BookBites is a digital school library and personalized reading app. With a focus on the good digital reading experience BookBites motivates students to read more and allows teachers to give targeted guidance.
Log in with your UNI-Login and sign up for a free trial to BookBites. Using the trial you get access to the ten thousands of books and learn how the digital reading experience unfolds in BookBites. You can also follow your reading progression and see how the teacher gets an automatic overview of the students’ reading skills.
Note: With the free trial you can read about 10 % of the each book. To get the entire experience of BookBites your school must sign up for full access.
WHAT IS BOOKBITES?
With BookBites, thousands of digital books from large and smaller publishers are divided up into time-based segments, or “bites.” The amount and length of these bites automatically adapt to suit the student’s individual reading level and speed. BookBites tracks reading statistics and provides each student with a history of their own progress.
For the teacher BookBites provides continuous and precise insight into overall class reading skills and reading habits, along with data on completed and in-progress books. By clicking on a particular student, teachers can see individual statistics, allowing for targeted guidance.
FEATURES FOR THE STUDENT:
• Log in with UNI-Login
• For students in primary school BookBites extends the digital reading experience in a universe that keeps you motivated to read more.
• The Bookworm makes the perfect recommendation for your next book based on your level, reading habits and interests.
• Thousands of books to choose from - no matter interests or reading level.
• The books are divided up into palatable “bites”, which automatically adapt to suit your reading level and speed.
• You receive a graphic overview of each book, allowing you to visualize all bites and chapters to see just how much time a particular book will take you to read.
•The Bookworm rewards you for your reading and helps you manage your next goal.
• Follow your progression under “My Reading” on a weekly, monthly or yearly basis.
FEATURES FOR THE TEACHER:
• Log in with UNI-Login
• Let your students get inspired in a digital universe that motivates them to read more.
• Use BookBites for independent reading and reading in class. The students are recommended books based on reading level and interests. It is also possible to search the entire catalogue.
• Use BookBites when looking for course material. Choose between thousands of books from large and smaller publishers.
• Follow the students’ reading level and progression. BookBites provides continuous and precise insight into overall class reading skills and reading habits, along with data on completed and in-progress books.
• BookBites makes it easy to do a teacher changeover. BookBites ensures that the teacher who takes over, receives meaningful accurate information about each student.
BookBites is developed with support from the Danish Ministry of Children, Education and Equality, The Ministry of Finance and The Association of Local Governments, Denmark.
By putting the user and positive reading experiences at the center of our work, we are constantly developing present and coming features.
If you have problems using the app or if you have questions and comments - please contact us using https://bookbites.com/support