What started as the final Hangman project of O'Reilly's Android 1: Introduction to Mobile Application Development, has grown out to a fully fledged word guessing game with multiple themes, levels, hints and bonuses.
Why monkeys? I found it a more gentle idea to free a monkey than to hang somebody. This way I could also put some creativity into designing my own graphics.
- 5 themes (in order of difficulty): cities, (famous) people, movies, music, books
- each theme has a relevant hint (cities -> country, people -> known for, movies -> director, music -> famous album, books -> author/country
- 5 levels with increasing complexity (last two levels have a timer for instance)
- rewarding systems with extra points if not using the hint, 0 faults or seconds left (in advanced levels)
- share option for your achievements
- no annoying ads, you can play this game without unsolicited interruptions.
Full readme at:
(also accessible via the help button/option in the app)