• puts the National Academy of Sciences’ Institute of Medicine’s DRI recommendations at the fingertips of health care practitioners, including Registered Dietitians (RDs), doctors, nurse practitioners and others who can help consumers interpret and use these DRI values to guide healthy dietary behaviors.
• enhances accessibility to the DRIs and
• provides supplemental information, such as access to DRI reports, nutrition education resources and pregnancy weight gain charts to further educate users.
AEP continues to grow year after year following successful conferences in Los Angeles, Atlanta, San Diego, New Orleans, Phoenix, Tampa, and Chicago.
The conference will take place at our host hotel, the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center, on Friday, January 10, 2014 and at our host institution, Belmont University, on Saturday, January 11, 2014.
The NCI Summer Internship Program (NCI SIP) covers a minimum of eight weeks, with students generally arriving in May or June. The NCI and the NIH Office of Intramural Training and Education sponsor a wide range of summer activities including lectures offered under the NIH Summer Seminar Series, attend career/professional development workshops, and participate in the NIH Summer Research Poster Day. Learn more about NCI at http://www.cancer.gov
The topics will include aspects of the biology, signal transduction mechanisms, gene regulation, and epigenetics related to cytokines and cytokine receptors in innate and adaptive immunity, host-pathogen interactions, inflammation, autoimmunity, tumor immunity, hematopoiesis, and stem cell biology. Sessions will include cutting edge basic science and clinical science presentations both in plenary symposia, concurrent symposia, and poster/workshop sessions.
The meeting will be exciting for academic basic scientists and clinical investigators as well as for a range of scientists in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries. In addition to senior scientists and physicians, broad attendance by graduate students and post-doctoral fellows is anticipated. This blend of attendees will help assure a vibrant and exciting conference.
DCRI brings leaders together to discuss critical health sector topics and to provide impetus for positively shaping the global health care community. In addition to strengthening relationships between Duke University and leading health-related organizations, these conferences bring to light many of the dynamic trends shaping the health care segment today and provide opportunities for senior health care leaders to shape future solutions and outcomes.
DCRI-sponsored industry events focusing on health informatics, clinical outcomes, and medical devices bolster strategic initiatives with leading healthcare organizations and graduate student recruitment activities and have triggered actions that have reverberated throughout the health care community.
First Night Raleigh is Raleigh, North Carolina's largest family-friendly New Year's Eve celebration of the arts and community, featuring music, dance, comedy, theater and more in over three dozen venues across 24 blocks of downtown Raleigh! Use the First Night Raleigh application to plan your First Night, navigate your way from venue to venue in downtown Raleigh, and learn what exciting performances and activities are happening near you!
Cows are displayed on streets, storefronts and other public places, creating a free family friendly outdoor museum of cows. The life-sized bovines are approximately 8 feet long and 5 feet high. After transformation, the artist-rendered cows are given fanciful names fitting of their designs. CowParade North Carolina titles include: “Mootalic Cow, Handy Heifer, Sir Walter Cowleigh, and North Cowlina, Udderly Amazing.” CowParade North Carolina 2012 presented by Wells Fargo is conservatively estimated to attract over 500,000 visitors to the Triangle during the three-month exhibition.
At the conclusion of the three-month public cow display, the cows will be sold at a live auction in January of 2013 to benefit N.C. Children’s Hospital at UNC Hospitals. The remaining bovines will be sold via online auction.
CowParade has become the largest, most successful public art event in the world, with exhibits held in 75 cities around the world and has been viewed by over 100,000 million people. More than 10,000 local artists in those cities have produced 5,000+ signature cows. Perhaps more impressive, CowParade has raised in excess of $30 million for its nonprofit partners in its host cities since 1999. In addition, CowParade has contributed well over $3 million dollars to artist communities around the world.
The NCI FYI mobile application offers a centralized source of available resources to fellows and trainees working on the NIH main Campus in Bethesda, MD, off campus in the surrounding area in Rockville, MD and Frederick, MD. http://www.cancer.gov
• Events – schedule of seminars, lectures, and activities at Bethesda, Rockville, and Frederick campuses
• Map- use the map and GPS technology to find your way around NIH main campus in Bethesda, MD
• Social media – stay up to date on cancer related news through NCI’s Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube presence
• @Campus – list of amenities, places to eat, and maps and shuttle schedules at Bethesda, Rockville, and Frederick campuses
• Quick dial – dial frequently used numbers from your phone
• And much more!
In accord with this mission, Dartmouth Graduate Programs seek to:
- Recruit the most highly qualified, motivated, and diverse students.
- Train students to pursue research at the frontiers of knowledge and to ensure our graduates excel in their chosen careers.
- Enrich Dartmouth's academic community through the promotion of learning, scholarship and professionalism.