With BuzzOff you can set an alarm to re-enable your ringer after the movie ends!
Or you can have it turn your ringer back on after you move a certain distance - easier to use than Locale.
So, what does the app do? Well when your phone rings or receives an SMS it tells the phone to ignore the system sound settings in regards to notification volume/vibration, and uses the settings specified within this app instead.
* Now With Blackberry style Sound Profiles! Something I've been working on forever!
* Now also with integration into Locale, Tasker and Llama!
Not sure if you're ready to invest in ICS+ Enhanced Ringer Control just yet? Check out the trial version first! Fully functional 48 hour time-limited version:
Please don't just leave negative comments if you find issues, or something isn't working correctly. I have no way of directly replying to them! PLEASE report them to email@example.com and I will squash any issues you encounter ASAP.
**Jellybean Users** It's confirmed working fine for many users on JB - both 4.1.x and 4.2.x
Full instructions - http://goo.gl/Zndaq
After installing the app, open it, then set your usual alert volume (this affects emails/facebook/twitter/stuff like that) and whether you want it to vibrate or not. Next, choose the volume you want the ringer to be, and whether you want it to vibrate or not. Then, choose the volume you want your SMS notification to be and whether you want it to vibrate or not, then finally check the "enable" box in the bottom-right corner of the SMS box to enable it. At this point, when you receive a phone call or sms, it will ignore the notification volume settings, and use these settings instead.
At any time, you can decide whether to add the app to the notification bar for easy access and to quickly see if ICS+ Enhanced Ringer Control is enabled or not. Just check the box labelled "Show Icon in Notification Bar".
To disable ICS+ Enhanced Ringer Control, just launch the app again and uncheck the last checkbox. The regular notification volume settings will kick in as per normal.
This application will run in the background, no need to keep the app on your screen, and will auto-start in the background when you reboot.
"RECEIVE SMS" - the app needs to know when you receive an SMS so that it can apply the alternate sound settings temporarily
"READ PHONE STATE AND IDENTITY" - this is the permission that tells the app that the phone is ringing. When this event is detected, it applies the alternate sound settings until the phone stops ringing.
"RECEIVE BOOT COMPLETED" - once the phone finishes booting up, this permission allows the app to be aware of the reboot and start itself up. You wouldn't want to have to remember to start the app every time you reboot would you??
*** GO SMS PRO users, for ICS Enhanced Ringer Control to work for SMS you must do this -> In Go SMS Pro, go to Settings > Advanced > Receive Settings ... and uncheck "Disable other message notification". Then go into the stock SMS app, and disable notifications manually from in there. It "might" already be disabled, but its worthwhile making sure.
To do list:
* Implement same functionality for SMSs **DONE**
* Ability to alter phone/sms volume/vibration **DONE**
* Give option to have a notification in notification bar **DONE**
* Include all the standard android volume streams in the app ... media/alarm, etc. **DONE**
* Think about best way to incorporate settings into a widget **DONE**
* Look at ways to integrate these settings into automation apps such as tasker/locale/llama. **DONE**
* Enable sound "profiles" feature, to save volume presets and recall them quickly. **DONE**
Unlike similar apps Intelligent Ringer adjusts its internal settings to the particular device, which has a significant effect on measurement and setting process accuracy.
ATTENTION! POWER USAGE NOTION :
There have been some reports about battery draining caused by this app and must admit that the issue exists, unfortunately because of hardware and software limitations of the Android platform I'm not able to fix it by any mean.
You can however reduce power usage of this app significantly disbaling proximity sensor in options. Doing so you will disable "pocket detection" feature.
It respects silent and vibrate mode - when any of these is active, volume won't be changed by the Intelligent Ringer.
You can control whole process using the following application settings:
- Pocket Factor - Additional volume which is added to the actual measurement value only when the device is discovered to be in a pocket.
- Accuracy - decide how precise the volume setting process should be.
Minimum / Maximum volume - limit the maximum and minimum volume possible to set.
In response to requests about implementing power saving feature I've implemented special plug-in which allows you to control it (on/off) using Tasker or Locale apps. This is ONLY possible in the Intelligent Ringer Pro.
The primary use of these application is to don't disturb people during their night's sleep. It is useful for other regular events too.
“Ringer Volume” is very similar to Alarm Clock, but instead of ringing it change mobile ringer volume at a specific time.
1. To schedule ringer volume change, press MENU -> NEW. Then set time and volume level & CONFIRM.
2. To add more auto volume change: repeat step 1.
3. At the end press START button.
NOTE: To apply a changes in the schedule - press START button again.
* set mobile ringer volume level at a scheduled time,
* each day can have a different configuration,
* set vibration mode.
You change your ringer volume level several times at day. It can be automated - use "Ringer Volume" application.
Your Android mobile will be silent at night, noisy at work, quiet after work. You don't like to awake all your roommate at the middle of the night, "Ringer Volume" will help.
Turn off auto update for this application, because after update you need to start volume scheduler manually.
-Press widget to flip between modes, no messing
-Uses only a single homescreen cell space
-Quickly switch between modes, no need to open a separate app
PS check out our Wifi/Brightness/Bluetooth/Gps Toggle Widgets
Smart Ringer has the following capabilities:
1. Office Ringer: Set the Start Time and End Time of your office hours and whether you want Ringtone or vibrate or just silence and save the settings. You are done. Anytime in the office, your Ringtone will be adjusted accordingly.
2. Home Ringer: Want to get all the calls when you are home? Set Ringer to normal Ringtone values and you are good to Go.
3. Night Ringer: Don't want to be disturbed with Phone Calls when you are asleep? Set to Silence mode for your sleep times and we will take care of every day.
Open Source under the MPL
Documentation, code, and forum available at http://wikstuff.subwiki.com