IOL CALCULATOR is the best tool to select the most appropriate intraocular lens in each cataract surgery. Includes BICILINDRIC CALCULATION. Now your smartphone can do your biometer calculations!
Besides the conventional calculation of intraocular lenses, contains corneal astigmatism warnings, selection of the refractive target and error detection for uncommon biometrics values.
Includes BICILINDRIC MODE CALCULATION, that performs independent calculus in two corneal axes, reporting the expected refractive results in spherocilindric notation.
Moreover, allows to calculate the corneal refractive power variation in each axis according to the location and diameter of the main incision, and the cylinder refractive change caused by the corneal incision, which is very interesting to prepare surgery and improve the final results in low astigmatism patients.
Simply introduce the incision’s location and it’s diameter, and the software will make a vectorial astigmatism analysis, providing the final astigmatism power and axis, all this added to the intraocular lens calculation.
Shortcut to ULIB web(User Group for Laser Interference Biometry) to check anytime the latest updates in the constants of the most commercially available intraocular lenses.
Please note that the calculations presented by this application are theoretical calculations according to mathematical formulas, only one eye care professional with demonstrated experience is qualified to decide the final power of the intraocular lens implant to be in each surgery.
This application is designed for use in ophthalmic environment (optometrists and ophthalmologists). If you are a patient, please consult your eye care professional.
***This app is for professional use only, if you are not an eye care professional, please DO NOT install it.***
The LOCS III contains an expanded set of standards that were selected from the Longitudinal Study of Cataract slide library at the Center for Clinical Cataract Research, Boston, Mass. It consists of six slit-lamp images for grading nuclear color (NC) and nuclear opalescence (NO), five retroillumination images for grading cortical cataract (C), and five retroillumination images for grading posterior subcapsular (P) cataract.
App designed for use in ophthalmic practice only. If you are a patient, ask your eye care professional.
*** Available for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad from AppStore***
- One of the challenging parts of a cataract surgery is capsulorhexis - a maneuver of tearing a round opening in the thin membrane overlying the native lens known as the capsule. In this app, you can tear the membrane flap with your finger to form a perfectly round opening for starting cataract surgery.
- The aim of the game is the prevent the membrane from tearing out to the side, while maintaining a round tear path.
***** Phacoemulsification of Lens *****
- An important part of cataract surgery is ultrasound phacoemulsification of lens (phaco). In this app you use your fingers to control a virtual ultrasound probe to phaco a lens.
- You can control the position and angle of the probe by sliding your fingers
- The aim is to phaco the lens into quadrants by following the guidelines and rotating the lens. Watch out not to puncture the posterior capsule or catch the anterior capsule rhexis edge!
*** Rhexis ***
- You get a score on how closely you reach the target
- Time your procedure
- Adjust the size of the pupil and density of the lens to increase the challenge
- Adjust how spherical your lens is (affects how easily the tear goes out)
- Tear the rhexis clockwise or anticlockwise
- Save images of your rhexis for emailing to your friends
*** Phaco ***
* Use fingers to control phaco probe to phaco a lens into quadrants
* Adjustable lens density
* Adjustable capsulorhexis size
* Save image of your phaco end result for email to your friends
* Time your phaco procedure
*** Note this app is a virtual reality simulator/game - it is not intended for cataract surgery training. ***
Please visit my blog http://donkeykong-george.blogspot.com/ for latest information and tips on updates for this game.
cataracDroid App is Copyright© 2011 by Dr Yu Xiang George Kong MBBS BMedSci
The scientific programme continues to include an extended didactic programme, with courses in Basic Optics, Cataract, Refractive and Cornea. We are also continuing our Young Ophthalmologists Programme on Friday morning, which proved such a success in recent years. We hope these courses will offer a valuable opportunity for residents and those in training to gain a deeper understanding of the basics of the different sub-specialties.
The programme also includes four main symposia, live surgery, free paper sessions, eposter presentations and a range of surgical skills training courses. The Annual Cornea Day on Friday has been organised once again in conjunction with EuCornea and we would like to thank them for their continued participation in the Meeting. The Turkish Ophthalmology Society will present their own symposium on Sunday morning and we encourage all delegates to attend.