You want to know if the next lunar eclipse is visible from your location or when the next bright comet is visible? You would like to be notified by your smart phone the next time, Jupiter and the Moon meet in the sky? You want to know what the blazing bright object in the evening sky is? You want to be always up-to-date which celestial events are visible from your location? Then this app is a must-have for you!
The app does not only include a live, zoomable sky map telling you what sky object you are looking at but provides you with loads of detailed extra information on stars, planets, deep sky objects, meteor showers, comets, asteroids, lunar and solar eclipses as well as detailed ephemeris of all included sky objects and an interactive top-down view of the Solar System. All that in just one app!
- Zoomable sky map showing stars, planets, asteroids, and more (above and below the horizon)
- Interactive top-down view of the Solar System
- Live mode (point device on sky and get information on what you see)
- Calendar showing detailed descriptions of celestial events
- Push celestial events to your phone's calendar and set a reminder alarm
- Rise, set, and transit times for any object
- Position of any object in the sky (altitude and direction)
- Twilight times, length of day
- Bright Star Catalog (~9000 stars) with detailed information
- More than 400 000 additional stars from the PPM Star Catalog (Android 3.1 or higher required)
- 2500 selected NGC objects (galaxies, clusters, ...)
- Messier Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Caldwell Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Hidden Treasures Catalog (109 objects) complete with images
- Meteor streams (begin, maximum, hourly rate, ...)
- Lunar and solar eclipses information
- Lunar librations, ascending node, maximum declination
- Bright comets (automatically selected according to the date)
- Dwarf planets: The five known dwarf planets
- Minor planets: bright, near Earth, trans-Neptune (more than 10000 in the database)
- Update database online: download up-to-date orbital elements of comets and minor planets
- Moon phases, the apparent view of the sun and planets
- Current image of the Sun and sunspot number
- Automatically generated visibility report for any object
- Simulation of light pollution
- Intuitive User Interface: quickly find what you are looking for
- Widget with rise & set times of the Sun and Moon
- Maintain your favorite locations in a list
- Automatic location determination from the mobile network or GPS
- Select a location from a built-in database or online via Google Maps
- 400 observatory locations
- Choose any time and date
- Detailed ephemeris, visibility information of all objects
- Dates of conjunctions between any object with planets or the Moon
- 3D-view of the Moon and the planets
- Accurate calculations for dates between 1900 and 2100
Where’s Harry holds children’s attention and keeps them occupied by letting them etch and scratch to reveal an image on the screen!
Celebrating culture and the arts, Where’s Harry is made just for babies and tots with simple navigation and amusing sweet sounds.
★ Allows baby to “create” a picture by simply swiping the screen
★ Provides an introduction to famous sights around the world
★ Celebrates art and culture
★ Encourages coordination
★ Visually stimulating and engaging
★ Brought to you by the hit TV channel BabyFirst
Where’s Harry is the perfect interactive app for babies and toddlers – even preschoolers – and parents who want to introduce their young ones to geography – and keep them satisfied in the car, store, at home, or anywhere!
About BabyFirst: BabyFirst is a global TV network made just for babies, toddlers and parents. Developed by educational experts, all BabyFirst content is designed to introduce babies to basic building blocks from numbers and language to music and art. Look for BabyFirst in the U.S. on Comcast, DIRECTV, Dish Network, AT&T U-verse, and more. www.babyfirsttv.com
To find more trusted applications from the BabyFirst family of apps, search ""BF123"" in the Google Play Store.
Esse aplicativo utiliza conexão de dados do celular ou rede Wi-Fi. Consulte sua operadora sobre os custos.
What can you do with Smithsonian Mobile?
• Plan your visit with museum hours, locations, floor plans, and more. "Favorite” events and exhibitions to create your own custom tour or scrapbook of your visit.
• Find our other mobile apps and websites and dig deeper into our stories. Tour collection highlights, watch videos, and listen to podcasts.
• Search our collections to make connections between museums, history, art and science.
• Use augmented reality (AR), "Smithsonian that Way," to discover the behind-the-scenes work of the Smithsonian's museums, research centers, libraries, archives, and affiliates in your neighborhood.
We want to hear from you! Log in via Facebook or Twitter to comment on our museums, collections, exhibitions, and artifacts. Share your expertise or tips!
Continually refreshed and renewed by both visitors and Smithsonian experts, there’s always a reason to come back to Smithsonian Mobile whether you’re on the National Mall, in a Smithsonian museum or beyond!
Developed for the Smithsonian by Tristan Interactive.
Our app includes a convenient feature that makes it possible for you to check out library items! Select “Ucheck” from the menu, activate the barcode scanner, then scan your library material.
We've also included a great new way to search our books. No need to search by field, no need to enter full words, no need to wait for results. Just type the first couple of letters of words and see the search in action while you type. So for books on "Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis" simply type "ja ke on".
Check My Account – renew items, review holds
Search our catalog, place requests and discover new and recommended books
Find events going on at your library
Get branch locations, hours and directions
Get help via phone, chat or email
Connect to us on social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
We've also included a great new way to search for books in CountyCat. No need to search by field, no need to enter full words, no need to wait for results. Just type the first couple of letters of words and see the search in action while you type. So for books on "Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis" simply type "ja ke on".
We've invested in the latest mobile solution for libraries and we'll be adding new content over time. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Need assistance? You can ask Librarians reference questions via text message and receive help 24 hours a day. We are here to help!
Want to visit a library in person? Use the app to find the library location closest to you, along with their hours and address. Learn about exciting upcoming events and classes at libraries throughout Broward County.
Please note that a Broward County Library card is required to access many of the services provided by the app. You can get more information by visiting www.broward.org/library
Use Library Now to do the following:
Find your local library:
* Get library hours and phone numbers.
* Map library locations and directions.
* Discover library events:
* Search for events at any or all libraries.
* Search by audience, language and type of event.
* Browse featured programs.
Access the entire library catalog:
* Search for books, movies and music and more.
* Place holds if you have a library card
With a library card you can manage your account:
* Check the status of your holds.
* Cancel holds.
* Check due dates.
* Renew items.
* View your account balance.
* Searching the catalog is easy! Just type in the first few letters of the words in your search. For example, to search for "Mark Twain", just type "ma twa", and results display.
*`Download ebooks and eAudiobooks from anywhere, anytime, with OverDrive.
* Looking for something specific? Find it in our catalog by scanning the item’s barcode with your mobile device’s camera.
* Get live homework help from professional tutors, with Tutor.com.
* Connect with us on social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
Brought to you by Charlotte Mecklenburg Library | www.cmlibrary.org
* Discover books, movies, music, and more in our online catalog.
* Check our calendar for storytimes, classes, and events for all ages.
* Access hundreds of research databases for school, work, and play.
* Read updated Library news.
* Check out Library materials directly from the shelf.
* Find MCPL locations, hours, and maps.
* View any charges, fees, or fines.
* Renew items.
* Use our Ask a Librarian service to receive quick answers.
* Scan an item’s ISBN and receive details and reviews of any book, CD, or DVD.
* Place holds on current and soon to be released titles.
* Search the collection by title, author, subject, or keyword.
* Check a title’s availability and current location.
* Manage, cancel, and suspend holds.
* Browse reading lists and new materials.
* Contact Library staff.
Mid-Continent Public Library is the largest library system in the metropolitan area, operating 33 libraries and serving over 750,000 people in Jackson, Clay, and Platte counties. The Library strives to provide exceptional customer service and expanding access to materials, programs, and technology including a world class genealogy and family history library. For more information, visit mymcpl.org.
For app concerns, problems, feedback, and questions please contact the Library at email@example.com.
your web-enabled phone. Search the library catalog for a title, place holds, renew items you have
checked out, and view most of your account information. You can “Ask a Librarian” via text, email, or
telephone during normal library hours. Check the calendar for upcoming events, classes, story times, or
other programs. Find your nearest library location and view library hours, addresses and other
information. View our book lists and discover new titles. Read our latest social media posts from
Facebook or Twitter and update your own reading lists on Goodreads.
- Live Homework Help™
- Overdrive eBooks
- Gutenberg eBooks
- Book Look (Check an ISBN to see if we have the book and place a hold)
- BookCheck (Check out a book using your smart phone)
The mobile catalog offers a great new way to find items – just type the first couple of letter for each
word to get results. Type “row gob” for J.K. Rowlings’ “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.” For “Gossip
Girl” titles, type ”gos gi”. To find a specific “Gossip Girl” title like “Because I’m Worth It,” you only have
to type “gos gi be.”
Download the SLCL Mobile app and:
· Search our catalog and check your library account to renew and request items
· Search and download eMedia titles from Overdrive
· Search for events and classes by location, by audience, by event type or see what is happening at SLCL today
· Ask a Librarian for help via phone, email, or text
· Locate the closest St. Louis County Library branch
· Do research on the go with our mobile databases
· Connect with SLCL through social media
Some features of this application use modifications and enhancements to the ZXing project: http://code.google.com/p/zxing/