Choose This not That for Depression. This colorful app provides comprehensive and actionable nutrition guidelines for how to cope with Depression and its various risks & complications. If you rather tackle health issues and risks through proper nutrition and lifestyle changes as opposed to prescription drugs and other typical medical treatments, then this app is for you! Last update: Jun. 2018.
A number of powerful, unique and interactive features make this app so different and superior to others in the market:
• Is this food good for me? This feature answers the common question about suitability of various food items for your personal situation. And it does so in an easy to understand and colorful graphic form.
• Recipes. Most popular recipes on leading web sites.
• Health issues often come our way in groups of two or more. They are often caused by other health complications or result in other illnesses and risks. This publication is the only one in the market that (in addition to depression) offers dietary guidance for the COMBINATION of depression and the following most likely health risks or issues: Anxiety, Appetite loss, Cancer risk, Diabetes type-2, Excess weight, Fatigue, Heart disease, High blood pressure, Stress and Vitamin D Deficiency.
• Top-5 items to do or eat, and the top-5 things to avoid.
• Food Suggestions. You can ask for suggestions on the best food choices within a food group, based on your personal profile. An extremely valuable tool when at restaurants or when grocery shopping.
• ACTIONABLE information on what is good, what is bad, and what is neutral for your condition(s). We single out specific food items, and give you an ordered list of helpful and harmful foods within each food group.
• Suggestions on appropriate life style choices, alternative therapies and herbal remedies, when such options are promising and available to you.
The primary sources used by Personal Remedies are US government sources such as USDA (US Department of Agriculture) and NIH (National Institute of Health), and leading clinics & universities.
Personal Remedies is the publisher of the largest collection of health and nutrition apps for chronic conditions in the market. Its patented software & knowledgebase can enable organizations such as healthcare providers to deliver apps for personalized and actionable nutrition guidance to their patients suffering from one or more chronic conditions. Personal Remedies is based in metro-Boston, home to the highest ranking healthcare providers and academic institutions in the world.
The information presented by this app is updated by the author as needed and on an ongoing basis. These database updates do NOT require download of a new version of the app. Supports tablets too.
“Proper nutrition and other alternative treatments show great promise in preventing and treating many of the illnesses that we deal with every day. I encourage all my patients to follow appropriate nutrition and research other options for themselves. The Choose This Not That series are an excellent step towards improving people’s knowledge in this area.”
Shahin Tabatabaei, MD
Mass General Hospital; Harvard Medical School
“The Choose This Not That series of apps provide dietary recommendations focused on common chronic health problems. They are easy to understand and thus easy to implement into daily life. Most doctors would find it difficult to discuss dietary recommendations at the level of detail found in the series. They should serve as a valuable complement in helping people manage chronic illnesses through dietary and lifestyle modifications.”
Andrew S. Lenhardt, MD
Lahey Clinic, Hamilton, MA
“Choose This Not That series represent a very comprehensive yet easy to understand guidelines for how we can improve our health through nutrition and the daily choices that we make.”
Morad M. Tehrani, MD