Choose This not That for Crohn’s Disease. Inside this colorful app, you will find easy to follow suggestions on how to improve your health through nutrition and the food choices you make every day. This app provides comprehensive and actionable nutrition guidelines for how to prevent and cope with pains and symptoms associated with Crohn’s Disease (CRD). If you rather tackle health issues and risks through proper nutrition and lifestyle changes then this app is for you! Last update: Dec. 2018.
A number of powerful, unique and interactive features make this app so different and superior to others in the market:
• Is this food good for me? Answers the common question about suitability of various food items for your personal situation. And it does so in an easy to understand and colorful graphic form.
• Recipes. Most popular recipes on leading web sites.
• Health issues often come our way in groups of two or more. They are often caused by other health complications or result in other illnesses. In case of CRD, there are numerous symptoms that might accompany it. It is for that reason, that we have included separate guidelines for those who might suffer from any of the following likely conditions or risks along with CRD: anemia (iron deficiency), colon cancer, constipation, diarrhea, excess weight, gallstones, kidney stones, osteoporosis, stress, ulcers and Vitamin D deficiency. Also included are guidelines on autoimmunity including detoxification, anti-inflammation, leaky gut, Microbiome & Specific Carb Diet (SCD).
• Top-5 items to eat/do, or avoid.
• Food Suggestions. The best food choices within a food group, based on your personal profile. An extremely valuable tool when at restaurants or when grocery shopping. Also included are suggestions on appropriate life style choices, alternative therapies and herbal remedies.
• ACTIONABLE information on what is good, what is bad, and what is neutral for your condition(s). We single out specific food items, and give you an ordered list of helpful and harmful foods within each food group.
The primary sources used by Personal Remedies are US government sources such as USDA (US Department of Agriculture), NIH (National Institute of Health) agencies, leading clinics & universities.
Personal Remedies is the publisher of the largest collection of health and nutrition apps for chronic conditions in the market, based in metro-Boston, home to the top ranking healthcare providers and academic institutions in the world.
This app is updated by our team on an ongoing basis. Updates happen seamlessly, and do NOT require frequent inconvenient downloads.
“This technology was developed using the most current clinical evidence-based information that is available in the US. Behind this technology there is a team of expert clinicians, scientists, endocrinologists, oncologists, and other specialists who are passionate about bridging the gap between expert knowledge and the patient.“
Katya Tsaioun, PhD, Nutrition, Tufts University; L.D.N.
“Proper nutrition and other alternative treatments show great promise in preventing and treating many of the illnesses that we deal with every day. I encourage all my patients to follow appropriate nutrition and research other options for themselves. The Choose This Not That series are an excellent step towards improving people’s knowledge in this area.”
Shahin Tabatabaei, MD
Mass General Hospital; Harvard Medical School