Safari to Go for Android takes many of the core features of the Safari Books Online platform and creates a streamlined interface for Android devices. And, it’s free! Now you can pick up where you left off from any Safari Books Online reading platform and have on-the-go access to your folders, bookmarks and recent books or videos! Android tablets can also take advantage of the larger screen sizes with a tablet optimized layout!
In addition to reading, searching and browsing books & videos from Android devices the Safari to Go for Android app allow users to cache up to three books at a time for offline viewing.
Some of the key features include:
•Read offline - Place up to 3 books in your Offline Bookbag
•Synched Recent Views, Bookmarks & Folders across all Safari Books Online readers
•3G & 4G optimized for faster load times
•Browse page for discovery of books & videos across a broad range of categories and interests
•Bookmarks grouped by title for better organization
•Smart Lists allow you to save a search to follow new titles that match the search results
More from developer
Check My Account – renew items, review holds
Search our catalog, place requests and discover new and recommended books
Find author talks and other library events
Get branch locations, hours and directions
Get help via phone, chat or email
Connect to us on social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
Please note the CAMERA permission is required to use the BookLook feature to scan a UPC code and look up a book.
Our app includes a convenient feature that makes it possible for you to check out library items! Select “Ucheck” from the menu, activate the barcode scanner, then scan your library material.
We've also included a great new way to search our books. No need to search by field, no need to enter full words, no need to wait for results. Just type the first couple of letters of words and see the search in action while you type. So for books on "Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis" simply type "ja ke on".
* Search for books, movies and music and more.
Manage your account:
* Check the status of your holds.
* Cancel holds.
* Check due dates.
* Renew items.
* View your account balance.
Find a library:
* Get library locations and directions.
* Get library hours and phone numbers.
* Discover library events:
* Search for events at any or all libraries.
* Search by audience, language and type of event.
* Browse featured programs.
Ask a question:
* Call us.
* Text a librarian 24/7.
Connect and share:
Choose your language (tap the list icon in the upper right):
Download the SLCL Mobile app and:
· Search our catalog and check your library account to renew and request items
· Search and download eMedia titles from Overdrive
· Search for events and classes by location, by audience, by event type or see what is happening at SLCL today
· Ask a Librarian for help via phone, email, or text
· Locate the closest St. Louis County Library branch
· Do research on the go with our mobile databases
· Connect with SLCL through social media
Need assistance? You can ask Librarians reference questions via text message and receive help 24 hours a day. We are here to help!
Want to visit a library in person? Use the app to find the library location closest to you, along with their hours and address. Learn about exciting upcoming events and classes at libraries throughout Broward County.
Please note that a Broward County Library card is required to access many of the services provided by the app. You can get more information by visiting www.broward.org/library
Some features of this application use modifications and enhancements to the ZXing project: http://code.google.com/p/zxing/
* Discover books, movies, music, and more in our online catalog.
* Check our calendar for storytimes, classes, and events for all ages.
* Access hundreds of research databases for school, work, and play.
* Read updated Library news.
* Check out Library materials directly from the shelf.
* Find MCPL locations, hours, and maps.
* View any charges, fees, or fines.
* Renew items.
* Use our Ask a Librarian service to receive quick answers.
* Scan an item’s ISBN and receive details and reviews of any book, CD, or DVD.
* Place holds on current and soon to be released titles.
* Search the collection by title, author, subject, or keyword.
* Check a title’s availability and current location.
* Manage, cancel, and suspend holds.
* Browse reading lists and new materials.
* Contact Library staff.
Mid-Continent Public Library is the largest library system in the metropolitan area, operating 33 libraries and serving over 750,000 people in Jackson, Clay, and Platte counties. The Library strives to provide exceptional customer service and expanding access to materials, programs, and technology including a world class genealogy and family history library. For more information, visit mymcpl.org.
For app concerns, problems, feedback, and questions please contact the Library at email@example.com.
Metro Toronto Convention Centre
January 29 – February 1, 2014
As we celebrate the 20th anniversary of this amazing conference, we also look to the future as we consider “A Universe of Possibilities”.
The Ontario Library Association is Canada's largest library organization and OLA's Super Conference is Canada's largest continuing education event in librarianship. Within the Super Conference event is the country’s largest library tradeshow. The program is a tribute to the ability of OLA members to balance the cutting edge and the practical in a way that can satisfy an increasingly diverse number of member interests and needs.
* Search the library’s catalogue to find books, movies, music and more using a great new way to search! Just type the first couple of letters of words and see the search in action while you type. For instance, ‘su co’ retrieves books written by Suzanne Collins.
* Enjoy one-click access to eLibraries Manitoba for downloadable audio and e-books.
* Check your library account, renew materials and place requests.
* Map the location of any branch and get phone and hours info.
* Access the library’s Twitter, Facebook and other social media accounts.
* Scan the ISBN of any book, anywhere, to see if it’s available at your local library.