You can also help others identify their plants, no experience needed.
The app is the world’s first dedicated to crowd-sourced plant identification. It brings a virtual community of plant and flower experts to any android mobile device. The app is NOT a field guide and requires no advance knowledge of plants.
App users upload images of unknown flowers and plants they encounter, then real people work to identify the photos. After enough ID votes are entered, the photo poster is emailed or tweeted with the identification.
"Plant and flower ID is one of those tasks that humans are MUCH better at than computers." says John Ellis, the service's founder. "For example the automated LeafSnap app was developed by some of the world's best image processing experts BUT -- the app is limited to trees --- only trees in the northeast United States-- requires the user to tape a leaf flat to a paper-- and even with these restrictions has a high failure rate."
"While image processing excels at applications having a limited universe of possible matches (like the OCR used to turn scanned documents into text) it fails when there are millions of possible matches. Plant life is so diverse it just isn't a good fit for image processing. " Added Ellis “Our new app lets the user snap a pic of any plant flower or tree they encounter without restriction, and upload it to our expert community for identification.”
Mister Smarty Plants™ has been recognized by gardening writers at The Denver Post, Ohio.com and The Roanoke Times. Since launching, Mister Smarty Plants™ has helped ID over 1,000 plants, trees, bushes and flowers from Senegal to Pakistan, and the Caribbean to the United Kingdom. See some of the ID'd flowers here http://www.mistersmartyplants.com/NamedPlants.aspx
* Winner of 2012 Northern Inland Innovation Awards Professional Services category
* Recommended in New York Times '10 freshest picks' for gardening apps 2012.
The "Planting Now" calendar lists the vegetables and herbs you can plant every month, and adapts to your preferred planting dates - ideal if you use a greenhouse or cloche.
Use the 'Wish List' to plan your garden and record your seed and seedling purchases ready for planting.
Contains a detailed guide to growing 90+ of the most popular garden vegetables, with local planting information for the USA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa and the UK.
Plant lists for planning your garden, detailed growing information on plants, and hints and tips from the community at www.gardenate.com.
All the information is on your phone and there is no need for an wifi connection while using the app, except if you choose to sync to your other phones!
* Local planting calendar for 90+ of the most popular garden vegetables, herbs, and soft fruits.
* Wish list for planning your garden and tracking your seed purchases.
* Add your own plants
* Add your own notes to any plants to record the best varieties and successes and failures.
* Use 'My Garden' to track your plantings, with the predicted harvest dates to assist in your garden planning. Add notes and photos.
* General diary notes with photos and Markdown text formatting.
* Print out planting and diary notes or save or email as PDF.
* "Share your garden" will sync your plantings and notes with your other phones and tablets, Android and iOS.
Our app uses the 'Identity' permission to create an account so you can (optionally) share your garden with your other phones and tablets. It doesn't read any other accounts. It uses the 'Photos/Medias/Files' permission so you can take photos in the app and attach them to your notes and planting details. It doesn't access any other files.
Comprehensive, simple and full of examples, this book details out everything from garden planning and preparing to planting, protecting, and harvesting.
Excellent advice for both the garden enthusiast and the beginner. If you ever wanted to start a garden but did not know how to go about it, then this book was written for you.
Here are the chapters included inside the book:
II WHY YOU SHOULD GARDEN
III REQUISITES OF THE HOME VEGETABLE GARDEN
IV THE PLANTING PLAN
V IMPLEMENTS AND THEIR USES
VI MANURES AND FERTILIZERS
VII THE SOIL AND ITS PREPARATION
VIII STARTING THE PLANTS
IX SOWING AND PLANTING
X THE CULTIVATION OF VEGETABLES
XI THE VEGETABLES AND THEIR SPECIAL NEEDS
XII BEST VARIETIES OF THE GARDEN VEGETABLES
XIII INSECTS AND DISEASE, AND METHODS OF FIGHTING THEM
XIV HARVESTING AND STORING
XV THE VARIETIES OF POME AND STONE FRUITS
XVI PLANTING; CULTIVATION; FILLER CROPS
XVII PRUNING, SPRAYING, HARVESTING
XVIII BERRIES AND SMALL FRUITS
XIX A CALENDAR OF OPERATIONS
You may search all plants, or use the filter to search for annuals, perennials or those grown in sun, shade or for foliage or flowers. Scroll through any plant for useful information, swipe through hundreds of photos. Add plants to your list of favorites, and email some of these to your friends or spouse so they will buy you the plant you actually are lusting for.
For even more excitement, I have included videos where not only do I make a fool of myself, but may even teach you a few hints. Have fun!
★ About the Author ★
World renown plantsman lecturer and author. He has traveled to gardens throughout Europe, South Africa, New Zealand, Japan, Australia, Canada, the Channel Island, and South America. He has appeared in International Horticulture conferences in Portugal, Toronto and Norway, chatted with Martha on the Martha Stewart Show and consulted with growers and nurseries around the globe. He has earned Professor Emeritus status within the Department of Horticulture at the University of Georgia. He has published 13 books, hundreds of trade journal articles for the horticulture industry, produced dozens of videos about plants for the gardener and is the author of an online course for the public.
Native of Montreal, Canada, Dr. Armitage plays a mean guitar and enjoys hiking, skiing, and his weekly brutal games of squash and tennis. He loves his wife, kids, and grandkids.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
iGarden USA is a gardening tool used to help you plan your garden as well as track its progress. Recommended plating dates are provided according to you specific climate zone. You may also share custom seed information with others in your climate zone. Vegetable, fruit, and herb information is provided.
Other iGarden USA Features Include:
* Planting instructions specific to your climate zone
* Ability to edit the default planting instructions to tailor to your specific needs
* Add your own custom seed information with photos.
* Includes information about compatible and incompatible plants
* Known pests and remedies for the various vegetables, fruit, and herbs
* Integrated wiki providing even more useful information about the vegetable, fruit, or herb
* My Garden allows you to track when you planted and estimates the remaining time before harvest
* My Garden allows you to specify planting indoors or outdoors and specify the age of the plant
* My Garden allows you to specify a date in the future you wish to plant
* Integrated weather and alerts
* Ability to take notes with photos from camera or gallery
* Zone map
Whether you are a very good gardener or amateur, Moon & Garden is for you. You will be able to see what is best to do following the day.
Lunar gardening calendar stands as a result from the collection of so-called millennium experiences: a doubtless proof being the huge amount of much-used dedicated common saying related to the moon.
Plants are strongly naturally dependant on lunar phases: therefore gardening activities such as sowing, repotting, transplanting, harvesting, ... would likely profit from lunar calendars appropriate respect, also considering on the crop nature (either the root, leaf, flower, or fruit of the plant)…
With Moon & Garden, you can also take notes, check lunar phases, take photos, add reminder and check the weather forecast to garden the right day!
Moon & Garden will help you manage your garden.
Moon & Garden is gonna be your best gardening friend.
Save time with various gardening alarms.
Why don't you try making a vegetable garden and planting lettuce, peppers or other vegetables?
You can keep track of their growing progress and share it via Facebook or Twitter.
Buy flowerpots, get outside, feel and enjoy the clean air.
'Garden Manager' will help a lot.
1. Various alarms
- You will never forget to water your plants again.
- You can set alarms for fertilizing, spraying pesticide and so on. Custom tasks are also available.
- When you set the alarm, it will remind you on time.
2. Plant photo log
- Take pictures of and make notes about your treasured plants.
- When you sow and harvest seeds, you can experience the fun of writing notes about them and keeping track of the growing progress observed in your garden.
- If you write the widths / heights of your plants in each log, you can see them on the graph.
- You can brag about your logs to your friends via facebook, twitter and so on.
- Or ask them why your plants are withering.
4. Finding nearby florists
- You can find florists near you.
* TIPS: If the app locks up on you when adding photos, disable photo cropping. - Jesse Oliver -
* Are there any problems?
* Please contact us
Plant diary allows you to define a set of alarms for each plant in your garden and get reminder when an action (like watering) should be performed on a plant.
With Plant Diary you will never forget to water your plants as it will always remind you to water your plants.
Current feature are:
* Define alarms and scheduling for different activities on the plant
* Track the growth and health of your plants
* Track expense for your plants
* Track images for your plant
If you like the application, please like us at Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/plantdiaryhq.
For 70 years, Organic Gardening magazine has shared reliable, user-friendly, and trustworthy gardening advice and ideas. Now, in partnership with Safer© brand garden products, the Planting Planner makes garden management information and resources more accessible than ever. From artichoke to zucchini, ageratum to zinnias, we cover a wide range of vegetables, herbs, and flowers—annuals and perennials.
Automatically downloads updates unless changed in Settings.
Take a break and get inspired with these DIY, Garden Ideas!
We update it with new ideas often.
-- Features --
* View lots of dreamcatcher tattoo designs
* Share app with friends (email, facebook, twitter, MMS)
* Direct rate the app to let users to know how amazing app is :-)
* Receive notifications when new wallpapers are uploaded
* Tablet support
* Upload your photos and we will publish them! (use our email address to do it)
-- Internet Usage --
Application uses Internet connection to load images. There are a lot of them so they could not be provided with the application. After first use images will load faster.
-- Feedback --
If you have any suggested features or improvements please leave a comment, or send me an email at email@example.com
In case something is not working correctly please let me know, I'll be glad to fix that.
Please post comments and feedback. When posting low rating please describe what is wrong to give the possibility to fix that issue.
-- Ads --
There are ads in this app. Images for this app are stored on the Internet and this costs money.
Application is free, it does not promote paid version of this app, the only way to support future development is to include ads.
Please treat that with understanding.
Want to remove links & photos from our directory? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and send us your web page and photo links.
By downloading this app you are agreeing to our terms of service which can be found at: http://lalandapps.com/terms-of-service/
This app provides various types of garden design ideas and decorating tricks. Sometimes we want to create a beautiful garden but just do not know where to start and how to do it. Don’t waste time and money on garden designer – choose the design that you want and create it in your garden.
The app contains design ideas for gardens, gardens with patio, balcony garden ideas, decorative bridge design, modern or classic pathways and many more … even herb garden design ideas.
Choose your dream garden design with ease: start and slide!
=== Added Features ===
Added "Share" button - you can share the pictures you like with your friends
Added "Set as wallpaper" - set the best picture as a wallpaper to your device
=== Added in version 4 ===
Added dozen new garden decorating ideas - by demand from our downloaders
Fixed minor bugs
=== Added in version 5 ===
More new ideas. This time placed them at the start of the app
Fixed minor bugs
We’ll step you through each stage in the life cycle of creating a garden; from finding inspiration, to design and planning, growing and managing and even help you solve those pesky problems that stop your garden from thriving.
- Get inspired with ideas from other Garden Club members and share your creations with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.
- Design your ideal garden by finding out which seeds and plants best suit the climate and conditions of your garden and use the augmented reality Garden Visualiser to plan how you want your garden to look.
- Grow your garden and track the progress of your plants by adding what you’ve planted to the app in a ‘plot’ and receive helpful reminders to help them flourish.
- Keep your garden healthy and thriving by using the Problem Solver to diagnose and treat any pests, weeds and disease with a relevant recommendations
- You can also ask a Yates expert anytime and create a shopping list to take to your nearest Yates retailer.
If you need diy landscaping tips to help you grow great looking garden, if you need ideas how to prepare your seedlings, if you need tips how to grow colorful garden, then this app is right for you.
Tips how to plant seeds in cold weather, small gardening tricks how to protect your vegetables, diy landscaping to learn how to decorate your garden or just water your plants the right way – find all these in this amazing app.
The app is very easy to use by everyone: just start and slide.
Share the best diy gardening tips with your friends or family with “Share” button and even “Save” the ones you like.
Teachers in Moodle can now add a video assignment type with the installation of the video assignment plugin. Using the Moodle Mobile Video Assignment App students can log into their Moodle course from their mobile device, view all courses with a video assignment and view the video assignment details.
Videos can be uploaded and submitted for marking from their mobile device directly into the video assignment in their Moodle course. Students can either select a pre-recorded video from their device library or they can take a video and submit it prior to saving it in the library.
Get your tummy growling and visit one of over 200 Eat Local SA venues located across every region of South Australia. You can explore local food from restaurants, cafes, pubs, and cellar doors through to farm gate, retail, catering, accommodation, and food tourism experiences.
Eat Local SA helps you locate venues that serve and sell the very best South Australian food on their menus and shelves across the state. In our food service venues (Restaurant, Café, Pub, Stay, Catering and Cellar Door) you should expect to find one main dish where the main or naming ingredient is sourced locally and detailed on your menu, whilst in metropolitan Adelaide you should expect two dishes. At food retail venues (Cellar Door, Farm Gate, Retail and Experience) you should expect a display of at least 10 different South Australian products or various preparations of a specialty product.
It’s even easier to Eat Local in South Australia with our app to help foodies and travellers access Eat Local SA venues. Download our free Eat Local SA app to easily locate an Eat Local SA venue whilst travelling or to plan your culinary tourism itinerary.
Exclusive features of the Eat Local SA app include; directions via Google Maps to venues whilst travelling. You can also save your favourite venues, so you can plan an Eat Local SA itinerary when travelling the regions.