Bodhi Timer is an elegant, minimalist countdown timer. It is designed mainly for use as a meditation timer but can easily be used for any similar purpose.
Set the time via the clock icon in the top left. You may set presets by choosing a time then holding down on one of the three preset buttons.
You may alternatively use speech to set the time by long-pressing the clock button. These behaviours can be swapped via the preference screen.
Pause/resume via the buttons in the bottom left, and stop the timer via the button in the bottom right. The top right button is the preference button.
You may add a timer widget to your desktop via the App Drawer, or on your lockscreen (Android 4.2+).
Animation may be toggled between an image and one of four circle animations, chosen from the preferences screen.
Bodhi Timer is based on the free and open source TeaTimer by Ralph Gootee:
It uses Android's built-in notification system to trigger the alarm, which means it works even when your device is asleep.
- minimalist full screen UI, no clutter
- uses scroll and fling gestures to set the time
- set up to three presets on the time chooser
- add timer widgets to the home screen and lock screen
- option for timer auto-repeating
- displays two animation types: fade in static image (Bodhi leaf) and animated circle
- option to use custom image for fade in
- four themes for the animated circle: three colour themes and a draw in Zen Enso (brush circle)
- includes four meditation timer sounds (Burmese bell, Tibetan singing bowl, and Zen gong)
- option to use any ring tone as timer sound
- option to use custom sound file as timer sound
- vibration and LED blinking options
- free and open source: https://github.com/yuttadhammo/BodhiTimer
timer, countdown, meditation, zazen, sitting, buddhism, buddha, dhamma, dharma, enlightenment, peace, happiness
The application is easy to use as a single timer, and also has the option to use complete meditation schedules. Apart from that, the battery consumption is low.