Take control of your data connection and battery usage! Choose which type of mobile data connection you want, and save battery when you don't need a fast data connection.
This app was developed to be *very* similar to another app available on Play which I was using for a long time - however that particular app recently became 'updated' with very intrusive dangerous spyware & 'rating' nag screens. This is designed to perform exactly the same function while leaving out the security risks.
Some Samsung Galaxy S3 owners have reported incompatibilities and errors - if you are an S3 owner, please submit a crash report if you experience a crash.
Please notify me if you experience crashes and force closes - due to the nature of the app, there are minor permission issues with some handsets. Unfortunately I cannot test on all handsets - I appreciate your bug reports!
With this widget you can turn on/off the 2G, 3G, 4G or LTE mobile network on your cell phone or tablet.
Also works with the new 4G networks!
- Turn on/turn off the 2G/3G/4G network with just one simple click
- Very convenient if you want to limit your mobile data and save on your phone bills
- Better privacy: with just one click you can enable the mobile data on your phone when you need it and then disable it when you don't need it anymore. Doing that you ensure better confidentiality, stopping your phone from sending data in the air anytime and when you don't want to.
This is an application widget. Watch the pictures provided on this page to know how to install it on your phone screen.
This applications is totally free, ads-free, optimized and secure.
NOTE: For people upgrading, some *permissions* are being listed as new which are not in the app, this is a Android bug, check the permissions in your phone settings to confirm these permissions are absent. See https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=63898
NB We never access or read your messages or contacts list. We only need that permission to count your calls and texts to help you keep track of usage.
✓ Signal compass points you in the direction your signal is coming from, just walk towards it!
✓ WiFi map allows you to easily locate nearby public networks.
✓ Coverage maps allow you see the best places for signal.
✓ Speedtest feature allows you to see the true speed of your connection.
✓ NetworkRank allows you to see which carrier is best in your area.
✓ Keep track of your monthly data, text and voice usage so you don’t go over your limit.
✓ See a map of local cell towers.
✓ Help improve our coverage and WiFi maps.
✓ Share your findings on twitter and Facebook and compare your connection with other users.
✓ View your history of signal readings.
✓ Save your data to SD card.
✓ Signal booster for compatible phones
Help contribute to our crowdsourced impartial maps of carrier coverage and wireless hotspots by using our app to improve your connection.
Based on our community-generated data we are able to help keep you better connected by giving you a practical solution to the problems of slow mobile internet and dropped calls. Simply follow our signal compass to walk towards better phone signal or see our in-app coverage maps to work out which carrier is best for where you are, useful if you're thinking about changing. Our wifi maps help you find local public-access wireless networks (WAPs), helpful if you're travelling abroad or just want to find a local cafe with free wifi. Our Stats tab helps you to keep track of your usage, so there’s no danger of you going over your plan limit on data, voice or text. (NB – this is why the app needs permission to access contacts and SMS, these are the permissions needed to count calls and texts, messages are never accessed or read!). Slow mobile internet? Whatsapp or BBM not working? Can't make that crucial skype call? Facebook, Instagram or Twitter too slow to be enjoyable? Run a speedtest to see the real speed of your connection, use the signal booster compass to get a better connection or use our maps to find the nearest free wifi!
Best of all, every time you use the app you're helping to improve it! By helping us to expand our wifi database and improve our coverage maps you're making the app work better and everyone else who uses it.
The best tactic for getting better signal is to follow the signal compass.
Maps not updated in real-time. Don’t worry though, we log the information you share with us to improve our coverage maps and signal information. We’re working hard to make sure the data you contribute to the project is available to everyone as quickly as possible.
- Not all towers and wireless routers are in our database - we’re working on it!
- Verizon & Sprint users will see only one connected tower at a time
- Moving in the direction of your cell tower will not always improve reception due to interference effects/local geography.
- Data is crowd sourced - wireless and antenna locations are calculated by triangulation.
- For GSM, cell tower are identified via cell id and location area code (CID and LAC)
- For CDMA (Verizon, Sprint), cell towers are identified via Network ID, Base sub-station ID and system ID (NID, BSSID and SID).
We map- Coverage and Speed tests for Verizon, Sprint, Vodafone, EE, AT&T, O2, 3, TIM, T-Mobile, Telcel, I WInd, SFR, Wifi and more
NOT FOR CYANOGENMOD OR OTHER AOSP BASED ROMS
Like all the paid LTE "Switch" and "Toggles", just faster, smaller and free. Simple, to the point. Just a shortcut to the preferred network settings, where you can change from 3g to 4g.
If you don't like devs who actually update their apps, don't install this one.
This app does not have a widget yet and doesn't claim to. There is currently no other way to turn off 4g, I can't make is more user friendly. Blame HTC & Google.
Paid version under the name "LTE Settings" by Cunning Logic, but is the same as this app (Don't buy it expecting extras just yet).
Hey Hey look it's opensource!
LTE, 4G, toggle, switch, settings
If you use 4G on your phone and want to switch between 3G and 4G to save your battery life, this app is perfect for you.
We have created a shortcut to quickly toggle between 3G and 4G. No longer will you have to tap on multiple screens, and press on lots of different buttons to simply switch between 3G and 4G. Features of this app include:
+ Toggle between 3G/4G
+ Save time – up to 7 clicks quicker.
+ Save Money - Avoid high data fees
+ Save Battery Life – 4G can reduce battery life
+ Instant Access - toggling between 3G and 4G
Due to limitations within the Android operating system, we can not directly switch between 3G/4G within the app.
1. Launch the 3/4G Toggle Switch app
2. This will take you to your network settings
3. Switch between 3G/4G or CDMA LTE to CDMA only (this will depend on which network your cell phone is using)
Please let us know about any comments or suggestions.
Daplications is an app development company, helping people save time, money and convince. Please feel free to download our other apps.
As a crowdsourced service, Sensorly gathers anonymous data from all its users willing to share their experience as carriers’ clients, just like you. The aim is simple: provide the greater number with unbiased information on wireless networks performance (signal strength, coverage and speed) worldwide, based on real data, and translate them into coverage maps for all to see.
This free app hands you the key elements to fully understand your carrier’s quality of service, making it the adequate companion to your wireless life:
-Check out precise and daily updated coverage maps: with more than 300 wireless networks mapped across 50 countries available in the app, checking a carrier’s coverage has never been easier for all 4G/LTE, 3G, CDMA, GSM and Wi-Fi technologies. Plus you can check how others do around you, and see what’s the average download & upload speed in your area for your carrier.
-Do a Speedtest: as a smartphone user, what is your network speed like? This feature allows you to instantly check your download and upload speed along with your ping time, reproducing your basic mobile activities.
-Compare carriers performances: the Sensorly app not only grants you access to the data collected on your carrier, but also to information about carriers available in your area. By using the “compare” feature you will be able to check signal strength and network coverage for all carriers listed and for which we have data.
-Map your neighborhood: use your commuting time to map your close environment with the Map Trip feature, and get more accurate data for the areas you care about.
-Check your activity: Are your speedtests getting better through time? Are you a heavy contributor and map your carrier’s network a lot? Do you sometimes have dropped calls but don’t know why? See all these data for yourself by consulting the new “Your activity” session of the app.
Sensorly is a crowdsourced service: the more you use the app, the more precise and complete the info and coverage maps get.
Join Sensorly, and know what to expect from your carrier!
You can also select launch "LTE Choose" to manually choose the launcher... Click "LTE Choose" then select "System selection"
* Has NOT been tested on any other 4G phones
* Screenshot demonstrates screen within the settings window of the phone to verify switch between 4G and 3G. This application has NO user interface.
1. Cycle cell radio in order to connect to the best possible signal in your area (1x1 widget available). Aka, reset data connection
2. Automatically cycle cell radio whenever not connected to LTE
3. Hunt for LTE signals in emerging markets. Aka, alerts for LTE and 800 Mhz
4. Find location of cell towers, including in-app map (Sprint)
5. Collect data/stats for LTE locations
6. Turn off/on your cell radio by double-clicking the Start button ;)
Data speeds are unbearably slow whenever not connected to LTE. This app was made for users to find and always stay connected to the fastest connection available.
Typically, LTE is most easily found when performing an airplane toggle off/on. This process makes the phone search for all signal types in the area whereas the phone would normally only search for an LTE signal every thirty minutes.
We automate the process of cycling airplane mode off/on. When left running, this app will help you discover LTE in your market without ever looking at your phone! Your phone will search for LTE signals as you travel and (optionally) alert you when it finds a signal.
Features: (Not all are listed here)
1. Fully automated intelligent periodic search for LTE
2. Optional notifications for LTE found, LTE disconnected, and Sprint 800Mhz SMR detection
3. In-app Google maps for locating your position and connected tower's position (Sprint)
4. Multiple choices of widgets available (PRO in-app upgrade)
5. Many different settings for customizing your experience (PRO in-app upgrade)
6. Distinguishes Phantom LTE signals from usable LTE (Important!)
7. Comprehensive list of your device's build stats, and other advanced cell network stats
8. GPS log of discovered LTE signals, including date, time, BSID, NID, and SID
9. Works in the background and while the screen is off
10. Battery optimizations
11. Beautiful Android "Holo" theme designs (don't be content with non-Android designs on an Android device)
NOTE: This app was originally developed for Sprint users searching for LTE signals in emerging Sprint markets. Though, users with other carriers including Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and others both GSM and CDMA can also greatly benefit from using this app. The only features not available for non-Sprint users is tower location and 800Mhz SMR detection. There are no other limitations for other CDMA and GSM carriers.
From user reports, Verizon sometimes provides tower location, but they are typically way off.
More Uses: Here are more reasons why people want to use LTE Discovery.
1. Reset signal, basically by automatically toggling airplane mode to reset the GSM or CDMA network signal. As far as I know, all versions of Android work, including Android 4.2+ (Jellybean and above)
2. By resetting network connection, you can fix many common network related issues like: continuous low signal, data disconnection, poor call quality, signal instability, and more. You could also fix these issues by restart/reboot your phone, or you could just let LTE Discovery reset your radios in a few seconds.
3. Find true signal strength without opening dialer (hidden menu) settings.
RATINGS: If you like this app, then please consider rating it 5 stars, or let us know how we can improve it.
SUPPORT: If you notice any problems with the app, please send use the "Send debug email" option in-app and provide us as much information as possible about the problem (including each of the steps to recreate the bug, what happened, and what should have happened). mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Android:%20LTE%20Discovery
DISCLAIMER: We take no responsibility for accidents or injuries that may occur while using this app. Please use it only when it is safe to do so.
To see list of permissions and reasons: http://simplyadvanced.net/app/signaldiscovery/permissions/
DOES NOT WORK ON VERIZON DROID CHARGE PHONES. SORRY!
Version 1.2 just released!
Please be aware that once in a while the Verizon LTE network takes a bit longer than usual to reconnect. This is not a flaw in the app but something that is on the Verizon side. One potential way to increase the speed of the switch over is to put the phone in airplane mode and then take it back out immediately after making the switch. This should force the phone to reconnect a bit faster. Verizon says fix is coming!
More info on the long transition time, check out: http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9200839/Modem_hand_off_from_3G_to_LTE_can_take_two_minutes_Verizon_says
Android phones are notorious for bad battery life and now that there is 4G LTE, it's even worse. Turn off your 4G when you're not using it and INCREASE YOUR BATTERY LIFE UP TO 4X!!! Use this utility to easily open the SECRET phone screen that allows you to turn off your 4G LTE service (future versions will automate the process).
Made for HTC Thunderbolt and 4G LTE but MAY work on other phones (with different instructions).
All upgrades are free! Future versions will make this process easier.
Unseen results, undoubtely the ultimate signal strength for making phone calls or surfing the internet.
Testing the app in a cave a phone call has been made at a depth of 27 meters. After signal boost using the app a qualitive call has been made at a depth over 50 meters. In the same cave at a depht 20 m the download speed using 4G was 4 mb/s and after activating the app- 12 mb/s.
This app is safe and would not damage your device's hardware.
Why do you need this app?
- You're online and you can surf the internet at more places.
- Because on one phone call can depend a lot of money.
- Because on one phone call can depend a life.
Shorten the time it takes to turn 4G on or off, and save battery life! This app can be used as a Widget, or a normal shortcut (widget is recommended).
Note: There is currently no way to directly turn 4G on or off on the Verizon devices from a widget or application. This application takes you to the option directly so that you can make the change without much hassle. This is the fastest way available for the moment until Verizon releases more information, or an update is made that changes this. This application will be kept up-to-date with the most recent method.
1. Add a visual display so the user can see when in 3G, and when in 4G.
2. Improve toggling for Sprint 4G.
NOT for versions above Android 3.0 (Please use another app)
Important! It will work properly only on the Korean version of Galaxy S (SHW-M110S) and the similar Samsung's Galaxy devices (e.g. Korean Galaxy Tab) with the ROM based on Samsung's original ROM.
I have been reported that this app DOES NOT WORK on some versions of Galaxy S.
This is just a shortcut for Samsung's TouchWiz 3G Setting (TouchWiz 3G Setting Widget). You can turn on or turn off the 3G network with this app.
This will be helpful when you do not use Samsung's Launcher (TouchWiz Launcher) but the launcher you use does not support shortcuts for activities or you want to add it to the dock. You can add a shortcut as a status bar notification, also.
Tested on: Korean Galaxy S (SHW-M110S), Galaxy K (SHW-M130K), Korean Galaxy Tab (SHW-M180S), Korean Galaxy Ace (SHW-M240S), Korean Galaxy S II HD LTE (SHV-E120L)
■ Broadband Speed Test.
- 4G(LTE, WIMAX), 3G, CDMA, GSM, WIFI Speed Test.
- Download, upload, latency speed.
- Location(use to GPS).
■ 4G Available local
- Support Map View (WebSite(www.kr.net) or Mobile App).
- You can see the your location on Map View.
■ Board (for Community)
- Conversation about 4G Speed at your Location.
- Upload your brief comment(to Board).
- Attachment(speed test result with screenshot).
■ 4G Speed test result statistics
- statistics(4G, 3G speed statistics weekly)
■ Test History
- save to local DB
Select from several included icons or use any image from your SDCARD (widget & notification only).
You can also change the notification text and turn the notification on or off.
SUPPORT/HELP: Instead of using the review and rating system, please email us or use the in app contact feature if you have any questions, problems, or concerns
WIDGET MISSING?: After the app is first installed, restart your phone, & a widget will appear in your add menu
REFUNDS: We're happy to refund the Pro or Smart versions for any reason. Simply send us an email including either a.) your order number or b.) your City/State, Zip/Post code, and Country. Refunds will typically be processed within 48 hours, and could take longer to post to your account depending on your financial institution.
More from developer
Not compatible with GSM(T-Mobile, AT&T, etc) devices.
Your donations will help me continue to offer updates and e-mail support for this and future products. Thank you!
Brown Enterprises Ltd is not affiliated with RockStar Games Inc. - Grand Theft Auto V, the Grand Theft Auto Logos, and any other copyrighted material is property of Rockstar Games Inc. and Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. All custom background images used to create this app were found in the "Free to use, share or modify, even commercially" section in Images Internet Search.