This behavior game is simple enough:
• Personalize your wheel by entering up to six unique prizes. (special snack, extra computer time, sticker, cool pencil, free recess, lunch with the teacher, etc.) Type in anything you’d like! These are the prizes that will show up on your spinner. Setting up your wheel is a snap. And feel free to change out your prizes anytime you’d like. You control what is revealed.
• Explain how the game works to your class. Help them understand that they can “Win-a-Spin” by showing strong and positive behavior or completing a tricky task.
• IMPORTANT – Do not choose your winner right away! Too many teachers are reactive when they reward students. Use this tool in a proactive way! Hold this “carrot” in front of the kiddos to motivate them to behave over a period of time. Remind the kids throughout that time span that “you are looking” for someone to “Win-a-Spin.” Also, take this chance to explain what kinds of specific behaviors you’ll be watching for. Kindness, self-control, responsibility, hard work and determination are just a few of the skills that you might encourage.
• Now you can choose your winner! Allow them to come up and spin the wheel of prizes. (Simply swipe the wheel with your finger to spin.) Round and round it goes! Where it stops? Nobody Knows!
• The kids will giggle with anticipation as you wait to see where the pointer lands. It will be one of the six prizes that you entered earlier. Reward the winner for their strong behavior. And remind the class WHY your winner was chosen. This step is important! Be explicit with your praise. Use this time to not only praise your winner, but also to teach the others about strong social emotional skills. The other students will hear this and be eager to exhibit those same behaviors in the future. They want to please you!
• Use the “Win-a-Spin” app again and again. If used properly, this tool will motivate your students to behave in class and at home.
• Note – You can play “Win-a-Spin” with a full class, small group or even individual students. This behavior management tool is also a great option parents. Feel free to explain how this app works to the parents of students in your classroom. They may be more likely to behave for you if their parents have promised them a spin when they bring home a good report from school.
A master teacher is one who understands how to motivate their students. “Win-a-Spin” will do just that for your kiddos. “Win-a-Spin” makes classroom management fun for the students and the teacher. Add this app to your teaching tool belt today!
★★New Feature - Import assignments from Google Classroom CSV file
App also now available for Chromebooks for beta testing. http://goo.gl/lv3ybW
★ 2011 Winner, 2012 2nd Place, 2013 Winner for Best App Ever Award (Teacher & Education Category)
COMMENTS FROM USERS OF TEACHER AIDE PRO
★★★★★ No more paper: I feel like SuperTeacher with this app! Best money I've spent in my whole career!
★★★★★ Easy to use and good customization: Easy to keep an electronic markbook and attendance register. Great teacher app. I love the random student picker too.
★★★★★ Best purchase I've ever made Has saved me so much time and have been able to build a stronger relationship with both students and parents. Thank you so much
View more comments Pro App Link
This is a Free Version of the Award Winning Teacher Aide app . The free version allows the teacher access to one class with up to 30 students and 15 attendance days and assignments. That should be enough to test the app out for 3-5 weeks, and see if you find the app useful for your needs.
The paid version allows up to 10 Terms, each with 30 classes with up to 225 students, 200 attendance days and 200 assignments per term. You can easily import the demo data to the paid app if you decide to purchase the app.
***Try downloading the Blue Stacks Player from www.bluestacks.com if you would like to run the app on your PC as well. ***
• Optimized for teachers using both phones and Tablets (easy sync to Dropbox)
• Attendance (Customize your attendance symbols)
• Seating Chart (take attendance and enter grades right from the chart page)
• Up to 225 students per class, 10 Terms/year, 30 classes per term
• Grade book with categories and weighting
• Import assignments from CSV file (supports Google Classroom format)
• Group messaging to students, parents and advisors
• 1 touch notification to parents when student is absent or missing work
• Progress Reports for grades summary (Email, Print directly from app)
• Lesson notes
• Random Student Caller (Device will speak name of student out aloud)
YouTube Help Videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0109AD0EA001E9AA
Twitter Tips: http://twitter.com/TeacherAidePro
Pinterest Tips: http://www.pinterest.com/teacheraidepro/teacher-aide-pro-tips/
Google+ Tips: http://plus.google.com/+TeacherAideProForAndroid
Google Doc Help file: http://docs.google.com/document/d/13tMKbpK0x4Nwk_fMiGx2epLgR5H9vBIZktsfZ7umQzs/
** Note - Developer uses the Free version to try out new features. Database may be reset at times. If you use the app as the only source for actual student data please save backups.
Also, simply email me directly at email@example.com if you need any assistance.
Names are saved when the application is shut down and loaded when the application is turned on again.
∙ Ensure students are focused on the task at hand by locking student devices to remove unwanted distractions. ¹ ²
∙ Enrich student learning with real-time one-on-one and group messaging. ²
∙Survey students with questions sent from the teacher desktop to student devices. Instantly track responses and scores in real-time and broadcast class results out to each student. ¹ ²
∙ Enhance comprehension with real-time viewing and zooming of the teacher’s desktop from the student device. ¹ ²
∙ Expand the functionality of your HP Classroom Manager installation with a solution that offers seamless compatibility and interaction with Windows and Android devices. ³
* HP Classroom Manager application 11.31 or later required
* Tested on Android 4.0 and later
1. HP Classroom Manager for Windows required to enable Android functionality (download for free for 30 days at http://www.hp.com/go/hpclassroommanager). Control and device locking originate from the teacher’s Windows desktop console; no locking and control functionality originates from HP Classroom Manager for Android.
2. Internet access required and sold separately.
3. See product Data Sheet for exact compatibility configurations.
Supported devices are those from vendors who have provided the additional access privileges needed for screen monitoring on their tablets. The following devices are currently supported:
· All Rooted Devices
· HP – All devices released since 01/01/14 inc: Slate21.
· Samsung – All devices shipped with Android 4.0 and above inc: Galaxy Tab, S3, S4, Note.
· ASUS - MeMO Pad FHD 10 ME302C. ASUS MeMo Pad ME102A.
· Intel - TR10CD1/TR10CS1 tablets.
Please compare Class Messenger to any other messaging service and you'll find it the best suited for the classroom. Services that simply 'remind' are not enough. Features include:
- Send pictures
- Launch Surveys
- Attach documents
- Schedule messages to go when you want....and automatically repeat them
- NEW Create Order Forms
- NEW Parent to Parent messaging
- NEW Intelligent messaging
Send messages to everyone, to groups or to individual parents, other teachers or students. Everyone chooses whether they get messages in the app, via email, the website or even SMS messages. We even have blocking features for threads (if you don't want to hear about a particular discussion) or specific members.
Also included in this app: 'Staff Messenger' which is a special kind of group for Teachers and Administration only to share private messages. Great for the whole staff of a school or for a small group (like all the Grade 4 teachers or all the elementary music teachers in a school board).
Class Messenger is for Teachers, Parents and Students to use. This app is fully compatible with our web based version that you can access from any computer in the world so you never miss a thing.
Class Messenger: in sync, effortlessly.