Bodhi Timer is an elegant, minimalist countdown timer. It is designed mainly for use as a meditation timer but can easily be used for any similar purpose.
Set the time via the clock icon in the top left. You may set presets by choosing a time then holding down on one of the three preset buttons.
You may alternatively use speech to set the time by long-pressing the clock button. (These behaviours can be swapped via the preference screen.) To set multiple timers using speech, separate using the word "again", as in "five minutes again ten minutes"
Pause / resume via the button in the bottom left, and stop the timer via the button in the bottom right. The top right button is the preference button.
You may add a timer widget to your desktop via the App Drawer, or on your lockscreen (Android 4.2+).
Animation may be toggled between an image and one of four circle animations, chosen from the preferences screen.
Bodhi Timer is based on the free and open source TeaTimer by Ralph Gootee:
It uses Android's built-in notification system to trigger the alarm, which means it works even when your device is asleep.
- minimalist full screen UI, no clutter
- uses scroll and fling gestures to set the time
- set up to three presets on the time chooser
- add timer widgets to the home screen and lock screen
- option for timer auto-repeating
- option to set multiple consecutive timers via the "adv" button
- speech recognition via long-press on clock button (set multiple timers separated by the word "again")
- displays two animation types: fade in static image (defaults to Bodhi leaf) and animated circle
- option to use custom image for fade in
- four themes for the animated circle: three colour themes and a draw in Zen Enso (brush circle)
- includes five meditation timer sounds (Burmese bell, Tibetan bell, Tibetan singing bowl, Zen gong, and bird song)
- option to use any ring tone as timer sound
- option to use custom sound file as timer sound
- vibration and LED blinking options
- free and open source: https://github.com/yuttadhammo/BodhiTimer
- licensed under the GPL 3+: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
NOTE: To try the FREE Demo version, please download Meditation Log Free!
Singing bowls produce harmonic sounds, and rhythmic vibrations. Singing bowl sounds provide a calming effect for your body, helping to reduce stress, balance your chakra's and harmonise your spirit. The sound track for this App has been digitally recorded and mixed with a background track of rainforest ambience.
Singing bowls are used for meditation, music, relaxation, personal well-being.
Also known as Tibetan Singing Bowls, rin gongs, Himalayan bowls or suzu gongs.
✓ Tap the bowls and gongs to play the sound.
✓ Use timer to fade out sounds. Ideal for snoozing.
✓ Bells with 'repeat icon' will repeat until tapped to stop
✓ Stop all sounds using the 'stop sound' icon
✓ Tap the paint can to change the background color and flow speed
✓ Falling petals to help relax. New flakes coming soon.
✓ Share with friends
✓ Reveal more apps in the info panel. Slide out to reveal
✓ New ActionBar menu support for 2.1+.
✓ Common look on all devices
✓ Works across all devices
✓ Landscape and portrait supported
✓ Slide drawer to reveal app info and more apps
✓ Change log in info pane
* if you are experiencing problems, please send me a support email from the app
* Please rate the app in the market
The vibrations of the Gong or the Tibetan bowls will make you into a state of deep relaxation.
Relax and nirvana effect will be sure!
Ideal for meditation, sleep or just relax.
You can choose only the ambient sounds, only the Gong/Tibetan bowls or the synergy of both.
And thanks to the timer, you do not have to worry about closing the app. When the time is set, the sounds will fade gently and the app closes by itself.
Four types of Gongs:
★ Gong and Tibetan Bowls
★ Crystal Bowls
★ Tibetan Bowls
★ Big Tibetan Bowls
Seven mystic scenarios of water and sounds:
★ Rain in the forest clearing
★ Waves of the sea at sunset
★ Zen garden with singing birds and hypnotic drops of water after the storm
★ Waterfall in a paradisiac little lake in the tropical forest
★ Stream in the rainforest
★ Oriental bamboo fountain
★ Diving in the coral reef
Go into your oasis of peace!
* What is a Gong Bath?
A gong bath is a relaxing and blissful experience. During a gong bath you are bathed in sound waves. The sounds that come out of the gongs are difficult for the human brain to follow, and you will most likely drift into a deep meditative state. The gong bath is very good at relieving pain, stress or dealing with personal issues, it tends to bring people to a blissful state that can often last for many days.
The application is easy to use as a single timer, and also has the option to use complete meditation schedules. Apart from that, the battery consumption is low.
Have you had difficulty beginning or sticking with a meditation practice?
Do you want to bring a more peaceful attitude into your life?
Would you like to decrease your stress and anxiety?
Would you like a simple meditation to help you get to sleep?
By just launching an app you could bring more peace and happiness into your life.
Since 1991, Georgiana Lotfy, who created and narrated this app, has been helping people discover mindful meditation as a way to connect with the peace of staying in the present moment, free from regrets of the past and thoughts of fear about the future. In this way, she has helped thousands of people of all ages live happier, healthier lives. Room to Breathe Meditation can help you reduce stress, improve health, increase energy, strength, and help you to welcome the love and peace of God’s plan for you.
-Five minute Introduction and Instruction from your guide
-Guided breathing meditation of 15 minutes gives step by step instruction to focus on your breath and help reduce weary thoughts. If you have had problems meditating in the past, this is a simple and effective way to meditate and receive the benefits of meditation.
-Introduction and Guided Breathing Meditation are presented with options of soothing voice alone and with voice and calming music.
Maybe you’ve thought about meditation or tried everything possible to quiet your mind to meditate. Georgiana makes it easy to meditate and discover the gift of peace in this present moment. Being able to quiet your mind means a calmer more relaxed life. “Is that really true?” you may ask. With Room to Breathe, de-cluttering your mind is possible. It is a blessing of deeper meditation that we detach ourselves from our emotional reaction in order to discover peace and compassion we have within, in our inner core, the place where God is within us. Using the Breathe meditation contained in this program, you can achieve God’s greater peace and reduce stress in your life.
Listen and focus on your breath: To relax. To reduce stress, To help you sleep.
Listen anytime, once or twice a day, except when driving heavy machinery, like an auto or when full attention is necessary.
Listening to this meditation assumes no guarantee of health improvement. This breathing program is not a substitute for professional counseling or medical advice.
Created and Narrated by Georgiana Lotfy, LMFT, D.Min.
Produced, engineered and original music by Patrick von Wiegandt.
A Product of Pauline Digital – Pauline Books and Media.
keywords: mindfulness, breathing meditation, meditation, stress, anxiety, inner peace, relax, relaxation
Especially useful for people interested in Reiki and meditation . Timer can also be used for other generic purposes like exercising , for studies and competitive exam preparation ,cooking etc .
- Play any music you want along with timer,after finishing the countdown,music will be paused to notify user and then music will be resumed.
- The timer value (time period for which timer runs ) can be set by user through easy to understand UI
- Options to pause and resume timer functionality ,besides the regular functionality of starting and stopping the timer
- Pleasant alarm ring on expiry of the time period , after which the timer automatically starts again
- Configurable pause /rest interval between two timer cycles
- Example – User has defined Timer value as 2 min and rest interval of 30 secs .
Thus ,timer will run for 2 mins after which alarm rings . Timer will restart again after 30 seconds (default period for timer restart is 3 secs )
- Alarm tone can be set by user
- Option to reset Media (alarm ) to default setting
With melodies that incorporates the application will allow a quick connection to your subconscious to achieve any chakra healing your body.
Mantras help you relax and have a quiet life because everyone knows we're constantly surrounded by stress.
Audio of the mantras of the 7 chakras.
The vibration of these sounds helps activate, strengthen and clean.
The energy points that govern the physical body and regulate the uptake and energy expenditure uninitiated or poorly developed spiritually are closed or slightly open; when we develop our etheric body.
The energies directed to an astral body also act on the physical body.
To balance the flow of energy and put in different order have to open them and exercise them. The stones of the vibrational energy, and help us to induce the desired effect.
For zen meditation practitioners, this app includes a simple timer which rings a bell every few minutes, so you can meditate for 10, 20, or 30 minutes, etc.
The app works by showing words or phrases on the top of the screen for your in-breath, and on the bottom for out-breath. You can choose from meditations and prayers from various traditions: Christian, Buddhist, Taoist, & secular.
It includes calming ocean wave sounds, customizable breathing pace, indefinite repeat of meditations, support for tablets, and text-to-speech for the visually impaired.
Please email with feature suggestions, bugs, or texts you wish to have added. I try to be responsive to requests.
Om is regarded as the eternal sound which is there in the universe all the time. It is said to be the only sound you would hear when you go into deep meditation. OM is made of 3 sub-sounds A, U and M.
As per Mandukya Upanishad:
1) The "A" stands for the state of wakefulness, where our sense organs are active
2) The "U" stands for the dream state, in which inward experiences are available
3) The "M" represents deep sleep, when the mind is without desire
Apart from the basic Om chant, the following mantra chants are provided:
- Om Gam Ganapataye Namah (Ganesha Mantra) - Removes all obstacles, when starting a new task
- Om Namo Narayanaya - Tribute to Vishnu, the Supreme God and his avatars including Rama & Krishna
- Om Bhur Bhuva Swaha (Gayathri Mantra) - Tribute to Savitr (Sun before sunrise), the life giver
- Om Namah Shivaya - Tribute to Shiva/Mahadeva, the Supreme Destroyer
- Om Mani Padme Hum - Worshiping the Buddhist Sacred Lotus Flower
- Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya - Tribute to Krishna, Mukti (liberation) mantra
- Om Maha Mrityunjaya - Death-conquering mantra, a tribute to Rudra (Shiva)
- Om Ham Hanumate Namaha - Energy giving mantra, a tribute to Lord Hanuman
- Om Shreem Hreem (Shree Yantra / Sri Chakra Mantra) - Wealth & Prosperity giving tribute to Mahalaxmi
- Om Purnam Adah (Shanti Mantra) - Mantra for Peace
- Sarawathi Mantra - Wisdom Mantra
- Durga Mantra - Power Mantra
- Maha Mantra - Hare Krishna Hare Rama
- Om Saha Navavatu - for teachers & students
- Nam Myoho Renge Kyo (Daimoku)- Japanese lotus sutra
- Guru Mantra - a tribute to teachers
- Asato Ma Sadgamaya - for clearing the mind
- Surya (Sun) Mantra
- Namokar (Navkar) Mantra - Jain Mantra
- Shani (Saturn) Mantra
- Silent Meditation
- Green Tara Mantra (Om Tare Tuttare)
- Oneness Mantra (Moola Mantra)
- Universal Mantra (Sarveshaam)
- Mul Mantar (Sikh Ek Onkaar/ Ik Onkar)
If you are new to meditation, instructions are provided for a 108 chants meditation routine.
- Play various Om/Aum mantra chant endlessly
- Pauses chant on receiving phone calls
- Lots of configuration options
- NO Ads, NO Permissions!
- Small size & SD Card install
- Runs in the background and does not drain your battery
Om/Aum has great spiritual significance in Hinduism, Buddhism & Jainism. It is also considered to have great healing powers. Regular Om chanting can help you overcome depression, loneliness, insomnia (sleep disorders) & stress. It could also help you quit bad habits like smoking, drugs or alcoholism by strengthening your mind.
This tool can help those who are familiar with various forms of meditations including Vipassana (Mindfulness), Zen/ZaZen, Vedanta (Transcendental), Taoist Qi gong, Reiki, Sparsh, Hindu Dharma (Indian), Chakra, Kundalini, Yoga and Pranayama.
This tool can also be used to play the auspicious Om sound in the background during pujas (prayers), archanas (offerings to God), aarti, stuti and other religious ceremonies.
Different sounds have different effects on human psyche. The sacred utterances (chants) of Sanskrit Mantras provide us with the power to attain our goals and lift ourselves to a higher level of consciousness.
Daily chanting of Om or just playing it in your home can improve your concentration, good luck and good health. Even after you switch off the Om chants, it keeps playing in your mind and sustains the peace!