LifeHacker: "Plenty of apps save your battery life, but this one takes the idea to a whole new level"
During deepsleep mode, Wifi, 3G are turned off, background apps are stopped. Therefore, most apps are not working, including Facebook, Google Service, etc,. It then constantly wakes up in order to download email, sync Facebook status, etc,. It's defined by deepsleep frequency and woke up duration
In advanced mode (PRO), you can customize more parameters, including day/night settings, active period, screen timeout, sync strategy, ignored apps, etc,
☆ 5 pre-defined profiles: Gentle, Balance, Strong, Aggressive, Slumberer. They varies on frequency, duration and other settings. The former is less disruptive, but save less battery and vise versa
☆ Custom profile (PRO) - for advanced users. If you need more customization, select this profile and modify it
☆ Custom profile settings
- Separate between weekday vs weekend settings
- Frequency: device is turned on DS mode at a selected frequency
- Duration: device is woke up after for a selected duration after a each frequency cycle
- Wileless & network: control radio setting during DS on
- Sync: Control sync strategy and sync account, auto-sync
- Apps: Select apps that will be stopped during DS on
- CPU: Process twist - root only
- Night period: During this period, device is always in DS mode
☆ General settings
- Screen off delay: a short delay before DS start. This option is used to avoid quick screen toggles
- Whitelist: Apps are always ignored when DS on, such as online music player
- Ingored recent apps: ignore recent apps
- Use APN settings: twist 3G/4G/mobile data toggler
- Check background data: If selected, it will ignore DS mode if traffic is above a defined threshold
- Traffic threshold & traffic sampling frequency
☆ Tasker plugin, Locale plugin
☆ During deep sleep mode on, this app may disrupt your normal activities, such as your email notification comes with larger delay
☆ If your setting (ex. Wifi) is off, DS Battery Saver does not control it during DS mode on
☆ Tiếng Việt
"I'm sleeping" will automatically set your phone to silent mode during the night.
- white list: let a selected group of people from your contacts bypass sleep mode (favorites, all, none or specific group)
- call through: optionally lets anyone calling repeatedly reach you
- nap mode: use the widget to manually set for how long you plan to sleep
- weekend mode: set a different schedule for weekends
- optionally disables the LED during the night
Fast and easy to use! You can now sleep happily without anyone disturbing you.
There's now a Google+ community for support, beta versions and discussions: https://plus.google.com/communities/102374013844717724615
This application applies an overlay filter that acts as a dimmer to darken the screen and ensure your eyes don't hurt. 😎
▶ Use Cases ◀
- Prevent your eyes from hurting when the screen is too bright
- Low light (In bed, theatre, cinema, ..) usage for reading, browsing, texting or gaming
- Disable hardware or soft buttons backlight
- If you have an AMOLED display, you can also save battery!
▶ Permissions ◀
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: To show the dimmer overlay
- INTERNET and ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: To send anonymous statistics and bug reports (you can disable them completely in the settings) and to show the ad (yeah, just one :-)
Send me an Email if you have any problem, questions or suggestions!
Note that mobile data can no longer be controlled via 3rd party applications in Android 5.0, and thus the Disable mobile data setting no longer works on Android 5.0. If your intent is only to quiet down your device you should be able to accomplish this with the built-in Interruptions settings.
Turn your phone on silent mode for a period of time.
When you silence your phone by using the volume buttons you'll be able to tell when the ringer will be back on.
Useful when going to a movie, attending a meeting or when sleeping. Simply set the phone to automatically come out of the silent mode afterwards.
- extremely intuitive and easy to use
- can be launched by using the volume buttons
- silence for a given period or until a given time
- possibility to put the phone in silent mode indefinitely
Silence your phone for a while!
Don't miss calls anymore. Let the app remember when to go out of silent mode.
- GET_TASKS (retrieve running apps): In specific scenarios some applications are intentionally muting the ringer. Silent Mode needs to know if those applications are running so it's not interfering with them.
We cannot respond to user reviews. For general inquiries or to report bugs please contact as by email.
Visit us at http://silentmo.de
Are you tired of waking up in the middle of the night because you got a new text message or phone call?
Silent Hours will mute the audio on your device every day during the periods you set.
Additional options for when sound is muted:
- Mute games, music etc.
- Enable vibration
- Lock the volume to muted, to avoid accidental changes
- Lower brightness to desired level (saves previous level)
- Disable the notification light
- Unmute the sound on incoming call. The sound will be muted again when the call is ended
You can also choose to mute games and music, as well as to enable vibration.
The service keeps running even if you reboot your device.
You can also set a quick mute period, for unscheduled events.
Please note that if you set audio to be muted or reenabled before the current time, this will be done at the time you set, the next day.
Want to become a beta tester? Great! Start by joining this community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/104836627274390925054
For suggestions about added and altered functionality and bug reports, please use mail (or the dedicated community) rather than setting low score reviews, this makes it easier for me to overview and enables me to reply to you.
Languages: English, Swedish, Russian (thanks to ViNNNtalik@XDA), German (thanks to dert07)
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Needed to start service when device starts
READ_PHONE_STATE: Needed to detect incoming calls to temporarily reenable sound
WRITE_SETTINGS: Needed to set display brightness setting
Keywords: Silence, silent, quiet, mode, night, sleep, mute
**Android 5.0 Lollipop is mostly fixed. I have no way to set the priority, so this is the best it gets for now.
This is designed to match my Simple Call Forwarding widget as well as the Signals Widget.
This application is included with my other toggles in my Premium Widget pack available for purchase in one convenient download!
HOW TO ADD: Long-press on the home screen -> Add Widget -> Silent Mode Widget.
Silent! can automatically enable or disable your mobile's silent mode through a simple and friendly interface.
Let the Silent! be part of your routine and never again find yourself in an awkward situation because your phone started ringing at classes, workplace, movie theaters, meetings and even at bedtime. With Silent! you will be able to:
- Set your phone's weekly ring schedule;
- Select places at which your mobile phone should not ring;
- Add exceptions for important callers;
- Silence your phone at a specific time;
- Perform an automatic backup;
And all it takes is just a few taps.
Languages: Chinese, English, French, Greek, Portuguese (Brazil) and Russian.
*Extra feature can be bought within the application.
Besides all these features, you still have a support team ready to assist you and listen your suggestions by E-mail, Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
Android Lollipop 5.0+ users please note that the introduction of Priority Mode means that switching to silent may not work correctly on all devices and in this case the app will switch between sound, priority and vibrate modes.
Custom icons can be used and in the current release need to be manually copied to the correct location which for most devices is:
Currently files must be a PNG image file and named accordingly:
Android version 5.0.x (Lollipop) removed the total silent mode, so until Google bring it back user with Android 5.0.x may not be able to enable the full silent mode.
Change your phone ring mode with just one tap! Select from sound, vibrate or silent mode by just tapping this widget in your home screen.
- Works with most Lollipop devices
- Small icon, keep your awesome wallpaper visible;
- Takes just one cell from your home screen (1x1);
- Simple and clean!
- Choose between transparent background or solid white.
#HOW TO USE IT
Long-press on the home screen >>> Add Widget >>> Select "Silent Mode Toggle" >>> Tap it!
The Internet Access permission is needed only for the small ad banner that is shown only when you open the app. It will never show any other kind of ads anywhere else.
This Xposed module will restore the good old silent mode from Kitkat in Lollipop.
✔️ Brings back the silent mode we came to love in previous Android versions (no sound, no vibration)
✔️ Comes with an optional statusbar icon when the device is in silent mode (Pro)
✔️ Comes with a Freeload option in case you can't afford the in-app-purchase
✔️ Has an "Allow Alarms" option to keep alarms enabled in the "None" interruption mode as Lollipop silences them by default
✔️ Keeps LED notifications intact
✔️ Re-enables (most) apps and widgets to set up the silent mode, e.g. Power Toggles or my STFU Silent Mode widget
✔️ Tasker support
The missing silent mode has been one of the most discussed issues after the release of Android 5.0.
There are various workarounds but this app is the only real fix for the issue.
The most popular workaround is to disable all priority interruptions and use the Priority option to substitute the silent mode.
But using this module you can:
✔️ Use the Priority mode for it's actual use: to allow certain notifications and block others
✔️ Have LED Notifications in Silent Mode in Android 5.0 (Google fixed this in Android 5.1)
By installing this app and activating the module in the Xposed installer you will be able to use the Silent mode as in prevous versions of Android: By putting your device into the Vibrate mode and pressing Volume Down.
In silent mode you will still receive all notifications (contrary to the new None or Priority mode), but there won't be a sound or vibration, just a silent LED or ambient display notification.
The pro version of this app will allow you to display a statusbar icon when the device is in silent mode.
You can't buy or afford the in app purchase? Fret not! I'm offering you a "Freeload" option in the app which enables all pro features without paying a dime!
(Although I would be very happy if you decide to support the further development of this module in the future, of course).
Additionally this module offers you to get rid of another Lollipop quirk once and for all: You can allow alarms.
By default Lollipop blocks your alarms when your device is in the "None" mode. While Google introduced a workaround in 5.1 which wil disable the mode prior to ringing the Alarm, this option allows you to just set and forget your device to None. No more fear of missing an alarm in the morning!
The module supports Android 5.0 and higher.
For Android 5.1 you need to make sure to use Xposed alpha 20150514 or newer!
If you have any issues or don't understand the purpose of this module please contact me first before leaving any bad review.
No silent mode - Google AOSP bug tracker:
- Download the app
- Activate the module in the Xposed Insaller
- Reboot your device
- Open the app to customize it's settings
🔇 🔈 🔉 🔊
Switches from normal to silent/mute just by clicking the app icons.
From silent/mute to vibrate again just by clicking the app icon. And finally from vibrate to normal just by... ;)
If your device has no vibrator, this app simply toggles between normal and silent/mute.
!!! Your current sound profile can be seen in the title bar!!!
Ad-free, does not need any §$"§$% permissions
Not tested on tablets yet...but soon!
I'm a new developer so please comment! :)
To add widget press: Home>Menu>Add>Widget>Silent Mode Toggle
** Unfortunately due to a complete change in how silent mode works in Android 5.0 Lollipop, as well as other framework changes which causes Silence to crash, this version of Silence is only compatible with Android versions up to and including Android 4.4 KitKat. We will be releasing an all-new version of Silence for Lollipop once we get our hands on it. Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for all of your continued support. **
With this app, never again will you have to worry about silencing your phone during that important meeting, or even missing calls and texts later in the day because you forgot to turn the volume back up. Simply put in your schedule, choose your toggles, and forget about it. Let us do all the work for you.
- Simple, intuitive Holo-themed interface
- Schedule events that occur once, or repeat on certain days of the week
- ...or, use your events from the calendar on your device*!
- Change your ringer, notifications**, media, or alarm volumes over scheduled intervals
- Turn Wi-fi, Bluetooth, mobile data***, and airplane mode**** on and off
- Change your settings back automatically when the scheduled event ends
The permissions requested are required to be able to change the state of your phone automatically. The ad-supported, free version of Silence uses internet permissions only to display advertisements. We do not collect any data from you.
Feel free to contact us with any suggestions, concerns, or feedback! If one of the toggles isn't working for you, please send us an email with your phone model and Android version so we can fix it!
* Calendar support only in Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and up. We are working on support for older devices!
** Notification volume and ringer volume are combined in Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and up. If you are running a custom ROM which splits them back into separate volumes, check the appropriate option in the settings menu to set each volume separately.
*** Mobile data toggling is only supported on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and up. This toggle is in BETA so unfortunately does not support the "change back" option for now. If you find this toggle does not work on your device, please email us with your phone model and Android version so we can fix it!
*** Airplane mode is not supported in Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean r2) and up.
Things to look forward to:
- The ability to select "all events," "busy/available" events, or events with certain keywords on specific calendars
- The ability to create preset toggle profiles
- The ability to "whitelist" certain contacts, so that their calls always come through no matter what the phone is set to
- A homescreen widget which allows for quick activation of a preset profile
- An option for 24-hour format
- Other suggestions from our users!
** Unfortunately, we cannot support GPS toggling on any Android version nor airplane mode on 4.2+. Access to these settings are restricted to system apps, even when rooted. **
tags: silence, ringer, notification, notifications, alarm, media, music, game, volume, silent, vibrate, mode, blue, tooth, bluetooth, wi, fi, wi-fi, wifi, airplane, data, mobile, 4g, 3g, 2g, automatic, automatically, google, calendar, interval, time, schedule, scheduler, scheduled, toggle, setting, settings, time, silencer