Please note that this application still in a beta verson.
This applications helps sailors to keep their logbook accurate and up-to-date. Different trips can be managed by this application. The route can be shown on the map and detailed log can be maintained. The device's sensors are used to fill as much as possible automatically.
First you need to create a trip. As soon as a trip is created the application will automatically track your sailing route in a configurable interval. This functionality can be paused and resumed any time.
For detailed log you should add log entries manually. In manual log entries you can fill out details, e.g., weather conditions, sea, sky, engine state. For faster and more detailed log there are some shortcuts available in the home screen where a weather change or engine on and off switches can be logged. This will create a partial log entry keeping your logbook detailed.
Icons: http://icons4android.com/, Weezle Weather Icons
Visualize navigation data on your phone or tablet: position, SOG, COG, speed, heading, apparent wind, true wind, ground wind, VMG, Beaufort force, depth, water temperature, UTC time. (A NMEA 2000® or a NMEA 0183 WiFi adaptor is required to receive NMEA data. SeaWi decodes NMEA 2000® and NMEA 0183 data received in TPC, UDP Unicast and Multicast packets).
You can also use the built-in GPS of your device to show position, SOG, COG and UTC time.
SeaWi decodes AIS information and allows you to visualize AIS target information on your phone or tablet: AIS target name and MMSI, AIS target position, AIS target SOG, AIS target COG, distance and bearing from your vessel, heading, rate of turn, length, beam, draft, IMO, Callsign. SeaWi shows AIS targets on the chart and triggers alarms for dangerous AIS targets or AIS target lost. (An AIS receiver and a NMEA 2000® or a 38400 baud NMEA 0183 WiFi adaptor; or a WiFi AIS receiver is required to receive AIS info).
You can select your buddies and keep track of them.
SeaWi allows you to program multiple alarms: anchor alarms, depth alarms (shallow water alarm, deep water alarm), alarm of lost data (depth data lost, heading data lost, position data lost, apparent wind data lost) and AIS alarms (dangerous AIS target, lost AIS target).
You can create a track tapping the Create new track button from the Track View. The tracks are saved and may be visualized at any time.
You may configure the time period or the distance between track point creation and the number of viewed points at high resolution.
You may continue a saved track whenever you need it.
You can create a waypoint tapping and holding on a chart position. Once the waypoint dialog appears you can modify the waypoint position and place the waypoint at your vessel’s position or at a position of your choosing. You can mark the waypoint with six different symbols: generic waypoint, anchorage waypoint, diving waypoint, fishing waypoint, dangerous waypoint and MOB waypoint. You may add a photo to your preferred waypoints.
Man Over Board (MOB)
You can create a Man Over Board waypoint with only one click (menu MOB). Your vessel's position and UTC time and date will be automatically saved. You can manage the MOB mark as a waypoint from waypoints view.
The SMS Service allows you to receive SMS messages when an alarm is activated. If you are anchored and you are not on board you can program alarms (anchor alarm, depth alarm, dangerous AIS target alarm or lost data alarm) and receive them on your phone. When not on board you can schedule SMS messages at certain intervals of time and receive navigational data from your vessel on your phone.
SeaWi NMEA forwarding
You can forward all navigation and AIS data where you need them. Forward NMEA data to other tablets and phones on your boat. Forward NMEA data remotely and use SeaWi app to visualize the same navigational and AIS data as if you where aboard.
Log Trip and Simulation Mode
You can record navigational data of your trip and recover them later to review your trip in Simulation Mode.
Off-line OpenSeaMaps charts of the entire world are available. Currently charts of Europe, North America, Mediterranean Sea, Black Sea, Caribbean, Australia, New Zealand, Pacific and North Africa are available. Charts of the rest of the world will be available soon.
OpenSeaMap is an open source, worldwide project to create a free nautical chart. In 2009, OpenSeaMap came into life. This map includes beacons, buoys and other navigation aids. OpenSeaMap is a subproject of OpenStreetMap and uses its database.
SENSE brings all Sailingtools in one App. Your digital Logbook creates entries not only with your position but with maritime data in real-time. Enter your waypoints and the compass is showing immediately the direction to it. For a relaxing sleep on board you activate the anchor alarm to ensure, your boat is not leaving its position. In addition you see your board electronics data (NMEA 0183 via WiFi) on your smartphone
If you combine with WATCH, your Smartphone will turn into a sensor and transmits data (incl. NMEA 0183 via WiFi) onto a web platform. Your friends can watch your cruise in rea-time incl. all logbook entries. If you install a smartphone on your boat, you can watch position, course, shock, speed and board electronics data (NMEA 0183 via WiFi) remotely wherever you are. It is very easy to create areas (Geofences) and get notifications if your boats are leaving or entering these area, planning of hand-overs, check the status of your boat remotely or get notified if boats are still correct anchored.
Smartphone on your cruise is all that you need: Logbook, Compass, Waypoints, Anchor-Alarm, Bord Electronics Data, Tracking
- All tools in one App: Logbook, Compass, Waypoints, Anchor-Alarm
- WiFi connectivity to Board Electronics Data (NMEA 0183 via WiFi)
- Together with WATCH you can turn every Smartphone into a sensor and watch events on your boat remotely
- Professional functions like Geofences, events, and notifications for multiple boats or users
- Manage your own boat or a complete fleet
- Cross-platform tracking for iOS, Android and FireOS
More information, manuals and videos on www.frjsh.com
Terms and condition can be found here: http://frjsh.com/EN/content/imprint/
Record your sailing trips, while you are sailing.
You can also add photos and comments to your track while sailing.
The app uploads your trip data to your free account at www.keepsailing.net, for you to re-experience the sailing trip whenever you wish.
You can also share the sailing trip with friends and family, even live while you are sailing.
Requires a free account at http://www.keepsailing.net.
Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. We recommend using a charger while tracking during long trips.
Using Augmented Navigation, zoom out on the map feature to see all the maritime access sites and touch the point to see their name and location. Stay in map view as you travel and your phone will track your progress as you approach the site. Or, use the 'view' feature as you approach your POI, touch the mark to see the name, location and distance from your location.
*Ensure you phone is stored in a water proof case with a flotation device to prevent loss or damage.
It lets you stablish a safety zone around your anchor and activate an alarm that will alert you in case your ship leaves that zone at any given time (very common situation when anchor drifting occurs or the chain breaks). You will be able to see where the boat is located on the map at any moment, which is very useful if it is dark or visibility is reduced.
The safety zone can be set just indicating a radius.
In PRO version, you can also specify an aditional ??exclusion sector in that area to detect, for example, changes in wind direction that could put our boat at risk if, for example, the coast is positioned itself to leeward.
Sailsafe has been designed to maximize the safety after anchoring. Therefore, once the alarm is activated, not only the position of the ship is checked, but also the level of the battery in the mobile device or the state of the GPS signal. If any of these parameters fails, then the app will produce an audible alarm to inform about the specific problem. Thus, after setting the alarm you can relax and trust Sailsafe. It will be watching for you.
- Run in the background, which is safer and save battery power.
- Main screen shows useful information:
1. Current position (latitude, longitude and accuracy of the measure).
2. Current security radius.
3. Current drift.
- Graphically and easily set a security zone with optional exclusion sector. (The exclusion sector is only allowed in pro version).
- Wind forecast included (48h). You will be warned if the boat is going to be out of the security zone due to a wind change.
- The ship and the security zone are always shown over a map with optional satellite view.
- Access the main menu from the notification bar once the alarm is set (easy access).
- Once the alarm has been set, you can adjust the anchor position in case it is not correct. Just indicate the actual bearing (read it from the compass) and estimated distance between the ship and the anchor (surface distance).
- Option to ignore the current volume of the device and set it to the max when the alarm is triggered.
- Option to set a minimum battery level. When reached, the alarm is triggered.
- Option to call a phone number when the alarm is triggered.
- Remote commands (only pro):
1. An incoming call from a defined phone will reset the alarm.
2. Send a SMS with the word STATUS to the on board device and it will respond with another SMS containing useful information about the location of the ship.
- After one minute without GPS signal, the alarm is triggered. It is assumed that the device has no GPS signal.
- Option to set the measurement unit (feet or meters).
- Three modes of operation:
1. Normal. GPS readings every 10 seconds. Simple algorithm to discard odd positions. (Save battery when the device is not charging).
2. Fine. GPS readings every 2 seconds. Complex averaging algorithm based on accuracy and time of the last 10 GPS readings to discard odd positions making the whole system smooth and robust. More power consumption (Only pro version).
3. Continuous. GPS readings every 1 second. Same algorithm as in fine mode. Optimus for adverse weather conditions. More power consumption (Only pro version).
- When re-enabling alarm, if ship moved less than 150 meters, you can opt between keeping last anchor position (useful after a false alarm) or using the actual GPS reading.
- If alarm is not set, you could use the map window as a navigation assistant (e.g. when it is foggy). Keep in mind that the device does not act as a radar and can not detect other boats. Use it at your own risk.
Simply set your drift limit and activate the alarm when the anchor is dropped.
Keep Anchored will monitor your drift, the GPS signal and your battery status, and sound the alarm if they exceed your limits. Monitoring runs in the background.
You can follow your position on the interactive map, and even change your settings while the alarm is active.
The 10 last positions will be shown as long as you stay within the limit, if you drift outside only your boats current position will be shown.
If you leave the boat while anchored you can set Keep Anchored up to send a text message to another phone if one of the alarms are triggered. Please note that your standard message charges will apply.
Should you have any suggestions or comments regarding the app please don't hesitate to contact us.
Please note that the GPS performance depends on your hardware and satelite reception. If you experience poor signal quality try to move the device to a location with better reception.
Using the GPS increases your battery consumption, and we suggest that you charge the phone while using the app for extended periods of time.
nv charts‘ intuitive navigation app provides dynamic navigation experience using all
tools and seamless chart display so you can navigate safely and enjoy nv charts‘ superior
up-to-date cartography and geocontent.
Chart data are constantly updated and reliable, and available even offline.
Plus, the nv-charts app will be continuously developed
and updated for you.
n.v charts App · features:
- offline navigation
- Reads / accesses all nv charts
- Simple download of charts
- Data is always up-to-date
- Synchronized navigation with other mobile units
- Seamless zoom and panning functions
- Intuitive route planning
- Tracking and logbook
- Positioning with both GPS and cellular signals
- Harbor Pilot · NV. Pedia
- Lighthouse sketches
- Service Display of instruments
- online weather
- Tide prediction
- improved menu structure
- higher resolution setting available
- search near me – all information around your location
The challenge when sailing to windward is to know how high to point into the wind.
When pointing higher, the boat goes slower, but there is less distance to travel. On the other side, when pointing lower (from the wind), the boat goes faster, but the distance is longer. The trick is to find the optimum angle, that balances speed with distance. And that is what NaWi does for you.
Once the optimal route is calculated it is displayed on the map. With simple dragging of tacking point you can adjust the route (e.g. to avoid collision with dangerous navigation points or visit interesting places). Once you are ok with route, NaWi will navigate you to follow your optimal route.
Navigation screen is designed to provide all essential information in readable form even in hard sailing conditions. The rotating compass over the map shows the optimal course, speed, course value, time to destination and time to tack are also displayed. Everything in one place, but easily visible.
Your optimal route is projected on the Open Sea Maps. These can be downloaded to your device in time when you have Wi-Fi connectivity and then used offline during the sailing.
There are no additional purchases in NaWi and you have full functionality available after download.
NaWi was made by sailors for sailors. We are sailing enthusiasts and we made NaWi first for us to improve our sailing technique. After realizing how beneficially it is we decided to offer it commercially. We believe it will help you sailing faster and plan your trips more precisely.
AVAILABLE MAPS: Territorial and contiguous waters of Ireland, United Kingdom, Germany (Wadden Sea), Netherlands, France (Atlantic ocean, Mediterrian Sea), Spain (Atlantic ocean, Mediterrian Sea), Portugal, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece, Turkey, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Denmark.
- FREE Offline maps available; no need to have internet connection during sailing
- Optimal route calculation based on the wind direction
- Working for all wind directions (Close hauled, Beam reach, Running)
- Apparent or True wind speed and direction entry possible
- Use compass heading of the device or enter wind direction directly from external device
- Support for selecting alternative route (port/starboard tack) or adjusting the tack/jibe point to avoid obstructions
- Calculation optimized for different type of boats
- Fast and easy usage in the sailboat environment
- Navigation screen optimized for rough conditions on the sea
- Possibility of loading different map than actual location of device; could be used for trip planning in different country
- Battery saving mode for longer mobile device operating capabilities
- No need for additional in-app purchases, full functionality available
Rechner für Seekarten-Navigation. Ideales Hilfsmittel für die Sportbootführerschein (SBF)- oder SKS-Prüfung. Neben den wichtigsten Formeln finden Sie ergänzende Beschreibungen und Hilfetexte zum Hintergrund der einzelnen Parameter.
Die Vorteile der App KartenWerft NavGo im Überblick:
• digitale Navigation mit der kostenlosen NavGo (SOG, COG und POS) für Segel- und Motorboot
• diverse Navigationsfunktionen mit Upgrade auf NavPro (€ 29,99) wie Markierungen, Tracking, Wegpunkte, Messwerkzeug und MOB
• inklusive 365-Tage RevierService (Aktualisierungen für RevierHinweise, KartenUpdates und RevierMeldungen) ab Freischaltung der See- und BinnenKarten Digital für das jeweilige Revier
• RevierMeldungen enthalten tagesaktuelle Mitteilungen zu zeitlich begrenzten wie auch dauerhaften Einschränkungen für Sportboote
• RevierHinweise umfassen Informationen zu Gewässern, Liegemöglichkeiten, Bootstankstellen, Schleusen und Klappbrücken
• Push-Meldungen bei wichtigen Ereignissen
• eine App für Smartphone und Tablet PC
• Die Berechtigung "Ihr Standort" wird für die Navigationsfunktion benötigt.
• Die Berechtigung "Speicher" wird zur Hinterlegung der digitalen Karten und RevierInformationen in Ihrem internen Gerätespeicher benötigt.
• Die Berechtigung "Netzwerkkommunikation" wird für die Aktualisierung der digitalen Karten und RevierInformationen benötigt.
• Die Berechtigung "Anrufe" wird für die Installation der digitalen Karten, bei Verwendung der Gerätekennung, auf Ihrem Gerät benötigt.
• Die Berechtigung "Ihre Konten" wird für die Installation der digitalen Karten und den Empfang von Push-Meldungen benötigt.
Wir danken OSMdroid für das Kartenframework (©http://code.google.com/p/osmdroid/) sowie SQL-Cipher für die Verschlüsselung der Karten (©http://sqlcipher.net/).
App for sailors, yachts and boats, containing
a set of nautical applications:
- Magnetic Compass
- Speedometer in knots, mph or km/h, Course over Ground
- Mark or edit waypoint
- Distance measurement in nautical miles and meters. Also useful for anchoring.
- Course to Waypoint
All in large, high contrast characters
Free Beta program ends on April 30, 2015!
Please send us your usage feedback, ideas for new features and especially found bugs to firstname.lastname@example.org!
YOUR LOCATION->FINE (GPS) LOCATION
This is one of the basic features of the app.
NETWORK COMMUNICATION->FULL INTERNET ACCESS
Needed for downloading Google Maps.
STORAGE->MODIFY/DELETE USB STORAGE CONTENTS MODIFY/DELETE SD CARD CONTENTS
Needed for writing the .GPX files onto the SD card.
SYSTEM TOOLS->PREVENT DEVICE FROM SLEEPING
When you turn off your phone's screen, the app does not stop recording your track. All your trackpoints will be memorized as expected.
YOUR ACCOUNTS->DISCOVER KNOWN ACCOUNTS
The app request access to the user's email. This is a free BETA feature, the free BETA version will be active only until May 1st 2013. On the Welcome screen you are informed that the only way to proceed to using the app is if you agree to share your email information with us, otherwise you may cancel and the information will not be collected. The permission is there so the user doesn't have to type the email, he/she just taps the "Continue" button. We need your email because while the app is in the free BETA state, the feedback from users and getting to know your needs is crucial.
DEFAULT->MODIFY BATTERY STATISTICS
This is a permission you must request if your app needs to read battery statistics. One of the features of the app is to always show the exact percentage of the battery remaining and the estimated battery lifetime left.
GPS-Mate is for outdoor enthusiasts and adventure travellers. Opposed to other apps GPS-Mate uses its own map engine for showing online maps, saving and using them offline. Worldwide special maps and self-scanned maps are supported for many different projections.
Professionals use the PC version too.
Use online, topographic and scanned maps, aerial and sat photos. Save own maps for use without network. Navigate and manage tours (GPX,KML,LOC), record own tracks and Point-Of-Interests and plan new tours.
See height/speed profiles. Find your contacts and places in the maps. Send your location and meeting point(SMS).
The roadbook navigation leads you to your outdoor destination.
+ Trip computer for biker.
+ Compatible PC version for pre- and post-processing.
+ Languages: German/English
+ Tour formats: GPX, KML, TUR, LOC
+ Map formats: Online maps, GMM, NMAP, self scanned and calibrated JPG and PNG
+ Maps from bsmap.de
+ nv.digital sea charts from NV Verlag
+ Units: metric, imperial, nautical
+ Coordinates: WGS84, UTM, Gauß-Krüger
+ Easy usage via Quick Start screen
+ Tablet optimized
=== Android permissions ===
For what requires GPS-Mate permissions in Android:
Fine GPS location: GPS-Mate shows your location in the maps using GPS.
Read contact data: You can send your location or a meeting point as SMS text message. You choose the recipient from your address book.
Send SMS messages: To use the function explained above you can send a position SMS.
Receive SMS: If you receive a position SMS, it is automatically processed and the info is shown in the map.
Read phone state: To use the SMS function GPS-Mate needs to know the phone state.
Full internet access: With GPS-Mate you can watch and store online maps from the internet.
Storage: You can record your own tours and save them to the SD card.
Record audio: For navigating outdoor you can prepare individual spoken hints for your waypoints. While on tour GPS-Mate is playing these automatically. The spoken hints are an important orientation and navigation feature without looking at the map.
System tools: If you have disabled GPS in the system settings and want to activate GPS within GPS-Mate it asks whether it should open the system settings. You can then easily access and control your settings. Also GPS-Mate has a setting to keep the screen on when it is running in the foreground. So you do not have to change the system settings yourself.