With this app you can let your device automatically establish bluetooths connection when bluetooth is enabled. It also acts as a Tasker / Locale / LLama Plugin to better cover all your special needs (Connect only if Wifi is disabled). It also supports disconnecting in this mode.
If you use this for tethering, our other App may be useful for you. It must be installed on the device that acts as a internet gateway. The Auto Connect App must be installed on the device where you don't have a regular internet connection (e.g. WIFI only tablet). For instance if you have a Galaxy Nexus and a Nexus 7 Tablet. Auto Tether goes to the Phone and Bluetooth Auto Connect runs on the tablet.
With Version 0.6 we improved compatibility especiallay with A2DP devices. If you still have compatibility issues you can help us getting an overview about what works and what not by filling out this form:
For Galaxy Tab Plus (P6210) users with Android 3.2:
It seems that this app can't connect to other devices because of samsungs own auto connect feature. Users told us that it works with experimental Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwhich firmware!
This app will detect that you are driving within 90 seconds. It will connect your phone to the Bluetooth car kit/stereo automatically. Optionally, it can play your music saved on SD-card.
New in Auto Connect 2.0:
Now you can control and navigate through playlists over your car stereo Bluetooth.
By double pressing next/previous track buttons on your stereo you will be able to navigate through playlists created on your phone.
1-Detects vehicle motion using the device's accelerometer.
2-Connects to configured Bluetooth devices using Headset and A2DP profiles.
3-Plays music from device's SD-card now with full media buttons control(Optional).
4-Navigates playlist through car stereo.
5-Disables WiFi when connected to car kit (Optional).
6-Disables Bluetooth when device gets out of Bluetooth range (with optional timeout).
The sensor will not work in these conditions (Which assumes that you are using the phone, so your motion wont be predictable):-
1- If you are having a phone call.
2- The screen is on (except if displaying Auto Connect main screen).
3- Airplane mode is on.
4- Connected to optionally configured wireless networks.
* Incoming call
* Outgoing call
* On a Timer (e.g. Every 3, 5, 10 or 15 mins)
It will then turn off Bluetooth based on your settings:
* When the call ends
* When the Bluetooth connection is lost
* Do not disable Bluetooth
Also included is the ability to auto answer call and specify specific Bluetooth devices to speed up connection
This app is particularly useful for when driving a car where you have forgotten to turn on Bluetooth for your in-car connection.
It will also save your battery as you don't need to keep your Bluetooth on all the time.
Please take note that it can not work if your mobile provider (e.g. Sprint) removes tethering support from the firmware!
Important: You must start the configuration application and enable it explicitly!
This App has to be installed on the device that has the internet connection you want to share with another device.
* Timer: User specifies a time interval and specifies the days in the week where the rule shall turn BT on. When the rule is triggered, bluetooth is activated in one of the two modalities: Continuous or Sampling. In continuous mode BT is turned on in the whole time interval specified by the rule. IN Sampling mode BT is turned on at evenly spaced intervals until the rule expires or the device connects to an accessory.
* WiFi: User specifies a wifi network by picking it from a list. When the device connects to the specified network AutoBluetooth turns on or off BT depending on the choice you made while configuring the rule (On and Off are the only choices). The user can also specify the days in the week where the rule is active.
* NFC: User specifies a time interval and specifies the days in the week where the rule shall turn BT on, as is for the Timer rule. In this case rule is checked only when an NFC tag is read by the device.
* GeoFence (PRO users only): User specifies if he wants to have BT on or of when a certain area is reached or left. The location is the current location of the device and the area has a 100 meters radius. Entering or exiting such area will trigger the rule. User can also specify days in the week where the rule is active.
* Battery charge (PRO users only): User specifies in which days of the week BT have to be activated when the device is connected to a power source (wall socket or usb cable). When device is disconnected from power source BT is disabled.
* Incoming Phone call (PRO users only): User specifies in which days of the week BT have to be activated when the device receives a phone call. When call ends BT is disabled
* Outgoing Phone call (PRO users only): User specifies in which days of the week BT have to be activated when the device makes a phone call. When call ends BT is disabled
* Driving (PRO users only): User specify in which days of the week BT have to be activated while driving a vehicle. When activity ends BT is turned off.
Auto Bluetooth is capable of detecting if the device is connected and can wait for its disconnection before turning the bluetooth off. This is particularly useful when the device connects during a timer activity and remains connected after the specified time.
You can purchase the PRO version inside the app unlocking some of the rule types.
New experimental feature: bluetooth will activate automatically when you drive.
Nothing to do, if you've already paired your phone with your car, or hands free or whatever, just install EZ Bluetooth, and you're done. It will save your battery life, and you won't miss a call.
A widget is also available !
If you want to translate the application into your language, send me an email ;)
This application anonymously track and report usage statistics for further enhancement.
* Automatically turn on Bluetooth when on a call.
* Automatically turn on Bluetooth when the phone is charging.
Keywords: bluetooth bt mobile data 2g 3g 4g lte cdma
This app is licensed under the MIT license.
Copyright (C) 2012 Futon Redemption
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of
this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in
the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to
use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies
of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do
so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE
This application saves your battery life. If you forget to turn off the Bluetooth, it will do it for you.
- Enable Bluetooth control: enables the application to turn off the Bluetooth adapter
- Bluetooth: manually turns On or Off Bluetooth adapter
- Device connection status: displays list of configured devices and their status (connected or not)
- Devices: list of devices that can disconnect Bluetooth
- Timeout: delay time (seconds) before disconnecting Bluetooth. If a device reconnects Bluetooth will not be turned off.
- Vibrate on disconnect: vibrate when application turns off the Bluetooth
- Turn off when idle: turns off Bluetooth when no activity is detected
- Idle time: time to wait since last activity was detected
How to use Bluetooth Pair? Simple, make sure your Android device can handle at least one of those mentioned Bluetooth profiles (A2DP or/and HSHFP), go to "Bluetooth Settings" ("Settings" -> "Wireless & networks" -> "Bluetooth Setting" or "Settings" -> "Bluetooth"). Pair with the desired device (a car audio system for example) and make sure you can enable or disable the Bluetooth profiles. The way this is done varies from device to device, see your owners manual.
Ok, so you can handle at least one Bluetooth profile and your Android device is configured and working to pair with your desired Bluetooth device. Now do a long touch on your home screen to choose the widget and then select Bluetooth Pair, select a Bluetooth Profile, select a paired Bluetooth device and that's it. An icon with the name of your device will appear on the home screen. When the profile is turned on the icon will be colorful otherwise black & white. Toggle on/off the Bluetooth profile by touching on the widget. You can have many Bluetooth Pair widgets on your home screen.
- Make sure your device can handle at least one of those mentioned Bluetooth profiles.
- Some devices may require at least once a PIN number to get paired, when that happens an input PIN screen will appear.
- The widget has been tested on Gingerbread and Ice Cream Sandwich using phones from Samsung, Sony and Motorola.
In case of bugs, questions or requests please send me an e-mail.
Alerts are displayed when:
1. Local apps try to perform bluetooth actions.
2. Remote bluetooth devices connects/pairs with your device.
3. App with bluetooth capabilities is installed/updated
1. Perform bluetooth scan of your android device
2. Option to make chosen remote devices as trusted.
3. Logs all bluetooth events.
4. Password protect the firewall and it's sensitive data.
The default firewall configuration will alert on all events and ask for user approval. This can be changed easily by un-checking whatever alerts are not required.
All you need to do to get started is install the app , tap on the icon to open it and then exit the app. Firewall will run in the background and monitor all bluetooth activities.
Please go through the help instructions whenever required.
Help us serve you better by contacting us if you have any questions, suggestions or issues.
Like us on facebook
Follow us on Twitter
KW: bluetooth firewall bluetooth security bluetooth hacking hack hacker protect privacy protection secure guard safety bluetooth scan android droid
NEW: A2DP Keepalive Support. Your A2DP speakers/receiver go to sleep when not playing music, but being connected? The next usage is going weird? With A2DP support you can prohibit your A2DP speakers/receiver from going to standby. Speakers will give a regular sound to prevent standby mode.
The Google+ Productsite for Bluetooth Keepalive: https://plus.google.com/b/105973144146249181536/105973144146249181536/posts
There you'll find surveys and can give feedback.
Before you buy, please check on this website, if BTKA can really help you:
BTKA does not need "root" - only the rights requested by the Market.
After installation start BTKA manually. It registers with Android™ and will from now on start automatically whenever you restart your Android™. After starting the app there is a "Configuration" button (visible for 2 seconds), with that you can change the configuration settings for notifications and the starting-behaviour of BTKA. For hints on how to configure BTKA correctly see the check page above.
In case of a failure please see the english section on this site: http://www.bluetooth-keepalive.com/support.php
Legal notice/imprint: http://floodping.org/impressum/
All prices quoted are final. Due to §19 UStG we do not charge sales tax.
Market may require internet after 2 days to permanently unlock Bluetooth GPS.
Must have Bluetooth GPS version 1.05c or newer installed.
Email for support, comments ignored - sorry.
- Easy control between Android devices!
You’ve got a Tablet? Then, this is your must-have app!
Do you have two Android devices?
I'm connecting tablet to speaker. in bed, Smartphone control the music from tablet.
Next song, Prev song, and adjust volume:)
When you have to disconnect the phone tethering for a Tablet if it’s not being in use, isn’t it annoying?
You’ve got a Kakao talk message, but is your phone in the bag?
When take a group picture, place the phone away from a group and take it simply by a phone!
Outdoor, tethering of the tablet to connect to the phone. Abrasive smartphones the battery too quickly.
I turn on the auto-tethering. The tablet's screen is turned off, the phone turns off tethering.
Try to use the tablet's screen is turned on again, the phone is turned on tethering!
Connection via Bluetooth to a Bluetooth remote control, of course, because the battery consumption.
Laying down watching the tablet. Comes with the Facebook message smartphone. I tablet apps to check messages through the Facebook :)
Bluetooth Remote Controller will give you an answer.
- This app is a free version of ‘Bluetooth Remote Controller’
:: Functions in Full version
- Compatible with Android 2.x version (Also compatible with lower-version OS than Light version)
- Remote control function for Music (Play, Pause, Stop, Move to Next/Previous, Volume control)
- Remote control function for Camera (Shoot, Switch over to front/back camera)
- In case of “Find my phone” function, vibration & basic ring mode are unconditionally on.
- Silent Camera/Silent Camcorder function (App can work solely.)
- Automatic tethering function (Phone tethering is off when Tablet screen is off, and Phone tethering is on again when screen is on.)
- Received SMS can be checked through a Tablet.
- Received SNS (Kakao talk, Mypeople, and etc) can be checked through a Tablet
- “Find my phone” function
:: How to use?
- Install the app in two devices that you have.
- Click the option button both in two devices and click "Make Discoverable".
- Click “Connect a device” in one device and choose the other one that you are going to connect through “Scan”.
- With a word “Connected” on the upper right corner, the connection is completed.
- Now, enjoy controlling!
- This app may not work with your device and please check in advance.
- Music is not played? Play the music once and then, the play list will be created and it will work properly.
- If Connect does not work in one device, try it in the other device and it will work properly.
Your rate & review for me like RedBull!
Why is this different from other automation applications?
Bluetooth Car Mode Starter ensures that no duplicate toggles are made, this means that if you have an application that detects car mode and does stuff upon that, it will only detect car mode once.
Plus, it's open source.
This application doesn't do anything on Android 4.2, am I missing something?
No, Google removed a huge part of Car Mode in Android 4.2, luckily, workarounds exist for rooted users:
Install Xposed Framework and this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2361166
Supports all bulid in bluetooth settings functionality and far more.
Play music to mono devices:
Listen to music on mono headset or on a car handsfree.
You just need to connect the device via the manager and enable\disable the audio feature checkbox.
Manage remote bluetooth devices:
- Display a list view contains all the pairing devices.
- Scan for new devices.
- Pair new device.
- Set your own description to each device.
- Connect\Disconnect from device.
- Display connection state of each device.
- Send sound notification when device was connected.
- Delete device from your phone.
- Clear all unpair devices.
Filter by device type:
- Sort devices by type.
- Sort by last connected and by connections history for each type.
Manage your local bluetooth device:
- Edit your local device name.
- Discover your device to others.
- Shortcut to phone dial screen.
- Shortcut to media player screen.
- Shortcut to phone bluetooth settings screen.
- Share appliction market link to others.
- Exit the program.
- Disable bluetooth and exit the program.
It is intended to be used with hardware keyboards (i.e. bluetooth keyboards), to stop the software keyboard from opening and taking away half of the screen.
Additionally it improves system performance as it frees up resources that would normaly be used by a software keyboard (layout, dictionarys etc.).
This app is a 'must-have' for people who regularly use an extra keyboard with their android tablet. While they cannot uninstall the system keyboards, they can unload them from system memory by choosing Null Keyboard as current keyboard.
A widget is included to allow easy switching between Null Keyboard and others.
This is not a driver and will not make your bluetooth keyboard work and neither will it break anything. Don't complain that it doesnt make your bluetooth keyboard work, because that is not its purpose.