Fire Engineering Magazine first published in 1877 provides fire news and firefighter training, education and management information for fire and emergency services personnel worldwide. Fire Engineering covers a full range of topics such as vehicle extrication, fire strategy and tactics, fire department management and officer development, technology, fire apparatus, health and safety.
In this app, you’ll get up-to-the-minute news on everything from a rural fire department struggling with budget problems to a metropolitan department facing national-level challenges. Topics include global response, operations, equipment and maintenance, fire prevention, training and EMS services in career, volunteer and combination departments – all the vital information fire chiefs and officers need to lead effective departments capable of handling any emergency.
1. Instant, real-time access to the latest FIRE CHIEF news including targeted information that addresses solutions to administrative and management issues.
2. Ability to read and access content offline when on a plane, subway, etc. without internet access.
3. Save stories for future reading.
4. Share content via email or through social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook.
5. No need to manually update, your application automatically refreshes with the most up-to-date content.
More from developer
Through this application NFPA 1600 is fully searchable and is equipped with active links as well as phone numbers for NFPA® and other agencies involved with emergency management programs, risk mitigation, and response. The 2007 edition included major revisions to the listings of resources identified in the annexes.
This edition also includes incorporating material on prevention as a new program element as well as the latest rules for:
• Emergency management mitigation
• Business continuity
The National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (the 9/11 Commission), has recognized NFPA 1600: Standard on Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity Programs as our National Preparedness Standard®. Widely used by public, not-for-profit, nongovernmental, and private entities on a local, regional, national, international and global basis, NFPA 1600 has been adopted by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security as a voluntary consensus standard for emergency preparedness. Now you can access NFPA 1600 requirements in the palm of your hand!
Through this application NFPA 1600 is fully searchable and is equipped with active links as well as phone numbers for NFPA® and other agencies involved with emergency management programs, risk mitigation, and response. The 2010 edition includes major revisions to the listings of resources identified in the annexes.
The app contains the complete revision and reorganization of the 2010 NFPA 1600, including major changes to the technical requirements and definitions. It establishes a common set of criteria for all disaster/emergency management and business continuity programs, and provides the fundamental criteria to develop, implement, assess and maintain these programs for prevention, mitigation, preparedness, response, continuity and recovery. The chapter on Program Elements is now four separate chapters -- Planning...Implementation...Testing and Exercises...and Program Improvement.
The 2007 and 2010 editions of NFPA 1600 have been designated by DHS, to be used by accredited 3rd parties, to evaluate and certify compliance of entities under its Private Sector Preparedness (PS Prep) Program.
Portable fire extinguishers are an important first line of defense against small fires. For the best protection, be sure to select, use, and maintain extinguishers using the latest requirements as presented in the 2010 NFPA 10: Standard for Portable Fire Extinguishers. Now you can access NFPA 10 requirements in the palm of your hand!
Through this application NFPA 10 is fully searchable and is equipped with active links. You also have the ability to bookmark important chapters for quick reference.
Update your knowledge on important provisions that impact safety. Only the 2010 edition includes:
• Clarification of what Certification is and how it relates to performing service and maintenance of portable fire extinguishers
• More specific guidelines for the placement of extinguishers that reduce ambiguity
• New definitions for pressurized flammable liquid and clean agent extinguishers
• New precaution and related Annex on the use of dry chemical fire extinguishers around delicate electronic equipment
Find reliable, complete fire extinguisher guidance.
Whether you're a servicer, facility manager or owner, or technician...you can depend on this important Standard for current, comprehensive rules for the distribution, placement, maintenance, operation, and inspection of equipment -- as well as testing and recharging.
Make sure extinguishers are up to the job with the new extinguishers benchmark!
• Application is designed for Android Mobile OS (versions 2.X).
• Android OS 3.X is not supported in current version.
• Application is designed and optimized for Mobile platform.
• Recommended resolution for viewing this app is 640 X 960.