Avaya Communicator for Android 2.0 integrates your Android smartphone with your Avaya Aura® communications environment and delivers VoIP calling, cellular call integration, instant messaging, presence, visual voicemail, corporate directory access and enterprise call logs for mobile users.
New in Release 2.1
• Instant Messaging and multi-media file sharing with archival/retrieval using Avaya Multimedia Messaging service
• Mid-call features including Consultative Transfer and Aura CM Ad-hoc Conferencing
• SIP Feature Buttons for Send All Calls, Extend Call and Call Forward features
• SIP Multiple Device Access (MDA) Active Appearance Select to Join call in progress using mobile
• Basic Session Manager (SM) Failover
• VoIP Call Recovery attempt when changing networks
• VoIP to Cellular Voice call handoff using Extend Call feature
• Additional one-X Client Enablement Services (CES) feature support including
o User setting for BLA handling
o Enable Administrator settings for Enforceable Login and Restricting local storage
• Administrator enforceable settings using auto-configuration file
Some Key Features:
• VoIP calls – Lower your mobile service charges by making VoIP calls over Wi-Fi or mobile data networks
• Conceal Your Mobile Phone Number - Calls made with Avaya Communicator are handled by your office communication system and will display your office calling line ID, not your mobile phone number
• Cellular Voice integration – If VoIP isn’t your best option, then traditional cellular voice service can be used and calls will still be routed through your office communication system
• Single Number Contact – Choose to have incoming office calls ring on your Android phone and/or any other phone you may want to use
• Visual voicemail – Enables you to see who left you a voice message and when it arrived. Messages can be played in any order.
• Presence status – View the Presence status of colleagues
• 24X7 call logs shows all office line call activity regardless of which device was used or when calls arrived
• Corporate Directory Integration – Search for corporate contacts and create a list of favorites
English (US, UK), Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese
Supported Android OS Versions:
• Android 4.0.3+
Tested on these Devices:
• Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, S5
• Samsung Note 2,3
• HTC One-S
• LG G2
• Sony Xperia Z1
Note: Avaya Communicator for Android is designed for use with a wide range of Android 4.0.3+ devices not included in this list.
• Avaya Aura 6.2 FP3 (SIP) – enables VoIP calling
• EC500 R9 – enables EC500 FNE autodialing
• one-X CES 6.2.x – enables call back, visual voicemail, corporate directory search, 24x7 call logs and presence
For addition details including User and Administration Guides, please visit https://support.avaya.com
This application is designed to work with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and is believed to be compatible with all versions of the Android Operating System 2.0 through 4.x.
TelecoCS1K enables the following features when working in conjunction with appropriately administered Avaya / Nortel Communication Server 1000 ( CS1000 or CS1K ) systems:
* Access Voicemail
* Access Meet-me Conference
* Access Executive Conference
* Activate / Deactivate Mobile X
* Dial Via Office Phone
* Activate / Deactivate / Verify Call Forward
* Activate / Deactivate / Verify Internal Call Forward
* Activate / Deactivate Intercept Computer (Voicemail answer)
* Dial / Answer Radio Paging
Prior to purchasing, if you are unsure of compatibility please read the user notes posted on our web site to ensure that you have a compatible Avaya / Nortel CS 1000 system. Please note that the CS 1000 system requires system administrator configuration prior to use of TelecoCS1K by CALECO Ventures. Your system administrator must ensure that the required FFCs are administered to exclude the use of the pound / hash "#" symbol due to a limitation that prevents Android applications from sending the pound/hash "#" symbol in-band. It may be necessary for your system administrator to change FFCs to take advantage of the full capabilities of TelecoCS1K with Avaya / Nortel CS1000. In order to use this application to the fullest capability, it is necessary to ensure that all required dial strings/FFCs do not include the pound/hash "#" symbol. If there is a requirement for the "#" symbol in a dial string, it will be necessary to enter it directly via the dialpad during each call.
Do not install this update if you are using Android OS prior to Version 2.0. This update uses features which are not compatible with pre-Android 2.0 versions. If you require support for pre-Android 2.0, please contact us directly for further dialog.
V2.0 added support for click-to-dial from Android Contacts using the "Dial via Office" - "Find Contact" feature of TelecoCS1K. Thanks to those who provided feedback directly and encouraged us to incorporate this feature!
Thank you for your interest!
If your Avaya Communication Manager is connected to the Internet via a data network, please take a look at Avaya one-X Mobile. The last time we checked, Avaya makes one-X Mobile apps for Android as well as iPhone/iPad/iOS and Blackberry. If your Avaya Communication Manager is not on the Internet, then you can use TelecoAV by CALECO Ventures to get more value from your Avaya Communication Manager as long as your system administrator has setup remote access for you. Our website provides a link to the document from Avaya that details the configuration requirements for the server. If you are using EC500 today, you are probably good-to-go for using TelecoAV from CALECO Ventures.
Thanks again to our users for feedback. Please e-mail us directly if you cannot give us 5 stars to let us know what you would like to see different. While we cannot guarantee that we will incorporate every suggestion, we highly value your suggestions and feedback and will strive to incorporate as many as possible in to future releases.
If you are using Avaya IP Office or Avaya / Nortel Communication Server 1000 (CS1000 aka CS1K), please consider TelecoIPO or TelecoCS1K by CALECO Ventures. They are specifically intended for use with the respective systems.
Do not install this update if you are using Android OS pre-release 2.0. This update adds native integration with the Android Contact List to allow you to select a contact to use with the Dial Via Office feature. This update requires Android OS Version 2.0 or later. If you require backward compatibility with Android OS pre-release 2.0 we can accommodate your need, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
See "Best Practices" at http://www.calecoventures.com for more details.
Thank you for your interest!
V4.2 adds a modern dial pad interface with native Android contact list selection and support for many additional Avaya Communication Manager Feature Named Extensions:
- Send Calls (Do not disturb)
- Select Active, Idle, and Held Appearances
- Request/Cancel Callback
- Conference Calling Features
- Block/Unblock Outbound Caller ID
- Conditional Extend
- Exclusion for enhanced privacy
- Call Forwarding
- Malicious Call Trace
- Priority Call
- Transfer to voice mail
- Whisper Page