The BNF for Children (BNFC) provides essential practical information to all healthcare professionals involved in the prescribing, dispensing, monitoring and administration of medicines to children.
The resource addresses a significant knowledge gap in many areas of paediatric practice by providing practical information on the use of medicines in children of all ages from birth to adolescence.The resource includes:
• Guidance on the drug management of common childhood condition
• Practical advice on topics such as prescription writing and reporting adverse drug reactions
• Hands-on information on prescribing, monitoring, dispensing and administering medicines for childhood disorders
• Comprehensive dosing guidance for children from birth up to 18 years old
• Details of products on the market as well as reference to many essential products that are not licensed
• Indication of the licensing status of drugs.
Recommendations in the BNF for Children have been constructed on the basis of authoritative sources, emerging evidence and best practice guidelines. The content has been carefully validated by a network of paediatric experts and the process is overseen by a paediatric formulary committee.
• Shares the familiar structure of the British National Formulary (BNF) and is designed to be used in paediatric and general practice settings
• Includes information on unlicensed use of medicines and provides details of unlicensed medicines that can be imported, manufactured by ‘special order' or prepared extemporaneously
• Covers the drug treatment of rare childhood conditions, provides guidance on specialist paediatric interventions and includes details of those medicines that are used in children in a different way to adults
• As a point-of-care tool it is important that it provides practitioners with the most up-to-date information and therefore the latest edition is essential.
SIGNIFICANT CONTENT UPDATES FOR LATEST EDITION
The BNF for Children 2014-2015 has been revised and revalidated to reflect changes in product availability, emerging safety concerns and shifts in clinical practice.
Significant updates include:
• Revised dose and monitoring requirements for gentamicin in neonatal sepsis
• Safety restrictions on the use of codeine, domperidone, and metoclopramide
• Significant dose changes to amoxicillin, ampicillin, paracetamol, metronidazole, and naloxone
• New advice on switching between different manufacturers’ products of an antiepileptic drug
• Updated advice on the use of ototoxic ear drops in children with perforated tympanic membrane or patent grommet
• Changes to recommendations on interchangeability of oral mesalazine preparations
• Updated guidance on prevention of pertussis
• Rotavirus vaccine included on immunisation schedule, and changes to schedule for meningococcal group C conjugate vaccine
• New safety information on serious hypersensitivity reactions with intravenous iron
Authors: Published jointly by the British Medical Association, Royal Pharmaceutical Society, the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, and the Neonatal and Paediatric Pharmacists Group.
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. The apps enables you to make notes, search, add bookmarks and review what you previously been reading.
MedHand delivers what you need, trusted knowledge at the point of care! Offering most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers like Oxford University Press, RPS, McGraw-Hill, PDR Network LLC, Wiley and more.
Under this series. we hereby promise to include all the chapters in pharmacology and therapeutics.
This is the second app in it's series representing chapter 2 including basic sections of Pharmacology of ANS
1. Introduction to ANS
Your feedback/reviews are always make us to perform the best.
- 3D view male/female body
- 3 different body shapes for each bmi
- Weight calculating for given BMI
- Metric and american measuring system
- Much infos about Body Mass Index including WHO meaning
- Easy value entering for mobile devices
To get a preview of the 3d view you can test the web bmi calculator at http://www.bmi-club.com/body-mass-index.html
The result is valid for children/adults/m/f (but not for the muscular persons).
The only thing that differs between adults and children is the "reading table". I give only you a "general reading table" ! The reading tables may differ between country or population (but not so much, ask your doctor). There is a more precise reading table for children 5/19 years made by WHO (World Health Organization : www.who.int).
* Units: metric(cm - kg)/imperial(lbs - inches) (Use the menu button for changing that)
* Languages: English, Italian, French, Spanish, German, Croatian, Korean
* Long click on the result's zone to reset
For any trouble, contact me.
If you are developer, you can show your solidarity with the people of this country who is bled to white by banksters by lowering the price of your applications at the minimum for this country.
At your level, if you are developer, you can show your solidarity with the Greeks (who are bled to white by banksters) by lowering the price of your applications (at the minimum possible by the android market).
Body fat percentage is the weight of a person's fat divided by the person's weight. It lets you see how much of your body is made up of
fat, and how much is bone, muscle, blood, and organs.
So if you're trying to lose weight, or just wondering if your current weight is healthy, it's worth using this app. This app helps you calcalute your BMI and Body fat percentage in a
simple way and also eye catching graphics.
If you like this app, Try our other apps "Find Around me, Weather around me, Multi Unit Convertor, Tarot Teller, Vita-Min"
-LDL / VLDL Cholesterol
-Body Mass Index - BMI
-Mean Arterial Pressure
-Creatinine clearance - Cockcroft-Gault
-Glomerular Filtration Rate - MDRD
-Glasgow Coma Scale
-Pregnancy due date - Naegele's formula
-Cardiovascular Disease Risk Score - Framingham
This App gives complete prescribing information for all medicines for free. Drug on Drug Interactions and Warnings are also flagged within this free version. 30/90/180 day subscriptions are available to purchase in-app starting at £1.49 which will enable full details and recommendations for the Interactions along with all Warnings. The App's Data Pack is updated monthly for free and your license will continue to work for it's duration, ensuring you have uninterrupted access to the latest data. You will be prompted for each new updated Data Pack.
No Quibble Guarantee! - If you are not satisfied with this app we will refund your purchase!
BNF / MIMS in your pocket! - Plus Much More!
Drug on Drug interaction & medicines warning tool for all medical and healthcare professions.
This is the UK database - for the Irish database please search for Infomed Mobile Assist IE
• Comprehensive Drug-Drug interaction warnings.
• Prescribing Information-indications, contraindications, side-effects, dosage.
• Crushing of medicines information– Can be crushed/Do not Crush.
• Falls in the elderly warning-medicines risk information.
• Medicine use review prompts.
• Photosensitivity warnings and advice.
• Pregnancy and Breastfeeding warning information.
• Driving warning-effects of medicines.
• Sport information-use of medicines.
• Search complete database by brand name, generic name or therapeutic category.
• Medicines database information is updated every month.
• App works offline, no need for internet connection except for monthly updates.
All of our applications use our drug databases that are compiled, verified and updated by one of our founders Peter Weedle (B.Pharm., LL.M., Ph.D., MR.Pharm.S, MPSI. Adjunct Professor of Clinical Pharmacy, UCC.) These databases are currently used by thousands of pharmacies and have been in use for over 20 years. Over 100-million prescriptions have been checked and verified for drug interactions using our databases. They are updated regularly by our team of pharmacists to ensure that all newly introduced drugs are included as soon as possible.
Drug Interactor | Falls in the Elderly | Pregnancy Warnings | Breastfeeding Warnings | UK Drug / Medicines Database | Drug Interactions | Medicines Use Review | MUR | Medicines Whilst Driving | Medicines in Sports | Medicines and Photo-sensitivity
Easily calculate your BMI by choosing your height and your weight.
• Your data can be easily modified with our two intuitive sliders. Simply choose your age and your sex to get the most accurate results. We display clearly your BMI and also an approximation of your body fat percentage, according to the data you have set.
• Check your health daily by updating your weight with our app. By signing up, you can save your weight evolution daily and take care of your health carefully. Your can save your weights daily in your personal space and you can manage several accounts on the same device.
• A customized chart is available to check your weight loss throughout weeks and help you keep your body healthy.
• According to the World Health Organization, the Body Mass Index of an adult should be comprised between 18.5 and 25 to be considered as normal. To help you understand your goals, the normal weight interval according to your height, your sex and your age is clearly displayed in our app.
• This application is suitable for everybody including children from the age of 5 years old. You can switch between metric units (kilograms and centimeters) and imperial units (pounds and fets) to track your weight loss easily.
Our app is fully translated. We value your feedbacks and we are listening to all your comments and advices to deliver you the best application for tracking your weight daily.
If you find any problem or have any suggestions, do not hesitate to send us a message on Twitter (https://twitter.com/monirapps) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/monirapps.vayvay)
Please share it, rate it and comment it!
- The BMI Calculator Japan is an application that calculates BMI(Body Mass Index) from the height and weight.
- If you press Calc button after the height and weight is entered, BMI, obesity classification, and obesity classification table are displayed.
- If you press Metric button, you can enter the height and weight with cm/kg, and press Imperial button with ft,in/lbs.
- You can enter the height up to 302.3cm or 9ft11in.
- You can enter the weight up to 453.1kg or 999lbs.
- Corresponding Android OS:Android OS 2.1 and more.
- Confirmed model:
* Docomo SC-02B(GALAXY S)/Android OS 2.2
* Sony Tablet S／Android OS 4.0.3
- The classification of the obesity classification by BMI follows Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare standard.
How to use
** Make sure Gear Fit Manager is installed and Gear Fit is connected.
- Download and install the Gear Fit BMI
- You can find the app on App Connect of your Gear Fit.
- Tap BMI to launch.
If you like our apps then please give us a rating. Your feedback is highly appreciated.
Feel free to report any bugs, comments, requests. Please contact to: email@example.com.
The scale tool uses a simplified version of the ESAS (Edmonton Symptom Assessment Scale).
The tool would be useful for palliative care professionals, doctors, nurses, parents and caregivers, educators and teachers.
-sliding scale answers (with ESAS like questions)
-custom questions with either yes/no or sliding scale
Note: Please email us any concerns before giving a rating so we can address the problem(s)
Paid, ad-free version is also available.
Calculated using the Cockcroft and Gault formula: (140 − Age) × Weight × Constant/ Serum creatinine.
Male constant = 1.23, Female constant = 1.04.
Tested against the BNF online calculator.