The SpeechCompanion in short:
• Videos with speech therapy exercises (mouth motor therapy, tongue motor therapy)
• Compile training lists of the exercise videos
• Play training lists with exercise videos
• Mirror function with front camera to check yourself while exercising
Application areas include the rehabilitation after a stroke or problems of speech motor by congenital or appropriated imbalances of the muscles in the mouth area. Causes can neurological diseases, such as parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, or head injury. The SpeechCompanion supports your speech therapy with logopedics exercises to improve your voice and phonation.
The SpeechCompanion contains short videos where a speech therapist demonstrates mouth or tongue motor exercises. You can create individual training lists with these videos. To practice, is the SpeechCompanion plays the videos and shows your own image using the front camera shows of your smartphone or tablet. This allows you to compare how close you are to the speech therapist on the videos.
Knowledge base with frequently asked questions (FAQ): http://feedback.medando.de/knowledgebase
Contact us, if you have any problems: http://feedback.medando.de
Please send us all your feedback and feature requests: http://feedback.medando.de/forums/196342-speechcompanion
To get all news about apps by Medando, follow us on
• Twitter: http://twitter.com/MedandoEN
• Facebook: http://facebook.com/Medando or
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+MedandoDE
• children with Childhood Apraxia of Speech/dyspraxia
• adults with apraxia
• use by anyone working with individuals with apraxia, either therapists or parents
• can also be used for traditional articulation practice
Developed by the National Association for Child Development team, including a certified speech-language pathologist, this app practices articulation at the word level and is a logical follow-up to the original syllable-based app, Speech Therapy for Apraxia. This newer version provides choices of different patterns of articulation within words and moves through a progression of levels that challenge motor planning for speech. It begins at the production of single words with easier patterns of articulation and progresses through increasingly more difficult production sequences all the way to the production of sequences of random words.
::: Features ::::
• Choose from 9 different word groups to target.
• Words are categorized according to place of articulation of the phonemes and pattern of articulation within the word.
• For each group, choose the level at which to practice.
• Detailed instructions explain how to choose an appropriate word group and practice level.
• Moves through a logical progression of 8 different levels for motor planning for speech.
• Illustration and audio provided for each word.
• Option to repeat levels, reset, or move to next level.
• Can also be used for straight articulation drill for particular types of phonemes.
If you need more information SLP professional and general speech therapy please visit website of american speech-language hearing association (asha) or general resources games and free material for laryngectomy.
This app also can be used for :
1. Toddlers first words
2. Naming therapy for Children with Special Needs
3. babies who enjoys looking at everyday objects with sound
4. and autism flash cards
5. Apraxia cards
6. Articulation picture tool
These speech therapy practice word cards are for SLP professionals, parents and teachers to help with articulation. These cards used to improve articulation apraxia language phonology or stuttering even for autism.:
The key features of speech therapy articulation cards include
1. Over 1200 words and picture for Speech therapy practice
2. Real life images to keep your kids entertained with articulation activity
3. Only 1 syllable words
4. contains no phrases, sentences or reading story stories.
5. Real time voice recognition
6. Easy to practice speech therapy at home
Your suggestion comments and feedback are appreciated. email@example.com
List Of Content :
1. Speech Therapy - An Overview
2. Speech Therapy Diagnosis: Autism
3. Speech Therapy: An Overview On Fluency Disorders
4. Speech Therapy For Intermediate Stuttering
5. Speech Therapy For The Hearing Impaired
6. The Role of Speech Therapy In Traumatic Brain Injury
7. Speech Therapy Of Hearing Impaired Children at the Verbal Level
8. Speech Therapy Voice Training For The Laryngectomee
9. Speech Therapy Activities For Aphasia
10. Roles Of Speech Therapist In Laryngectomy Management
11. Importance Of Play In Speech Therapy
12. Aphasia’s Speech And Language Problems Targeted For Speech Therapy
Dont forget to share this app with your friends
Designed by a Speech-Language Pathologist for use in the home and clinic, this app features beautiful photos, real voice, and customization. See 5 words and add 1 custom word with Naming TherAppy Lite, or upgrade to Naming TherAppy for over 700 words and unlimited custom items!
"Great!!! This is a fantastic and very practical application! This app is well worth it! 5 stars!"
"This app has proven to be very helpful for multiple children on my caseload who have difficulty using expanded descriptive language. 5 stars!"
This app has 3 parts:
1) Naming Practice: Pictured nouns with an evidence-based cueing hierarchy and optional self-scoring with the option to add your own photos and cues. The app records which cue was used to get the correct answer and produces a score report for email. Use different cues within Naming Practice to target confrontation naming, responsive naming, phrase completion, repetition, and oral reading.
2) Describe: Pictures with 4-6 semantic & 4 phonemic question prompts for semantic feature analysis, phonological components analysis, and expanding expression skills. You can add your own word and select from 20 prompts to go with them. Icons representing questions prompting for information about the appearance, category, function, shape, size, color, taste, location and more surround each picture. Target sound knowledge by hearing prompts for first and last sound, rhyming words, and syllables. Sample 5 images; get over 400 in the full version.
3) Flashcards: Clear, full-color nouns (700 nouns, verbs & adjectives included in full version); touch to hear the spoken word or see the printed word with the ability to add your own pictures.
In the full version, you will also get a Naming Test: a set presentation of 30 pictures with scoring and a report. This is a non-standardized test intended for screening a person's ability to name common items. It contains common and less common items of the categories contained in this app. A perfect screener!
* Child-friendly mode turns off references to alcohol and violence and disables links to outside sites on the home screen
*New database controls let you turn each word on or off within the app, so you can customize even further in the full version
*Limit words by syllable length to just practice the short ones or target the longer ones - perfect for apraxia – only available in the full version
*Real recorded male voice provides neutral North American English accent in slow, natural speech for easy comprehension
*Tap is the only motion required - no dragging, swiping or pinching needed for new users and those with motor impairment
NO in-app purchase, NO ads, NO collection or sharing of private information.
**FEEDBACK: This is our first app made available for Android users. Please let us know if you run into any issues on your particular device by emailing us or using our website contact form and we will to happy to assist you.
Talk Around It helps people with word finding difficulties to practise Naming Techniques and improve Word Retrieval. Developed by Speech and Language Therapists, Talk Around It uses evidence-based techniques to treat conditions such as aphasia, anomia, stroke, dementia, alzheimer’s and autism. It now includes 10 quality pictures, 70 Sound Cues, Testing and Progress Reports to document patients’ progress.
• The Irish Association of Speech and Language Therapists (IASLT) review:
'Talk Around It apps have therapeutic benefit and shall be a good medium within treatment to target word finding deficits for specific cohort of patients……..I would recommend these apps and will have them in my therapy toolbox.' (IASLT Magazine, spring/summer 2014
Talk Around It now offers Naming exercises, Testing and Progress Reports and the option to customise. These features make it the most comprehensive and affordable app on the market to help with word finding.
New updates include:
Picture Customisation: Option to omit pictures and create a favourites list
Testing: Test 10 words (Upgrade to Full version for additional testing options)
Progress Reports: View patient progress showing results over time and by test type
• 10 images, (Upgrade to Full version for 100 images)
• Cueing hierarchy with 90 audio & written cues (Upgrade for over 900 cues)
• Semantic questions for circumlocution
• Evidence-based practice techniques
• Option to hide timer in test mode
• Easy to use interface
• No ads or in-app purchases
Talk Around It is used in clinical and home settings to treat a range of speech disorders including anomia and aphasia.
Using Talk Around It helps with
• Word finding or naming skills
• Cued Lexical Retrieval
• Receptive and expressive language
• Self-cuing to help word finding
• Circumlocution skills
Our users like the accessibility of the app and the simplicity of the interface. Just download the app and begin your naming practice using the hi-res photographic images, audio and written cues.
Speech and Language Therapists using our app say:
“…a very useful tool to aid in the generalisation of strategies learned in one-to-one therapy sessions.” (Kerrie, SLT, Ireland)
“Easy to use app. Clear pictures and nice interface. Accessible for children.” (Trudy, SLT, Singapore)
“Visually this app looks really well. The pictures are clear and the layout of the app is understandable and user friendly. The cues available are thorough and easy to understand. …. I could definitely see this being useful in therapy.” (Eimear, SLT, Ireland)
The app has been designed to help people who have difficulty in managing their saliva, such as those with neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s Disease and Multiple Sclerosis who have reduced sensation. The app can be set to either vibrate or beep (a wired or bluetooth headset is recommended) at a set interval. This prompts people to swallow prior to saliva spilling from their lips.
Swallow Prompt is an easy to use professional speech therapy tool which could make a huge difference to you or someone you know. It is advised that you liaise with your Speech and Language Therapist when using Swallow Prompt.
Swallow Prompt also has a convenient widget which you can add to your home screen in order to make starting and stopping it very easy.
A journal article published in the International Journal of Language and Communication Disorders in 2001 found that when people with Parkinson’s Disease used a swallow reminder their saliva management improved. (Drooling in Parkinsons’ disease: a novel speech and language therapy intervention. Int J Lang Commun Disord. 2001;36 Suppl:282-7. Marks L, Turner K, O'Sullivan J, Deighton B, Lees A).
If you are happy with our product, please do let others know, by adding a review. If you have any comments or queries related to Swallow Prompt, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your e-mail as soon as possible.
This App is to aid people who are unable to use speech as a communication method. This is particularly useful for mute and deaf people or if you have simply lost your voice.
1. Choose From Installed Phrases or Type The Message In The Text Box
2. Press Announce To Sound Out Your Message (Text2Speech)
3. Press Display To Show The Message In Large
4. The Mic Respond Button Will Allow People To Communicate Back To You Via Speech2Text.
L’applicazione è strutturata in due sezioni:
La PRIMA SEZIONE è quella ad utilizzo esclusivo della logopedista che può scegliere, in base alle esigenze/
bisogni del paziente, gli esercizi più adeguati da proporre seguendo, tuttavia, un percorso parzialmente strutturato (attività in ordine crescente di difficoltà).
La SECONDA SEZIONE è quella ad utilizzo del paziente che troverà un programma riabilitativo da seguire
in terapia e quotidianamente al proprio domicilio in modo tale da avere un supporto tecnologico che lo
stimoli ad eseguire gli esercizi e, allo stesso tempo, a svolgerli correttamente grazie alla visualizzazione di foto/video esplicativi.
All’interno dell’applicazione, ci saranno anche altre comode funzioni per il paziente:
La TABELLINA relativa alla posizione a riposo della lingua che nella terapia tradizionale è prevista
sottoforma cartacea, in Gulp! è presente in forma multimediale. Sarà facile e immediato per paziente e
logopedista visualizzare le statistiche e avere un’idea dei miglioramenti in atto.
Un sistema di SVEGLIE impostabile direttamente dal paziente (secondo i suoi impegni) che hanno la
funzione di promemoria per l’esecuzione degli esercizi.
Una SEZIONE INFORMATIVA diretta principalmente ai genitori dei pazienti in cui è presente un opuscolo
con una breve spiegazione teorica sulla patologia e una pagina dedicata ad alcuni semplici accorgimenti che
possono essere messi in atto nel quotidiano per favorire la riabilitazione.
This intuitive app will show you the wind speed, surf, and wave height for your local area. Marine weather data provided by the National Weather Service.
- One touch National Weather Service forecast for today, tonight and this week.
- Shows wind speed, seas wave height and surf forecast.
- Add a location to Favorites for easy reference when switching between zones
- Shows small craft advisories.
- Set your default location to show your local boat weather forecast.
- Simple, intuitive design, quick loading
PLEASE NOTE: This app does not provide a forecast for lakes or Puerto Rico.