Sri Lanka GPS Map is an accurate and completely OFFLINE navigation app that provides the user with turn-by-turn navigation throughout the country.
Once the app is installed and your map data is downloaded onto your Android device, unlike Google Maps you’ll have the freedom to explore using thousands of detailed POI’s (points of interest) including hotels, restaurants, tourist attractions, etc without worrying about expensive data plans while traveling.
GPSeTravelguides’s maps are updated on a regular basis to provide the user with the best offline maps in the industry, and updates are always free to you!
• Navigation from current position to destination
• 2D and 3D navigation views
• Thousands of searchable Points of Interest (many with phone/email/website/etc info!)
• Detailed geographic features including buildings, lakes, parks, golf, cemeteries, etc
• Fastest and shortest route calculation
• Distance to next turn
• Turn arrow for easier navigation
• Current speed
• Automatic route recalculation
• Custom location saving and searching
• Smooth panning and increased detail with pinch zoom
• Custom favorites / Point of Interest input and search
• POI search - Alphabetical & Distance search
• Ability to navigate to both points of interest and roads
• FREE UPDATES (development of app features is ongoing)
Support and feedback:
We are looking for feedback from users on how we can make the GPS Map better. If you encounter any issues, please send us a note at email@example.com and we'll help you sort it out.
Visit us at www.gpsetravelguides.com to learn more about us. We're passionate about adventure and maps.
Where will you adventure?
Walking tours included in this application are:
* Religious Sights, Part 1 (8 sights)
* Religious Sights, Part 2 (8 sights)
* Cultural Venues (8 sights)
* Shopping in Colombo (7 sights)
* Fort and Pettah (9 sights)
* Nightlife in Colombo (7 sights)
* Remarkable Landmarks (9 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app is optimized for Android phone and tablet.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported on device without built-in GPS function).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
With TOURIAS Travel Guides you always have all the important information to hand when travelling. And all this in over 120 travel destinations.
Whether you’re at home on the couch, out and about at your holiday destination or even after the trip, the TOURIAS Travel Guide gives you useful tips for your holiday or your business trip. It makes no difference if you’re visiting the sights, discovering great restaurants or going out to the trendiest clubs.
And the TOURIAS Travel Guides also offer a lot more:
• Complimentary offline maps and complete offline use without expensive roaming fees
• MyGuide: take photos, write text and save it all. Of course, you can also share your personal experiences on Facebook
• Tour Tickets: you can book alternative tours from locals directly and in doing so, explore your travel destination in a truly special way
• Augmented Reality: discover the hotspots of your holiday destination via the camera on your Smartphone/Tablet
• GPS use – where am I?
• “Nearby” Function – where’s the next restaurant?
• Upgrade: the optional upgrade allows the guide to be completely free of advertising
Further TOURIAS Travel Guides for lots of interesting travel destinations can be also be found easily via this app. Simply select the desired destination under “Further Destinations” and you will be linked automatically to the app store.
We hope you enjoy using this free travel guide. We very happy to receive your feedback, information about the travel destination, your wishes and suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discover sights like Elephant orphanage in Pinnawela, Sigiriya, Aukana Buddha, Negombo, Galle, Colombo, Dambulla, Anuradhapura, Adam's Peak, Kataragama, Nuware Eliya, Victor Hasselblad Turtle Hatchery, Kandy, Polonnaruwa, Tsunami Honganji Viharaya, Matara, Peradeniya Botanical Gardens, Sinharaja Forest Reserve, Brief Garden
* 2500+ points of interests
* Latest pictures of attractions
* GPS and directions
* City Map view for easy planning
* Nearby point of interest finder
* List by distance or map view
* Nearby hotels in map view
All you need to plan and discover Sri Lanka on the go.
Not work with android 2.1 (Force close)
Are you planing to visit Sri Lanka in this Cricket World Cup 2011 Season? or are you planing to visit Sri Lanka for a holiday?
Then here is a small app which will guide you to visit beautiful places in Sri Lanka with their locations.
Tourism is one of the main industries in Sri Lanka. Major tourist attractions are focused around the island's famous beaches located in the southern and eastern parts of the country, ancient heritage sites located in the interior of the country and lush green resorts located in the mountainous regions of the country. A large majority of tourists come from the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Germany, France, Maldives, Japan, The People's Republic of China, and India.
Whether you are a Sinhala (Sinhalese) or Tamil, English or Burger, Sri Lankan or non Sri Lankan, Buddhist, Catholic, Muslims or Hindu this app will help you.
More locations will be added later..
Discover new places, and browse full featured offline map on your device. Our OFFLINE Map is high resolution, and you can using this map without data roaming, WIFI Connection and hidden costs!
10 LANGUAGES supported:
english, german, french, russian, korean, portuguese, spanish, japanese, italian, chinese
- complete offline map with GPS geolocation (100% offline)
- attractions list with description & photo (offline)
- multilingual city information about transport, food, history, airports and many others information like clima table or eat & events (offline)
- currency converter: euro, british pound, US dollar, chinese Youan, Japanese Yen, Korean Won, Rupee, Russian Ruble (offline)
- multilingual interface
- hotels deals (online module)
- Things to do & trips
- POI finder (like: hotels, restaurants, metro stations, taxi, pubs, pharmacies, parkings, shops, cafe )
- Phrase Book (Tourist dictionary)
Discover cities and places with our offline app. Our Offline Map & Guide provides you with an easy way to find anything.
Browse a full featured offline map on your device and find your way.
- Over 600,000 hikers use our apps (iPhone, And. & BB)
- Social media sharing plugin
- No roaming costs
- Multilingual interface & descriptions
- Available in 10 languages
- Adds free
- Tablet & retina screen ready
- Mutilingual interface and descriptions the best way to explore attractions of the city.
- Simple Currency Converter. Find the currency exchange rates and convert world currencies with our tool.
- Lists of tourist attractions. Complete list with most popular tourist attractions, monuments and landmarks.
- Quick Share. Share your trips, recommend sights and attractions with social media plugin.
- Hotels booking. Search, save, manage & book best hotels and hostels. Find the cheapest rates for hotels worldwide.
- Detailed descriptions. Now you got everything you need in your phone. Detailed descriptions, maps, nearby hotels and things to do around selected place.
- ToDo. Sightseeing tours, attractions, excursions, things to do and fun activities
India (Hindi: भारत), is the largest country in the Indian Subcontinent and shares borders with Pakistan to the west, China and Nepal to the north, Bhutan to the north-east, and Bangladesh and Myanmar to the east. Sri Lanka lies to the south, Maldives to the south-west and Indonesia to the south-east of India in the Indian Ocean.
India is the seventh largest country in the world by area and, with over a billion people, is second only to China in population, although its much higher birthrate makes it likely to reach pole position in less than ten years.
It is an extremely diverse country, with vast differences in geography, climate, culture, language and ethnicity across its expanse, and prides itself on being the largest democracy on Earth.
Almost every navigation software description starts with functions enumeration. In fact Navigation is maps, as everything or almost everything depends on map quality and use conditions. You are satisfied with the navigator just so much as the maps meet your tasks and needs. Usually publishers are “linked” to the data supplier that often determines the navigation quality. Meanwhile there are lots of map data types with different purpose, price, usage conditions, quality, and availability of extra services, based on such data and so on. There are drive aimed maps, as well as maps for pedestrians and bicycles, there are traffic information enabled maps, also there are some maps featuring detailed sightseeing information. All the above maps may be free of charge as well as payment based. The software enables choosing and rating maps from different sources and by different publishers, we have in our catalogue:
★ OSM maps – these are free of charge maps by OpenStreetMap project.
★ HERE maps – these are licensed maps by Nokia.
★ CityGuide maps – these are maps from local map makers; these maps are compiled and brought to the uniform standard. The major part of these maps is regularly revised and features traffic services. License terms and conditions are specified by the data owners and usually provide trial period and in some cases free of charge use in non-navigational mode.
All maps are provided with brief description and rating. You may choose and use maps from different sources; the software built-in catalogue will ensure map coverage of the actual user position. In other words you may simultaneously use different maps for the same country and region choosing those that suit you the best.
Traffic jams, navigational messages and updates
Another important feature of the gps navigator is instant navigational messaging service between drivers. Should you be a witness of a road accident, mobile station of traffic police, danger on the road, traffic jam, you may mark this event on the map. Information about all events will be automatically sent to all drivers of the region. Similarly you receive such messages from other drivers. Besides the software automatically gathers and sends to the server data about vehicle speed while you moving along your route. After this the data is processed on the cloud and sent back to the drivers who are involved in traffic data exchange as a traffic data containing file that enables generation of an optimal route allowing to bypass traffic jams. Some maps support revision service; it means that data about road circulation change, new restricting signs, speed limits etc. automatically received ensuring creation of quickest and safest route.
★ The navigator given with the whole navigational functions to work with a map, route creation, on route driving. You will find more detailed description of the navigator in our Google+ community https://plus.google.com/communities/106961068847641379802 . Here we only mention some key features.
★ The software enables choosing and using maps from different sources. In such a case you can choose the map that suits you the best.
★ The software uses lightweight vector maps and can be used in offline mode without web access. In online mode it generates very little traffic for updates and IM service.
★ The software uses high-efficiency map library featuring high speed rendering, 3D graphics and 3D models.
★ The software quickly generates routes.
★ The software generates the optimal route taking in account revised data and traffic. The driver may choose one of the alternate routes that are also generated by the software.
★ The software features improved search enabling search for address and POI using different criteria: search everywhere, search all, search address, search within region.
★ GeoNET navigator features unique communication functions - Push-To-Talk live chat, you can drive and talk with your friends on a map.
You can entertain queries, give comments feedback, invite your friends to the chat room or create your own chat room. Page admins can answer all questions , record feedback and all.
ChatNow facilitates communication with page admins without the hassle of inboxing your messages and waiting for response!
To add your Facebook chat room to ChatNow contact the developer.
Feel free to add your comments/suggestions/feedback -- Bring your ideas to our knowledge we can bring your ideas to life :)
This app Travobot is a complete travel gadget.
It contains offline city and country maps (however for full functionality stay connected to the internet :),it tells the places worth visiting in any country and the souvenirs to take along.
Travobot has two options:
1-Access your current GPS location and proceed with the country/city details.
to use the GPS option,make sure you have GPS enabled to get the precise results.
2-select manually from a list of available countries.
Enjoy your journey with Travobot :)
P.S: Since imperfection is in mankind's nature therefore suggestions and comments would be appreciated.