Know your credit score and much more
Capital One CreditWise® is a free tool to check and monitor your credit score and it’s AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE not just Capital One® customers. Use CreditWise to understand what makes up your score and find helpful ways to take action to improve it. If your score is where you want it to be, use CreditWise to keep an eye on your accounts and get alerts when something changes on your TransUnion® or Experian® credit report.
Used by millions of Capital One customers, CreditWise (formerly CreditTracker) is key for anyone who wants to know, improve, or monitor their credit score. Using CreditWise won’t hurt your score, and you won’t ever be asked to enter a credit card number.
All features are free:
● Weekly TransUnion® VantageScore 3.0 credit score.
● Review your credit report from TransUnion® to look for signs of error, theft, or fraud. Your credit report includes open/closed accounts, balances, hard inquiries, personal information, and public records that have been reported to TransUnion®.
● Use the Credit Simulator to see how everyday decisions affect your credit score.
● Learn about the key factors that make up your credit score and how you’re doing on each of them.
● See personalized suggestions to help improve your credit score.
● Get alerts letting you know about changes to your TransUnion or Experian credit report, if your Social Security Number or email address were found on the dark web, and if any new names or addresses were associated with your Social Security Number.
● Simple, everyday tips on how you can take control of your credit.
Prepare Before You Act
How could closing a credit card account affect your credit score? How much could your score change if you pay off half your credit card debt or all your debt? See how these decisions could impact your score before you act by using our Credit Simulator.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can everyone access the CreditWise app?
A: Yes. You just have to be 18 or older.
Q: Does using CreditWise hurt my credit score?
A: No. You can utilize all of CreditWise’s free tools and features without hurting your score.
Q: How can I use my CreditWise credit score?
A: Your CreditWise score is a good measure of your credit health and its progress. And just like any score from any source, chances are your CreditWise score won’t be exactly the same as the one your lender uses. That’s because lending decisions are complex and consider a number of different factors and scoring models.
Q: I’m already enrolled in Capital One CreditTracker. Can I use the same username and password?
A: Yes. If you’ve already enrolled in CreditTracker, use the same username and password that you use to sign in to service your accounts on CapitalOne.com or to access the Capital One Mobile servicing app.