• 125+ different health & medical calculators.
• Antibiotic guidelines.
• Gives recommendations based on health & medical calculator outcome.
• Swipe between 'Equations', and 'Antibiotics'
• Frequently updated to the latest clinical scores.
**List of Health & Medical Calculators**
• A-a Oxygen Gradient calculator
• Absolute Neutrophil Count
• ABCD2 Score for TIA calculator
• Alvarado (Appendicitis)
• Anion Gap Calculator
• Anion Gap Albumin-Corrected
• Bicarbonate Deficit equation
• Body Mass Index or BMI Health Calculator
• Brugada (Ventricular Tachycardia)
• Calcium Correction for Hypoalbuminemia equation
• Canadian C-Spine Rule
• Canadian CT Head Rule
• Child-Pugh score (Chronic Liver Disease)
• CHADS2 (Atrial Fibrillation Stroke Risk) calculator
• CHA2DS2-VASc (Atrial Fibrillation Stroke Risk)
• Creatinine Clearance (Cockcroft-Gault Equation)
• CURB65 - Pneumonia Calculator
• Framingham Cardiac Risk Calculator
• Fractional Excretion of Sodium
• Fractional Excretion of Urea
• Glasgow Coma Scale health calculation
• HAS-BLED (Atrial Fibrillation Bleeding Risk)
• HbA1c Conversion (Diabetes) Calculator
• Maintenance Fluids Calculation
• MELD for End-Stage Liver Disease
• NEXUS Criteria (C-Spine Imaging)
• Rockall (after upper GI bleed) equation
• Serum Osmolality/Osmolarity Calculator
• Shock Index medical score
• Sodium Correction for Hyperglycemia equation
• Stool Osmolar/Osmotic Gap equation
• Strep Throat Pharyngitis Score
• TIMI Risk for Non-STEMI Calculator
• TIMI Risk for STEMI Calculator
• Wells Criteria (Deep Vein Thrombosis) health Calculator
• Wells Criteria (Pulmonary Embolism) medical Calculator
· Featured by Apple in the RSNA 2008 Conference
· Featured by Apple in the "What's Hot for iPad" section on the App Store
The most comprehensive medical calculator for the iPhone is now available on Android! Mediquations makes getting the answers you need quick and painless. With 232 formulas and scoring tools and a intuitive interface, Mediquations is the smart choice for anyone looking for a medical calculator for Android.
· 232 formulas and scores. The most comprehensive medical calculator on the Android Market.
· Support for US and SI units. Switch between units easily while entering values, or set your preference in Settings.
· Categories, Favorites, Recents, Full Search. All designed to make your life easier.
· Multiple results (such as mortality percentages) are displayed for relevant scoring tools.
· References, full equation, detailed information, relevant pictures, and Pubmed links for each scoring tool.
· Leave the app and return to where you left off.
· Native interface for 10" Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich tablets such as the Motorola Xoom and Samsung Galaxy Tab.
· Redesigned from the ground up for Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
I hope you enjoy Mediquations!
Some of the equations included in Mediquations:
· A-a O2 Gradient
· ABCD & ABCD2 Score for TIA
· Absolute Neutrophil Count
· Acid-Base Compensation (ABG)
· Anion Gap, Delta Gap
· APACHE II
· Arterial Oxygen Content
· Arterial Oxygen Delivery
· Bayesian Sensitivity/Specificity
· Bishop score
· Body Mass Index (BMI)
· Body Surface Area (Dubois, Mosteller, Current)
· Breast Cancer Risk Assessment: Gail Model
· Canadian CT Head & Spine
· Carboplatin Dosing
· Cardiac Output (Echo & Fick)
· CHADS2 and CHA2DS2-Vasc
· Corrected QT (QTc)
· Corrected Serum Calcium, Phenytoin, Sodium
· Creatinine Clearance (measured) (CrCl)
· CURB-65 Score for Community Acquired Pneumonia
· Dermatome Map
· Dose & Liquid Dose Calculator (Corrected for BSA, Calvert, or Weight)
· Duke Treadmill Score
· Electrolytes/Labs Units Conversion
· Fractional Excretion of Calcium, Sodium, Urea
· Framingham Cardiac Risk Score
· Gail Model (Breast Cancer Risk Assessment)
· Geriatric Depression Score (15-pt)
· GFR (Cockcroft Gault, MDRD, Salazar-Corcoran, Schwartz, Wright)
· Glasgow Coma Scale
· Hunt-Hess Classification for SAH
· ICH Score for Intracerebral Hemorrhage
· IV Drip & Infusion Rates
· Light's Criteria
· LDL Cholesterol Estimation (Friedewald)
· Maintenance Fluids
· Mean Arterial Pressure
· NIH Stroke Scale
· Normal Lab Values
· Opiate Equivalence
· Osmolality (Serum)
· Osmotic Gap (Stool)
· Parkland Formula
· Pediatric Dosing Calculator
· Pneumonia Severity Index (PORT Score)
· Ranson Criteria
· Steroid Equivalence
· Time Interval Calculator
· Tubular Resorption of Phosphate (TRP)
· Tylenol Toxicity Nomogram w/ White Prediction
· Urinary Anion Gap
· Urinary Calcium Excretion (Ca / Cr)
· Well's Criteria for DVT & PE
· WFNS Grade for Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
**** And Over 150 More! Visit mediquations.com for the full list. ****
Essential tools in General Practice, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Surgery, Obstetrics, Nephrology, Hematology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Respirology, and more.
"We recommend medical users try the free Calculate by QxMD first..."
-from iMedicalApps review "The best free Medical Calculator apps for the iPhone"
'Calculate' is focused on highlighting tools which are actually useful in clinical practice and serve to impact diagnosis, treatment or determining prognosis.
Helping you make decisions, not just calculate numbers...
• Developed by a collaboration of clinician experts from diverse backgrounds
• Converts recent research publications into practical handheld tools - knowledge translation at its best
• Automatically adapts to your self-described clinical practice
• Unique ‘Question Flow’ technology gets you answers, fast
• Detailed references with Pubmed integration
• Comprehensive and insightful results
• Elegant design and intuitive interface
• SI and Conventional units
More than 150 Unique calculators and Decision Support tools
While too extensive to list them all, here is a small sampling of included content:
Reduce and predict perioperative complications
• WHO Surgical Safety Checklist
• Predictive models for cardiac surgery and coronary angiography
• Determine cardiovascular risk and guide lipid treatment using the Framingham and Reynolds Risk Scores
• Use the CHADS2 score to guide treatment in atrial fibrillation
• Better understand the risk of bleeding from anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation
• ACS using the TIMI risk score
• Burns with rule of 9s and Parkland formula
• Hypernatremia (calculate water deficit)
• Heart failure
• Myelodysplastic Syndrome
• Chemotherapy based on Body Surface Area
• Carboplatin based on AUC
• tPA in acute stroke
• Phenytoin in renal failure and hypoalbuminemia
• Ideal body weight, BMI and BSA
• Due date and gestational age
• Extensive formula used in echocardiogropathy and invasive hemodynamic monitoring
• Kt/V in dialysis patients
• eGFR with CKD-Epi, Cockcroft-Gault, and MDRD
• A-a gradient
• Angina (CCS)
• Congestive heart failure (NYHA)
• Head, neck, ankle and knee injuries
• DVT and PE
• Pulmonary nodules
• Lung cancer
• Renal cell carcinoma
• TTKG (transtubular potassium gradient) in hypokalemia and hyperkalemia
• Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia
• Infective Endocarditis
• Autoimmune Hepatitis
And much more...
Want to keep up with medical research? Get 'Read by QxMD' for Android:
Founded my medical professionals, QxMD is dedicated to creating high quality, point-of-care tools for practicing health care professionals. Recognized as a leading developer of free medical software for mobile devices, QxMD develops content in cooperation with expert physicians from their respective fields.
This application is designed to aid with opioid dose conversions. Useful for the transitioning patients from IV to oral pain regimens (for example, patients who are no longer NPO after surgery) or for consolidating opioids into a simpler regimem. This app will come in handy for medical students, interns, pain management teams, and anyone who will need to quickly and easily calculate these conversions. Adjustments can be made for incomplete cross-tolerance. Opioids and opiates included:
Methadone IM/IV/SC chronic user
Methadone PO chronic user
If you have suggestions for other drugs to add, or information to include in the app, email me!
Copyright 2011 Vikas Shah. Disclaimer and warning: The author makes no claims of the accuracy of the information contained herein; and these suggested doses are not a substitute for clinical judgement. This application was written solely to be used as a helpful adjunct for professionally trained physicians and practitioners otherwise experienced in drug administration and dosing. The data is provided for informational purposes only and in no way should be construed as professional medical advice. If you don't know the drug, its side effects, and its pitfalls, don't use it! Care has been taken that no errors in calculation have been made, but all calculations must be verified by the user. Drug dosing given here is based on published doses, but in all cases drugs should be administered on a case by case basis and titrated to effect for the individual patient. In no case have individual patient differences been taken into account, and conditions including but not limited to renal disease, hepatic dysfunction, cardiovascular disease, pulmonary disease, metabolic diseases and mitochondrial diseases may impact dosing or safety in the use certain drugs. Neither the name of the copyright owner nor the name of this project may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission. This software is provided by the copyright holder "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall the copyright owner be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage. In places where such liabilities cannot be waived or disclaimed, liability shall not exceed the retail cost of the application to the user of the application. Dose calculations based on information found at http://www.globalrph.com/narcotic.cgi. PLEASE READ THE DISCLAIMER CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS APP. BY USING THIS APP, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, delete this applicaton from your device.
Software use Cockcroft-Gault (for GFR) and the DuBois formula (for BSA) to show value in mL/min/1.73m2. It be recommend by NKF's KDOQI clinical practice guidelines to estimate GFR.
-LDL / VLDL Cholesterol
-Body Mass Index - BMI
-Mean Arterial Pressure
-Creatinine clearance - Cockcroft-Gault
-Glomerular Filtration Rate - MDRD
-Glasgow Coma Scale
-Pregnancy due date - Naegele's formula
-Cardiovascular Disease Risk Score - Framingham
Easy to use, offline and instant results for all calculations even during your practice.
This is an free application for all medical personal followed by the Pediatriconcall page relating to http://www.pediatriconcall.com/fordoctor/pedcalc/calcmain.aspx
Calculators included are categorized as follows:
» Head Circumference
» Predict Height
» Mid Parental Height
» Body Surface Area (BSA)
» Body Mass Index (BMI)
» Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
» Conversion of Temperature Celsius to Fahrenheit
» Conversion of Weight From Pound to Kg
» Conversion of cm to inches
» Serum Osmolality
» Bicarbonate & Base Excess
» Fractional Excretion Of Sodium
» Creatinine Clearance
» Creatinine Clearance (Schwartz Formula)
» Normal Values Of GFR
» Anion Gap
» APGAR Score
» Ovulation Date
» Pregnancy Due Date
» Conception Date
Blood Pressure Calculator
» Blood Pressure
Blood Group Detection
» Find Your Blood Group
» Alveolar arterial Gradient (A-a gradient)
» ET Size
» Normal Respiratory Rate
» Predicted Mean Peak Respiratory Flow Rates
» Corrected QTc
» Sodium Deficit in Hyponatremia
» Burns Fluid Requirement
Drug Dose Calculators
» Emergency Drug Formula
Diarrhea Solution Calculators
» Diarrhea Solution
» IV Rates
Blood Reference Values
» WBC Count
» Coagulation Profile
» Blood Indices
» Immunoglobulin IgG Subclass Levels
» Immunoglobulin Reference Values
» Serum Complement Reference Values
» Lymphocyte Reference Values
» Corrected CSF WBC Count for RBC`s
» Corrected Reticulocyte Count
Endocrine and Antibody Tests
» Thyroid Function Test
» Antibodies & Their Associated Diseases
» Drugs Interaction Checker
*Supports API levels 8 & above (Android 2.2 and above)
• 5 doses per day of 100mg/5mL solution of Morphine (IV/IM/SD), or
• 4 doses per day of Oxycodone 15mg (PO), or
• 1 patch per 3-day period of Fentanyl 25mcg/hr (TD)
Painkiller Calculator also shows you the total MME for any given combination of common opioids and dosages.
While these medications can be an essential part of effective medical care, there are also increasing reports of adverse effects, addiction, and deaths associated with opioid therapies.
This app brings together information currently available to clinicians, but which can be difficult to locate in a search or requires a clinician to do multiple searches to find information that could be helpful in safe and effective use of these medications.
This app includes:
+Information on the assessment of pain including universal precautions to be used for patients receiving opioids
+Information on opioid management including links to medical guidelines on clinical use in treatment of chronic pain (e.g.: VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guidelines)
+An example of a treatment agreement
+A discussion of opioid side effects
+Several clinical tools for assessing level of pain, depression, and risk of opioid abuse are provided
+Examples for ongoing clinical assessments of pain are included
+Links to guidelines for treatment of specific pain conditions
+Contact information for organizations that may be able to provide further information or assistance
This app was developed with support from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration through the Prescribers' Clinical Support System for Opioid Therapies.
Technical support was provided by the TeleHealth & Mobile unit of the School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco.
Now, the innovative FREE Epocrates CME app, powered by RealCME, is available to help practitioners fulfill continuing medical education requirements (CME/CE) requirements and stay up to date with the latest medical developments -- right on your Android device.
Epocrates CME offers the widest variety of unique, interactive continuing medical education activities across numerous specialty topics, with new activities added frequently. Activities are accredited by AMA, ACPE, ANCC and others and supported by an advanced personal CME toolset.
What sets Epocrates CME apart?
✔ Wide variety of engaging activity formats, with instant built-in feedback from esteemed experts
Choose from a wide variety of CME activity formats that reflect real-world experiences of health professionals. Virtual Patient Visits and Virtual Grand Rounds integrate authentic decision-making opportunities, peer-to-peer interactions, and expert discussions. You’ll have the opportunity to manage patients over multiple visits and settings, and view how your selections compare with those chosen by the faculty and other participants.
✔ Robust personal CME toolset to help you track credits and scores, compare your scores to other learners, and set and track goals
All completed credits are tracked automatically in your personal CME toolset and copies of your certificates are directly emailed to you. In addition, you can use this app to track your mastery of a particular topic in real-time, compare your mastery levels with other learners, review scores of completed activities, review all previously answered questions and correct answers along with faculty commentary, set up and track performance goals, schedule follow-up activities, and more!
✔ Personalized CME Portfolio Report
Every three months you’ll receive a personal report summarizing all of the CME activities you’ve completed, activities that you’ve started but not completed, your progress against CME credit goals and performance goals, and a summary of your mastery levels by topic along with comparisons to all other learners.
✔ Convenient online/mobile access
Your activities are synced on both platforms to enable you to switch between your computer and mobile device while you work on a single activity. For example, start an activity on your Andorid device, and finish it on your computer. You can also access Epocrates CME directly via an Internet browser at www.epocrates.com/cme.
Epocrates CME app requires an Internet connection to view and complete activities.
The following nursing calculations can be done through this app:
* IV drop rate
* Oxygen Administration
* Dilution of solutions
* International Units
* Unit conversion
The calculations are briefly explained with reference to formulas and / or tips.
Quick disclaimer for use of the app:
Use this app purely as a control agent, SR media is not responsible for any errors made by (the use of) this app.
This app is ad-supported.
Presented at the International Journal of Arts and Sciences Conference held at Harvard Medical School.
This application is meant to be used as a tool to help with calculations that are commonly performed in the NICU. The accuracy of the calculations have been tested and verified but users should exercise caution and verify their calculations via other means before using the calculations in a professional setting.
Ever needed to find out how much to ask a friend for in gas money?
Simply enter the journey distance, the price you pay for gas and your vehicle's MPG and quickly and easily find out how much that journey will cost.
You can also find out how much the fuel will cost per person for up to 5 people!
An app that will save you time & allow you to better judge your fuel use!
Very small app that's quick to install and takes up hardly any room on your phone.
(Adapted for the UK: provides instant conversion for MPG and price in litres)
Translated into Spanish, German and French (Apologies if the translations are incorrect, I would appreciate any help in better translating them).
Fruit-Fall is a game that me and a friend have been developing over the last few months to get some experience during our studies at university.
Any suggestions that you have would be greatly appreciated and we really appreciate every sale.
The basic idea of the game is to catch the falling fruit (apples) by tilting your phone from side to side, positioning the character below the fruit in order to collect it.
You gain points for each piece of fruit you collect and consecutive collections will build a multiplier which will help you gain those extra points needed to beat your friends.
Its a game of skill that we are consistently tweaking (Hence the beta tag) and we will continue to add new features before we release the final version.
Thanks for your support.