Die Zeitschrift informiert zeitgemäß, leserfreundlich und unterhaltsam. Hauptzielgruppe sind die Angehörigen der Freiwilligen Feuerwehren. Ihre Arbeit in den Wehren, Fahrzeugtechnik, Einsätze und die Übergabe neuer Feuerwehrhäuser stehen im Vordergrund. Die Zeitschrift wendet sich mit Fachbeiträgen auch an Verantwortliche und Fachleute in den Feuerwehren, im Brandschutz, Rettungsdienst und Katastrophenschutz sowie in Ämtern, Verbänden, Ministerien, Ingenieurbüros, Industrie und Versicherungen.
Der Leser erhält kompetente Informationen über neueste Technik, Ausrüstung, Ausbildung und Dienstleistungen.
Like an informed and trusted colleague, ei keeps its readers in the know about events that can influence their business performance. Features cover NEMA's key initiatives and other hot topics: Smart Grid, high performance buildings, energy efficiency, emerging technologies, medical imaging, electrical safety and more.
Along with feature stories, every issue includes:
• Government Relations provides news on national energy policies; energy efficiency, environmental, and safety issues; political developments; and legislation and regulation (federal and State) that are critical to electrical manufacturers and their customers.
• Electroindustry News encompasses industry trends and news.
• Code Actions / Standardization Trends includes updates on electrical standards, engineering activities, and field representative reports
• International Roundup reports on trade and commerce, harmonization, and conference news in Latin America, Asia, and other parts of the world.
• Economic Spotlight supplies a monthly economic review of various industry sectors
The NEC® 2014 Edition app is your mobile companion to the code. Browse the articles or search by keyword, and access important electrical safety news and code development information from the NFPA.
Portable fire extinguishers are an important first line of defense against small fires. For the best protection, be sure to select, use, and maintain extinguishers using the latest requirements as presented in the 2010 NFPA 10: Standard for Portable Fire Extinguishers. Now you can access NFPA 10 requirements in the palm of your hand!
Through this application NFPA 10 is fully searchable and is equipped with active links. You also have the ability to bookmark important chapters for quick reference.
Update your knowledge on important provisions that impact safety. Only the 2010 edition includes:
• Clarification of what Certification is and how it relates to performing service and maintenance of portable fire extinguishers
• More specific guidelines for the placement of extinguishers that reduce ambiguity
• New definitions for pressurized flammable liquid and clean agent extinguishers
• New precaution and related Annex on the use of dry chemical fire extinguishers around delicate electronic equipment
Find reliable, complete fire extinguisher guidance.
Whether you're a servicer, facility manager or owner, or technician...you can depend on this important Standard for current, comprehensive rules for the distribution, placement, maintenance, operation, and inspection of equipment -- as well as testing and recharging.
Make sure extinguishers are up to the job with the new extinguishers benchmark!
• Application is designed for Android Mobile OS (versions 2.X).
• Android OS 3.X is not supported in current version.
• Application is designed and optimized for Mobile platform.
• Recommended resolution for viewing this app is 640 X 960.
Through this application NFPA 1600 is fully searchable and is equipped with active links as well as phone numbers for NFPA® and other agencies involved with emergency management programs, risk mitigation, and response. The 2007 edition included major revisions to the listings of resources identified in the annexes.
This edition also includes incorporating material on prevention as a new program element as well as the latest rules for:
• Emergency management mitigation
• Business continuity
Designed for code users at any level, this flexible mobile app helps you improve electrical safety knowledge and prep for exams. You can:
•Check your knowledge with more than 300 code questions
•Track your progress and identify code areas where you need to concentrate your efforts
•Study for any length of time -- a few minutes or an hour -- from the convenience of your smart phone or tablet
The NEC Digital Flash Cards is ideal for electrical designers, engineers, installers, contractors, facilities managers, inspectors, exam candidates, and anyone who applies National Electrical Code rules on the job.
The National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (the 9/11 Commission), has recognized NFPA 1600: Standard on Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity Programs as our National Preparedness Standard®. Widely used by public, not-for-profit, nongovernmental, and private entities on a local, regional, national, international and global basis, NFPA 1600 has been adopted by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security as a voluntary consensus standard for emergency preparedness. Now you can access NFPA 1600 requirements in the palm of your hand!
Through this application NFPA 1600 is fully searchable and is equipped with active links as well as phone numbers for NFPA® and other agencies involved with emergency management programs, risk mitigation, and response. The 2010 edition includes major revisions to the listings of resources identified in the annexes.
The app contains the complete revision and reorganization of the 2010 NFPA 1600, including major changes to the technical requirements and definitions. It establishes a common set of criteria for all disaster/emergency management and business continuity programs, and provides the fundamental criteria to develop, implement, assess and maintain these programs for prevention, mitigation, preparedness, response, continuity and recovery. The chapter on Program Elements is now four separate chapters -- Planning...Implementation...Testing and Exercises...and Program Improvement.
The 2007 and 2010 editions of NFPA 1600 have been designated by DHS, to be used by accredited 3rd parties, to evaluate and certify compliance of entities under its Private Sector Preparedness (PS Prep) Program.