Traveling by public transport in Singapore?
Use this mobile app as a guide for smarter travel, by bus or MRT / LRT.
- sg bus arrival estimates, refreshed automatically
- sg bus route information for all SBS Transit and SMRT services (Singapore island wide)
- find out which bus stops and MRT / LRT train stations are near you (if location is enabled)
- check Singapore MRT travel distance / time / fares between two stations on the network (works offline)
- latest updated, offline MRT map (zoom in/out in hi resolution)
- search for bus routes / bus stops by bus number, bus stop code, or postal code (by tapping only numbers, #fewertaps)
- search by landmarks (tourist attractions, hospitals, hotels, shopping malls, stadiums)
- bookmark bus routes for fast access (selecting a bus number from bookmarks will load timing for just that service at that stop)
- show bookmarks by bus routes or bus stops (pull down to switch view)
- show bus travel distance and fares (adult cash / card for express / trunk services)
- (experimental) bring the umbrella? if rain is expected at your destination over the next 3 hours, a small rain icon will be displayed
- (experimental) show bus stop on a map (long press gesture on bus stop)
- (experimental) for all sg bus enthusiasts! view paths of bus services and start / end bus stops on a map (available for devices running android 4.4+)
- no MRT / LRT arrival information because open data in Singapore is not open enough yet
- estimated travel time on the train network includes additional 3 minutes for each transfer
- sg bus arrival timings are obtained from Land Transport Authority (mytransport.sg) and are only as accurate as the source
- bus arrival timings are in minutes, rounded down (if you see a bus icon instead of a number, next bus is arriving within 1 minute)
- bus arrival timings are updated automatically (if you wish to refresh manually, you can do so with a pull down and release gesture)
- no arrival estimate for buses at the first bus stop (e.g. at the bus interchange) mytransport.sg does not provide this information (the data provided is actually for the same bus service at the end of the journey in a loop or opposite direction)
- if no arrival estimate is available, either because you are offline or there is no real time prediction from mytransport.sg, the bus service frequency is shown instead (this frequency varies according to time of the day) you may use this as a rough estimate on how long you may have to wait for the next bus
- you may see a bus number at the same stop twice (the bus visits the same stop twice on its journey)
- nearby is 500 meters (reasonable walking distance, right?)
- curious about the accessibility wheelchair icon? read more at http://www.accessibleicon.org #MovingForward
- found a bug? missing bus stop or route? feel free to let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org
#singapore #smartnation #opendata #sg50
Static data from data.gov.sg and mytransport.sg last compiled on 20150627.
Bus arrival information obtained from mytransport.sg in real time.
Weather forecast obtained via Nowcast API from National Environment Agency.
Like on Facebook
Follow on Twitter