Take control of your data connection and battery usage! Choose which type of mobile data connection you want, and save battery when you don't need a fast data connection.
This app was developed to be *very* similar to another app available on Play which I was using for a long time - however that particular app recently became 'updated' with very intrusive dangerous spyware & 'rating' nag screens. This is designed to perform exactly the same function while leaving out the security risks.
Some Samsung Galaxy S3 owners have reported incompatibilities and errors - if you are an S3 owner, please submit a crash report if you experience a crash.
Please notify me if you experience crashes and force closes - due to the nature of the app, there are minor permission issues with some handsets. Unfortunately I cannot test on all handsets - I appreciate your bug reports!
Enable/disable mobile data (3G, 4G, etc) on your smartphone with just one click.
With this widget you can turn on/off the 2G, 3G, 4G or LTE mobile network on your cell phone or tablet.
Also works with the new 4G networks!
- Turn on/turn off the 2G/3G/4G network with just one simple click
- Very convenient if you want to limit your mobile data and save on your phone bills
- Better privacy: with just one click you can enable the mobile data on your phone when you need it and then disable it when you don't need it anymore. Doing that you ensure better confidentiality, stopping your phone from sending data in the air anytime and when you don't want to. Do not let the NSA spy on you!
This applications is totally free, ads-free, optimized and secure.
LTE Discovery is a powerful signal discovery and analysis tool that allows users to observe a wide range of useful network and signal information while aiding you in staying connected to the best connection possible.
Use this app to identify and record technical LTE/4G information such as GCI, PCI, TAC, Market/Cell ID's. For supported networks, the LTE Band will also be included (Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, China Telecom).
If you are in an area where LTE is actively being deployed or that has significant gaps in coverage, the app automates the process of cycling your mobile connection to help you connect to the best signal possible. When left running, this app will help you discover LTE in your market without ever looking at your phone! Your phone will find and reconnect to LTE faster, generate a log of the signal, and (optionally) alert you when a signal is found.
As it works in the background it can log each site and connection it finds. This information is then summarized to help you determine how many towers you have connected to. Logs include time, location, PCI, TAC, GCI, and Band. Sprint users have access to the Visual 1x Logger which displays tower, sector, 1900/800mhz signal information via towers pins on an embedded Google Map.
Users that can access their phone's EARFCN DL and UL channels can plug them into the EARFCN card to calculate the precise operating frequency and band. If your LTE network is one of the ones supported ones, the application will generate the information automatically.
-Identifies bands for Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile
-Advanced signal stats
-Automated visual logger (Sprint + Pro only)
-LTE log queries with unique band and site information (Pro)
-Live band identifier and stats in the notification bar
-EARFCN band calculator (range and precise UL and DL frequencies) (Pro)
-Automated search algorithms for LTE
-Data connection reset without requiring root
-Alert notification for LTE bands and GCIs (connected and disconnected)
-Wide range of settings to customize your experience (Pro)
The free version is full-featured and useful for many cases. However, please consider supporting us by purchasing the in-app pro upgrade for a mere $1.99. This is less than a cup of coffee at Starbucks and helps us keep the lights on.
Please note we do not natively support band identification for every carrier however, users can help us interpret the network information in their area to add band support for their carrier. If you are interested please send us an email.
If you work in the industry, feel free to email us if you have any knowledge that may be able to help us. (Our email can be found in-app)
History: This app was originally developed for Sprint users searching for 4G LTE signals in emerging Sprint markets. Though, users with other carriers including both GSM and CDMA carriers can also greatly benefit from using this app. The only features not available for non-Sprint users is tower location and 800Mhz SMR detection. There are no other limitations for other carriers.
From user reports, Verizon sometimes provides tower location, but they are typically inaccurate.
By resetting mobile connection, you can fix many common network related issues like: continuous low signal, data disconnection, poor call quality, signal instability, and more. You could also fix these issues by restart/reboot your phone, or you could just let LTE Discovery reset your radios in a few seconds.
RATINGS: If you like this app, please support us by rating it 5 stars and helping with a +1, or let us know how we can improve the app.
SUPPORT: If you notice any problems, please use the "Send debug email" option in-app and provide us as much information as possible about the problem.
For more features, please check out "System Info Widget" for only $.99!
Note: Will work only on the HTC EVO using a Sense ROM
Stuck? Great how to here http://nexus5.wonderhowto.com/how-to/enable-blazing-fast-lte-data-speeds-your-nexus-4-0150880/
*Choose and flash all of the available stock Nexus 4 modem images
*Choose to flash some of the most popular Hybrid Modems with LTE enabled (More coming soon)
*Auto flashes in recovery
*Enable needed LTE at the push of a button
*Ability to install latest TWRP for Nexus 4 from app.
Please before leaving a bad review please not that if you are using this app to enable LTE, that it can only enable band 4 LTE. T-Mobile in the US uses this, some areas on AT&T In the US use this. Some locations with Rogers in Canada use this, along with various other carriers in North America. Check which LTE band your carrier uses here http://goo.gl/Uta4bj
*CM Backup script for build.prop tweaks, to survive nightly installs
*Clean up UI
*Credits in app
*Request something good
*XDA user - cg87 98-33 and 98-27 hybrid modems
*XDA user - Morrislee for original Hybrid modems
*XDA user - efrant for maintaining Mako Modem collection
Source code: https://github.com/bpear96/Nexus-4-Modem-Flasher
What this app gives you:-
1. An aesthetic and very functional full screen Signal Strength Meter.
2. Simple Home Screen widgets without taking too much space
3. Neighboring Cell tower coverage
4. Network Latency or Delay for data
IMPORTANT: Read the notes
The signal meter and widgets cover all networks including 4G/LTE and give extensive network information. The widgets can be extensively customized to any theme with a prototype. There is also notifications for out of service and roaming conditions.
1. Network Signal strength in dBm and percentage.
2. Graphic and Minimal Widgets with color schemes
3. Out of service and roaming notifications.
4. Detailed Network info and Neighboring cell towers
5. Airplane or Restart Mobile Connection only without disturbing WiFi, NFC etc(Not available for >= Android 4.2)
6. Network latency widget
7 Signal Check for basic diagnostics
Pro Features(Inapp Purchase):-
2. Additional Widget Color schemes
3. Service Notification tones
4. Auto Refresh Signal Meter and Neighbor cells
1. The Graphic, Minimal and latency widgets have been designed with latest design guidelines and better battery management. The widget updates on tapping. These widgets are only available on Android Jellybean 4.1 and higher.
2.Issues. A very few phones/ROMs are not supporting signal strength refresh. If the Network Type and the Carrier are updating correctly but the signal strength is not updating then this is a sure sign of a broken ROM. This is a known issue and not a problem with the App.
3. If you cant find the widget in the list of widgets after installation change the orientation of device with the list of widgets opened. This will cause the list of widgets to get refreshed. Also do not move app to SD Card.
4.Permissions - The app requires requisite permissions for accessing the info shown in the Network Info screen and showing the Google ads.
5.The Pro and Free(with inapp unlock) apps are separate apps and billed separately by Google. The Pro App has been unpublished. More on this is in the FAQs on my website.
**The application won't work on Android version 4.2 and on later Android versions because of some restrictions**
- improve GSM, 3G, 4G, LTE signal reception on your mobile phone/tablet
- instantly improve calls and internet connections
- improve speed of downloading and data transmission
- prolong battery life
- find the strongest signal from the base mobile station within coverage area
- this application is a guaranteed way to find out the reason of weak signal on your mobile phone. If cellular signal is weak because you mobile phone gets always connected to the wrong mobile station, this application will exactly help you.
- if the signal is low because of poor coverage in the surrounding area, you may need special appliances for signal improvement.
The way the application works:
You should click "Improve the signal" and application will do the rest for you. Application finds the strongest mobile signal within the coverage area and get connected to the nearest base station. Due to reconnection to the nearest base station mobile signal level will incease on your mobile phone/tablet.
Please, write us if you have some some comments or suggestions.
System Requirement : Android 4.2 or later
Functional test is done by Samsung Galaxy S4 (Japanese version). HTC HTL-22 did not return Cell ID info.
NOT for versions above Android 3.0 (Please use another app)
Important! It will work properly only on the Korean version of Galaxy S (SHW-M110S) and the similar Samsung's Galaxy devices (e.g. Korean Galaxy Tab) with the ROM based on Samsung's original ROM.
I have been reported that this app DOES NOT WORK on some versions of Galaxy S.
This is just a shortcut for Samsung's TouchWiz 3G Setting (TouchWiz 3G Setting Widget). You can turn on or turn off the 3G network with this app.
This will be helpful when you do not use Samsung's Launcher (TouchWiz Launcher) but the launcher you use does not support shortcuts for activities or you want to add it to the dock. You can add a shortcut as a status bar notification, also.
Tested on: Korean Galaxy S (SHW-M110S), Galaxy K (SHW-M130K), Korean Galaxy Tab (SHW-M180S), Korean Galaxy Ace (SHW-M240S), Korean Galaxy S II HD LTE (SHV-E120L)
You can also select launch "LTE Choose" to manually choose the launcher... Click "LTE Choose" then select "System selection"
* Has NOT been tested on any other 4G phones
* Screenshot demonstrates screen within the settings window of the phone to verify switch between 4G and 3G. This application has NO user interface.
When you perform free tests with 4Gmark, you participate in a collaborative project to aggregate a base of information for understanding and improving the quality of service.
The "Speed Test" quickly calculates downlink and uplink network speed (average Bitrate).
At the end of the Test, in the results, you can benchmark your results against the average bitrate obtained by other users in your country, in the same area or using the same smartphone (wifi or cellular).
The "Full Test" is a scenario with all protocols (latency, transfer, youtube, web) giving full visibility over the quality of the connection environment. It calculates a score which let you compare between them different smartphones, networks or places.
At the end of the Full Test, in the results, you can benchmark your results against the average score obtained by other users in your country, in the same area or using the same smartphone (wifi or cellular).
Also in the "Custom Test" section, Customized scenarios of tests are available.
Finally as a bonus, a dashboard that will offer the most current real-time information about your hardware, your location, your cellular and your wifi connection.
- a map view of all test results with filter options for test parameters, statistics, operator and device;
- statistics on the results for all the major operators with filtering options for quantiles, test parameters and test duration;
- a red/orange/green evaluation of the test result (“traffic-light”-system);
- the option to synchronise results of various devices and display them in the browser;
- the user’s own test history; statistics on tests
- supports 2G, 3G (HSPA) & 4G (LTE); supports IPv4 and IPv6
- Quality parameters (e.g. signal strength, connectivity on different ports, modifications of content, transfer time for a reference web page)
- results available as open data - see https://www.netztest.at/en/Opendata for details;
- source code available at https://github.com/alladin-IT/open-rmbt
- a detailed FAQ.
Please note: We use a test server which is located in central Europe, if you perform the test from America or Asia latency and throughput will reflect your connectivity to Europe which might be much lower than your local performance.
With Sensorly you get :
·up-to-date coverage maps and speedtest maps for 4G, LTE, 3G, 2G and Wifi networks worldwide. 500 mobile networks have been mapped by our users, including Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T, EE, O2, and many others. Maps update daily and usually within the hour
·A speedtest tool: instantly get to know your data transmission speed for 4G, Wifi, LTE or 2G/3G networks. You can even share your results on Facebook, Twitter, Google + or Pinterest!
·The ability to map your neighborhood: use your daily trips to complete your carrier's coverage map. Check if there is 4G or LTE or 3G in your area!
·The amount of time you have spent on 4G, 3G, LTE or Wifi during the day : is your more-expensive 4G plan really worth it ?
·Signal and speedtest comparison info to help you compare carriers: who has got the best coverage for you? Make your choice among all networks available around you: AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile. Check if you'll access a 3G network, a 4G network or LTE
Sensorly is a free crowdsourced service: the more you use the app, the more precise and complete a coverage map and speedtest map get. So join us and get real info on your coverage and speed!
Join us on social networks:
Google + : http://plus.google.com/102681005884239785615/about
Twitter : http://twitter.com/sensorly
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/sensorly
Pinterest : http://www.pinterest.com/sensorly/
✓ Signal compass points you in the direction your signal is coming from, just walk towards it!
✓ WiFi map allows you to easily locate nearby public networks.
✓ Coverage maps allow you see the best/worst places for signal.
✓ Speedtest feature allows you to see the true speed of your connection (download, upload & latency)
✓ NetworkRank shows which carrier is best in your area.
✓ See local cell towers.
✓ Free and ad-free
You can also:
✓ Help improve our crowdsourced and impartial maps by contributing data.
✓ Share your findings and compare your connection with other users.
✓ View your history of signal readings.
✓ test upload, download and latency
✓ Save your data to SD card.
✓ Signal booster for compatible phones
SMS Permission required to count the number of SMS sent to track your usage, SMS are never read (use a packet sniffer to check!)
Phone settings permission allows network reset on certain Android versions
Based on our community-generated data we are able to help keep you better connected by giving you a practical solution to the problems of slow mobile internet and dropped calls. Simply follow our signal compass to walk towards better phone signal or see our in-app coverage maps to work out which carrier is best for where you are, useful if you're thinking about changing. Our wifi maps help you find local public-access wireless networks (WAPs).
We use Google Maps in our apps, email us if you cannot access Google Maps, email us to request another map technology.
The Stats tab helps you to keep track of your usage, so there’s no danger of you going over your plan limit on data, voice or text. (NB – this is why the app needs permission to access contacts and SMS, these are the permissions needed to count calls and texts, messages are never accessed or read!).
Maps not updated in real-time. Don’t worry though, we log the information you share with us to improve our coverage maps and signal information. We’re working hard to make sure the data you contribute to the project is available to everyone as quickly as possible.
- Not all towers and wireless routers are in our database - we’re working on it!
- Verizon & Sprint (CDMA) users will see only one connected tower at a time
- Moving in the direction of your cell tower (the signal compass) will not always improve reception due to interference effects/local geography.
- For GSM, cell tower are identified via cell id and location area code (CID and LAC)
- For CDMA cell towers are identified via Network ID, Base sub-station ID and system ID (NID, BSSID and SID).
If you read to here (!) you should really join the OpenSignal beta to help us improve the app:
Not compatible with GSM(T-Mobile, AT&T, etc) devices.
Your donations will help me continue to offer updates and e-mail support for this and future products. Thank you!