Fun science games for kids ages 3 to 6.
Sid’s Science Fair engages children in experiential learning with core science and math concepts from classification and identifying patterns to charting and sequencing. Emcee’d by Sid, from the hit series SID THE SCIENCE KID, the app is specially crafted for your curious early learner(s) and is optimized for a tablet experience. [It may not work on all small devices]:
GABRIELA’S “COLLECTION INSPECTION”
Use your interactive magnifying glass to discover fascinating patterns among a wide variety of objects, from butterflies and buttons to keys and coins. Gabriela has fourteen different collections to inspect—and different patterns every time—so this game offers many hours of repeat play!
MAY’S “CHART IT!”
Think statistics are boring? No, no, no. Not with May and her awesome “Chart It!” game. Players organize her miniature stuffed animals, balloon creatures, origami, silly faces, and other cool stuff on a chart by observing shared traits. These traits can include color, shape, orientation, and more. May has seven different collections, each of which has ten items and three charts.
GERALD’S “TIME MACHINE”
Get ready to travel through time! Or, rather, to make Gerald’s amazing pictures travel through time… First, choose from among his fourteen picture collections. Then order the pictures into a sequence, such as a snowman melting, candles burning down, a flower growing, or an apple being eaten. Once your sequence is in order (forwards or backwards in time both work!), you can swipe back and forth or tilt your device left or right to watch the time machine in action. But beware! Time machines can have unexpected results…
ABOUT THE APP
Sid’s Science Fair from PBS KIDS was developed by Carstens Studios in partnership with PBS and the Jim Henson Company, the producers of the groundbreaking TV series SID THE SCIENCE KID. The series, which airs weekdays on PBS KIDS, uses comedy to promote exploration, discovery and science readiness among early learners. Find all things Sid, including videos, songs, games, and activities, at http://pbskids.org/sid.
This educational game was made for kids aged 3, 4, 5 and 6 (toddler, preschool and kindergarten).
The games are -
Measure length and width of pencils, ribbons, balls and bookmarks - whole, halves and quarters.
Show time on an analog and digital clock in hours, half-hours, quarter-hours and 5 minutes.
Measure weights of watermelons, bottles, balls, boxes and many more.
Pay for drinks, purses, fruits and many more using the coins.
These exercises help kids practice their scientific concepts in a practical way using made-up units of measurement. The mathematical concepts practiced include fractions, count-by-fives, addition by tens and hundreds, total using 25s, 10s, 5s and 1s. Some of the exercises can be solved in more than one way. Kids experiment with solutions as they play.
When we looked for apps to help teach our kids, we couldn't find any that were good. One was just information text for the kids to learn by rote. Another was multiple-choice tests - just press buttons. A third had 2 sound-tracks and 4 animations running all at the same time. How was a kid supposed to focus?
So, we designed and built them games - that teach in the way parents and teachers explain concepts, and engage in the way playing does.
Hmm... Out of School long ago? Never mind, quiz yourself to know how much you remember !!
Have kids? Take this quiz and let your kids follow. And tell us who won !!!
A multi-choice science quiz on your iphone. What best way to use your iphone to have fun and knowledge at the same time!
The areas of science we touch on include
MIXED TEST MODE:
In mixed test questions are presented randomly from all the topics.
DETAILED TEST RESULTS:
A summary of the practice test is presented at the end of each test. It shows you the score, which questions you answered correctly and where you were wrong.
The app records your progress as you start giving practice tests.
It shows you a beautiful bar chart so that you can track your weak areas and give more focus on them.
• Choose number of questions you would like in each test.
• Track your progress.
• A new module, “Progress Meter” keeps track of how you are performing in a particular topic
• Special algorithm that randomizes questions every time you take a test.
Welcome to Toca Lab! Explore the colorful and electrifying world of science and meet all 118 of the elements from the periodic table.
Discover elements by experimenting with the lab tools!
* Take your element for a spin in the centrifuge.
* Warm them up in the Bunsen burner.
* Put the element on ice with the cooling agent!
* Add a drop or two of mysterious liquids from the test tubes.
* Change their voltage and make them magnetic with the oscilloscope.
Each element has it's own personality. In Toca Lab, what does Neon sound like? Is Gold heavy or light? Is Nitrogen squishy or hard? Explore, inspect, and study each one and let us know! Can you find all 118?
The time has come, future scientists, to head into the lab to explore and discover. Put on your lab coat and protective eye gear because things are about to get experimental!
Toca Lab is a place for playing and having fun, and with it we hope to inspire kids to explore science. While the periodic table in Toca Lab is accurate, the way new elements are created is not. Instead, it’s a fun way to experiment, discover and create curiosity in the world of science. Toca Lab is just a starting point for further exploration!
About Toca Boca
Toca Boca is a game studio that makes digital toys for kids. We think playing and having fun is the best way to learn about the world. Therefore we make digital toys and games that help stimulate the imagination, and that you can play together with your kids. Best of all - we do it in a safe way without third-party advertising or in-app purchases.
- Alfred Nobel invented dynamite in 1866
- Humpback whales create the loudest sound of any living creature
- One human hair can support 3kg
- Unlike any other element, helium does not solidify
With "Amazing Science Facts" learn every day new fascinating, strange and funny scientific facts and trivia.
* Thousands of amazing facts about physics, biology, maths, astronomy, etc.
* Receive daily facts in the notification bar
* Very fast and simple to use
* Works offline, even in "airplane mode". Access all facts anytime, anywhere, no internet connection needed.
* Search any term and find all facts about it
* Bookmark your favorite facts for quick future reference
* Read random facts
* Share your favorite facts by Email, Twitter, etc.
* Listen to the facts using Android's built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer
* Works in both portrait and landscape mode for easier reading
Q: How can I share a fact from the list?
A: Just press for 2 or 3 seconds over the fact, a menu with the available sharing options will appear
Q: How can I change the speech speed?
A: The speed of the speech is controlled by the TTS engine installed with Android. It can be set up by going to:
Settings --> Voice input & output settings --> Text to speech settings --> speech rate
Q: I don't like the voice. How can I improve it?
A: The default text-to-speech engine installed with Android is Pico TTS, it’s pretty simple and sometimes may sound a bit electronic. You can always install alternatives like eSpeak, SVox or IVONA from Android Market.
Q: How can I change the speech accent?
A: Just go to Menu --> Settings and select the language. Currently, 2 accents are available:
* English (US)
* English (GB)
About the permissions:
We know you may be worried about the permissions required by the application so here is the explanation of why they are needed:
To load the ads used to support the development of the application, these permissions are required:
- Full Internet access
- View network state
About the speech synthesizer:
The text-to-speech (TTS) technology may not be available in some devices. To check if your phone is able of speech synthesis: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTS engine. An internet connection may be required. We recommend installing it before traveling as roaming data tariffs may be very expensive.
Data for this application was taken by the following sites:
Google Images and
Categories are -
Human Body Quiz
General Science Quiz
Acid base Quiz
True and False Quiz
Sports Science Quiz
States of matter Quiz
I think you will like this collection to learn with fun.
1. Maths Tricks
2. Maths Facts
Find someone's age by using some numbers .
Calculate multiples of 11 upto 99 easily
Remember value of Pi using sequence "May i have a large container of coffee"
Amazing Science Facts
you grow by 8mm(0.3inches) and when you wake up you become small again .
it is collection of simple quetions and answers of daily life science.
this app is helpful to prepare compitative examinations which asks from general science.
This app is very useful for students of Class 9th and 10th and same time for competitive exams.
Features of Science App :
1. Support Android 2.3 Ginger bird to 4.2 Jelly Beans
2. Topic wise notes
3. Separate Important points
4. Attractive Images
5. Questions and Answers
You can learn the old way through books and boring lectures or learn SMART.
For the price of a cup of Starbucks coffee and the time it takes to drink it, this app can make you an Electromagnetism GURU.
No more boring videos and books which try to TEACH.
This app encourages you to LEARN.
Like a musical instrument, Science is best learnt by doing, trying and making mistakes.
The Science Game heralds a revolution in learning. It is a fun app to learn school science through games on a touchscreen device. Over 200 concepts in Electromagnetism - magnets, coils, dynamos and motors come alive as you play games and experiment to understand Faraday's laws and Fleming's rules. The white-box experiments go way beyond laboratory experiments. You can see the molecules, the electric current and the fields and form a clear picture in your head of how these things work.
You can challenge friends and groups of players and share the fun of genuine learning.
How does a microphone work? What is a Cathode Ray Tube? Can electromagnets be used to make electric bells? Can we measure the force on a current carrying wire in a magnetic field? Through interactive games based on science, the Science Game makes it possible to learn all this by doing.
Never before has science been so much fun.
Each topic is around 600 words and is complete with diagrams, equations and other forms of graphical representations along with simple text explaining the concept in detail.
This USP of this application is "ultra-portability". Students can access the content on-the-go from anywhere they like.
Basically, each topic is like a detailed flash card and will make the lives of students simpler and easier.
Some of topics Covered in this application are:
1. HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE OF MATERIALS
2. ENGINEERING REQUIREMENTS OF MATERIALS
3. Classification of engineering materials
4. Organic and inorganic materials
7. CURRENT TRENDS AND ADVANCES IN MATERIALS
8. Advanced materials
9. Smart materials (materials of the future)
10. Nanostructured materials and nanotechnology
11. Quantum dots
13. Level of material structure examination and observation
14. Material structure
15. Engineering metallurgy
16. Selection of the materials
17. Atomic concepts in physics and chemistry
18. Atomic Structure: FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS
19. Atomic Structure: FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS
20. ELECTRONS IN ATOMS
21. THE PERIODIC TABLE
22. BONDING FORCES AND ENERGIES
23. Ionic Bonding
24. Covalent Bonding
25. Metallic Bonding
26. SECONDARY BONDING OR VAN DER WAALS BONDING
27. Crystal Structures: FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS
28. The Face-Centered Cubic Crystal Structure
29. The Body-Centered Cubic Crystal Structure
30. The Hexagonal Close-Packed Crystal Structure
31. CRYSTALLOGRAPHIC PLANES
32. CRYSTAL SYSTEMS
33. POINT COORDINATES
34. CRYSTALLOGRAPHIC DIRECTIONS
35. Hexagonal Crystals
36. Atomic Arrangements
37. CLOSE-PACKED CRYSTAL STRUCTURES
38. VACANCIES AND SELF-INTERSTITIALS
39. IMPURITIES IN SOLIDS
40. DISLOCATIONS - LINEAR DEFECTS
41. INTERFACIAL DEFECTS
42. Microscopic Examination
43. Optical Microscopy
44. Electron Microscopy
45. GRAIN SIZE DETERMINATION
46. Introduction to mechanical properties
47. CONCEPTS OF STRESS AND STRAIN
48. Compression Tests
49. STRESS-STRAIN BEHAVIOR
51. ELASTIC PROPERTIES OF MATERIALS
52. Plastic Deformation
53. Yielding and Yield Strength
54. Tensile Strength
58. TRUE STRESS AND STRAIN
59. ELASTIC RECOVERY AFTER PLASTIC DEFORMATION
61. Rockwell Hardness Tests
62. Brinell Hardness Tests
63. Knoop and Vickers Microindentation Hardness Tests
64. Hardness Conversion
65. Correlation Between Hardness and Tensile Strength
66. VARIABILITY OF MATERIAL PROPERTIES
67. Computation of Average and Standard Deviation Values
68. DESIGN/SAFETY FACTORS
69. Phase diagrams-introduction
70. SOLUBILITY LIMIT
72. PHASE EQUILIBRIA
73. ONE-COMPONENT (OR UNARY) PHASE DIAGRAMS
74. Binary Phase Diagrams
75. BINARY ISOMORPHOUS SYSTEMS
76. Determination of Phase Compositions
77. Determination of Phase Amounts
78. Equilibrium Cooling
79. Nonequilibrium Cooling
80. MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF ISOMORPHOUS ALLOYS
81. BINARY EUTECTIC SYSTEMS
82. DEVELOPMENT OF MICROSTRUCTURE IN EUTECTIC ALLOYS
83. EQUILIBRIUM DIAGRAMS HAVING INTERMEDIATE PHASES OR COMPOUNDS
84. EUTECTOID AND PERITECTIC REACTIONS
85. CONGRUENT PHASE TRANSFORMATIONS
86. THE GIBBS PHASE RULE
87. THE IRON-IRON CARBIDE (Fe-Fe3C) PHASE DIAGRAM
88. DEVELOPMENT OF MICROSTRUCTURE IN IRON-CARBON ALLOYS
89. Hypoeutectoid Alloys
90. Hypereutectoid Alloys
91. THE INFLUENCE OF OTHER ALLOYING ELEMENTS
92. FERROUS ALLOYS
93. Low-Carbon Steels
94. Medium-Carbon Steels
95. High-Carbon Steels
96. Stainless Steels
97. Cast Irons
98. Gray Iron
99. Ductile (or Nodular) Iron
All topics are not listed because of character limitations set by the Play Store.
Interesting Topic Videos
Share Videos With Others
Never Remain Behind As It Sends Notification When New Videos Are Added.
It have everything you need to know and also clears doubts which are struck in your mind for years.
With these videos author has successfully explained interesting concepts it very easy way with fun.
Download the SLCL Mobile app and:
· Search our catalog and check your library account to renew and request items
· Search and download eMedia titles from Overdrive
· Search for events and classes by location, by audience, by event type or see what is happening at SLCL today
· Ask a Librarian for help via phone, email, or text
· Locate the closest St. Louis County Library branch
· Do research on the go with our mobile databases
· Connect with SLCL through social media
Check My Account – renew items, review holds
Search our catalog, place requests and discover new and recommended books
Find events going on at your library
Get branch locations, hours and directions
Get help via phone, chat or email
Connect to us on social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
We've also included a great new way to search for books in CountyCat. No need to search by field, no need to enter full words, no need to wait for results. Just type the first couple of letters of words and see the search in action while you type. So for books on "Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis" simply type "ja ke on".
We've invested in the latest mobile solution for libraries and we'll be adding new content over time. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Need assistance? You can ask Librarians reference questions via text message and receive help 24 hours a day. We are here to help!
Want to visit a library in person? Use the app to find the library location closest to you, along with their hours and address. Learn about exciting upcoming events and classes at libraries throughout Broward County.
Please note that a Broward County Library card is required to access many of the services provided by the app. You can get more information by visiting www.broward.org/library
Our app includes a convenient feature that makes it possible for you to check out library items! Select “Ucheck” from the menu, activate the barcode scanner, then scan your library material.
We've also included a great new way to search our books. No need to search by field, no need to enter full words, no need to wait for results. Just type the first couple of letters of words and see the search in action while you type. So for books on "Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis" simply type "ja ke on".
Real-time access to the Library’s collection via your smartphone or tablet. Perform mobile catalog searches for books, DVDs, audiobooks, and CDs. Smart Prefix™ search, a search designed specifically for mobile devices, makes it significantly faster to search and find what you’re looking for. Just type the first couple of letters of words, and the search instantly pulls the most relevant results. Type 'row gob' for J.K. Rowlings' "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire." For "Gossip Girl" titles, type 'gos gi.' To find a specific "Gossip Girl" title like "The Complete Second Season," you only have to type 'gos gi co se.'
Manage your account, place holds, renew items, and view your fines.
eBooks & Downloadable Audiobooks
Access the Library’s eBook and downloadable Audiobook collections directly within the SLCPL app! The 3M Cloud Library, OverDrive, and OneClickdigital external apps are integrated right within The City Library app, delivering access to all three within a single app.
Find a Book or CD you want on Amazon.com, in Barnes & Noble, or any other store? Before you buy, check to see if it’s available for checkout in The City Library catalog with BookLook™! Simply scan the item’s ISBN Barcode with your phone’s camera to see if the item is available from the Library. Camera not working? You can enter ISBNs manually.
Ask a Librarian
Allows direct connection to reference services via email or phone.
Calendar & Events
Now the Library’s calendar of events is with you wherever you go.
Stay up-to-date with happenings at the Library! Connect with us on your favorite social networks and be on the lookout for posts featuring exciting event notices, pertinent news, interesting links, and recommended readings.
GPS-aware technology allows mappable turn-by-turn directions to each branch address. Also includes hours of operation and click-to-call contact information for each branch.
* Discover books, movies, music, and more in our online catalog.
* Check our calendar for storytimes, classes, and events for all ages.
* Access hundreds of research databases for school, work, and play.
* Read updated Library news.
* Check out Library materials directly from the shelf.
* Find MCPL locations, hours, and maps.
* View any charges, fees, or fines.
* Renew items.
* Use our Ask a Librarian service to receive quick answers.
* Scan an item’s ISBN and receive details and reviews of any book, CD, or DVD.
* Place holds on current and soon to be released titles.
* Search the collection by title, author, subject, or keyword.
* Check a title’s availability and current location.
* Manage, cancel, and suspend holds.
* Browse reading lists and new materials.
* Contact Library staff.
Mid-Continent Public Library is the largest library system in the metropolitan area, operating 33 libraries and serving over 750,000 people in Jackson, Clay, and Platte counties. The Library strives to provide exceptional customer service and expanding access to materials, programs, and technology including a world class genealogy and family history library. For more information, visit mymcpl.org.
For app concerns, problems, feedback, and questions please contact the Library at email@example.com.
your web-enabled phone. Search the library catalog for a title, place holds, renew items you have
checked out, and view most of your account information. You can “Ask a Librarian” via text, email, or
telephone during normal library hours. Check the calendar for upcoming events, classes, story times, or
other programs. Find your nearest library location and view library hours, addresses and other
information. View our book lists and discover new titles. Read our latest social media posts from
Facebook or Twitter and update your own reading lists on Goodreads.
- Live Homework Help™
- Overdrive eBooks
- Gutenberg eBooks
- Book Look (Check an ISBN to see if we have the book and place a hold)
- BookCheck (Check out a book using your smart phone)
The mobile catalog offers a great new way to find items – just type the first couple of letter for each
word to get results. Type “row gob” for J.K. Rowlings’ “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.” For “Gossip
Girl” titles, type ”gos gi”. To find a specific “Gossip Girl” title like “Because I’m Worth It,” you only have
to type “gos gi be.”
Some features of this application use modifications and enhancements to the ZXing project: http://code.google.com/p/zxing/
* Search for books, movies and music and more.
Manage your account:
* Check the status of your holds.
* Cancel holds.
* Check due dates.
* Renew items.
* View your account balance.
Find a library:
* Get library locations and directions.
* Get library hours and phone numbers.
* Discover library events:
* Search for events at any or all libraries.
* Search by audience, language and type of event.
* Browse featured programs.
Ask a question:
* Call us.
* Text a librarian 24/7.
Connect and share:
Choose your language (tap the list icon in the upper right):
Smart Prefix™ search, a search designed specifically for mobile devices, makes it faster to search and find what you’re looking for. Just type the first couple of letters of words in the title, and the search instantly pulls the most relevant results. Type 'row gob' for J.K. Rowling’s "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire."
Come across a book or CD you are interested in? Before you buy, check to see if it’s available for checkout at EVPL with BookLook™. Simply scan the item’s ISBN barcode. Camera not working? You can enter ISBNs manually.
Search some of our most popular electronic databases for articles, reading recommendations, product ratings and historical documents.
We’re making the opportunity for lifelong learning even more accessible. Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library. redefined.