Great app! Simple to use. Wireless connection to sync between your Android device and your PC. How cool is that? (btw, the answer is: Very Cool) :-)
Birdie Sync for Thunderbird Superb...
Parveen Kumar Like it
Fantastic App !!! After having looked in vain for so many years for a replacement to the great Palm Desktop and its excellent sync conduit, I can now rely on an extremely efficient toolkit made of Thunderbird-Lightning, BirdieSync and DigiCal+ to effectively manage my time !!! A small piece of advice for all users: be aware that Android Calendar and its appendices like DigiCal do not allow to set 'Custom' recurring events while Lightning does so that such events should be synced 'From PC...' and not 'Both ways'.
Okay -- finally it works After a lot of frustration, birdie is now synching my desktop Thunderbird/Lightning calendar with my HTC android calendar. Third party calendar apps on the phone seem to synch every once ina while, but not consistently. So I won't uninstall yet.
Unreliable with more than 1 PC This app works well with one computer and one portable android device but does NOT work with two computers in the mix. There seems to be conflict and instability. I wrote off the twenty bucks as a waste of money. Google calendar runs and syncs flawless for free.
- BirdieSync could consider two different Android devices as the same device
- Android device with dual SIM, could be considered as two different devices
- An event attendee with an incorrect participation status or role could stop the whole synchronization
- Yearly events synchronized from the Android device could have an incorrect date
- In BirdieSync account, if postal address had separated fields in Android Contact app, fields were not properly synchronized to Thunderbird