Patient safety is important.
More than a million people are treated successfully each day in the NHS.
However, hospitals are very busy and complex places and unfortunately things still do sometimes go wrong. Hospitals and Healthcare staff work very hard to keep you safe and free from harm during your stay in hospital but because patient safety is so very important we are always looking for additional ways to improve what we already do.
ThinkSAFE is a joint approach to support healthcare professionals, patients, their relatives and carers to work together to make sure that patients are as safe as possible whilst in hospital
The ThinkSAFE app is a tool to support the interaction and two-way communication between patients/carers and healthcare professionals. The App has been designed to help you enhance your safety by providing you with a way to:
- Maintain important contact information, such as contact details for yourself, your GP, your emergency contact, and other friends or family involved with your care
- keep track of medication you are taking
- maintain a care diary of reminders, information, questions to ask, and notes about your care
- view helpful information about keeping yourself safe
- view our "Patient Safety" video
- view lists of useful sources of information and contact details for patient support organisations