC_PLAYING is set
5. Pause music
6. Read text message out load
7. Play music
9. Read text message out load
10. End if
User feedback states that if you toggle play/pause in a task just before you want to check if music is playing, don't forget to add about a 1 second delay to ensure that the toggle is happening on the device before the check.
If you have problems with anything, send a mail and I will sort it out.
If your tablet or phone’s power button is starting to fail, stop using it and get this app!
POWER ON USING VOLUME KEYS
Using Power On Volume you can wake up your tablet or phone and power on your screen using the physical volume keys on your tablet or phone instead of using a faulty power button.
*** NOW USES MUCH LESS BATTERY POWER ***
Tests showed up to 72% reduction in battery drain compared to previous versions. Battery drain varies by device type and can still be an issue on some devices.
POWER OFF OPTIONS
Using Power On Volume you can power off the screen, lock the screen, and enter power saving sleep mode using three options:
* Waving your hand in front of your device’s proximity sensor (if supported).
* Long pressing the search button (on devices with a search key).
* Pressing a Power Off shortcut icon from your home screen.
* Pressing the Power Off button in the Power On Volume app.
* Pressing a Power Off notification in the notification bar.
The long press search button feature is fully configurable. You can enable and disable this feature, and you can also select other apps to be launched when you long press the search button if they support this feature (such as the Google Voice Search app).
The Power Off shortcut icon can be selected from 16 beautiful HD Power Off icons.
The Power Off feature is compatible with all current versions of Android. Unlike many other apps available, the Power Off function will never turn the screen back on unpredictably like other similar apps are known to do when run on Android OS versions 4.0.4 or 4.1.1.
When the Power Off Proximity function is enabled (on supported hardware), you can turn off your device by waving your hand in front of the proximity sensor or by placing your device face down, putting it in a pocket, etc. Any action that covers the front will turn off your device. The Power Off Proximity function won’t turn off your phone during calls or when the phone is ringing. The Power Off Proximity function doesn’t consume any power when disabled or when the screen is off, saving precious battery life.
The root features require a rooted tablet or phone. If you don’t know was root is, you probably don’t have a rooted tablet or phone.
* Hot Boot: restarts the android GUI (if supported by your rooted system).
* Power Long Press: emulates long pressing the hardware power button.
* Reboot: reboots the device (if supported by your rooted system).
* Reboot Recovery: reboots the device into recovery mode (if supported by your rooted system).
* Shutdown: completely powers down your device
The Hot Boot, Reboot, and Reboot Recovery features rely on busybox and therefore work on most but not all rooted systems. Support for these features depends on the version of busybox installed, and how your rooted system is configured.
WHAT THIS APP DOES NOT DO
* This app cannot power on your tablet or phone’s screen if it’s not in sleep mode. If it is completely shut down, it is impossible for apps to run. Because this is an app, your tablet or phone must be in sleep mode for it to be able to power on the screen.
* This app cannot reboot a tablet or phone that is not rooted.
* This app cannot completely power off a tablet or phone that is not rooted.
*** TABLET/PHONE COMPATIBILITY ***
This app version was tested on ICS, Gingerbread, Honeycomb and Jellybean Android OS versions using select Samsung, Arnova, and Craig phones, tablets, and netbooks and runs well. Some phones/tablets might not work properly with this app. If you experience any problems please contact me for support.
Use the app's built-in "Uninstall" button for an easy uninstall. Uninstalling by other methods can fail.
If you contact me for support and I cannot get the app to work on your tablet or phone after a few attempts I will give you a full refund when requested.
Notification Watch for Tasker allows you to use notifications from any apps as events in Tasker.
In other words, this app enables all apps that send a notification to be the trigger of your Tasker profiles.
Note: this plugin uses NotificationListenerService provided in Android 4.3+. It works better than the internal notification event in Tasker.
* Normal Mode:
Filter notifications by the source app and the text contained in the title, text, or ticker.
* Alternative Mode (For customized notification layout like Google Music):
Filter notifications by the source app and all the text strings contained in the notification
* Tasker variables
Put contents of the notifications into Tasker variables
(%nw_title, %nw_text, %nw_ticker OR %nw_line_1, %nw_line_2, etc.)
* Notification history
When creating an event, choose a notification from history so you don't have to remember everything.
* Tasker Action - Dismiss notification
Clear notification - Dismiss all notifications or dismiss the ones you specified
* Watch removal of a notification
More features and options are coming!
● Start any task on your phone from your Wear device. Say "Ok Google, Start Task" or launch the "Task" app through the launcher. This action is not supported on Locale.
● Monitor the state of the connection between the wearable and your phone.
● Monitor the charging state of the Android Wear device.
● Monitor when your watch's battery is low.
● Events for wearable apps being installed, updated, and removed, including variables for the app's name and package.
This is only a plug-in. It requires either "Locale" or "Tasker" from the Google Play store and an Android Wear device. Some actions are not available in Locale.
*** You Cannot Launch It ***
*** You Cannot Use It Without The latest Tasker version ***
Create your own apps for fun and profit! Astound friends and family with your development abilities!
- generate an app from a task or project in less than 10 seconds
- no programming required
- no Internet connection required
- Tasker not required after app creation
- app can be distributed or sold (e.g. on Play Store) however you like
* Disclaimer *
Tasker App Factory is not guaranteed to work with all future versions of Android. Specifically, Google may make changes which make on-device app creation impossible.
* More Info *
* Mini FAQ *
Q: Can I create apps with profiles and/or scenes ?
A: Yes, read the More Info link
Q: Did you know App Factory is crashing on Lollipop ?
A: Yes, an update is due start of December
* Permissions Notes *
- READ_CONTACTS is required to be able to include contact thumbnails in the created app, and then only if specified by the user
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE is required to put the new app on external storage (note: on some devices, 'external storage' is non-removable, which is also fine)
- WAKE_LOCK is required to stop the device sleeping while the app is being created
- created apps do not necessarily have these permissions, only the ones needed for the functions they use