Essential tools in General Practice, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Surgery, Obstetrics, Nephrology, Hematology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Respirology, and more.
"We recommend medical users try the free Calculate by QxMD first..."
-from iMedicalApps review "The best free Medical Calculator apps for the iPhone"
'Calculate' is focused on highlighting tools which are actually useful in clinical practice and serve to impact diagnosis, treatment or determining prognosis.
Helping you make decisions, not just calculate numbers...
• Developed by a collaboration of clinician experts from diverse backgrounds
• Converts recent research publications into practical handheld tools - knowledge translation at its best
• Automatically adapts to your self-described clinical practice
• Unique ‘Question Flow’ technology gets you answers, fast
• Detailed references with Pubmed integration
• Comprehensive and insightful results
• Elegant design and intuitive interface
• SI and Conventional units
More than 150 Unique calculators and Decision Support tools
While too extensive to list them all, here is a small sampling of included content:
Reduce and predict perioperative complications
• WHO Surgical Safety Checklist
• Predictive models for cardiac surgery and coronary angiography
• Determine cardiovascular risk and guide lipid treatment using the Framingham and Reynolds Risk Scores
• Use the CHADS2 score to guide treatment in atrial fibrillation
• Better understand the risk of bleeding from anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation
• ACS using the TIMI risk score
• Burns with rule of 9s and Parkland formula
• Hypernatremia (calculate water deficit)
• Heart failure
• Myelodysplastic Syndrome
• Chemotherapy based on Body Surface Area
• Carboplatin based on AUC
• tPA in acute stroke
• Phenytoin in renal failure and hypoalbuminemia
• Ideal body weight, BMI and BSA
• Due date and gestational age
• Extensive formula used in echocardiogropathy and invasive hemodynamic monitoring
• Kt/V in dialysis patients
• eGFR with CKD-Epi, Cockcroft-Gault, and MDRD
• A-a gradient
• Angina (CCS)
• Congestive heart failure (NYHA)
• Head, neck, ankle and knee injuries
• DVT and PE
• Pulmonary nodules
• Lung cancer
• Renal cell carcinoma
• TTKG (transtubular potassium gradient) in hypokalemia and hyperkalemia
• Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia
• Infective Endocarditis
• Autoimmune Hepatitis
And much more...
Want to keep up with medical research? Get 'Read by QxMD' for Android:
Founded my medical professionals, QxMD is dedicated to creating high quality, point-of-care tools for practicing health care professionals. Recognized as a leading developer of free medical software for mobile devices, QxMD develops content in cooperation with expert physicians from their respective fields.
- Body Surface
- Creatine clearance
- Glomerular filtration
- Fractional excretion of Sodium
- Fractional excretion of Urea
- Maximum Heart Rate
- Corrected calcium
- QRS axis
Please feel free to make sugestions.
App developed by Mikel Urrutikoetxea medical student of the University of the Basque Country
- Mass per liquid
- Dosage per weight
- IV rate: ml rate and drop rate
- Body mass index (BMI) calculator
Comment if you'd like to have a feature added that i didn't think of!!
Ever needed to find out how much to ask a friend for in gas money?
Simply enter the journey distance, the price you pay for gas and your vehicle's MPG and quickly and easily find out how much that journey will cost.
You can also find out how much the fuel will cost per person for up to 5 people!
An app that will save you time & allow you to better judge your fuel use!
Very small app that's quick to install and takes up hardly any room on your phone.
(Adapted for the UK: provides instant conversion for MPG and price in litres)
Translated into Spanish, German and French (Apologies if the translations are incorrect, I would appreciate any help in better translating them).
Fruit-Fall is a game that me and a friend have been developing over the last few months to get some experience during our studies at university.
Any suggestions that you have would be greatly appreciated and we really appreciate every sale.
The basic idea of the game is to catch the falling fruit (apples) by tilting your phone from side to side, positioning the character below the fruit in order to collect it.
You gain points for each piece of fruit you collect and consecutive collections will build a multiplier which will help you gain those extra points needed to beat your friends.
Its a game of skill that we are consistently tweaking (Hence the beta tag) and we will continue to add new features before we release the final version.
Thanks for your support.