The Cardiogram Android Watch app monitors your health continuously by taking a heart rate measurement every 5 minutes. For working out, you can turn on workout mode, which will take a measure every 1 second.
On the Android Phone, you can get more details and historical trends:
• The Timeline tab shows your heart rate each day, with a detailed view for workouts and a special interface to track spikes related to stress, diet, or exercise.
• The Daily Leaderboard lens in the Timeline tab lets you compete steps and activity levels with your friends! You can invite friends who own an AppleWatch or Garmin, or even those who don't own an wearable device at all—this feature is compatible with the built-in Android Google Fit step tracker on your phone!
• The Metrics tab shows you how your resting heart rate and steps are trending over time.
• And the new Habits tab lets you find a new healthy habit or activity you'll love, invite a friend to share metrics, and optimize your overall health and fitness.
• The "Me" tab lets you build a profile and share your health data with medical researchers, to contribute to studies on abnormal heart rhythms like atrial fibrillation, heart failure, and more. Note: Cardiogram is not a medical device and is currently for research purposes only.
Cardiogram displays health data from your Android Wear, including heart rate, steps, and sleep, in chart or graph format, and lets you compare with other users and compete with your friends.